Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Set #4000014: The LEGOLAND Train LEGO Fan Weekend Special edition

lluisgiblluisgib Barcelona (Spain)Member Posts: 221
Hi,

Exhibitors of the LEGO Fanweekend in Skaerbaek (DK) have just received a wonderful surprise, a copy of the #4000014: The LEGOLAND Train LEGO Fan Weekend Special edition.

We are all amazed and there are 350 fans in love with it. The total run is 360 units. So exclusive!

DaraghbobabricksSilentModekhmellymelkiki180703

Comments

• tsitsi Member Posts: 34
    Congrats! Any information of a new set so far?
  • scottwb2010scottwb2010 ScotlandMember Posts: 236
    Well that makes the "exclusive" give we got on the Inside Tour this year not so exclusive as the train and platform are identical. Only difference really is the colour of background.
  • lluisgiblluisgib Barcelona (Spain)Member Posts: 221
    No new set this year, unfortunately. But no complains at all :D
  • danny316pdanny316p Member Posts: 13
    This is also the same set LEGOLAND FL Ambassador Passholders received earlier this year. All they change is the packaging and the "exclusive" numbering. Here's my bad picture of mine: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dp3/14937450382/in/set-72157635320379651
  • GoldJonoGoldJono Aberdeen, UKMember Posts: 205
    ^wonder if they fixed the problem with the stickers. I guess exclusive actually means first edition, when it comes to inside tour sets.
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281
    Is there instructions to be found anywhere online or it? I would love to make it!
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    Wow, I never saw this set when it was unveiled after all the factory tours. It really is gorgeous. I might take inspiration for it to make a train for my old-school blue-and-white tracks...
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,806
    The 4000014 number is the same as the inside tour set, isn't it?
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 944
    I know the Inside Tour is not all about the "exclusive" set one receives at the end, however, I would be a bit POed knowing this set is being given away at other special events.
    Pitfall69kiki180703
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    Seriously? How does LEGO screw this up! When one pays a fortune for the tour, they are promised an exclusive set. That means LEGO doesn't go an make more to give away elsewhere. I've been thinking if doing one of those tours in the next year or two but this really turns me off.
    edited September 2014
    This isn't the first time this has happened #4000007 Ole Kirk's House was a tour exclusive but then also became a staff Christmas Gift.
    madforLEGO
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,355
    Ma1234 said:

Seriously? How does LEGO screw this up! When one pays a fortune for the tour, they are promised an exclusive set. That means LEGO doesn't go an make more to give away elsewhere. I've been thinking if doing one of those tours in the next year or two but this really turns me off.

Then do not go. I'm sure someone else will be happy to go take the tour, get a somewhat rare and unique set, and also get discounts at the local LEGO shop.
    LegoKip
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 944
    ^^
    Really? :(
  • papluhpapluh Member Posts: 52
    If you are thinking in terms of selling it, then yes it might hurt the price, but I do not think it will be too much. The bonus prices are paid by hard-core collectors and they care about the LIT vs Fan Weekend vs LEGOLAND Ambassador packaging differences. To be honest, the box, the manual, two stickers and two printed parts are all that is exclusive. It's not like there was a special mold, or even color there ...
    On the other hand, you get a set with very specific packaging and limited release. This packaging has the tour group specific photo on the backside (as of 2014). How much for bragging rights is that ? Your photo on official LEGO product handed to you in their hometown, that you can get signed by anybody you meet on last day (usually the set designer, LIT ladies, some other designers,...fellow group members, hotel receptionist, Legoland watchman,...)
    madforLEGOLegoKip
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,099
    edited September 2014
    Aw common people.... this was an "Inside Tour".... not a royal visit.... ;-)

If you were after getting things that you can't find elsewhere... then you could also have gone to your local Billund grocery store..... and really stocked up.... (see image)

As already mentioned... the Ole Kirk House set should have been fair warning for any future Inside Tour member... that your "limited" gift isn't as limited as you might think....

madforLEGOmatticus_bricksAngel_Ctedward
  • TLGTLG Member Posts: 125
    Istokg said:

Aw common people.... this was an "Inside Tour".... not a royal visit.... ;-)

If you were after getting things that you can't find elsewhere... then you could also have gone to your local Billund grocery store..... and really stocked up.... (see image)

As already mentioned... the Ole Kirk House set should have been fair warning for any future Inside Tour member... that your "limited" gift isn't as limited as you might think....

What?

matticus_bricks
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    ^ I second this. I wish my grocery just happened to sell very hard to obtain LEGO collectors' items.
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,099
    edited October 2014
    I know.... that image (taken by my German collector friend Olaf when he was visiting Billund earlier this year).... is not for the faint of heart.... :-/ It shows THE LEGO HOUSE sets... which are only available in Billund.... they were for sale between the condiment aisle and the cleaning products aisle of a Billund grocery story....

Now if only they had a MARINA BAY SANDS model diisplay stand at the end display at the back of the store.... :-(
  • TLGTLG Member Posts: 125
    Istokg said:

I know.... that image (taken by my German collector friend Olaf when he was visiting Billund earlier this year).... is not for the faint of heart.... :-/ It shows THE LEGO HOUSE sets... which are only available in Billund.... they were for sale between the condiment aisle and the cleaning products aisle of a Billund grocery story....

Now if only they had a MARINA BAY SANDS model diisplay stand at the end display at the back of the store.... :-(

Well, I guess they get special treatment being in Lego's hometown and all.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693

Ma1234 said:

Then do not go. I'm sure someone else will be happy to go take the tour, get a somewhat rare and unique set, and also get discounts at the local LEGO shop.
    So it's okay for LEGO to promise a tour exclusive gift and then say "oh wait, never mind"?

Sure.
  • david325david325 Member Posts: 138
    It is exclusive, the packaging isn't available anywhere else?
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    edited October 2014
    Istokg said:

It shows THE LEGO HOUSE sets... which are only available in Billund....

.... or Delft (The Netherlands). I picked my Lego House up from the excellent A-Tembo Lego shop there on a recent trip visiting my sister who lives in the Netherlands :-)
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    I've had some wonderful pancakes in delft. Mmmmmm pancakes
    LostInTranslation
    ^^Apparentley someone from Holland bought 5,000 Lego Houses, I guess that's where they all ended up.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    @GoldJono - I guess so! It took me by surprise when I saw it there in front of me so I decided I had to have it after all!

It's a great little shop (and a lovely town) if anyone is ever in the area.
    I've checked with other people who has already open the box and the instruction booklet has the LEGO Inside Tour logo, so the only change is the box cover.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    I agree with those who think that the special LIT packaging makes it an exclusive set. And makes it so rare. The other packages will not be as valuable. It seems to me that the Inside Tour is well worth the value for the things you get to see and buy and the folks you meet. (I have only been to Billund with EB 2014, not with the Inside Tour.)

Compared with the costs of tours of other famous places, LIT is a bargain. Many accompanied inclusive tours cost a thousand USD a day or more. A luxury hotel room in a city like Venice or Paris can easily run 500. per night. Just look at the cost of two adults staying inside Disneyworld for a weekend, which I would not pay a penny to visit. (Disney would have to pay me because I would rather travel abroad and see the real Matterhorn, etc., not a fake.)

Serious AFOLs highly value what the LIT offers. Just read their comments after they go.
    madforLEGOLegoKip
    Here you are a time lapse video while building the set.

4000014 The LEGOLAND Train

Lluis
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 616
    Looks like Lego just published the instructions to their server...

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6103974.pdf
    madforLEGOalijoezacbobabrickspharmjodLegoboyLegoKippreverekiki180703
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    There was a different website I used to piece together my train but Lego.com always releases better quality scans.