Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What are you buying right now ?

Thought it would be interesting what other people are looking for on Bricklink, Ebay, or any other buying site. Right now I am in the market for the #10029 Lunar Lander, #6972 Polaris 1 Space Lab, and finally #6950 Mobile Rocket Transport
Maniac4Bricks

Comments

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited October 2014
    I'm still on the hunt for a Ferrari FXX. But picked up a Rebels Ghost & Phantom combo for 27% off to celebrate the new show's launch (1st episode was quite good so I was inspired).
  • ThirdBuckEyeThirdBuckEye Member Posts: 44
    Looking for Taj Mahal, Eifel Tower and Research Institute.
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    I bought the series 5 friends animals recently and am waiting for it to ship. Am hopeful wave 6 will be out in the states b4 to long. Am debating on getting the jungle falls set or might just recreate it from parts from my collection and am waiting on word on what the Xmas poly will be at target.

Pochay53
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,563
    andheNorlegoAdzbadboy
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 797
    I'm waiting to get the Palace Cinema, hoping it'll come on sale at some point. Oh, and would love the Research Institute if it's ever available again.
  • B_HollsB_Holls Member Posts: 41
    Heard that there will be a second run for research institute
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    The second run seems to have been in the EUR shops for a few weeks but oddly hasn't made it to [email protected] yet.
  • B_HollsB_Holls Member Posts: 41
    Yeah strange
    I was told by a lego store employee on Friday that there would be more research institutes available in early November.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Holiday Elf army building.
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    I've been patiently waiting on a good deal on #2507 Ninjago Fire Temple. I'll probably pick up #70728 Battle for Ninjago City sometime this month for Double VIP points.
  • Big_Blue_WinkyBig_Blue_Winky Member Posts: 181
    I'm looking at getting another horizon express, another Maersk container train, the new cargo and passenger trains, new station and all the requisite power functions, seems I've been a little lax with my railways recently and needs rectified immediately.
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    I sold off my minifigure collection last year so now I'm rebuilding. For the last week or two I've been buying Collectible Minifigures by the set or the case. I still need series 8 and the Lego Movie.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,139
    I regretted selling my Green Grocer and Market Street sets so I just bit the bullet and bought them both again. Now I have a compete modular collection again, except for the Cinema and restaurant.
    Legoboymargot
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 357
    #21110 Research Institute and #70623 Tumbler. Fun for the kids and for me!
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 746
    With the holiday set available in the UK from tomorrow it is time to start buying Xmas and birthday presents... TH and 2x Santas Worhshop should be a nice start.
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545
    I intend to do some catching up in a couple weeks...picking up Town Hall, Palace Cinema, Parisian Restaurant, Sydney Opera House, Ewok Village, Simpsons House
  • Corwin12Corwin12 Member Posts: 30
    Just bought 60008 Museum Break In (been eyeing for it awhile,) 41055 - Cinderella Castle (when Amazon had it for 24% off,) 41052 - Ariel's Kiss. With double points, I will be buying the Simpsons House and Santa's Toy shop for certain.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,264
    I have just finished my first large Technic set: #42025 Cargo Plane. An astonishing number of pieces were new to me, which made construction a lot of fun, and the results are fantastic!
    rancorbaitGothamConstructionCo
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    edited October 2014
    ^ That one is on my list along with the new Volvo one. Never really was a big fan of technic but that yellow rescue helicopter really grabbed me. Still have to build my motorized excavator at some point. Trying to decide if I want the Mobile Crane or not.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    You want the crane. You need the crane.
    Brickarmor
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,264
    @graphite - Unfortunately I can definitely imagine myself buying the Volvo Wheel Loader now if I found myself with some spare change, and the Le Mans Racing Car being released early next year is on my wanted list for certain.

The Cargo Plane is just fantastic though, highly recommended (but for the stickers which were a pain to apply).
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Legoboy said:

You want the crane. You need the crane.

And #41999 too ;o)
    ^ I have the 4x4 crawler and it was a fun build but an overall lackluster set. I think #41999 was all just hype. It does look better than the Crawler but if that had come out as a regular set in place of the Crawler without the special edition and without the hype I don't think it would have done any better.

@CapnRex101 definitely looking forward to the LeMans car as well. I have the Indy car #42000 but haven't built it yet but when I saw it on display at a TRU I was impressed. Will be nice to have those two next to each other. Hopefully they'll do more like them in the future.
  • The_Mad_VulcanThe_Mad_Vulcan SeattleMember Posts: 162
    I've been slowly collecting the Blacktron I and Space Police I sets. I've been getting them as the opportunity arises, but I'd sure like to get ahold of the SP-Striker. That's my current grail.
  • Peter1975Peter1975 DeventerMember Posts: 164
    Just ordered #10245 by phone. It's on it's way. Allready got an e-mail for confimation. And it includes #40106. Totally happy.
  • Cosworth3dCosworth3d Member Posts: 42
    edited October 2014
    just bought the sets the last 3 months

71007 complete 16 minifigs
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 746
    #10224 TH ordered for Xmas for my youngest, with holiday freebie for his stocking. This will be his 4th modular.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,787
    #10235 bought today at the Metrocentre Lego shop. Just built the freebie. I will be getting Santa's workshop next month for the second freebie. It made more sense to buy the dearer set first while we have 2x VIP points.
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    I just bought:
    Santa's Workshop
    City Advent Calendar
    Snowman
    Reindeer
    Halloween Bat
    Thanksgiving Turkey
    Winter Village Market
    ECTO-1

I have just got off layby, two are on order from Lego:
    Palace Cinema
    Town Hall
    Pet Shop

So I will be busy this Christmas with these and setting up my winter Christmas display. So happy lol.
  • monkeymonkey Member Posts: 234
    Just bought #79015 Witch King Battle, gorgeous minifigs and some nice parts!! Now after Haunted house for hopefully half-decent price, and something Christmasy..
    Cosworth3d
    I just bought 4 retail displays from Star Wars, Monster Fighters, Alien Conquest, and City.
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    Found the retired Car Park set (4207) at TRU on clearance ($99 vs usual $119). It's one that I kind of wanted to get, was sad to see go w/o buying, but quite happy when I saw it there!

Two points -- 1) TRU actually had sets at Lego's RRP (!!) and 2) it gave me an excuse to get the 2nd Bricktober set (plus I bought an extra 1st for $19.99 as they had spare).

Last week I picked up Town Square there (at RRP) for the 1st Bricktober. A set I had wanted for sure.

Could be an expensive October!
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    I have always wanted some of the LEGO displays. I saw a guy in Cleveland selling a bunch on craigslist. They take up a bunch of room but think they would look neat in my LEGO cave.
    My wife asked me what I wanted to do for my bday tommorow. I told her I wanted Legos. That being said I would like some friendly input on which 2 of the following sets to buy tomorrow.

Arkham Asylum #10937
    Tumbler #76023
    Tower of Orthanc #10237
    Parisian Restaurant #10243
    Maersk Line Triple E #10241
    Mobile crane MK II #42009

I really want AA and the tumbler prob won't be in stock. So I guess it comes down to which of the other four do you think is best/EOL first. Thanks in advance for your help
    Andor
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    ^Rumor has it Tower of Orthanc may EOL soon, but I have my doubts. If I were you I'd definitely get AA and ToO if available.

I also have my eye on those two sets, though being a college student I can only occasionally afford a big set. I will probably be cashing in some VIP points on Brick Friday to get a large set, either Arkham Asylum, Tower of Orthanc or Simpson's House.
    ThirdBuckEye
    ^^ I agree with ^ On the next to go list I would probably rank those AA, ToO, EEE, MK II, and Tumbler/PR will be around for a bit longer. My guess is Tumbler will get back in force after the holidays. They just didn't make enough for demand and probably had too much other stuff in the pipeline for the holidays.
    AndorThirdBuckEye
  • TLGTLG Member Posts: 125
    I am looking for 8880-1, as a way of getting into Technic:)
    B_HollspharmjodGalactus
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 797
    I stumbled upon the Friends Sunshine Harvest set and completely fell in love with it. Now waiting for sales in local stores so I can go grab it.
    Pochay53
  • drlmiles1drlmiles1 UKMember Posts: 177
    I've recently completed full sets of all the CMFs, the last one being Series 8 (although I have also completed Series 12, initially buying 27 blind bags for the cost of 18 at Argos (got 14 different).
    Also got into Modulars, and am awaiting TH (bought PS & GE from [email protected] and FB off eBay) and also got HH from [email protected] while it was still available.
  • AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252
    I would say Arkham Asylum, Tower of Orthanc, and Parisian Resturant. I own Tower of Orthanc and it amazingly tall aad exquisitely decorated. AA and PR are the next big sets on my list. Enjoy what you choose!
    ThirdBuckEye
  • JamesJTJamesJT Member Posts: 440
    TLG said:

I am looking for 8880-1, as a way of getting into Technic:)

Get one that hasn't seen any sunlight - all those white parts are almost brown on most used examples.
    Thanks for the insight. I believe I will go with AA and ToO. Hopefully they are in stock at the store
    Andor
  • AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252
    Yeah, great choice. You won't be disappointed.
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    I got a sealed #6845 Cosmic Charger recently and the box is amazing! So happy to finally have a sealed classic space set in my collection. :D
    ThirdBuckEyeCosworth3dchuckpbrumeyMynatt
    ^ Awesome!
    bobabricks
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Came back from Paris this week so built Architecture Eiffel Tower #21019 to commemorate it. A nice finished piece that's just the right size.
    I was able to get their last ToO but the AA was not in stock. The manager said they had not received any since mid September and he is not sure about any future shipments.
  • Cosworth3dCosworth3d Member Posts: 42
    Bought some mint boxed classic Castle and pirates set

and getting the following sets on monday in the VIP 2x points

#79015 #79016 #79017 #79018

bobabricks