Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

LEGO Batman 3 Preorder Exclusive: Plastic Man

Comments

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,111
    They have had the promo at the same time as game before, but game had some DLC pack as well - think that was Lego Movie game.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,253
    Amazon has the Batgirl keychain I believe, at least in the US
    ^UK it looks like all amazon have is a DLC pack
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    Was Plastic Man available at NYCC in October 2014? I am seeing some eBay listings and wonder about my Gamestop preorder that is still months away if at all. Thanks,
  • richlrichl NYCMember Posts: 244
    ^ I don't think he was - I was at NYCC for 3 days and all I saw/heard was handed out was the Bionicle mask.
  • epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    Ugh. I keep forgetting to go preorder this.
    I should probably head to GameStop *shudder* this weekend.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    I know this is a little off topic but is there a batgirl minifig that is not a keychain out there
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,784
    ^ #76013
    epyon396 said:

Ugh. I keep forgetting to go preorder this.
    I should probably head to GameStop *shudder* this weekend.

I decided to order online and have the game and figure delivered, hoping that I will have an easier time getting the figure that is promised in their advertisements (as the figure is available online now). I guess like anything it could still be missing when I get it but I would just then take it back to the store to return it, OR complain to their CS and hope I can have it resolved.
    Just seemed more likely that Ill get the figure if I order it to be delivered vs trying to fight for one at the store.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 656

Was Plastic Man available at NYCC in October 2014? I am seeing some eBay listings and wonder about my Gamestop preorder that is still months away if at all. Thanks,

They gave some away at the panel held for the game.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 929
    Ordering online and doing store pickup at one of the larger area stores near me has always worked. However, I go on the release date as early as possible to make sure they can't claim that they "ran out". This has never happened to me, but I have seen all of the horror stories of my fellow bricksetters.
    I will agree with teal go early that day not a couple days later
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 682
    I've never tried it online. I've always had great luck at one of my local stores. The last Lego preorder, I was told I was the only one to reserve a copy. The first time I was in there was to ask about the Lex Luther poly and the worker ran in back to grab me a couple. Since then, I just mention the kids will have to fight over the poly and he give me a second. Which is awefully nice..but dumb on Gamestops part. If they only have 1 person preorder...then why send a dozen polys?
  • richlrichl NYCMember Posts: 244
    GIR3691 said:

They did? I was in that panel - everyone got a tshirt and poster but I didn't see any Plas figures. Maybe they were for people asking questions.
  • koozkooz Connecticut, USAMember Posts: 158
    richl said:

GIR3691 said:

They did? I was in that panel - everyone got a tshirt and poster but I didn't see any Plas figures. Maybe they were for people asking questions.
    Yeah, I was at the panel as well and didn't see or hear of any.
  • BazookaJoeX9BazookaJoeX9 Member Posts: 98
    Can anyone predict how much these will go for on BL?
  • GuroooGurooo Member Posts: 268
    $20 seems to be a usual price for these exclusives, with the exception being Iron Patriot, that one was both more popular and limited than most of these figs.
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    Thanks everyone!

I would think that the few people that preorder from Gamestop would make this much more limited than the widely available Iron Patriot from Walmart which went on and on for months and even popped up at much cheaper prices this summer.
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    I've preordered two copies from Game in the UK. That way I can open one for display and keep one sealed. The games themselves will go straight onto eBay to hopefully recover most of the outlay and overall should work out cheaper than buying just the fig from eBay or BL.
    edited October 2014
    kooz said:

My mistake. Apparently it was at the game demo area at the Batman 75th booth.

• koozkooz Connecticut, USAMember Posts: 158
    GIR3691 said:

kooz said:

My mistake. Apparently it was at the game demo area at the Batman 75th booth.

Damn, I didn't make it over there. Should have.
  • daveace21daveace21 Member Posts: 41
    I have a question. I have noticed on some ebay auctions that their appears to be two different packaging designs. One has just the big picture of plastic man and the other has the big picture of plastic man along with a small pic. Does anyone have any information for me? Is one rarer than the other? thanks.
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 851
    I've seen the two different packages. I am curious about that too. Just for curiosity sake cuz its getting opened and put on display either way
    Andor
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,297
    I think it is because one was a NY Comic con give away and one is a GameStop give away.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    My plans are to buy the game and resell the game later to recoup the cost of the figure. I did that with Elrond too. I love the LEGO games, but I have zero time to play them. I'm still trying to finish Batman 1...
    Andor
  • blarghiflarghblarghiflargh Member Posts: 99
    I ordered the Vita version of the game to get the figure. Half the price and it's something I can bring with me when I visit my niece and we can play the game together.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    Just got shipment confirmation from Gamestop that shows the freebie.
    graphite said:

Just got shipment confirmation from Gamestop that shows the freebie.

Me too. Here is to hoping it actually is with the game when received and not some warehouse snafu. I hate to sound negative about it, but with Gamestop I take nothing for granted
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    I'm waiting for the Bizarro Plastic Man.
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    ^ Bizarro Plastic Man cannot stretch or change shape, and is, in fact, made of plastic. Consequently, you probably already have him, under the name "Lego Minifig". ;-P
    GothamConstructionCo
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    ^^^ I've online preordered all of the games that came with figs so far and haven't had one issue so I'm crossing my fingers that my luck continues. Definitely trust the online warehouses more than the minimum wage flunkies that handle the figs in store.

One store I went looking for the extras of something for told me that the manager kept any extras of freebies like those and gave them out as prizes at their christmas party or something. Wouldn't be surprised if the employees just told people picking up games that they didn't have the bonus just so they'd be left over.
    Andor
    I got a message saying I could go pick it up tonight at a midnight release
    I got that too. Starts at 9pm, check local store for participation. The store is near my office, so I'll just go tomorrow during my lunch break.
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 851
    Life in Plastic, it's fantastic!
    carlqGothamConstructionCo
  • TLGTLG Member Posts: 125
    Just got mine!
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Totally thought this wasn't coming out till December. Is there a way to still buy the game and figure or do I have to resort to ebay now?
    Got to wait until Friday in the UK. Two on pre-order. I'll take the figures and then the games will be straight on Ebay.
    yys4u said:

Totally thought this wasn't coming out till December. Is there a way to still buy the game and figure or do I have to resort to ebay now?

Knowing GS you can probably go to one and buy the game and ask if they have spares, but I would say to be fair wait to ensure those who pre-ordered to get the fig can pick up their copy and get the figure
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 322
    My local Game Stop was awesome! I pre-ordered the 3DS version even though I prefer PC, but still ordered to secure a Plastic Man. I went in expecting a "no go" on my request to switch my order to PC. I was pleasantly surprised they performed the switch with no fuss and I walked out with download code and Plastic Man.
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,631
    It odd that they do this differently each side of the water in the UK there is a version all boxed with the figure in, game emailed today to say they are getting ready to post, really wanted it for the weekend.
    I just had my email from Game to say my copy has shipped. Hopefully I'll have it for the weekend. Bring on the hype train for next years DC sets!
    LostInTranslationMojoestGothamConstructionCocarlq
    Shib said:

I just had my email from Game to say my copy has shipped. Hopefully I'll have it for the weekend. Bring on the hype train for next years DC sets!

Mine too :-)
    Shib
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    Picked mine up at Gamestop today. The manager knows I have two kids so he always checks the pre order list and if he can he gives me two.
  • JdawgJdawg St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada Member Posts: 83
    Mine just showed up at my door 20 mins ago. I get the fig, wife gets the game. Cool fig.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Just picked up my 2 orders at GameStop. The guy guaranteed I would get the freebie and I did, but he told me I was lucky because he's about 4 short on preorders. Not cool.
    Successfully picked up my game and Plastic Man poly. In the 5 minutes I was in the store, I was also asked if I wanted to:

-buy a season pass for Lego Batman 3.
    -buy the Master Chief Collection.
    -start a payment plan for an Xbox One.

Yikes. I remember why I stopped shopping there.
    AndorMandalorian_BuilderBuriedinBricks
  • goingdeepegoingdeepe Member Posts: 24
    nice story here...got to my local gamestop at 11pm, they were having a midnight opening for Halo and AC unity, said we could also get Batman 3, paid at 1105, about 1120 the manager brought me over my plasticman lego poly bag :), at midnight picked B3 for the 360, out the door by 1210..I believe i was the first preorder B3 at the store.

I went at midnight because of some the stories on here about gamestop and giving out the poly bags. I can say I had a good experience (luckily I was off work today for Veterans Day) and thank you Veterans for all you do keeping America and her allies a safer place!
    Are the polys separate to the game in the US, is that why there lots of talk of their not being enough / ones being given away etc?

With TLM game and from the looks of the packaging shots for Batman 3, (and I'm guessing others I haven't taken notice of) in the UK the game and poly are package together in a card sleeve as a single promotional set. That way I guess there are far fewer instances of polys being given away as the pack would have to be opened and then the sleeve discarded to leave just the standard game case on its own.
    Yeah, Gamestop does them as a separate pack. Walmart had the Iron Patriot minifig in a special package, but otherwise its usually separate.
  • cardgeniuscardgenius Member Posts: 153
    Got my Plastic Man but he came with no hair! Is the hair piece the same one that Superman has?