Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

#79004 Barrel Escape Clearance at TRU $29.98

wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
edited October 2014 in Shopping USA/Canada
My TRU in Fairview Heights, IL had these on clearance for $29.98. (Also online) Many of us had our fill of this set previously, but it is a decent discount on a TRU exclusive. YMMV
AndorEKSam

Comments

• CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 545
    I definitely had my fill of this one. One of the best parts drafts my LUG has done!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,565
    I saw the Barrel Escapes at the TRU by me in IL as well. If I did not already have a ton of them already (From the last TRU sale on them) I would probably have grabbed a few
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    Thanks for the heads up! I haven't bought this set yet, because the price never seemed good enough, and it was starting to look like the only way to get it was to drop 50 bucks on it at my local TRU (I really hate that store!). I just ordered 2. ^_^
  • AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252
    I thought that ^ too. I will have to get one as well. @matticus_bricks‌ what will you use 2 for?
    ^ @Andor‌ Well, I need Oin and Gloin for my dwarf collection, and I don't have that version of Bilbo yet, so I will keep one each of those minifigures. I will sell the other 7 minifigures on my Bricklink store, sell the parts I don't want between the 2 sets, and end up with a really good deal on some parts I do want and a few minifigures for my Hobbit collection. I don't often build sets, except for Modulars, big exclusives, and occasionally vehicles.
    Andor
  • AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252
    edited October 2014
    I need Oin and Gloin to complete my collection of dwarfs and my collection of the first wave of Hobbit sets. What is your store name? I might be interested in buying some of the parts and minifigures.
    edited October 2014
    Jeez all of this talk about this set on clearance is making me want to go get a few more, but must resists as I am fairly certain of two things:
    1) I already have 8 of these stacked for parting out
    2) If they still have stocks by Cyber Monday this year(which could happen), they will likely have the same deal, if not better. Plus there will likely be a ton of cash back offers to be had.
    In any case, for myself and others it is better I do not buy, as it also helps those who could not get the sweet deals on these last year.

The one amusing this I saw were the numbers of TLR Colby city and The mine shootout sets still at one of my local TRUs, all at over retail...
    ^ My TRU also has those sets well over retail. It bugs me so much because I'd love to get a Colby City set, but I just can't pay $70 for it.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 794
    ^^ My local TRU had multiples of The Lone Ranger Colby City and The Mine around also last week and suddenly pulled from the shelves. I asked one of my manager friends and he said they were told from corporate to pull them from the shelves. He couldn't figure out why.
    ^Thats total nonsense. If they aren't selling, they should at least put them on clearance. I imagine there's some kind of greedy motive behind that, unfortunately.
    Andor

^Thats total nonsense. If they aren't selling, they should at least put them on clearance. I imagine there's some kind of greedy motive behind that, unfortunately.

It is, but TRU often makes no sense with their decisions, which is why they are doomed to fail.
    Even if they do 'clearance' them they will still be only slightly under what retail was.
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 356
    edited October 2014
    Maybe it will be their Black Friday deal?
    canon03 said:

Maybe it will be their Black Friday deal?

Gah, I hope not, at least if you mean the Barrel escapes or TLR stuff being the 'deal'. Last years BF deals at TRU were pretty nice IMO. Especially for the Town Square and the Republic Gunship.
    My guess is it will be similar, take a 100-130 USD set and discount it to around 80-90 USD
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873
    The Lone Ranger sets will end up at tj maxx and the like.
    matticus_bricks
    ^Please be right. When Tuesday Morning had the Silver Mine Shootout it was $40, it would be nice to see that price again.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,099

The Lone Ranger sets will end up at tj maxx and the like.

I haven't seen any decent Lego at TJ Maxx in a couple of years.

• UCDLaCrosseUCDLaCrosse Member Posts: 8
    Lone Ranger was at Ross back in April; I am hoping they make a return soon because I love that theme.