Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Walmart Clearance

13»

Comments

• scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 735
    Stopped by 2 WM today (in Iowa) and both had Series 12 minifigures out for $3.97ea.
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 800
    I think the nearest walmart was getting ready to do the next round of clearance pricing sometime later this week.
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    Just got back from the Islandia, Long Island location and picked up 2 x 70725 for $29.97 each.
  • iplanteiplante USMember Posts: 164
    I stopped at Walmart tonight, and didn't see anything good. No S12 minifigs, no polybags.

In the clearance sections, I did see the following:
    10665: Spider-Man: Spider-Car Pursuit (two marked at $5.50, and the rest at $10.00)
    75041: Vulture Droid ($20.00)
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Picked up 4x #60013 Coast Guard Helicopter tonight at Wally World for $19 ea
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    ^ Saw a couple #60020 for $19 as well at one of my stores. They actually had quite a bit on clearance but none of the prices were good enough for me to want to pick anything up. Will probably check back in a week or two and talk to someone about knocking more off if I take everything.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    The only thing the Wal-Mart closest to me has on "clearance" is a stack of four Olivia's Houses priced at $79.99.
    Got a Sail Barge this morning for $49. Happy with that.
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    Ok, I've decided that New Jersey is just the worst. My Walmart had not a single set on clearance, despite several badly battered boxes, and no S12 Collectible Minifigures. Additionally, I've never been able to find clearance Lego at Target, Toys R Us or any other major retailer. Does anyone know if location has a significant effect on how stores will manage clearance/early releases/etc.? Do I just live in he wrong state?
    All the clearance sets in Jersey, "fell off the truck", if you know what I mean ;)
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    Man, this has been a crummy few weeks for not being able to get out to a Walmart. Hopefully I'll get by one or two tomorrow and check out what's there.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,912
    Just found a few #31009 Small Cottages for $10 each at a Dallas area Walmart. Slowly but surely filling up the Fairy Bricks basket.
    chuckp
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    All I have found at our WM this year is higher prices on just about everything. So much for low, discount prices. They are history. I prefer Target anyway.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,118

Just found a few #31009 Small Cottages for $10 each at a Dallas area Walmart. Slowly but surely filling up the Fairy Bricks basket.

Its stuff like this that makes me want to go to a WM, but I just have to keep telling myself that in my area all those deals are likely gone because I know there are AFOLs/resellers around here that clean out the local WMs
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,912
    ^Probably the only reason they were left at this store was the shelf still said $19
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    edited September 2014
    I know this is the Wal-Mart thread but I don't want to make nanother thread.Kmart is having their clearance sale aswell. Everything in clearance is an additional 40% off until 10/5/14 then it goes to 50%. I found this at two different stores.
  • NatebwNatebw Tampa BayMember Posts: 339
    @Thanos75‌ I stopped by a Kmart and saw lots on clearance but no lego. Very confusing how they had it set up. Did get lots of supplies for my son's 5th birthday Star Wars party. :-)
    It's weird but the only sets I have been finding marked clearance at Kmart are Friends sets. I have seen some Olivias House sets for $42 and the Dolphin Cruiser for $39. Not super great but not bad.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    edited September 2014
    Dolphin cruiser for $39 is actually pretty much super great. Even Olivia's house at $42 is a good price. I would buy everyone I saw at $39 each (Cruiser that is).
  • NatebwNatebw Tampa BayMember Posts: 339
    Yeah, that is great for a cruiser.
    My local WM are still sitting on a bunch of sets. My closest one had quite a bit...but won't budge on prices.

#60022 City Cargo Terminal $74
    2 #9450 Ninjago Epic Dragon Battle $99
    3 #31019 Forest Animals $15
    6 #79011 Dol Guldur Ambush $15
    8 #79013 Lake-Town Chase $40
    4 #79104 TMNT Shellraiser Street Race $40
    2 #70006 Chima Cragger's Command Ship $49
    4 #70009 Chima Worriz's Combat Lair
    2 #76003 Super Heroes Superman:Battle of Smallville $45
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,922
    ^Unless parting out, I would skip all those sets at those prices.
    madforLEGO
  • MilcheaxMilcheax Member Posts: 52

Ok, I've decided that New Jersey is just the worst.... Do I just live in he wrong state?

I'm in southern NJ and have the same problems.
    What's sad is these few WMs have 2-3 long aisles of clearance toys just sitting there for months and they keep paying employees to move them around the store to make room for Halloween/Christmas items and re-pricing them. Seems like they'd save some money by just clearancing them at 40-50% and be done. The one WM near me has moved their toy clearance 5 times already. They first started on end-caps in the toy dept. and then moved to the front of the store in seasonal, then had to move because of Halloween, then to outdoor area but now Christmas stuff is out, now it's moved again back to the toy dept. in 2 aisles.
    minicoopers11adol7TXLegoguy
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    Milcheax said:

Ok, I've decided that New Jersey is just the worst.... Do I just live in he wrong state?

I'm in southern NJ and have the same problems.
    I knew it wasn't just me! Is it something to do with population? Maybe with more people, they don't have to drop prices to sell things. And when they do lower prices, it's something ridiculous. For example, I did see a Metalbeard set in Walmart marked $34.99 (MSRP) as a "clearance" price.
  • BlueMoonUSABlueMoonUSA Member Posts: 116
    Scored a lone dolphin cruiser for $25 today. Wal-Mart app price was bang on again.
    With all the clearance hunting I do I have never tried the Wal-Mart app trick...how does that work?
  • BlueMoonUSABlueMoonUSA Member Posts: 116
    Basically just search for a set...check store availability....then more stores...it will then list which stores near to your location have that set in stock, and what the price is in that store. Stock availability is sometimes inaccurate, but the price is always (or has been for me) exactly right.
    Thanos75
  • jlbbluejlbblue Member Posts: 54
    #79002 at my store for $17.50. Clearance section marked down an extra 50%, but not much on it.
    I don't know if anyone else checks...but WM has put a clearance on the Lego Marvel Super Heroes games for $19.99. A decent price for the game, but some WM still have the Iron Patriot versions sitting on the shelves. I found a WM that had 2 WiiU and 4 PS3.
    BuriedinBricks