Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

LEGO Speed Champions 2015 pictures

just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
I guess this is what came from the Top Gear deal?

ColoradoBricksrancorbait

Comments

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    Meh. The cars are ok but it looks like a whole lot of stickers.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    Exactly. Meh. A shame.

Thanks for sharing though.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    I'm not usually attracted to the cars, but these look great! The stickers though... :o(
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    The Porsche 918, is probably the best one and it uses so few stickers! I usually hate stickers but i love these little cars, a few must haves in there.
  • WoutStopmotionWoutStopmotion Member Posts: 33
    Those 911's! I don't normally like new overstickered models, but whow. I gotta have that set.
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 549
    Are all of the windscreens new?
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    So disappointing, I thought the 911 set was going to be a full size one like the past Ferraris and Lambos.
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    While I'm not fond of the stickers I still think these look awesome.
  • CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    Pretty much what I was expecting... They're not too bad overall...
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,615
    Are we ever going to ever get close to #8169 or #8214?
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,263
    I love them and, not being a huge car fanatic, they look fairly accurate to me. The Porches and the 458 Italia are must haves!
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    A lot of these are my thoughts. While I am very happy to have minifig scale supercars (not "UCS", Technics, tiny turbo, etc), I am a little disappointed by the designs. They are, overall recognisable, but a little generic - ie, look at the LaFerrari and the 458 - the only difference I could see was a bit at the nose, despite being quite distinct cars.
    Obviously, I'm disappointed with the quantity of stickers, and I'm hoping (beyond hope) that the minifigs aren't also stickered.

I really hope this theme takes off and the theme evolves, with a greater variety of brands and better designs, because I really like the idea of minifig scale licensed cars.

I know they can only really sell supercars (because that's what's attractive to kids), but I'd love to see a huge variety of cars and types of cars. I'd love to see a 'classic cars' line with iconic cars from all time periods, but that's probably just a pipe dream. :-)
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    edited September 2014
    And also, is it just me, or does the McLaren have a snowboard as a spoiler?

Edit: And also, they all look as though they have new 'hubcap' pieces. I wonder whether these are just snap-on discs or whether they are new moulds for the actual wheel hub.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,263
    ^ It does indeed have a snowboard as a spoiler, which works in my opinion.

I think some classic cars would be plausible, perhaps some sports cars from the past (a DB5 would be amazing) are a possibility if the theme catches on.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,515
    ^^ * spoiler alert *
    plasmodiumandheAdzbadboyGallardoLUPenkid11GothamConstructionCo
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,461
    ^ :)
    This theme will be very popular with children and car enthusiasts.....
    Even with a lot of stickers.

The Truck and the Porsche GT finish line look interesting for MOC garage parts.
    I'm not so sure that I need the other cars though.
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    the more I look at this line up the more my wallet screams at me, I've already got a about 300 bucks in star wars must haves (UCS Slave I doing most of that damage) and now this Entire theme! gonna be a happy but broke new years ;)
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,655
    I think I will get the McLaren for my City layout but anything else we end up with will probably be due to my son wanting it.