Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Final Nail in the coffin for Monster Fighters?

2»

Comments

• thehornedratthehornedrat Member Posts: 87
    edited September 2014
    Can't wait for an Undead/Monsters Friends line...but Mattel may sue them...(as they own Monster High copyright)

@CCC‌ Interestingly how Universal Movie studios own most of the Monsters/Horror tropes/themes since what, for 80-90 years now, since the Silent Movies era. And now these monsters are now so ingrained in Western popular culture.
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,524
    Dad said:

Plenty left in UK stores apparently. If anyone particularly wants one and doesn't have a store near by let me know.

I think they're running thin. Leeds don't even stock them and I think Manchester and Liverpool have less than 5. Can't speak for other stores.

I think i got the last one from Leeds at their first birthday weekend.

They are online in the UK, they were 21st October ship date now they are the 16th.

Odd area to place them in and it doesn't appear there though.

LEGO Shop Home - Themes - Ideas - Haunted House
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,984

Can't wait for an Undead/Monsters Friends line...but Mattel may sue them...(as they own Monster High copyright)

I think it'd be cool if LEGO Friends had a supernatural-mystery-solving subtheme, perhaps taking some cues from Scooby-Doo and the Nancy Drew books. It'd be very easy to create a "spooky" color palette that still fits the bright LEGO Friends aesthetic using various shades of purple, green, and blue. Like the current Jungle Rescue subtheme, it'd be a fantastic way to create exciting adventure play that is still grounded in the real world (provided, of course, that in true Scooby-Doo style, whatever "monsters" turn up turn out to be regular people in disguise).

The sets could show a somewhat darker side of Heartlake City with subjects like an abandoned factory, a "haunted house", a spooky tree, etc. There'd be the potential for lots of fun action features like trapdoors, secret passageways behind bookcases, and stairs that turn into slides. Also, imagine the possibility for spooky (but still cute) types of animals that could tie in with the theme — black cats, bats, mice, crows, and owls!
  • thehornedratthehornedrat Member Posts: 87
    Heck yes! make it cheesy and campy and most of all, it would be fun! Abandoned shopping mall?
  • T_LarsT_Lars USAMember Posts: 104
    ^That would all be awesome, except for the Friends part.
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,524
    I think that's the colour palate of the new Elves line.
  • legomasonlegomason Member Posts: 190
    Dedgecko said:

A proper ghost ship would be rad!