Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Star Wars 2015 pictures are HERE!

just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247

I'm out right now but tell me what you guys think
CircleKrancorbaitbluemodern

Comments

• korkor Member Posts: 392
    GREAT stuff!!! The Tusken Raider is awesome!
  • bycougarsbycougars Member Posts: 33
    The Battle Droid Carrier was a nice suprise, but its too bad that Lego didn't take the opportunity to make a Boss Nass or Captain Tarpals minifig.
    bobabricks
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,156
    Pity about the sad-troopers, would never buy to mix with my regular storm troopers. I think it's a bit odd that there's a mix of guns in that lot - the battlepacks get the stud firing blasters, and the regular sets get normally proportioned ones. Tusken raider battlepack would be great, or at least including more than one in the T16 - I suspect there will be plenty of multiples bought for the Tuskens alone.
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    All of these Ep 1 sets with battle droids including this year's MTT make me think either LEGO has a huge stock of battle droid parts they are trying to unload or they want to give the battle droids one last push before Ep 7 comes out.

Why would a vulture droid need a battle droid riding on it?

I do like the Tusken Raider battle pack though. I just wish they had left out the T-16 and the other minifigure.
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 551
    edited October 2014
    Should I know why there is a cat with the #75081 T16 Skyhopper?

Oh perhaps it's a Womp rat!
    edited October 2014
    alijoezac said:

Should I know why there is a cat with the #75081 T16 Skyhopper?

It is suppose to be a womp rat. Lego could have done a little better though, they are just getting lazy.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    edited October 2014
    ^ It's a rat or as per the Star Wars Universe a "Womp-rat" which is what Luke used to bullseye when flying his T-16. Referenced in episode IV when talking about how big the Death Star exhaust port was.
  • TresillianTresillian Member Posts: 60
    I am really surprised that you don't get a mandalorian helmet for Sabine in the speeder set, I think that's a real oversight.

I'm not so worried about the storm troopers, they fit in just fine as far as I am concerned
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    Finally!

My thoughts:

#75078 - Very disappointed that they are Stormdroopers, but I will probably buy lot anyway :o)

#75079 - Love those Shadow troopers. Would have preferred stormtroopers instead of the black royal guard dudes.

#75080 - Terrible. Just terrible.

#75081 - Great looking set! NPU on the windscreens. Tusken = must have.

#75082 - Interesting minifigs... New lightsaber hilt? New Tie windscreen as well.

#75083 - Great minifigs, Great vehicle, great set!

#75084 - Meh... The Wookies are nice though...

#75088 - whats the point of this set? :o/

#75089 - The figures are OK, but that walker though...

#75090 - Looks pretty good, but not my thing.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,357
    This looks like a very poor wave to me, though that will not stop me buying them I imagine. The AAT is astonishingly awful, as are most of the Battle Packs. The worst part for me though is the absence of Sabine's helmet, which just seems very lazy.

The Droid Carrier was a surprise and there are an impressive number of Droids included, but at that piece count I would be shocked to see it cost less than £49.99, and at that price i would not buy more than one.

One wonders why LEGO cannot just keep it simple. Four Battle Packs featuring Stormtroopers, Rebels, Clone Troopers and Battle Droids, a couple of sets at around £20 (the Senate Commandos would fit right in here) and then another five or six sets costing above that would be perfect as far as I am concerned.
    aid_77

This looks like a very poor wave to me, though that will not stop me buying them I imagine. The AAT is astonishingly awful, as are most of the Battle Packs. The worst part for me though is the absence of Sabine's helmet, which just seems very lazy.

Couldn't agree more on the helmet - though I would not be surprised if they released it on an SDCC15 exclusive minifig just to annoy us.

I do like the troop transport battle pack a lot, but I suspect it's because it reminds me of the Palitoy version I was given for Christmas in 1979!

• adukaduk Member Posts: 155
    Pretty mediocre - #75083 and #75084 best of a bad bunch.Why doesn't Lego do something more with Star Wars or am I missing the point.
    aduk said:

Pretty mediocre - #75083 and #75084 best of a bad bunch.Why doesn't Lego do something more with Star Wars or am I missing the point.

I am with you. I think Lego has a really poor wave. I am okay with the rebel sets because you know that they are trying to get sales with the kids which will work, as for the OT and PT sets they are just very poor. Lego has no knew OT or PT figures in this wave which is very disappointing. Was hoping for Boss Nass or Captain Tarpals in one of the naboo sets or maybe even a Gungan Kaadu. Instead we get like the 20th version of Jar Jar and another Gungan Warrior. Lego is getting lazy. Not to mention that the AAT looks awful, the one from 2000 looks better and the Battle droid carrier is essentially a larger version from the one a couple years ago.
  • B_HollsB_Holls Member Posts: 41
    Eventhough I haven't seen the Rebels show yet (I'll cave and watch it eventually) I like the AT-DP. I also like the speeders in Ezra's Speeder set but probably won't get it. It think I will just get #75081 Skyhopper, #75083 AT-DP, #75060 UCS Slave 1, #75079 and the Shadow Trooper Pack. Other than those set I feel that the rest of the line this year was kinda lazy. For example see #75080 AAT, if you are going to make a $25 set don't make it a AAT the one released in 2009 is a much better example or even the 1999 one. This is comming from a someone who hates the PT. And for the rest of them I am really with @rancorbait‌ and @CapnRex101‌. Well the rest of the 2015 stuff seems ok though. Hopefully summer 2015 we be better.
    The best thing I can say about this winter wave is that at least it will save me money, because only three of these sets are worth buying. Probably 75078 (only for stormtroopers), 75084( only because of wookies) & 75086 (only because it is a good battle droid army builder). So in other words the only reason any of these sets are worth buying is because they are army builders. All of the sets themselves are actually terrible.
    Nothing there I want at all, except the T16 set, and the UCS Slave I.
    Lobot
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 1,021
    Meh, I'm totally underwhelmed by this wave....

Perhaps that's why TLG decided to delay the Slave 1 so that we'd have something to look forward to next spring! And whilst I'm in a critical mood, did anyone in TLG bother to watch Episode IV, or even do a Google search, before they 'designed' the Womp rat...it should be bigger than Luke!!
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,435
    Contrary to a lot of pessimism I see here, I actually like all the SW Rebels sets as well as the Original Trilogy sets, but that is probably because I have very few SW Lego, and I only recently caught the SW virus again after an absence of well over a decade. Told my self for years I would not never, ever buy a SW Lego set, but resistance is futile! I just bought the Phantom and the Ghost, as well as the AT-AT, and Star-Destroyer, which are all really great sets of themselves regardless whether or not you are heavily into SW or not at all. At least that is my opinion. I just also watched the first episode of Rebels, and to my surprise (I don't consider myself to be a huge Disney fan; I suppose it has something to do with the animation style of the last couple of decades, and the way they draw faces at Disney) I really enjoyed what I saw. It is obvious the animators studied Ralph McQuarrie conceptual art for the OT. I really love what they have done at Disney with Star Wars Rebels.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_McQuarrie
    To me the little speederbike set look like a gem, despite Sabine not wearing the Mandalorion bounty hunter helmet, though I thought her outfit featured more magenta as well as other spray-can graffiti artist bright colours?! I think they should have given her a black ABS torso, since she is wearing a black body glove like the stormtroopers underneath their white armour pieces, and accentuated her mandalorian armour and female hour-glass figure with brighter prints. The speederbikes look nice.
    My first Lego stormtrooper came with #75053 : The Ghost, so the Troop Transport with four additional troopers is a welcome set to get a few more of these excellent minifigs, the only thing I personally don't get is why do all SW sets come with so few blasters, and why can't TLG include four regular blasters in all battle-packs next to those ugly stud-popper guns which will probably appeal to many kids, but I as an AFOL don't care for at all.
    The Sky-Hopper T16, and Prototype TIE fighter seem really nice. Nope! Not bad at all!
    2015 will be filled lots of Lego to choose from.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,543
    edited October 2014
    I haven't spent long enough checking the images to decide what i'll buy (if anything) or form any fixed opinion, but my initial thoughts after that quick vid-watch probably echo a few comments already made.

Mainly, the more i see the stormdroopers (hah! :oP @rancorbait), the more i dislike their 'comedy-moustache' helmets (i really hoped it would grow on me - helmet design, i mean, not a comedy moustache - but it just hasn't). Yet it doesn't bother me in the slightest when seen on the animated show, but on the figs... euurgh. Not destined for my collection, sadly. A shame, as i would've bought some stormy battlepacks.

The other thought i had was something of a mixed feeling regarding the Sand Person. My initial (and overriding) response: 'Wow, what amazing detail...'. But following it came: "...on the head, does it look a bit 'stuck on''.

I'm torn on the detailed heads. Loving the detail (of course), but sometimes feeling they risk looking a little too much like an action figure's head plopped onto a lego body. In general i like the lego 'charm' to come through more than needing any perfect replication (it doesn't have to be a lego brick, but just some of the unique lego-ified humour). Hopefully, up close, it'll have plenty of lego charm, and that moments pang will be unfounded.

Anyway, regardless of that (very minor) misgiving, i'll definitely be adding the sand person to my collection either way, though i do wish they'd included more than one. They walk in single file to hide their numbers... not in singles! :o)

(Actually, I would've preferred if they'd got a battlepack with bantha, but hey ho, at least we got a Sandy in a more affordable box, unlike the jawa).

Hmm... Maybe if i shake the box to scare him, he'll be back later... and in greater numbers. ;oP
    bobabrickszipsforbananas
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    The only two I like are the Tie advanced prototype and the T-16 Skyhopper, I like how they did the windshield on it.
    @rancorbait & @legomatt‌
    You have a valid point with regard to the stormtrooper helmet. As I wrote in my previous post, I only have 1 stromtrooper (the new one), but I just compared it to the older ones from 2012, and the new ones actually aren't more accurate then the old ones. I like the leg printing, which many of the old ones do not have; see this set for instance: brickset.com/sets/9489-1/Endor-Rebel-Trooper-Imperial-Trooper-Battle-Pack but then again is present here: brickset.com/sets/9490-1/Droid-Escape yet the vent on the front (nose) of the helmet of the old helmet was more accurate. The new nose vent looks like a Chinese droopy Kung-Fu noodle moustache, which does not even follow the indentation of the helmet mould. It seems the helmet has not been remoulded. I suppose if you already have stromtroopers the discontinuation with the new helmet print must be really annoying. I know it would probably bug the hell out of me if I already had a bunch of older stormtroopers. Also I wonder why they decided to add blue markings on the side of the helmet? The visor / eyes of the old helmet not being attached to the black horizontal stripe is also more accurate. I think that appart from the mouth printing the old helmet print was actually better. I don't think the new stormie has lost its comical cartoony Lego charm, yet they could have just stuck with previous helmet print imo.
    bobabricks
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,701
    My favorites:
    -Microfighters, Vulture Droid
    -Microfighters, Snowspeeder
    -Microfighters, AT-AT
    -AT-DP
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,649
    If LEGO can make money 'phoning' it in when it comes to designs, charge more, and get away with it they will continue to do so.
    Hopefully the movie lines will be better, but doubting it lately with the way LEGO designers have been.
  • B0SSKB0SSK In the PubMember Posts: 175
    edited October 2014
    Very poor IMHO. I will only buy the T16 and the microfighters snowspeeder. Not impressed ! :(
    ...Oh and the UCS slave 1 with 40% discount as my mate works for lego :) !!!!
  • LegoRoccoLegoRocco Member Posts: 100
    I'll get the T16 and Slave 1, maybe the TIE advanced. Disappointed with this bunch
    A May 4th new UCS looking unlikely with a delayed Slave I?
  • LegoRoccoLegoRocco Member Posts: 100

My guess is that the Tumbler screwed it up.
  • epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    T-16 and nothing else. Awful lineup :(
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,701
    Like many people have said the LEGO Star Wars January 2015 sets are underwhelming and are minifigure heavy as I have stated before. I have faith in LEGO that they are going to saving the best and are going to spark the shelves in late 2015 with Episode 7 models. LEGO Designers in the Star Wars team are probably tired of doing the same models every time and the new movies should be a new and fresh start.

Maybe we will get a Episode 7 UCS set that will make up for it :)

A remodeled UCS Millennium Falcon based on Episode 7 with 6000+ would be great news.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,099
    My guess is that they release the sub-par sets for early 2015 and save the best for the second half. If you look at the 2014 you'll see a similar pattern. The summer/fall 2014 lineup is great with most of the sets being desirable.
  • pixiepixie Member Posts: 19
    did you see the pictures of the set of the film?
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 855
    Totally digging the microfighters
    @TheBigLegoski

I don't think they're replacing classic stormtrooper helmets with the droopy print. The different helmet prints are attached to different ranges. The 'droopy' look has been introduced just to tie-in with the Rebels cartoon series, as it's how they're being animated. So it's just a bit disappointing (for an OT film fan, though understandable and expected) that the Rebels release have got the stormy battlepack. Just means OT/Film fans will have to continue picking up the occasional stormy wherever they appear (usually with a minor variation each time).
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    Some are not that great some are ok in my opinion. I just have to remember that a whole new series of stuff will be coming out with the new movie next year. I have faith in that.
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    epyon396 said:

T-16 and nothing else. Awful lineup :(

I highly agree. Nothing really stands out at all. Thankfully the DC Superheroes lineup for Winter 2015 is amazing, so I'll have something to buy.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,479
    I don't really see the point of the droid carrier, so soon after the Battle of Naboo set. Is it really much bigger? I can only count 8 droids on board (plus pilots).
  • emmtwosixemmtwosix Member Posts: 80
    edited October 2014
    ^I believe there are 12, plus 2 pilots, and a "New" Gungan of some sort. Still seems rather soon to be reissuing that set, but I guess it will go well with the new MTT & AAT.
    When are they gonna produce another Darth vader tie fighter, yoda's dagobah hut, cloud city, vaders chamber where he takes his lid off etc etc?
    B0SSK said:

When are they gonna produce another Darth vader tie fighter, yoda's dagobah hut, cloud city, vaders chamber where he takes his lid off etc etc?

Well strictly speaking the Tie-Advanced is Vaders ship, so your wish is their command. That it doesn't come with Vader perhaps isn't all that surprising as it's the feature baddie ship in the new animated series (one would assume there will be an episode where it is gifted to his Darthness)

• binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,790
    The new set based on

Well strictly speaking the Tie-Advanced is Vaders ship, so your wish is their command. That it doesn't come with Vader perhaps isn't all that surprising as it's the feature baddie ship in the new animated series (one would assume there will be an episode where it is gifted to his Darthness)

The ship from Rebels is not the same as Vader's. It's not obvious in the LEGO model, but the Inquisitor's TIE has relatively short, curved "wings" with solar panels only on the inside. Vader's TIE has elongated, angled "wings" with solar panels on the inside and outside.

Of course the confusion stems from the naming. "TIE Advanced Prototype" vs. "TIE Advanced", which itself was a prototype for the interceptor and bomber. I don't know if the Inquisitor's ship is intended to be a prototype of Vader's ship or something else.
  • zipsforbananaszipsforbananas WalesMember Posts: 250

Contrary to a lot of pessimism I see here, I actually like all the SW Rebels sets as well as the Original Trilogy sets.

Sorry, I'm a bit late with this question, but what Original Trilogy sets are you referring to? I can only see half a one (the T-16) and two little chibi playthings.
    There's a proper ship that's not really in the films, two ships that are but aren't proper, three minifigures plus another one, and a rat that's missing its womp. I'd say that maybe just about adds up to one full set all put together. ;)

(Sorry, that's not really meant to be a jibe at you, it's a jab at TLG for completely ignoring anything from actual Star Wars that I though would look neat wrapped up in a playful jibe!)
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,411
    Not that this adds much to the overall conversation, but I think 2014 is the last time we will see major OT waves of sets, I suspect we will now be limited to the odd set and some UCS. Not that I mind, there really isn't much left for lego to make from the OT, yes a few updates wouldn't go amiss, but hey.

With so many new films and a cartoon to support I think this is where all the promotional tie ins will go, Lego is a kids toy and Rebels and EP7 is where it is at for the kids of today (man, I sound old), again not that I mind or see that as bad.

Personally I like the Rebels sets, nice OT vibe to them but still unique to their own part of the story. The T16 is ok, nice Tusken Raider, the Prequils sets miss the mark for me but again not my era, so to speak.

The micro fighters are fun and great little sets for kids, overall not a bad lineup.
    edited October 2014

...a rat that's missing its womp.

Wasn't that by Dr Seuss? :oP
    graphitezipsforbananasPitfall69
    @zipsforbananas‌
    For starters, though not includes in this youtube clip: #7506-1 UCS Slave I. Though I would not have minded a Lobot, and an extra stormtrooper, as well as an extra Bespin guard. Nonetheless this is a beautiful OT 2015 set.

The 2015 microfighters, you either love them or hate them. But most are instantly recognizable for anyone who has a fond memory of the two SW trilogies. I don't know if I will buy them, but the Snowspeeder; the Vulture Droid are nicely done. The AT-AT should have been designed with longer legs with knee joints as well, changes are that I will buy that one despite its misgivings, as I have just bought the AT-AT #75054-1 , and I think it is funny to have the micro-version of that vehicle as well. Plus the AT-AT is piloted in the film by two drivers, so an extra driver is a welcome addition. I have not build it yet, but after I have built it, I will download the instructions of previous versions for a little comparative study, and who knows perhaps I will modify my AT-AT.

I like #75079-1 Shadow Troopers, simply because of the minifigs. This is a nice expanded universe set. I suppose it all depends whether you are a purist or not, or only collect OT sets, since they are not from any of the six SW films made by George Lucas.

#75081-1 T-16 Skyhopper , a small OT set of 247 pieces, with two nice minifigs. What is not to like about it?! OK maybe that (womb) rat? But if those animals are 2 to 3 meters long (with or without their tale?) TLG might as well have included a Warg from LOTR. For me the rat is no issue.

#75082-1 TIE Advanced Prototype , a small medium sized Rebels set with 355 pieces, and three wicked minifigs. I am very curious about this set. It should not be too difficult to MOC Darth Vader's Tie Advanced Fighter, using this set as starter kit.

#75083-1 AT-DP If I remember correct from one or a several sketches and drawings included in one of my many Star Wars Conceptual Art books, containing many designs amongst others by Ralph McQuarrie, this walker is one the various designs made for episode V by Joe Johnston. I like this set a lot as well as the minifigs.

It is too bad that the stormtroopers in #75078-1 Imperial Troop Transport have the droopy helmet print. Btw @legomatt you are right, I think, and hope. I just checked the box-art of my Imperial Star Destroyer (which I have not build yet either; bought it last week on special offer for €96, not bad I think), and those stormtroopers have not only different faceprints, but also different leg and torso print. I wish the troopers in the Rebels sets would have been the same ones, still I don't think that set and those troopers look all that terrible. It is a bit odd though that they did what they did, as if Lego minifigs don't look cartoony enough. At least I am glad the SW Rebel minifigs don't have these disfigured CloneWars faces, those minifig faces are so hideous.

If you like battle droids, well then you will have some nice sets to choose from too! I don't care for all of them, also these are all small and medium sized sets, I am sure more, bigger, and more imposing sets will follow in the second half of 2015. I suppose my positive view on these sets is also determined by the fact that I am no hardcore SW Lego collector, and don't have expectations as high as some SW Lego collectors of whom some seem to have a bucket list of SW sets they want Lego to produce and, or want to see a reproduced improved version of.

As I said before I don't have that much SW Lego, and do not feel compelled to go and try collect everything ever released by Lego anyway, nor do I feel disappointed by previous versions of e.g. the AT-AT or other vehicles, which I am not as familiar with as die-hard Lego SW collectors, who perhaps are more demanding in what they are looking for in a SW Lego set, especially when it concerns a particular model spacecraft/vehicle such as the latest AT-AT of which TLG I believe have now produced throughout all these years four or five versions. For instance The Ghost #75053-1 , I saw that ship, and it appealed to me immediately, I did not know anything about the cartoon TV-series etc. Now I have recently bought it, and it in my opinion is a really nice ship. However it is not completely accurate to how it looks in the cartoon, for one because of its size in Lego, but it comes close. Yet it does not bother me with this model, though I can imagine it may annoy other fans tremendously.

Anyway happy collecting everyone!
    edited October 2014

...that (womb) rat?

Wasn't that by H R Giger? ;oP
    binaryeye
    Dooh! Bloody p's & b's
    And his name is Lemmiwinks, conceived by Matt and Tray ;)
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=0sbD6czlVNU
    No! They didn't allow Giger to join in all that bulls-eyeing, poor soul. May he rest in piece.
    Shiblegomatt
    ...the UCS Slave I...
    *ahem*
    Yes, that is a pretty big set for the OT fans, I'm a bit embarrassed to have forgotten all about it!
    Though saying that, the designer video is out already, it might still be a 2014 set. ;)

I think @monkey_roo‌ has got it right, with the Ewok Village, Sandcrawler and Slave I TLG does seem to be taking it's older OT fans very seriously, and with Rebels and the new films we could well see OT system scale/sub-£100 sets dry up.
    If it goes that way it'll be interesting to see reactions. It seems to me that's not far off what a lot of fans sick of repeats have been asking for!

And taking out the woefully blue TIE fighters, the only OT ships of any note that haven't been released in a decent form are the TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber and Cloud Car. It's hard to see how the TIE ships would be done in that new climate, perhaps a TIE collection all using the great new 6x6 shallow dome pieces with clips in the TIE Advanced Prototype. But scene wise it's hardly a secret that a new Cloud City is needed and maybe on the way.
    If that were to come out with a Cloud Car next year or the year after could we consider the Original Trilogy complete?
    Hmm, perhaps Lego could start a new theme: Dave.
    It would be perfect for re-releasing old sets, maybe eventually creating some new ones in the old styles, and would be an ideal home for the rumoured Top Gear sets!
    Shpadoinkle

Hmm, perhaps Lego could start a new theme: Dave.

Would it be Good(ish)?
    ;o)
    zipsforbananas