Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Massive Catalog Leak

So, apparently there has been a massive Lego catalog leak, with 121 models for 2015 revealed.

I can post the link if folks are interested, but I don't know the ethics concerned for these forums. Its on major news sites, so I think the cat is out of the bag...

Comments

• ArtfulDodgerArtfulDodger Member Posts: 105
    edited September 2014
    I'm going to go ahead and post the *LINK DELETED* to the images. The link is up on Gizmodo now, so I think the cat is way out of the bag, and on its way to Kitty Town.

Looks like some interesting stuff, and maybe even spoilers for the upcoming Star Wars Episode VII. I have no idea what to make of the Elves line though.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,572
    "Do not post links to, or attach to comments, images that bear a 'Confidential' watermark."

(http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/34/forum-rules-and-code-of-conduct-v1-3-april-2012#latest )

Always worth reading the forum code of conduct before posting if you're not sure whether you should or not....
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,524
    These were posted around a week ago, most people have seen the next lot of releases now so they may as well just give us better pictures.

They are not quite apple yet when it comes to making hype and keeping secrets.
    I've flagged this thread to be deleted. My apologies for my mistake.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,390
    I saw most of them, but hadn't noticed the Friends ballooning one - with Andrea and Name.

Blimey, they are preliminary if they haven't come up with a name for the boy yet.
    andhe
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,770

Looks like some interesting stuff, and maybe even spoilers for the upcoming Star Wars Episode VII.

Nope, nothing for Episode VII. I imagine those sets will be under tighter wraps than usual and there won't be any preliminary images in retailer catalogs. Because, really, retailers won't need to see images of the sets to know whether or not they'll sell.
    binaryeye said:

Looks like some interesting stuff, and maybe even spoilers for the upcoming Star Wars Episode VII.

Nope, nothing for Episode VII. I imagine those sets will be under tighter wraps than usual and there won't be any preliminary images in retailer catalogs. Because, really, retailers won't need to see images of the sets to know whether or not they'll sell.
    I thought the "Shadow Troopers", "T-16 Skyhopper", and maybe the "TIE Advanced Prototype" were potential Episode VII models, as they didn't have the "Rebels" tag and I didn't recognize them from any of the movies/Clone Wars/Old Republic game.
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,382
    edited September 2014
    ^You need to watch Star Wars: A New Hope (1977) to learn about how to bulls-eye womp rats in a T-16 ;)
    Renegade007cjhT_LarsOldfanyys4ukrklint
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    But the big question is - Can a regular "Skyhopper Pilot" even bulls eye a womp rat? Trench run says NO!
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    @ArtfulDodger Shadow troopers contains figs all found in "The Force Unleashed" along with a couple other EU sources. the TIE Adv Proto, contains the Inquisitor from the new rebels line, and its guessed that the prelim box art just missed the rebels tag.
    Ok, I looked up the T-16 Skyhopper on Wookiepedia, and it appears like a legit ship from Star Wars: A New Hope :-p. And apparently the minifig from it is legit as well (Biggs Darklighter).

And the "Tie Advanced Prototype" is from A New Hope as well, it being Darth Vader's ship.

I did some more research, and it looks like "Shadow Troopers" are from the Force Unleashed, and may be part of Rebels. I'm going to guess that the cloaked, masked figures are Jedi on the run.

So, no Episode VII spoilers after all :(
    the cloaked figures are Shadow Guards, Force sensitive versions of the Royal Guards.
    Oops, that figure in the T-16 is not necessarily Biggs. I thought it was "Skyhopper Biggs", but "Skyhopper Pilot" makes more sense.

They need to come out with a Chiss figure, and a Grand Admiral minifig. Then folks can combine them to make a Thrawn minifig.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,564
    I do like many of the city sets, especially the building demolition set and the snow plow (which looks more like a legitimate snow plow) The bulldozer is nice and more minifig scale than the last one that was humongous, but still looks a bit junior-ized IMO. The port-a-potty carrier is just hilarious.
    I'm sure people will complain that there is too much construction now as well, but IMO you can never have enough construction.
    The police/rangers are back, apparently patrolling the Everglades now.

As for Pirates it just seems like LEGO is not trying that hard for those, very small and unimaginative IMO (yes, even though they are not 'finished' sets in the promo pics), and the ship looks like a pirate ship ambush ship but with more of the traditional pirate sails, which from what people have gathered from their promo pirate shot eariler this year, are red/white sails again.
    If this is true, again it just seems like LEGO is getting a pirate line out there to get one out there and not really building what could be a great line, heck they only need to look a the PoTC line to see what they could do. Maybe there was a lack of success for the PoTC line and that is causing them to be gun-shy about this line.
    I hope I am wrong and the promo pics are just underwhelming and these will be much better, but not holding my breath.

The one silver lining, at least reportedly, is that the price for the pirate sets will be cheaper, as the ship is reportedly supposed to be about 80 for the ship (my guess is that will be 99.99 USD before release though), but again it just seems like something is missing with those.
    SW, more of the same, sillier sets, for the TV show, and I'm sure charging WAY more than they should for what appear to be many tiny sets.
    I will wait until the movie sets come out.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 674

And the "Tie Advanced Prototype" is from A New Hope as well, it being Darth Vader's ship.

The TIE Advanced is Vader's ship. This prototype is supposedly the Inquisitor's ship in Rebels.

• ChrisbstmChrisbstm USAMember Posts: 151
    I. Super excited for the second wave of Ultra Agents
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^^Think the T-16 might be from Rebels too instead of OT? That would mean a complete omission of OT from this first '15 wave. If so, I have mixed feelings on that.

I do like many of the city sets, especially the building demolition set and the snow plow (which looks more like a legitimate snow plow) The bulldozer is nice and more minifig scale than the last one that was humongous, but still looks a bit junior-ized IMO. The port-a-potty carrier is just hilarious.
    I'm sure people will complain that there is too much construction now as well, but IMO you can never have enough construction.
    The police/rangers are back, apparently patrolling the Everglades now.

As for Pirates it just seems like LEGO is not trying that hard for those, very small and unimaginative IMO (yes, even though they are not 'finished' sets in the promo pics), and the ship looks like a pirate ship ambush ship but with more of the traditional pirate sails, which from what people have gathered from their promo pirate shot eariler this year, are red/white sails again.
    If this is true, again it just seems like LEGO is getting a pirate line out there to get one out there and not really building what could be a great line, heck they only need to look a the PoTC line to see what they could do. Maybe there was a lack of success for the PoTC line and that is causing them to be gun-shy about this line.
    I hope I am wrong and the promo pics are just underwhelming and these will be much better, but not holding my breath.

The one silver lining, at least reportedly, is that the price for the pirate sets will be cheaper, as the ship is reportedly supposed to be about 80 for the ship (my guess is that will be 99.99 USD before release though), but again it just seems like something is missing with those.
    SW, more of the same, sillier sets, for the TV show, and I'm sure charging WAY more than they should for what appear to be many tiny sets.
    I will wait until the movie sets come out.

I imagine we'll be getting some Mr. Plow MOCs using the snow plow. The port-a-potty is probably a day one purchase for me. We've got the Lego Movie plumber van assembled such that we have the port-a-potty set up, and it is my 4-year-old son's number one go-to play item. I like the Everglades setting, mainly because I'm from Florida. The Pirates set does look very lackluster in comparison to the Pirate sets I had back in the early 90's. The Pirate ship, aside from some different coloring, looks a lot like my old Carribean Clipper. IMHO, the Star Wars stuff in the 2015 catalog looks better than the current batch of Star Wars sets currently for sale. I like the new minifighters, which are popular in my household, as they are just the right size for my son to be able to "fly" them around the house with me in close pursuit.
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 752
    I like the thought of a Stormtrooper battle pack (imperial troop transport, how that takes me back) but the Stormtroopers in the pic have different printing than any I have seen before. So I fear that they are odd "cartoon" troopers.
  • NatebwNatebw Tampa BayMember Posts: 339
    OMG my daughter is going to go nuts for those Elves.
    @donutboy‌ the prelim pics are exactly that, prelims, however the ITT is a rebels set, and contains no new figs, the ones in the pic are just stand ins till they decide which print to use. with the Rebels tag on it, they will likely be the same ones as from the Ghost set.
    donutboy
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 752
    If they are the same ones from the Ghost set then, I think, my fears will be realised. That's some super sad trooper. :(
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,356
    @GIR3691‌ - I was always under the impression that Vader's TIE was at the cutting edge of technology, so the idea of it appearing in Rebels is concerning. I am fine with almost anything in Star Wars TV shows but directly contradicting the films (particularly the OT) does not sit right with me at all.

I never quite understood why LEGO do not release some more generic Battle Packs. If those Stormtroopers were based on the films I would buy as many as I could afford. The same would be true of live action film Clones, Rebels and even Droid! I imagine I would not be alone in that feeling.

On the other hand, Geonosis Troopers do not fill me with excitement, particularly since they are not even based on the Clone Wars.
    The Senate Commander Troopers threw me for a loop, as I never recalled blue helmeted-clones. Maybe them, and the Geonosis troopers, are also part of Rebels?

But...I might get at least one of them for the multi-stud shooter. Its for my 4-year old, I swear!
    a while back when these images first slipped out a member at Eurobricks mentioned that the Senate Troopers pack had been canceled. his info historically is reliable, but only time will tell for certain.
  • CHERUBboyCHERUBboy Member Posts: 98
    Star Wars, Ninjago, Superheros and Chima all very predictable. If I was running Lego, I'd fire a few designers before they get too complacent.

Kids will love the city truck with the guy on a portaloo! Unusual shot of humor.

The one really intersting thing is the 'Power Brick,' with the Ultra Agents sets. Does anyone know what these are?
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 878

We've got the Lego Movie plumber van assembled such that we have the port-a-potty set up, and it is my 4-year-old son's number one go-to play item.

Thankfully it's not his "number two" play item.
    Rainstorm26legomason
  • khopewosinkhopewosin Member Posts: 101
    Is it just me or are there some DC/Marvel crossovers?
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,272
    CHERUBboy said:

If I was running Lego, I'd fire a few designers before they get too complacent.

I doubt it is the designers making the decisions. The designers probably don't have free reign on what to design or even complete control over how to design it. If they did I would suspect we'd have a lot more cool sets since those are the ones the designers most enjoy desiging.

Typically in this case when things do poorly managers think its the designers and fire them for new designers that end up having to do the same things the other designers did because they're dealing with the same B.S. from the same B.S. managers.

Just like all facets of engineering.

badgersandwich

Is it just me or are there some DC/Marvel crossovers?

They use other figures as stand-ins. I am looking forward to getting a Gorilla Grodd, and the other big-fig should be Darkseid. Though I kind of wish it was a giant Solomon Grundy.

@GIR3691‌ - I was always under the impression that Vader's TIE was at the cutting edge of technology, so the idea of it appearing in Rebels is concerning.

This is the main thing I dislike about everything that has come after the OT. It seems the design of almost everything has to be in some stage of evolution toward or away from what appeared in the OT. I understand the reason (to create continuity), but it feels contrived and unrealistic.

For example, the evolution of the Clone Trooper helmet to the Stormtrooper helmet. The Phase II helmet is essentially a mid-point between the Phase I helmet and the Stormtrooper helmet. Yet it's commonplace a mere three years after the Phase I helmet, while it takes another nineteen years to evolve to the Stormtrooper helmet.
    binaryeye said:

@GIR3691‌ - I was always under the impression that Vader's TIE was at the cutting edge of technology, so the idea of it appearing in Rebels is concerning.

This is the main thing I dislike about everything that has come after the OT. It seems the design of almost everything has to be in some stage of evolution toward or away from what appeared in the OT. I understand the reason (to create continuity), but it feels contrived and unrealistic.

For example, the evolution of the Clone Trooper helmet to the Stormtrooper helmet. The Phase II helmet is essentially a mid-point between the Phase I helmet and the Stormtrooper helmet. Yet it's commonplace a mere three years after the Phase I helmet, while it takes another nineteen years to evolve to the Stormtrooper helmet.
    Do you know that the designs for the Stormtrooper helmets in Ep. 7 have been released?
    Probably better to say they've been leaked, but yes, I've seen them.
  • thehornedratthehornedrat Member Posts: 87
    edited September 2014
    Pfft, easy 5 second search on google. But Lego often politely will ask websites to remove images labelled 'classified' as they are not indicative of finalised products (see Champas' TechnicBricks for example, where he showed that they removed the ipad app picture from the H2 images). And these piccies are computer graphics mockups in any case. Lego don't want to be accused of removing play features - face lawsuits.
    But all in all, good to have such early leaks, I can budget accordingly!

Wow BatMech. Coolest. Mech. Ever.
  • SimesHimselfSimesHimself Member Posts: 27
    binaryeye said:

I believe the Episode VII sets are released next October.
    madforLEGO
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,564
    Yeah, guessing this is the catalog for sets coming out in the first half of the year, so more are likely on their way later in the year. Sets based on licenses can sometimes give away what is going to occur in the movie, so usually they try to time them close to the release of the movie.
  • B0SSKB0SSK In the PubMember Posts: 175
    Saw sweet new technic sets for petrolheads like me !!! Roll on 2015 YES !!!
  • bkprbkpr Texas, USAMember Posts: 295
    I never saw the leaked document – did anyone see the microfighter AT-AT? Did it look good? Where was the driver sitting, on the body or the head?

Looks like Google did a good job of cleaning up the Internet on this one. Wasn't able to find it anywhere :(
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 7,028
    Gizmodo has links to them, you should be able to find it there.
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,476
    Not any more they don't!
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    edited September 2014
    bkpr said:

I never saw the leaked document – did anyone see the microfighter AT-AT? Did it look good? Where was the driver sitting, on the body or the head?

Looks like Google did a good job of cleaning up the Internet on this one. Wasn't able to find it anywhere :(

It looks OK, but not great. The driver sits in the body.

• mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,099
    Lego dropped the ball by not releasing a micro Sandcrawler with Jawa. My guess is that it was done on purpose to keep the Jawa minifigs exclusive to the UCS model.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,390
    Which set are the new Tusken raiders in. I know they have molded heads, but not much else.
    #75081 T-16 Skyhopper. Has it been confirmed they'll have a new molded head?
    CCC
    @binaryeye‌ yes, Just2good has said over at Eurobricks that the sandperson has a new mold, he hasn't yet described it for us (in terms of appearance) but we will see it soon I'm sure.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,950
    Is it a whole new head or a Darth Maul-like 'crown'? I don't really see tusken raiders needing new head moulds, as their heads are pretty similar in shape to humans (apart from the eye tube things, I guess).
    what I read was that it was a full head mold, not an "attachment" I'm told look for images tomorrow or Friday.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    It's almost like Advent Calendar of 2015 sets the way he goes about it. I must admit, I do look forward to opening the new window each day. Still waiting for the Marvel day to come up =)
  • bkprbkpr Texas, USAMember Posts: 295

It looks OK, but not great. The driver sits in the body.

I prefer yours by a loooong margin. Quite a few more pieces I would imagine though.

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,776

It's almost like Advent Calendar of 2015 sets the way he goes about it. I must admit, I do look forward to opening the new window each day. Still waiting for the Marvel day to come up =)

I don't think Marvel was in any of the prelim leaks, so wouldn't hold your breath. They are sets coming, but think most of the leak was for early 2015 stuff.