Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What are you building right now?

Comments

• jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Yeah there are a few that have the quantity I need. I hope they didn't part out that many Benny's Spaceship lol Was just checking if anyone here would have them first @ColoradoBricks‌
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,184

Finally finished the roman gatehouse from the other day. I'm very pleased with it but now somehow need to free up the bricks my kids used so that i can build more extensions.

I'm hoping for something akin to the 1980s castles where sets like #6040 and #6061 added to the walls of castles like #6080 (hence the corner turret). I think I can blame @Shib for it as I think we had a discussion a while back about how a roman theme could work. I had hoped to build something at a more 'system' level but it ended up being a bit bigger than that. As much as I'd love some impressive roman buildings from Ideas or MocPages its just not practical so I wanted to see if something more legoey could work. Its given me a whole new appreciation of how Lego designers manage to get play elements and a feel for a particular theme from a very small number of pieces.

And the inspiration - a reconstruction of a roman gatehouse from the NE of England.

@cheshirecat‌ After looking at your gatehouse again I started playing with a Lego Romans logo...so of course the start of a box art has started to happen
    BumblepantscarlqGothamConstructionCoAndor
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Very nice, I'm working on a few vehicle type extras - an ox drawn cart for the gatehouse, a balista for the tower etc. Would be great to get a brickset wide collaborative effort going.
    ShibAndor
    I think that's an awesome idea. I'd love it to be a roman theme (and would happily donate the gatehouse as a starting point although it would need pimping up by the much better builders here than me) but would go along with anything.
    Andor
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,269
    ^ I would back a Roman theme, no doubt about it. To be honest I would have bet on a Classical theme coming out after the new moulds for the CMF Spartan and Roman Soldiers were produced.
    Andor
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,760
    Yeah I think the Roman idea is a good one. Between your gatehouse and @shib's box art that is a good start. I think the gatehouse not being a gigantic 15000 part monster moc is good.
    Andor
    edited September 2014
    I think so, it sits somewhere between the complete castle sets and the gatehouse sets. Has lots of tan, dark tan etc which would be popular with some, plus Romans and perhaps a couple of cows. It needs a whole lot more interest on the back, as its very plain on the back. (There is a cell in one of the towers and the corresponding front wall can be broken).

Was planning a balista using the new spring loaded brick (as in bennys spaceship).
    Bumblepants
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850

I don't have much to contribute to the project personally but I think it would be awesome for the Brickset community to get an Ideas project launched and publicized together. If we tried I think we could really get something chugging along. And perhaps I am speaking out of turn but the 1% could even be designated to Fairybricks if it did in fact make it that far. That would really be something to be proud of

I'd be up for it :o)
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,621
    A really good example is Medusa's Temple By Strider:
    https://ideas.lego.com/projects/24916
    Some extra photos of the gatehouse showing how bare the back is.
    It would help if I included the pictures...
    jadedancGothamConstructionCoBumblepants
    And the corner
    rancorbaitjadedancGothamConstructionCocarlq
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    Just received my BrickLink order to build Chris McVeigh's (aka powerpig) Commodore 64. Wonderful little build...
    ShibAdzbadboycarlqPaperballparkpricey73GothamConstructionCo
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 500
    waiting on some pieces to arrive, then I'm going to assemble classic space sets up until 1983. Also, I've been collecting the classic notched wedge plates of various colors, and I'm going to build the early spaceships in various colors. I'm sure it has been done, but I'm just having fun with older parts :)
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,417
    edited September 2014
    Just done a piece-count on my latest stream train. It's not exact, as I need to rebuild the tender and there's a few places where I simply can't count exactly how many bricks are in it, but I've got a rough estimate which I'm happy with.

It has over 1300 bricks in it...
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086
    edited September 2014
    I worked on some street plates while watching football (come on NC State!) this afternoon. I decided to mix in some Dark Brown tiles with the black ones and this is the result. I wasnt sold until my wife oohed and aahed over them. The street going away from the intersection will have a tree and a garden in it someday.
    carlqGothamConstructionCo
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 485
    courtesy of @vedder1029- thanks!
    ColoradoBricksBrickDancerLegoboyrancorbaitcarlq
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,700
    Dead jealous. I can't bring myself to open mine. :(
    Legoboy said:

@Legoboy - How bout' I come over to your place and fix that.

;o)
    LegoboyGothamConstructionCocarlq
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,378
    @legoboy I saw you commented on this thread and was so astonished that you'd actually built something that I had to see what! Silly me :).
    rancorbaitLegoboycarlq
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 485
    Legoboy said:

@Legoboy You should do what I did: buy a used one and it's open already- you just have to build ;-)

It was a rather enjoyable build although the clutch power on my copy was a little weak and I like to "click" the pieces.
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 542

and a bunch of other models for STEAM.
    pricey73rancorbaitLego_Starcarlq
    Jenni said:

@legoboy I saw you commented on this thread and was so astonished that you'd actually built something that I had to see what! Silly me :).

Saving myself for this Friday night before attending STEAM the following day. Something Star Wars. Something BIG! ;o)
    Lego_Star
  • kempo81kempo81 Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 961
    you wont build anything @Legoboy .......
    edited September 2014
    Well, it'll be a bit awkward when my co-builder turns up and I've changed my mind. It's been planned for weeks.

Wife and kids out of the way.
    Check.
    Pizza menu at the ready.
    Check.
    CDs at the ready.
    Check.

GothamConstructionCoLego_Starcarlq
  • Ives_JaycoxIves_Jaycox Member Posts: 19
    Playing around with mini-figs. First pic- Grandma & Grandpa Orc. Second pic- Mr. & Mrs. Orc w/ their two children. The following five pics are I made from Shakespheare's Mid Summer Night's Dream. From left to right: Puck (a mischievous sprite), Mustardseed (a fairy), Oberon (King of the Fairies), Titania (Queen of the Fairies), Hermia (lover of Lysander), Lysander(lover of Hermia), Demetrius(lover of Hermia), Helena(lover of Demetrius), Theseus(Duke of Athens), and Hippolyta(Queen of the Amazons).
    rancorbait
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    As you missed off what Paul said....

SirKevbagscarlq
    @SirKevbags - You have something in your inbox...

;oP
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086
    Legoboy: I listening to the original run of those back around 1982. I taped most of them on cassette tapes at the time. I later bought the series on casette tape (I missed a few episodes) for a road trip to from Florida to Colorado with the wife and little childen. Does your set included ROTJ? I know they did ESB but didnt know they ever did the last movie.
    @ecmo47 - yes, the clue's in the name. 'Trilogy'. ;). The complete boxset is 15cds long. The best of the three is by far Ep IV, then V followed by VI. VI is ok but is brought down by Mark Hamill being absent from the series. A shame, but as an audio book would say the series as a whole is the best I've heard.
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,097
    #40115 and #40081 Legoland Windsor sets.
    edited October 2014
    Sandcrawler.

Listened to all 13 episodes of Star Wars. Had listened to 9 of them and and had got about half way through the manual before realising my mate had built it back to front. The base is made up of a Technic grid. He had literally plated the grid up 180deg the wrong way around before building up off it. This was only realised when the tracked wheels wouldn't turn having mounted them. The problem were 2 silly pointless bits of support were in the way and preventing the tracks from turning. Because of the Technic pins however, everything was interlocked. The grid was tied in with the steering mechanism and the walls. It took me about 45mins to carefully remove enough sections and plates to enable me to twist the grid round but it then took about an hour and a quarter to put it back together again. Meant we finished the remaining SW episodes though.

Need to be up in 2hrs 45 for STEAM. Night.
    bluedragonLego_Starcarlq
    Urgh, I'm going to pay for it today.
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    My son's tribute to the "Piggy".
    BumblepantscarlqGothamConstructionCo
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,760
    Starting the ground floor of my new Town Hall to go along with my Angry Orchard cider and cheese and crackers.
    carlq
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,310
    I really need my huge salad bowl back!
    So I am rebuilding my 30 year old '6073 Knight's Castle', the Black Falcon fortress released in 1984 from my childhood.
    brickset.com/sets/6073-1/Knight-s-Castle
    I had dug it up in the attic over at my Mom's house early this summer. I took it home with me, separated all the bricks dumped it in a big salad bowl filled it up with lukewarm water and mild (hand) dish-washing liquid, an old soft toothbrush and started scrubbing the dusty bricks clean. After all these months the bricks were still sitting in the bowl. So I am rebuilding it now, to check if all pieces are still there. Probably haven't lost any bricks when throwing away the water as I used a sieve to catch the bricks. Lets hope it is all still there.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    Been lucky to get a #10179 from a bricksetter, now about 1/3 done
    bluedragonDrmnezCapnRex101carlqGothamConstructionCo
  • jedijason1138jedijason1138 Member Posts: 148
    For my birthday and because I worked a bunch of overtime, my wife gave me the green light to get the UCS Tumbler! I called the Lego at West County Mall on Friday and they said they were out of stock :( . They said they might get some more today, so I called at 9:59 and they said they had 24 in stock. They couldn't put a hold or do a phone order, so I said I hoped to make it down by lunch time. I doubted they would sell 24 in 90 minutes. They hadn't. They had sold 7 by the time I got there. Mine was number 8. Very excited to start building this. I have the other UCS Batmobile and this will go on the shelf next to it.
    GothamConstructionCo
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 475
    ^ me too, I got mine Saturday. I am on book two now and love how it is coming together. I have no idea where it will go when done, but one thing at a time. I had been on the fence but am glad I got it.
  • arl100arl100 Member Posts: 35
    Just finished building #10199, #10216, #10222 and #10229 which I had been building over the past few days. Not allowed a winter display in the living room until the end of October, so will have to keep them in my (already full) room.

Next project: LDD a TIE Interceptor in #9492 style. Let the building begin!
  • jedijason1138jedijason1138 Member Posts: 148
    Stopped with bag 1 on the Tumbler. That is one impressive chassis that is coming together! Very sturdy up to this point.
  • Mrs_WobbleheadMrs_Wobblehead UKMember Posts: 22
    I new my ironing board would come in handy for something!
    Just started the Green Grocer #10185 whilst watching The Great British Bake Off final.
    LostInTranslationLegoboypricey73JenniLego_Star
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    ^ Luis for the win! (Okay, more likely Richard, but I can dream....;-)
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,518
    Come on Nancy!!
    Lego_Star
    edited October 2014
    No way would I let them cut through my carefully baked windmill. Mint in Sealed Icing.

I'm off to make me some cheese on toast.
    LostInTranslationpricey73Lego_Starcarlq