Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

CMF Series 12 at Target for $2.99

squarebear47squarebear47 Ohio - USAMember Posts: 29
Title says it all. I went to my local Target today (Ohio) and, to my delight, saw Series 12 CMF at $2.99 a pop. I had just bought some a few days prior at $3.99 from the Lego store, so I thought I'd share the love. Double check on the receipt, and they were absolutely $2.99! I wonder if anybody else has seen them at less than $3.99?

P.S. This is one of my first posts. So this is a quasi introduction. Hello!
Natebwyys4uAndor

Comments

• ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    @squarebear47, welcome to the forum, you can checkout that thread:
    Anyone have the Target DPCI for series 12 minifigs?
  • CaptainClutchCaptainClutch East CoastMember Posts: 17
    I went to my local Target in southern Michigan last Sunday and they were also $2.99.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,217
    Targets have them at 2.99 USD it seems, but all of the ones around here are cleared out.
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 500
    picked 5 CMF12's up tonight for the magic price :D My girlfriend freaked out over the guy in pig outfit :)
  • squarebear47squarebear47 Ohio - USAMember Posts: 29
    krklint
    1:06AM Flag
    picked 5 CMF12's up tonight for the magic price :D My girlfriend freaked out over the guy in pig outfit :)
    Same exact situation for me haha. She has kept the pig and the panda suit CMFs, claiming that she now owns them!
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 376
    My Target has them at $3.99 now.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Nooooooooo!
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,401
    ^Stopped by our local Target to check today. The are at $3.99 as well...
  • squarebear47squarebear47 Ohio - USAMember Posts: 29
    I'm fortunate that I got most of the ones I wanted from a few Targets around here. Very sad that they raised the price back up.
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 357
    Wow, I didn't expect them to raise them until the next series was issued. Glad I got what I wanted right when they came out. They certainly are less appealing to me at $3.99!
    Andor
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    Good job I got all 16 at $2.99 a go 3 weeks ago!
  • EKSamEKSam Member Posts: 349
    Issaquah, WA target has now upped the price to $4.49.
  • InfinitymanInfinityman United StatesMember Posts: 106
    I have been checking packs at the same Target for three weeks, and they don't seem to be selling much, even when they were $3.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    I checked one of the store today, go back to $3.99, so i guess they fix the error
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    I checked 2 separate times about a week apart, (same target though) in the Southern California area, they were 2.99.

Sucks that I already picked up most of the figures from Walgreens and the Lego store.
  • InfinitymanInfinityman United StatesMember Posts: 106
    edited November 2014
    After people reported that Target had raised their price to $4, I checked last week and found that was the case. Checking again this week, however, the price (in Lansing, anyway) was back to $3!
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    In my area, the Target CMF's didn't sell at all while they were $2.99. The display was full for at least a couple of weeks. I remember thinking that the CMF's popularity must finally be wearing out. Target then raised the price to $4.00 and they sold like hot cakes...
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515
    There are rumors of them being target clearanced for $1.48... That might have been when they disappeared. This rumor is definitely a YMMV.
    margot
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 266
    One of the Target's that I went to still had it for $2.99, but now it was marked as a lower price deal.
    edited November 2014
    it drop to 2.99 at one of my local target
    jadedanc
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    goshe7 said:

There are rumors of them being target clearanced for $1.48... That might have been when they disappeared. This rumor is definitely a YMMV.

Interesting - that could explain what I saw. The display got wiped out with a quickness.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734

After people reported that Target had raised their price to $4, I checked last week and found that was the case. Checking again this week, however, the price (in Lansing, anyway) was back to $3!

I noticed the same down here in central Illinois.
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    I found a pile of these marked down to $0.88 at our target today. Needless to say, I picked them up. The strange thing, though, is that it's the first time I'd seen them at all since their release.
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    ^Lucky!! I was just at my Target and though they had them up to $3.99 last week, they were back at $2.99. I can only hope for these amazing clearance deals you guys are getting.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,394
    I would be happy to find them at 2.99 as I have held my ground about not buying any since the price jump.
    yys4u
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 922
    My target had a full cardboard display marked down to $1.48. Too bad I already bought a set weeks ago at $2.99, sigh.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 682
    I checked my Target today and they were $2.99 and I asked an employee standing right there scanning stuff, so I went ahead and asked if they were scheduled for mark-down. She said no way....since they'd only been on the shelve since the 11th. This is the first time they've received them.
    my two local target are out of them, one of the store has three boxes last Sat and seems to be all gone
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    edited November 2014
    I just got one on Saturday. The price on the shelf was labeled $2.99, but it rang up for $3.99. I didn't notice until I had left the store. Not sure if I'll go all the way back over $1, since I only picked up the one I wanted ( #71007-16 Spooky Girl).
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,401
    I really think that if TLG is going to sell these CMFs for $3.99, there's going to be a lot more sales on them. They still had a few Simpsons hanging around at our local Target last time I went by.
    I went back to our Target last night to see if any were left, and they were wiped out. Luckily, I'd already grabbed a pile of them (some will be stocking stuffers), so I didn't feel too bad. I tried to grab a few and leave a few each time I was there; I didn't want to be the guy grabbing 60 at .88/pc.
  • jedivalkyriejedivalkyrie Member Posts: 169
    edited November 2014
    A few weeks ago, at the Jackson TN Target, they had many many series 9, Simpsons, and 12 CMFs for $1.48 each (same DCPI number, so I think they were clearancing series 9 and inadvertently did 12 at the same time).

I was able to get a set of 9 & set of 12 for ~$50 total.

The next week the end cap was empty........
    Andor
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,394
    I actually did find them at one Target at 2.99 so the kids and I grabbed quite a few. We ended up getting 2 full sets and spares.
    Andor
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 266
    What is the DPCI number for series 12? I want to check the price without going to the store.
  • spaztrickspaztrick Member Posts: 8
    Series 12 and 13 are both showing as 204-00-0261. A store near me shows 319 in stock, got there and they had 8 bags of Series 12. They claimed there were no other cases in the back. Still at $3.99 too. :(
  • blarghiflarghblarghiflargh Member Posts: 99
    Yeah my local Target has 401 in stock when I do a DCPI check and nothing when I get there.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    Since they have the same DPCI number, that inventory tracker is tricky. My local stores showed 400 in stock, I go to the store and they have 5+ boxes of series 12 and the employee stated they don't have any series 13 yet. So I wait until I see the actual box in store. And they have been $3.99 here the entire time at one of the Targets, but the other one was at 2.99 for most of the time it was there.
    Sethro3 said:

Since they have the same DPCI number, that inventory tracker is tricky. My local stores showed 400 in stock, I go to the store and they have 5+ boxes of series 12 and the employee stated they don't have any series 13 yet. So I wait until I see the actual box in store. And they have been $3.99 here the entire time at one of the Targets, but the other one was at 2.99 for most of the time it was there.

That's crazy that they're still at full price. Our S12 figs were marked down to .88 sometime in November or early december. Hopefully your target will mark them down soon; .88 was the only way I'd have bought any of S12!