The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    'LEGO Design' project:
    flic.kr/s/aHsk3AK4Nh

LEGO Creator - Clockwork Robot (31040):
    flic.kr/s/aHsk49vxBJ

This is the portfolio of my final project for my Art & Design course; I was asked to create my own outcome and brief therefore I took liberty and decided to create a project based around design at LEGO. Some of you may know I’m very enthusiastic about the prospect of for working as a designer at LEGO, this would help me get familiar and practice the work process as a real LEGO designer would. Step by step you will discover the background of the design process in The LEGO Group, It will also contain a LEGO set I designed myself for the project; such as the experiments, sketch models and sketches.
    ENDfilmsbobabricksAndor
    edited September 2014
    LEGO Neo-Classic Space Shuttle
    rancorbaitcarlqENDfilmsChrisbstmbluedragonAndorCosworth3d
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    edited September 2014
    ^ Very nice depiction of an abandoned building!
  • pricey73pricey73 UKMember Posts: 352
    @LostInTranslation‌ what can I say, brilliant and so looking forward to seeing it at STEAM.
    Think you've captured the chaos so well.
    Apple Watch:
    Apple Watch

Apple IPhone 5s:
    Apple IPhone 5s
    CapnRex101rancorbaitvitreolumBrickDancerjadedancGothamConstructionCoChrisbstmcarlqTelcontar
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,271
    ^ Surely the opportunity of building a bent iPhone 6 is too good to miss? Great job though Adeel, both are instantly recognisable.
    Adzbadboy
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    @LostInTranslation‌ The Baked Alaska scene is perfect! And the minifigs are spot on. Love it.
    LostInTranslation
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,271
    @LostInTranslation‌ - Let me see if I have got this right, going from top left to bottom right we have:

Diane
    Ian
    Martha
    Luis
    Chetna
    Kate
    The guy who keeps a pencil behind his ear and has been star baker three or four times but whose name escapes me :o)
    Nancy

So how close was I?
    LostInTranslation
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,519
    edited September 2014
    @CapnRex101 - 6 out of 8! The two guys are the wrong way round. Richard is the smiley one (who should have the pencil) and Luis is the one with the Homer torso :-)

Nancy was difficult to do so I'm glad you recognised her. I might try to sneak a Norman in somewhere too. I like Martha but Sue is by far my favourite minifig. I had two options for her hair and my fellow Bake-off aficionado at work told me to "go quiffier". Then lo and behold Sue was very quiffy indeed in the following episode ;-)

@plasmodium - had to include Bingate, didn't I? :-) I was so pleased with the Iain face I found, I was thinking I wouldn't find a good one for ages!

Thanks for all the kind comments guys. The tent will be displayed on one of the Fairy Bricks raffle tables (where I will be selling tickets on Saturday) if you want to see it in the brick.

^ Surely the opportunity of building a bent iPhone 6 is too good to miss? Great job though Adeel, both are instantly recognisable.

Thanks, I would have, although I don't have the elements to do so.

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    ^ and an iPhone 5 is easily recognizable as such where as a iPhone 6 is just a Samsung phone.
    plasmodiumAdzbadboy
    ^If you want to get technical, most of the internal parts of any phone are made by Samsung anyway, so...;-)
    rancorbait
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    graphite said:

^ and an iPhone 5 is easily recognizable as such where as a iPhone 6 is just a Samsung phone.

It not just a Samsung phone... ;o)
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086
    Here's the 90% solution on a Water tank for the train layout. Learned a lot about the hinge tool! It will probably take a month to gather the parts to build it but will post pictures when I'm done. The base will be reddish-brown to look like timbers. I bought a handful of 79003 decals to make a bunch of wood-grained 1x6 tiles for all the cross members. I havent designed the locomotive water spout yet but anybody got any ideas for a 90 degree elbow for the end of it?
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    ^ Love it! Actual parts!!! :)

Just another lame character build... in a few years I'll make one I'm happy with. :))

Pool
    rancorbaitandyscouseTechnicNickricecakebobabricksChrisbstmcarlq
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086
    So did the girl just poke her eye out? (note the use of the gold rings) ;-)
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    @LostInTranslation‌ Nice build!
    LostInTranslation
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 719
    ^Death Fashion?
    pricey73
    That's no moon - looks to me more like a Cloud Cuckoo Star...
    LostInTranslationpricey73AdzbadboyGothamConstructionCoTheBigLegoski
    Wait, is that a factory on the bottom level?! Making Friends minidolls!?!

(Also, go Giffgaff! ;-) )
  • pricey73pricey73 UKMember Posts: 352
    @plasmodium‌ it's a Mia Stephanizer!

Go giffgaff indeed!
    SirBenandyscouseTechnicNickBJ21Chrisbstmcarlq
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 719
    On the bottom level it appears the minidolls are being cloned for processing..... shudder... taking over places that could be filled by proper minifigs with wrist action.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    That hammer doesn't even look like LEGO. Very cool.
    Andor
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    @pricey73‌ love it, the schoolboy in me can't help but snigger about the over sized lipstick and suspicion of very friendly friends.
    BJ21
  • Craigster10Craigster10 Member Posts: 54
    @lostintranslation a great moc I love it!
    LostInTranslation
    edited October 2014
    Disobedient Objects - Inside Violent Video Games
    Disobedient Objects - Inside Violent Video Games
    rancorbaitChrisbstm
  • henrysunsethenrysunset Member Posts: 231
    edited October 2014
    I just posted a small MOC in the brutalist Architecture style along with detailed PDF instructions to build it at home. I'd love to hear some feedback about the model or the directions I've provided for download!

LINK TO MORE INFO AND DOWNLOAD:http://tomalphin.com/2014/10/brutalist-tower-instructions.html

Enjoy!
    ---Tom Alphin
    binaryeyerancorbaitChrisbstm
    Yeah, I saw that on MOCPages, and I could not believe the scale! It's absolutely massive.
    Brings back memories of the old Battlefront II days...
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734

This is not my MOC, but I saw it and I had to share a picture as its just so awesome! :o)

~60,000 pieces, the Flickr page says.

My son got #60047 Police Station for his birthday a couple days ago. When he unwrapped it, several relatives commented on how large the box was, and one asked how many pieces were in it. My wife took one look at the box, saw the set number, and said "Sixty-thousand forty-seven." Of course, she realized this couldn't be correct halfway through saying it, so it ended up a bit of a question. Now I can show her what 60,000 pieces actually looks like.
    plasmodiumAdzbadboyGalactus

Yeah, I saw that on MOCPages, and I could not believe the scale! It's absolutely massive.
    Brings back memories of the old Battlefront II days...

Yeah, I know!

I think I still have that game actually, I'll have to see if I can find it :o)
    plasmodium

I don't understand. This implies that at some point in the past 8 years, you stopped playing it for a long enough amount of time to lose it. ;-)

Just kidding of course...I never owned it myself back in the day (played it a ton on a friends playstation at my boarding school), so I actually bought myself a PC copy a year or two ago. It is literally all that a Star Wars FPS ever needs to be. :-)

But how did we get on to this again? Oh yeah...Mustafar. Looks like the thing it's trying to look like. I remember now...
    rancorbait
    edited October 2014

I don't understand. This implies that at some point in the past 8 years, you stopped playing it for a long enough amount of time to lose it. ;-)
    @Plasmodium - No I played it last year. But I found it now, so I'm off to play it again... ;o)
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    A zombie picnic. ;)
    ChrisbstmricecakeGalactus
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 550
    edited October 2014
    I recently created A Lego Sunset inspired by JMW Turner's The Scarlet Sunset.
    bobabricksrancorbaitTechnicNickChrisbstmJenni
    B.M.P.
    BumblepantsCapnRex101bobabricksAdzbadboyTechnicNickcozycarlq
    I will be resuming my 'LEGO Modular Building - LEGO Brand Store' project (WIP)

Building Station:
    LEGO Modular Building - LEGO Brand Store - Building Station

Mini Master Builder Bar:
    LEGO Modular Building - LEGO Brand Store - Mini Master Builder Bar
    rancorbaitGothamConstructionCoChrisbstmbobabricks