Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 947
    Like many others I was caught off guard when this EOL'd, so I was a very happy camper when it arrived today.
    Adzbadboyrancorbaitcarlq
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,085

Like many others I was caught off guard when this EOL'd, so I was a very happy camper when it arrived today.

Thats great! Where did it come from?
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 947
    ^ A local buy/sell website. There was a Curiosity Rover listed and I offered the seller a trade for the RI. He declined, but another user must have happened across the ad because he got in touch saying he would be open to the offer I made.

I had only posted asking about their respective values in the aftermarket a few hours previously here in the forum.
  • JdurgJdurg Member Posts: 18

how many hours spent building?

I can't recall exactly, but I spent a good three days building it with about 5 hours spent each day. So a very rough estimate is about 15 hours. Built it while watching all six Star Wars movies just for fun. heh. While it was painful on my fingers, the end result was so very, VERY worth it. The completed set is simply amazing to see.

Currently, I'm in a lull period. I've basically bought all the Lego sets I want/need to buy, so I am now just perusing BrickLink to see if there are any other sets out that that I want to buy.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited September 2014
    Arrived today: 1 x Exo suit.

...meh, I don't want it now.

Just kidding. ;o)
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY, it's HERE!

And now I have a sudden urge to put the Disco Dancer's hair on 'YVE', suit her up, and shout 'Get away from her, you BRICKS!'

cheshirecatcarlqGuroooLego_StarGothamConstructionCo
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,238
    Tired from reverse engineering a MOC on LDD, it's probably the most success I've ever had with LDD and I think it's taught me better how it use it.
  • BrickusBrickus Member Posts: 9
    Just finished the Volvo Wheel Loader and the latest Hero Factory sets, my fingers are so sore.
  • JdurgJdurg Member Posts: 18
    Ended my downperiod yesterday. :) Went and picked up the Bounty Hunter Pursuit set (always wanted a Zam Wessel minifig, now I got the full set to boot!), Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster as I also kind of wanted that, and the one I'm most excited to be getting, an Imperial Landing Craft. One of the few OT sets that I don't have, plus it basically gives me four Stormtroopers to add to my army as I can just omit the orange pauldrons from the two sandtroopers in the set and BAM, I got me two additional Stormtroopers. Now the worst part is waiting for it to arrive. The one thing I hate about ordering Lego stuff online.
  • HobHob My Lego houseMember Posts: 223
    Had a lego weekend started the monster fighter manison (ready for Halloween) and the wife went to cardiff and picked up the santa workshop and exo suit plus 4 of the new minifigs from series 12. Gonna finish the mansion tonight.
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    After working 76hrs this week...just looking forward to American Football and starting working on project I started 3 weeks ago now that most of my BL parts are in.
    Pitfall69
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Received a Batcave as a very generous gift from my in-laws as a thank you. Problem is, I already have two. They did include a gift receipt for Target so a swap is not going to be an issue...the bigger question is what I should get with the credit.

I still need much of the current SH wave of sets, so I kind of feel like I should start there. However, "SPACESHIP SPACESHIP SPACESHIP" keeps running through my head and this would take a big bite out of that price tag.
    JenniAndor
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,625
    I just watched reviews of all the LEGO Legends of Chima sets: WOW I didn't know they were that cool no wonder they sell so well on the market. I wondered why the sets suffer loads of exposed Technic however now I realised that the features required it: I was really being picky.

Now I will careful until I see any new LEGO sets myself or a review until I judge them.
    JenniAndor
  • AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252
    Adzbadboy said:

I just watched reviews of all the LEGO Legends of Chima sets: WOW I didn't know they were that cool no wonder they sell so well on the market. I wondered why the sets suffer loads of exposed Technic however now I realised that the features required it: I was really being picky.

Now I will careful until I see any new LEGO sets myself or a review until I judge them.

That what I noticed about them to as well other themes.
    Talked myself into a new spaceship for the collection. I really need to get at least the summer wave of DC sets, but I justify waiting with the argument that those are more likely to be discounted at some point.
    RomanticWarrior
    edited September 2014
    This made my day; it's a response to my recently uploaded LEGO Creator - Clockwork Robot (31040):
    flic.kr/s/aHsk49vxBJ

Sorry the picture didn't work properly:

"That is simply fantastic. I've been studying your photos to figure out your build techniques so I can build this for my son." - Brandon Miller

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=100607
    rancorbaitGothamConstructionCo
    edited September 2014
    Here are the links to the LEGO Digital Designer files for my LEGO Creator Clockwork Robot (31040) Due to someone on Eurobricks asking to build it for their son I have decided to share the files.

Clockwork Robot:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/008un3vif46cl9t/LEGO Creator Clockwork Robot (31040).lxf?dl=0

RoboDog:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1juoj5dq6p9uh3/LEGO Creator Clockwork Robot (31040) (Alternative Model - Robotic Dog).lxf?dl=0

Insect Mech:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5qdz0qfr49e5m8/LEGO Creator Clockwork Robot (31040) (Alternative Model - Insect Mech).lxf?dl=0

Please do not modify these files or claim they are yours; they are my creations. I allow them to be used to build in ones household only, so you are free you build it your own use/display. I would be grateful for any feedback, reviews or pictures of the built models.
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    edited September 2014
    @Adzbadboy thanks for the files, very nice of you to share the LDDs, my son really liked them he saw me looking at the pictures and ask me if I could build them.
    AdzbadboyGothamConstructionCo
    jediami65 said:

@Adzbadboy thanks for the files, very nice of you to share the LDDs, my son really liked them he saw me looking at the pictures and ask me if I could build them.

@Jediami65 Thanks I really appreciate that :D

Again I would be grateful for any feedback, reviews or pictures of the built models.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,391
    Our Barbershop was on National Television today during the Michigan game. The commentator even mentioned it. Said "I wonder if they are watching the game in there." I did not see the plug, but I got inundated with texts from all over the country who saw it. Awesome!!!!
    BumblepantsEKSamjadedancGothamConstructionColegomatt
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,999
    Finished disassembling and boxing #7626 Jungle Cutter. Just look at the dust on it! :-S
    Andor
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,493
    edited September 2014
    Just building some Friends animals sets tonight and I am thinking, "Wow, that is good for value for £2!" having bought them in a 3 for 2 sale. :)
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    Got the new figs today.
    carlqlegomattGothamConstructionCo
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 748
    Looking forward to going to STEAM tomorrow with my son. Came out of my dark ages at STEAM two years ago.
  • Big_Blue_WinkyBig_Blue_Winky Member Posts: 181
    After several lego free months due to dealing with a some minor issues and over spending somewhat on a new car I have now rectified this with several arctic sets, the helicopter, jet ski thing and a friend very generously gave me set #8265 technic front loader(love this set a lot) all seems well with the world again.
    The new arctic stuff is great, I really enjoyed the original sets and I think I will certainly go out my way to complete this collection.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,720
    Awww, we can fix that...
    TheCableGuy
  • Peter1975Peter1975 DeventerMember Posts: 166
    Today I went to the SHELL gasstation to fedge all the different Lego polybags. HAPPY!!
  • giuelegiuele Member Posts: 2
    my lego status today is fine i'm happy of my lego
    Tired after STEAM, but still buzzing off of it. Thought of a new little MOC project to work on as a result too, which will be nice if I have the parts to get something half decent out of it!
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,486
    Today I've ordered most of the remaining parts for the steam train I'm currently building. That's after spending a good few hours completely re-building the tender in order to 'turn around' the IR Receiver and Battery Box, as the lead wouldn't quite reach from the motor to the receiver (despite using an extension cable).

Thankfully it does now reach, and I ran it for the first time this afternoon, just to check clearances etc. I'm very pleased to say that (following a slight alteration) it runs nicely around curves and switches. I'm also pleased that the motor actually has enough power to pull the whole train (it's a biggie)! I might try it with some HS coaches tomorrow evening, see how it likes those...
    Thanks to a trade with @sirrich69‌ at STEAM at the weekend, I have finally managed to complete my 30xxx poly collection! :-)) Until the next wave arrives, that is :-S
    carlq
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Tired and sad. Brickcon is over for another year. It was a great turnout though but I have to wait a year to see my friends again :(
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    Making more progress on my room.
    WatfordScottyMrancorbait
  • ClumsybumsyClumsybumsy Member Posts: 16
    I am working in my (very small) LEGO city today.
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    Completed acquiring Series 12 (sans duplicates!), and also picked up 60026 (Town Square) at TRU (for actual Lego retail $) and got the mini Cinema as the 1st of Bricktober's offerings!
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    I was listening to my children talking this morning my 8 year old was telling his little sister who's nearly 6 that later mummy can build some of her sets while we build ours later after school. My daughter then replied with no you know mummy likes to keep them in the box on display. Well I had to laugh a little but really it makes me feel a little sad, I really must find more time.
    It was my daughter's 5th Birthday yesterday and she got the Captain America and Red Skull Lego set she wanted. I was going to put it together with her, but she wanted her Frozen playset put together first. Don't ask me how, but I managed to rip my thumbnail off while putting that thing together. No, Lego for a while :(
    AndorcheshirecatrancorbaitAdzbadboy
    Hoping no one posts any awesome deals for the rest of the month as my car has just swallowed all my money! (not literally of course, my car is not Lightening McQueen/Kitt/Benny the cab/Brum/any other sentient car)
    carlqGothamConstructionCoAdzbadboy
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    Herbie the love bug
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    LoL @ Brum
    Shib
    edited October 2014
    Brum was a big part of my childhood, it was awesome and probably explains why I still tend to enjoy watching animation etc that features non speaking characters - also now I have the theme song in my head...
    LostInTranslationMatthewCapnRex101Adzbadboy
    edited October 2014
    @Pitfall69 - my daughter's 5th was on Tuesday. Only a small Friends set for her ( #41030 ), as Littlest Pet Shop and Equestria Girls dominated the wish list this year. Probably for the best. My wife thinks she has too much already.
    Pitfall69
    She has most of the Equestria Girls, but they are poorly made and the legs keep popping off.
    Pitfall69 said:

She has most of the Equestria Girls, but they are poorly made and the legs keep popping off.

I'll have to watch for that. She had no interest in them at all until she got one for an early present, then all of the sudden she wanted them all and picked up a second with birthday money. I suppose it was going to happen, given the size of the regular pony collection (it was in the 3-digit range at last count)
  • pixiepixie Member Posts: 19
    I'm designing, so "Why are there so few colors?"
    Just popped into Winnenden (SW Germany) to pick up some Series 12 minifigs. Got 28 bags in total - should be a full set plus a few choise extras :-) Gonna start opening now...
    Yep, all different with 12 spares :-))
    carlq
  • AndyPolAndyPol UKMember Posts: 362
    Trying to hide #10220 so that my 7 year old doesn't find it before his birthday next week. Unfortunately, the immaculate box that arrived from LEGO and was sitting in our hallway was difficult to explain, but I think I got away with it!
    GothamConstructionCoLegoboyAdzbadboy
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,720
    Currently sat in the corner of a room being a grump waiting for my son to finish up at a birthday party he's attending. Browsing my sets in chronological order using the myBrickset app. Memories. Even PotC seems like such a long time ago.