Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Ewok Village Exclusive Building Video

alexsplanetalexsplanet Member Posts: 48
Daragh1265

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,765
    If you want some feedback, I find the blending gets a little boring after a while. It was interesting the first time, but after that this is essentially a build video with little to keep the viewer's interest. There is another similar build video of exactly the same set recently posted in the Photography/Video section which to me is much more fun with the minifigs wandering around doing stuff, with C-3P0 being carried, Han and Chewie being caught in the net, Han be roasted over the fire, etc.

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/16952/new-stop-motion-review-style-ewok-village#latest

I watched that one all the way through without skipping.
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    ^I didn't, i find them all boring TBH although i appreciate the effort that goes in to all of them.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    I'm not sure why anyone would want to watch someone else build a Lego set. It's like when someone is talking about a movie that you haven't seen yet and they give away the ending.
    Andor
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    Thanks for that. I have zero interest in watching build videos, but since I haven't seen this one reviewed before even, it was rather enjoyable seeing how it comes together. I would highly consider picking this set up if it wasn't for the price. I don't need most of the figures so I guess I could sell them potentially.

I liked the blending, it was better than hands getting in the way. But like I said, I haven't seen other build videos.
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,435
    @‌admins
    Why is this thread in the collecting category? Doesn't it make more sense to relegate this topic to the photography/video section of the forum?

ps.
    @alexplanet‌
    Wow seems like a lot of work to make such a video. Do you know how much time this took you? What software (obviously a question from an utter video noob) did you use to get that smooth blending effect for your stop-motion video?
    Andor
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    Very cool!
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    @alexsplanet this is very cool as always... Would like to see you actually do a Lego based story using your technics.
  • DaraghDaragh IrelandMember Posts: 363
    Great job, I too would be interested in how this was made, what software etc. I don't find it boring at all, but like @CCC said a little extra interest and amusement can be added with the mini-figs assisting with the build etc.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,961
    It was well shot but like @CCC says the blending got really repetitive quiet fast. Also the looping music started to grate badly.
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,013
    @alexplanet Enjoyed the video. Wish I had the talent to do something like this.