Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Predictions on Discontinuing Sets and their Secondary Market Value

Comments

• vaspvasp USAMember Posts: 73
    TRU usa has T1 in stock. Looks like Plenty
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,402

Thought about that all day and all I could come up with is Apple, Walmart, ebay and Ferrari.

My CC does provide cashback on Wal-Mart, I don't consider eBay as a retailer, I already mentioned Apple, and who can afford a Ferrari (even with cashback). Perhaps college and professional sports teams. In fact, Lego is starting act alot like a sports team and their approach to merchandising; fifty dollars for a cheap jersey, etc...
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,402
    cloaked7 said:

Time will tell, but I think the no discount policies, etc. will hurt LEGO. I don't see it being permanent. That business tactic just doesn't go over well with retailers or customers.

The retailers are driven by the customers, so if customers start to balk then the retailers will just pull Lego's product off the shelf. Just my opinion, but I think CMFs wll be dead soon at $4 plus tax for 5 parts. The discounts on exclusives are gone, so that has to hurt sales of the high priced sets. So that leaves the middle price range, and as long as Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. can discount those they will continue to sell.

It's really sad, but I only saw one customer in the Lego store during my last visit. Maybe the B&M stores are consider by Lego to be loss-leaders, but that sounds like an expensive approach to selling Lego sets.
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,289
    Question from a total noob/nitwit (Me!) with regard to secondary market value of sets. Since I have never bought any set for resale, nor thus far ever sold any of my Lego, out of curiosity, do any of you experts (those who post a lot on this thread, and of whom I suppose it is save to assume they know what they are talking about) have a (well informed opinion) on this particular set:
    brickset.com/sets/9493-1/X-wing-Starfighter
    When do you think this 2012 set will retire, and what are your thoughts on the value of this X-wing Star Wars set? Apparently the Jek Porkins minifig is exclusive to it. Ooh and with regard to the value of it when in MISB condition (as you find the article on the shelves in stores).

And a second question, for those who buy and sell international, is the resellers market in Europe much different from the one in the UsA? (I am from the Netherlands)
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited October 2014
    ^^Its not so much about the product or market segment as company behavior. Ferrari was an example of a company that dictates and limits what a customer can do with their product after having already bought it. Apple behaves the same way with their customers and app developers. While Ebay and Walmart are putting the screws into their sellers to comply to what they deem fit for their business model.
  • flyingpigflyingpig Member Posts: 119
    cloaked7 said:

LEGO 'cashback'. You mean LEGO VIP? Would really be sad (and not just from the money aspect) if that went away. I don't think it will, but with LEGO squeezing every penny out of every dollar, who knows?

Time will tell, but I think the no discount policies, etc. will hurt LEGO. I don't see it being permanent. That business tactic just doesn't go over well with retailers or customers.

I mean referrer websites like shop discover and topcashback. Apparently my comparison link got eaten.... I guess brickset wants to keep that sweet referral income? :/
  • Milne44Milne44 Member Posts: 112
    SSD now showing sold out at [email protected] UK.
    FollowsCloselySuperTramp
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,302

Question from a total noob/nitwit (Me!) with regard to secondary market value of sets. Since I have never bought any set for resale, nor thus far ever sold any of my Lego, out of curiosity, do any of you experts (those who post a lot on this thread, and of whom I suppose it is save to assume they know what they are talking about) have a (well informed opinion) on this particular set:
    brickset.com/sets/9493-1/X-wing-Starfighter
    When do you think this 2012 set will retire, and what are your thoughts on the value of this X-wing Star Wars set? Apparently the Jek Porkins minifig is exclusive to it. Ooh and with regard to the value of it when in MISB condition (as you find the article on the shelves in stores).

And a second question, for those who buy and sell international, is the resellers market in Europe much different from the one in the UsA? (I am from the Netherlands)

You ask 10 people this you will get 10 different answers.
    I will say, based on experience, SW is a bad investment unless the set is something unique and or expensive (and usually only if both conditions are met), otherwise figure 2 things with SW:
    -Every Tom Dick and Harry will have piles of sets 20 high in their closets of any and every SW set hoping to make their millions, and then you have those who stock a couple away to sell later, which adds up to a lot available after they are gone from LEGO. Check out 9516 as an example.
    -LEGO constantly redo's sets, and most of the earlier versions of the sets then lose their aftermarket value or unless gotten on a godd sale (which does not really happen as much as it used to), at at near what they sold new for. See #6212 on eBay as an example.

Selling overseas to me is a headache. It was less of one with eBay had its global shipping program (GSP) (which also had a decent protection system built in for seller and buyer), but now LEGO has issued their next decree that those (at least in the US) cannot use GSP with new LEGO sets purchases. Now I will not sell any new sets overseas. Used sets, which I have a majority off, I will likely still over though.
    ^Just for clarity's sake, when you say "new sets" are you referring to sets that TLG currently has released or do unopened EOL sets also count as "new sets?" Thanks...
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409

Thought about that all day and all I could come up with is Apple, Walmart, ebay and Ferrari.

My CC does provide cashback on Wal-Mart, I don't consider eBay as a retailer, I already mentioned Apple, and who can afford a Ferrari (even with cashback). Perhaps college and professional sports teams. In fact, Lego is starting act alot like a sports team and their approach to merchandising; fifty dollars for a cheap jersey, etc...
    http://bit.ly/1yEEF2X

Who says you can't afford a Ferrari? This one is $50K and would be a ton of fun... It is my son's favorite color to boot! :)

Hmm... :)
    http://bit.ly/1xaXNRE

This one is even nicer at $47K, a 1995 F355 Spider... looks nice, but it would need to be checked out by a proper mechanic first of course :)
  • DadDad UKMember Posts: 813
    ^ Ferraris are supposed to be red. Period.

BrickDancer

This one is even nicer at $47K, a 1995 F355 Spider... looks nice, but it would need to be checked out by a proper mechanic first of course :)

Now you had to go and tempt me...
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 933
    Milne44 said:

SSD now showing sold out at [email protected] UK.

It will be interesting to see how it performs in the aftermarket.

I always thought it was quite a good set, but the greebling needed a greater variety of elements to add some interest to it. However, it's big and OT, so I'd guess that it will be doing quite well in a couple of years (unless they re-issue the ISD).
    @madforLEGO‌
    Thanks for providing an answer, even though as you say, am likely to get a different answer on these questions from every and each individual you would ask.

Earlier today I spent some time, actually quite a lot of time, reading past pages on this thread, and I came across what you just mentioned as well, the GSP (global shipping programm). I think it was @doriansdad who mentioned it. And how TLG might have a hand in forcing ebay to go along with that, if I got the gist of it correct. Which paradoxically would result in restricting sales to international buyers, due to preventing auctions to be shown in other countries, as Lego items on sale through ebay search-engine 'optimization' filters what items listed for sale will be shown depending on your location, which in conjunction with GSP should prevent parallel-import/export, as a measure to counter people taking advantage of regional price difference. Which btw I think totally sucks! If this is indeed true, even though I hardly ever buy stuff on Ebay, and when I do, it is usually from sellers within the EU, because import taxes can make a big difference and bump up the price significantly. But nonetheless, if I was to sell the odd set via Ebay, and it so happens that someone from a country far away from on some other continent wants to buy it from me, I don't appreciate some company preventing the seller and buyer from doing the deal, and shipping it off to the new owner. How totalitarian! The dude is not amused.

Anyway with regard to that X-wing set, it will be on special offer at a particular shop in The Netherlands for under €40. So I thought why not scoop up one or two extra, open up Ebay or Bricklink account and sell the extra copies now or when it EOLs at or a little under retail price and end up with the one set I want to buy for my self for free or almost for free. That way I am happy, and perhaps some other people too, since that X-wing at [email protected] in NL is €74,99. However in both Belgium and Germany at [email protected] that set is €5 cheaper, yet somehow all the ebay ads that pop-up here on Brickset from mostly German seller sell (though 'offer' it is more appropriate) it for in between €70 and €80, and that does not include shipment/postal fees.

@Farmer_John‌
    to my knowledge a set is and will always be 'new', as opposed to 'second hand' as long as it is in MISB (mint in sealed box) even if the box is not entirely pristine due to some shelf-wear, resulting in some scratches, or a sticker such as a price-tag, regardless of whether or not a particular set has gone EOL, meaning TLG has stopped producing and selling it themselves. With regard to MISB, I suppose some people won't consider a set to be in mint condition when the box is scratched, has price-tags on it, or worse, some clumsy employee at the counter, after asking if it is a present, and when you want it gift-wrapped, does not only remove the price-tag but along with it tears a piece of the glossy finished print on the exterior off the box as well. Maybe I should apply a different term other then MISB, however as long as the set is still in its original packaging, the bricks packaged in their air tight plastic bags, and the instructions hopefully in good order as well, without the seals on the box broken, the box being trampled, or holes in the box, or water damage etc.; the set is 'new' in my book. On German Ebay sites they usually state OVP, which means 'originalverpakkung' (in original packaging).

ps.
    To the resellers here, is Ebay still the preferred venue for selling your surplus sets, or do you also sell via other sites? And how about bricklink? I have not bought anything via Bricklink for quite some time, only bought some extra minifigs and other bricks there a couple of times, but saw some sellers also have new sets on offer there.
    edited October 2014

^Just for clarity's sake, when you say "new sets" are you referring to sets that TLG currently has released or do unopened EOL sets also count as "new sets?" Thanks...

When I mean 'used' sets, I mean used sets (in my case no box, and from the 80's).. That is sets that are far out of package. And by 'new' I mean sealed from factory.
    I'm sure sellers will test eBay by cracking the box open, and leaving the plastic part bags sealed, to say it is 'used' but I'm guessing that will raise other issues, or still count as new.

Anyway with regard to that X-wing set, it will be on special offer at a particular shop in The Netherlands for under €40. So I thought why not scoop up one or two extra, open up Ebay or Bricklink account and sell the extra copies now or when it EOLs at or a little under retail price and end up with the one set I want to buy for my self for free or almost for free. That way I am happy, and perhaps some other people too, since that X-wing at [email protected] in NL is €74,99. However in both Belgium and Germany at [email protected] that set is €5 cheaper, yet somehow all the ebay ads that pop-up here on Brickset from mostly German seller sell (though 'offer' it is more appropriate) it for in between €70 and €80, and that does not include shipment/postal fees.

Yeah, if you get them for an insane price then it may be worth it. Remember that eBay and BL take percentages, when you sell via eBay/paypal you are giving them about 15-20% of the price (at least in the US), BL is 3% I think but paypal will also take about 3%(if in US) , but less of a market in relation to eBay.

Now you had to go and tempt me...
    Don't feel bad, I've been having that thought for awhile now...

That being said, buying such a car is not the same as owning it, and it can get expensive from what I've read...

A new Stingray Corvette would be easier and cheaper to actually own and maintain (in that, it wouldn't really have any MX costs, unlike a 1995 Ferrari), and frankly easier to live with, but it just screams "midlife crisis". Maybe I'm ok with that, but since my wife and I are... well, at that age... it does scream it. :)

I never had a fun car when I was in my 20s, went right to a truck when I was 19 and never looked back. The irony is that my current truck has far more power and would beat most sports cars from my 20s in a 0-60 race, but it just isn't the same thing. :)

For some fun reading...

http://www.edmunds.com/kia/sedona/2007/comparison-test.html

Edmunds bought a 1984 Ferrari 308 GTSi (the car from Magnum, P.I.) and put it into their test fleet to see what owning such a car might involve. They also raced it against a Kia Sedona minivan. Nuts, but fun...
    @LegoFanTexas‌
    I hope for you if you ever decide to buy a car such as that yellow convertible, you're not wearing a toupee.
    Also, unless you inherited your wealth or are a successful football player or DJ earning millions of Euro's each year etc., chances are you can often only afford a car such as a Ferrari when you are a mid-lifer (40+) or beyond that. I hardly ever see young people driving such cars.
    I think this is a really beautiful car; for real as well as its recreation in Lego:
    https://ideas.lego.com/projects/77779
    And if I had the money, or will ever obtain the ample sum needed for such expenditure in the future, to maintain such a classic C3, C2 or a 1960 C1 corvette, or an old Ferrari or some other classic, I could care less if people would think: 'ooh look at him, total midlife crisis!' But then again I am not (yet) a mid-lifer.
    edited October 2014
    @madforLEGO‌
    Thanks again for the info, I had a look around on Bricklink, and Ebay, and came to the conclusion that unless you can stack up a set such as the haunted house, you might have a tough time unloading that X-wing set I mentioned for a fair price (both good for me selling them and interesting for anyone wanting to buy one), and I am not really convinced it is worth all the hustle, although part of me thinks maybe I should just give it a go, open up some seller account to see what will happen with one or two extra sets, even if it means I will only make just a couple of Euro on that extra set (obviously I have not yet made up mind). There is just one more thing, if you want to sell Lego, chances are you won't sell anything if you have just one set on offer. Plus potential customers will also be looking for positive feedback stats.
    Do you sell primarily through Ebay or also via BL?
    I tend to favour bricklink over Ebay, yet the latter draws much more traffic, visitors, and buyers. I wonder which venue is more profitable? Bricklink seems more of an in-crowd Lego enthusiast place, every time I bought some parts/elements there I only had good experiences.
    ^BL has better prices in my experience, but I tend to check eBay first to make sure before making a purchase on BL. That said, I've had as many bad experiences on BL as I have on eBay...usually when purchasing from some here in the USA; not overseas.

I don't think a lot of Lego enthusiasts even know about BL, and are nervous about purchasing from them if they did. It took me awhile to "get into BL," but now I purchase more from them than from eBay.
  • nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    When buying, I like ebay for their generous buyer protection. When selling, BL offers lower fees, so that's a plus. However, a couple of years ago, I over-paid them their commission, and they wouldn't refund me (they said it would act as a credit). I think it was less than $30, and I thought I might sell more with them, so I didn't bother forcing the issue. However, I didn't end up selling anything more there, and I'm still sort of annoyed that they refused to refund my money, however insignificant the amount.

Regarding the Ferrari vs Corvette thing a few posts up: For me, it'd be a new or late model Corvette (most likely a '10 to '13 Grand Sport), no question. Exponentially cheaper and less frequent maintenance than any Ferrari, faster than many Ferrari's, plus great gas mileage for a sports car. I had an '04 with the Z51 package until about two years ago (sold due to baby), and I miss it. As soon as our little guy is old enough to ride with a small (or no) car seat about five years down the road, I will probably be buying a new one (if I can wait that long).
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337

I tend to favour bricklink over Ebay, yet the latter draws much more traffic, visitors, and buyers. I wonder which venue is more profitable?

Amazon gets the most traffic by far. How profitable it will be depends upon your business model of course.

Andor

@LegoFanTexas‌
    I hope for you if you ever decide to buy a car such as that yellow convertible, you're not wearing a toupee.
    Also, unless you inherited your wealth or are a successful football player or DJ earning millions of Euro's each year etc., chances are you can often only afford a car such as a Ferrari when you are a mid-lifer (40+) or beyond that. I hardly ever see young people driving such cars.
    I think this is a really beautiful car; for real as well as its recreation in Lego:
    https://ideas.lego.com/projects/77779
    And if I had the money, or will ever obtain the ample sum needed for such expenditure in the future, to maintain such a classic C3, C2 or a 1960 C1 corvette, or an old Ferrari or some other classic, I could care less if people would think: 'ooh look at him, total midlife crisis!' But then again I am not (yet) a mid-lifer.

:) No, I have a full head of hair, got my Dad's genes there thankfully... He had a thick full head of hair well into his 60's, before he got Cancer (survivor thankfully) and lost most of it due to treatment.

We are mid-lifers now, and I could afford it... but of course I now have the same problem I did in my 20s when I wanted a Mustang... "It isn't practical". :) I also have 3 kids, so I have a million and one things to spend money on them for.

At the end of the day, it is #FirstWorldProblems so I guess I'll go back and play with LEGO some more. :)
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Funny how our priorities and practicalities change as we get older. I always thought I would want something like a Ferrari but it's so impractical with kids and I really get annoyed with maintenance and cost of ownership. I actually found the E63 to be the perfect compromise. But even that just sits in the garage most of the time while I drive my truck. My wife likes to remind me of that every so often too.

I tend to favour bricklink over Ebay, yet the latter draws much more traffic, visitors, and buyers. I wonder which venue is more profitable?

Amazon gets the most traffic by far. How profitable it will be depends upon your business model of course.

But I believe Amazon.com has higher costs associated with selling than eBay or BL.. Pick your poison, but from what has been said in the apst about Amazon, it is a potentially bigger pain to sell on there than eBay.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,787
    I put an order in for a semi-sensible "midlife crisis" car a few weeks ago, with a fair sized redundancy bubble on the cards soon. After a string of VW performance diesels, i've decided "to hell with the mpg" (if only we in the UK has US fuel prices) and ordered a Golf R - a few more smiles per hour and about 1/2 the mpg of my current car.

It's going to be a cheap year next year I think, the next set I buy (apart from the holiday sets) will be Slave I UCS. Thanks to the lacklustre early 2015 wave, I don't think TLG will be getting much of my money for the forseeable.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    edited October 2014
    @monkeyhanger - My mate at work has the new Golf R. It's a completely insane machine. Frightened the hell out of me take me to the Golden Arches a few weeks back! If he sees the year out it will be a bloody miracle. Be careful! ;o)
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,372
    Legoboy said:

@monkeyhanger - My mate at work has the new Golf R. It's a completely insane machine. Frightened the hell out of me take me to the Golden Arches a few weeks back! If he sees the year out it will be a bloody miracle. Be careful! ;o)

If he's eating t McDonald's (and you) I don't see a long life expectancy anyway ;)

GothamConstructionCo
    As far as automobiles are concerned; I'm not feeling the "midlife crisis". I was all about cars when I was younger, now I don't care as much. In fact; this will be our last BMW for at least a while.

You don't need to be a famous superstar to own a Ferrari. The yellow one that @LegoFanTexas‌ posted is less than my current BMW.
    edited October 2014
    Pitfall69 said:

Legoboy said:

If he's eating t McDonald's (and you) I don't see a long life expectancy anyway ;)

No, I did not allow my mate to eat me. ;o)
    Pitfall69BumblepantsMathBuilderGothamConstructionCo
    Legoboy said:

Pitfall69 said:

Legoboy said:

No, I did not allow my mate to eat me. ;o)
    You know what I meant :) If anyone ate you; they definitely would get heartburn...if they didn't choke on you first ;)

Legoboy
    Stop! Stop now.
    Pitfall69
    ^^I'M BLIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am due to get a new vehicle...the last vehicle I bought for myself was 25 years ago and it will be considered an antique next year where I live. It's in great shape, but I'm a bit nervous that I will be left stranded somewhere in the near future. I was considering a convertible of some sort for me and my wife, but I have a feeling I will end up with another pickup truck for the sake of practicality. I wonder if they make convertible pickup trucks?
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    The older Ferrari vs C7 Corvette dilemma has had me torn for a while now as well.. I started pursuing a late model 360 Spider but with the '15 Z06 vert for similar money it's a tough choice. While the purchase price isn't really an obstacle the potential ongoing maintenance costs for the Ferrari has me leaning toward the Z06. Cutting edge technology, a warranty and 650 horses don't hurt either.
    gmpirate said:

Funny how our priorities and practicalities change as we get older. I always thought I would want something like a Ferrari but it's so impractical with kids and I really get annoyed with maintenance and cost of ownership. I actually found the E63 to be the perfect compromise. But even that just sits in the garage most of the time while I drive my truck. My wife likes to remind me of that every so often too.

That is so true... The E63 is nice, but MB is not my cup of tea, just personal taste. I've driven their recent GL and while it is nice, it doesn't stack up to an American full size SUV in most ways. I will give it props in one area... very smooth ride, drives nicer than the big American trucks, but it isn't big enough and it is missing too much for the price.

The other downsize to the E63 is it doesn't scream for attention. Lets be honest, if I buy such a car, one of the reasons is that when I go pickup the kids from school, I become the coolest dad there. And that just doesn't happen in a E63, but it does happen in a new Stingray Corvette (or Ferrari).

The other day, my wife and I were leaving the mall from some shopping and someone passed us driving a yellow Lamborghini Gallardo. He wasn't being crazy, but he did put the hammer down leaving the stop light and that 550hp V10 engine just makes a noise that is all unique... And for some reason, I don't mind that he does it, because in that car, you're SUPPOSED TO DO IT. :)

Nothing worse than someone who owns a 550hp super car and never really puts the pedal down. Go run it and make it live... safely of course, he never got very fast before letting it off.
    TechnicNick
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    My midlife crisis car was/is a Subaru WRX STI. I must say I love the car. For the money you can't do much better and I love the look on the Mustang GT drivers faces as I blow their doors off....priceless. Plus with it being a four door and a hatchback it's actually pretty practical. I can and have fit quite a bunch of LEGO in the back.
    Johnnyfinlandia
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    Happy holidays guys and hope everyone has a great selling year! I won't be posting on this site for a while due to the scabs over at brickpicker sharing all the info which I want to be for this community only.

Anyway rock on, send PMs or whatever as I still love to read the boards. I am sure we will all be downing squishees in 2015 together ;)
    Dougout
  • nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    edited October 2014
    pcirone said:

The older Ferrari vs C7 Corvette dilemma has had me torn for a while now as well.. I started pursuing a late model 360 Spider but with the '15 Z06 vert for similar money it's a tough choice. While the purchase price isn't really an obstacle the potential ongoing maintenance costs for the Ferrari has me leaning toward the Z06. Cutting edge technology, a warranty and 650 horses don't hurt either.

Admittedly, the Corvette probably lacks the level of prestige afforded to someone driving even an older Ferrari. That's not to say the Corvette lacks prestige. I received many, many compliments when I had one (just a stock C5, Spiral Gray Metallic color). To me, the Corvette has 98%+ of the benefits of a Ferrari at a fraction of the price (when you include maintenance costs).

The C7 Z06 is a beast of a car. 0-60 in 2.95 seconds (hard top model, auto). I'd love one down the road, but my significant other might frown upon a $80k-$100k Corvette purchase. I'll probably have to settle for a used C6 GS at less than half that price, but might opt for a C7 with Z51. I'd like a C6 Z06, but want an auto since it will likely be my daily driver. That pretty much leaves the GS. If you can swing it with no difficulty, the C7 Z06 looks awesome!

Happy holidays guys and hope everyone has a great selling year! I won't be posting on this site for a while due to the scabs over at brickpicker sharing all the info which I want to be for this community only.

Anyway rock on, send PMs or whatever as I still love to read the boards. I am sure we will all be downing squishees in 2015 together ;)

Cool, see you back in about a week!
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,787
    Pitfall69 said:

As far as automobiles are concerned; I'm not feeling the "midlife crisis". I was all about cars when I was younger, now I don't care as much. In fact; this will be our last BMW for at least a while.

You don't need to be a famous superstar to own a Ferrari. The yellow one that @LegoFanTexas‌ posted is less than my current BMW.

I've been sensible with the cars my whole driving life, time for something a bit mental (within my means - appreciate it's small potatoes for some here).

Pitfall69 said:

I've been sensible with the cars my whole driving life, time for something a bit mental (within my means - appreciate it's small potatoes for some here).

Get what you like and enjoy buddy :) Life is short. There will always be someone richer or poorer than yourself, but don't let that stop you from enjoying life.
    TechnicNickLegoFanTexasGothamConstructionCo
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    My 2014 Yukon Denali is all the midlife crisis I need!
    Looks like tru, usa is out of the ToO.
    [email protected] has a limit of 2.
    both target and wm show in stock.

Has the limit on this always been 2 at [email protected] Looks like it hasn't really sold very well
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,139
    What is ToO?
    Andor
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,123
    #10237 Tower of Orthanc
  • timinchicagotiminchicago USAMember Posts: 239
    ^ Guessing Tower or Orthanc.
    Yes it is.

Town Hall on amazon. Limit 2
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    edited October 2014
    ^ the ToO? Thanking a guess... Tower of Orthanc?

If my guess is correct I'll take another guess that LEGO didn't make many. Was it popular? I don't know. That may be somewhat moot if the supply was always limited and may cause to shoot up in price when retired. Personally I only got 1 set, none for resell. I prefer more generic sets that have a wider range of buyers. Ones that appeal to all ages, etc. regardless of the buyer's interest in super heroes, sci-fi, fantasy, etc.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,139
    Thanks :) I love that set. I even bought a second one so that I could salvage the parts to help make a hinged fourth wall. ( Haven't opened them yet but looking forward to the Christmas break to try).
    Andor