Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

How Do You Store Your Polybags?

SimesHimselfSimesHimself Member Posts: 27
I'm interested to see what the general view is on this. In particular I've got all of the May 4th polys and the Super Heroes also, but they're currently sitting perfectly flat in plastic bags and I'd like to continue to keep them in the same condition...but maybe in some kind of storage. I bought a poly from eBay the other week and it arrived in mint condition in a "click and seal" bag, which I thought was a good idea and easy to store polys vertically like CDs. Any suggestions?

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,342
    My spare unopened ones are stored in a box. It is an official Lego poly box, but no real difference to any cardboard box. An alternative is to hang them by the tag hole on the bag.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,037
    I store the individually in ziplock bags. The heavier freezer bags to be specific. It keeps them in mint condition and doesn't take up much extra space. :)
  • WoutStopmotionWoutStopmotion Member Posts: 33
    I only have one unopened polybag and i have it just laying on my desk, i don't put it in a bag or anything.
  • SimesHimselfSimesHimself Member Posts: 27
    akunthita said:

I store the individually in ziplock bags. The heavier freezer bags to be specific. It keeps them in mint condition and doesn't take up much extra space. :)

That's interesting, akunthita. And what do you keep them in once they're in the ziplock bags?
  • T_LarsT_Lars USAMember Posts: 104
    I don't have a ton, so I keep them in an old grenade box along with some of my lose instructions.
    >:D
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    edited September 2014
    T_Lars said:

I don't have a ton, so I keep them in an old grenade box along with some of my lose instructions.
    >:D

What if a grenade goes off? :-)
    GothamConstructionCo
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    I use shoe boxes. I can store a lot in them and they don't take up much space at all. If you want to display them though while still in package, then I have no clue.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    In black bin liners, unsorted.
    CCCGothamConstructionCo
  • T_LarsT_Lars USAMember Posts: 104
    jediami65 said:

What if a grenade goes off? :-)

Its only happened once. Like I said, I don't have a ton of polys... anymore.

Renegade007cjh
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,761
    Storing polybags in polybags is taking things to extremes, if you ask me!
    ShibJessyDooDahpaul_mertonprincedraven
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    Huw said:

Storing polybags in polybags is taking things to extremes, if you ask me!

HAHAHA.....You do know are talking to a bunch of Lego nuts as my wife likes to call me/us there is no such word as extreme in our vocabulary. ;-)
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,358
    ^There is, but it is defined differently for all of us.
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    All stuffed in a box!
  • ChilisChilis Member Posts: 6
    Keeping mine in plastic containers with lid from Ikea and SmartStore
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,139
    I only have a few polys stored in a plastic drawer along with some small boxed sets. No concern for keeping them mint for me.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I just throw them in a pile in a larger plastic bag. A lot were folded up anyway from being mailed from LEGO, so the wrapper isn't Mint for most of them. But the figures should be inside.
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    To date, the only 2 bags I have unopened are a friends bakery thing and the article scout flyer. The bakery is in one of those 3 layer containers at target and am probably gonna part it out when I get the chance. Article I only got recently(I got two but the other is assembled) and that one is on top of my rolling cart.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,265
    wagnerml2 said:
    I use this one
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-12.7-Quart-Latch-Box-Set-of-6/20699641

I use the same ones for both my polys as well as my BL poly inventory. And the half height ones (6.2 Qt) I use for all my parts inventory. Love those latch top boxes. Too bad they went up in price at WM.