Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

DC Heroes 2015 speculation and rumors

Comments

• DougTemplarDougTemplar Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 630
    If that is true.... Hawkman... then my prediction that Chima was only designed to get a proper working Hawkman outfit is true! :)

Actually those sets sound great... apart from one thing... Seriously it's like Christopher Walken hangs out in Marketing over in Billund just saying "More Batman"
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,979

If that is true.... Hawkman... then my prediction that Chima was only designed to get a proper working Hawkman outfit is true! :)

Actually those sets sound great... apart from one thing... Seriously it's like Christopher Walken hangs out in Marketing over in Billund just saying "More Batman"

Batman has a more proven sales record than a lot of DC Comics heroes, and furthermore I have no doubt part of the reason we're seeing such diversity in the sets is to tie in with "LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham". Having Batman in all the sets should boost sales among kids who are less familiar with the other heroes and villains.

I'm excited by the diverse cast of these new sets! I hope they are successful enough that they set the standard for new DC Comics sets going forward.
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    These sets sound amazing; I can't wait to see some photos of them.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    I can pass on the Grodd set (but if I had the extra money it would be nice). But Darkseid, Cyborg, Green Lantern, Hawkman, maybe Supergirl....guess I found where to spend my Lego money since much of the Hobbit line I will skip this year. Given I still can't wait to hear what Avengers has to offer.
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    edited August 2014
    By end of 2015 we may be able to build this scene!!! That would be nice!!

That's from the Comic that was given out with the Tumbler and available in SDCC, I was in Christina Mall and they had just gotten them: Very nice employee gave me one as I had not gotten one when I purchased my Tumbler.
    dannyrww
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,477
    ^If we got all those character in a single wave I'd be both broke and very happy as a result!
    dannyrww
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    @Shib we already have some from previous sets or special offerings and the verified 2015 sets may or may not be part of the same wave, but yeah start putting money aside for them ;-)
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    Over on eurobricks hulksmash has remembered he saw captain cold, in the grodd set. Manhunter is in the braniac set and an uknown pilot of the javelin. Black hair, stubble white skin.... really helpful lol
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited August 2014
    Geddes said:

...and an uknown pilot of the javelin. Black hair, stubble, white skin.... really helpful lol

Damn. From the above picture, I thought she had fishnet stockings... ;oD
    carlq
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    ha ha now that's funny, from what I can gather it is a male. however it could be Bruce, Damian, or dare I say it Dick
    legomatt
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329
    Geddes said:

Over on eurobricks hulksmash has remembered he saw captain cold, in the grodd set. Manhunter is in the braniac set and an uknown pilot of the javelin. Black hair, stubble white skin.... really helpful lol

Well it isn't his fault if he could only see so much of the guy in the Javelin.
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    Geddes said:

ha ha now that's funny, from what I can gather it is a male. however it could be Bruce, Damian, or dare I say it Dick

If it's a guy and it's associated with the Justice League, my bet would be Steve Trevor. I don't know if he's in the Lego Batman games, but I bet he'll be in the movie. It would make sense for them to include him in a set since he's pretty important for the Wonder Woman story, too.
    edited August 2014

my bet would be Steve Trevor.

As a 'supers' philistine, I'm assuming that's his 'regular-joe' name. I can't imagine a super hero really taking off (metaphorically) in the public conscious called 'Steve Trevor!!!'. Nope, no amount of exclamation marks helped me there... If he's DC, no wonder they keep returning to Batman... ;oP

DC Exec at meeting: After much deliberation, market analysis, and all our top artists collaboration... our next big thing, ladies and gentlemen, i give to you: Steve! TREVOR!!

Boss: What's his power, 'Deathly Silences'?

;oD

(Just joking) Now i'm off to educate myself via google... (back)... ah, he is a regular joe (pilot). Suddenly it all makes sense. :o)
    ^current continuity he's also a bit of a Nick Fury type character as well, spying and organising superhero teams, but sucking at it.
    legomatt
    ^ Hah. That made me laugh. A 'Nick Fury that sucks'. Bwah!
    :o)
    Shib
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    Shib said:

^current continuity he's also a bit of a Nick Fury type character as well, spying and organising superhero teams, but sucking at it.

That's because no one does Nick Fury's job like Nick Fury...except maybe Nick Fury's army of life model decoys apparently.
    I assume I don't need to post a link to the leaked images in this thread as well.

It's hard to read the mini figure names on those concept images but apparently the pilot is Green Arrow, which would make the jet the Arrow-Plane

If these concepts are real and the mini figures listed are true I'm going to be buying a lot of them.
    it's still obviously very early days as there are a lot of marvel character present (which seems really weird to me that TLG would do that even for concepts) but interesting viewing.
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 1,017
    They must be using the Goblin as a stand in for the Gorilla?
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 1,017
    Similar for Hulk and Darkseid?
    Yes, but it seems a very not done thing....presumably these have to get sent to the IP owner, so a blank big fig of some sort would seem much more appropriate for concepts. Seeing Hulk and Goblin bought up a huge question mark in my mind over the authenticity of the images, but you never know it might just be TLG's standard practice while working out box art concepts.
  • fizicystfizicyst Member Posts: 72
    New pics show an awesome lineup coming!
    Supergirl, Brainiac, Martian Manhunter and Superman (76040)
    Superman, Hawk man, Green Arrow, Cyborg and Darkseid bigfig? (76028)
    Black Manta, Aquaman, Flash and Batman (76027)
    Gorilla Grodd bigfig, Captain Cold, Wonder Woman, Flash, Batman and ??? (76026)
    Sinestro, Green Lantern and Space Batman (76025)
    ^I think that 76027 was actually a Robin in a diving suit rather than Flash and the last one on 76026 looks to be a civilian in trouble (truck driver or something would be my guess)
  • nerick906nerick906 Bristol, UKMember Posts: 426
    This is the official line up of minifigs:
    Green Lantern vs. Sinestro (76025)
    Sinestro
    Green Lantern
    Space Batman

Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas (76026)
    Gorilla Grodd
    Captain Cold
    Driver
    Wonder Woman
    Flash
    Batman

Black Manta Deep Sea Strike (76027)
    Black Manta
    Aquaman
    Robin in red scuba suit
    Batman

Darkseid Invasion (76028)
    Darkseid
    Green Arrow
    Hawkman
    Cyborg
    Superman

Brainiac Attack (76040)
    Brainiac
    Martian Manhunter
    Supergirl
    Superman

from thebrickfan

Anybody has a linked to be sent to my PM of the photos please?

regards,
    R
    76028 might just be my first non Lego exclusive day one full RRP purchase if the mini figures are as listed. can't wait to see the final versions of Darkseid and Hawkman.
    Oh oh oh oh oh... Where do I send my money? I have held off buying at day one this year for any sets but now that I see that list (where are the photos PM most welcome)...

Well that is a fantastic line up!
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873
    I may just get every set in this wave. Only question marks are the Grodd set (but I want Grodd and the invisible jet!) and the Aquaman set.

The Darkseid set is beyond amazing based on figs alone. And I love the Brainiac set.
  • rmarkworthrmarkworth GermanyMember Posts: 87
    I really don't like these new sets. I would only by them for the minifigures. That's a pity regarding in Star Wars I buy those sets for the set build, too.
    The only set I liked was the Avengers Quinjet. The others were always to generic or strange.
    Oh now I've seen the images... and MY GOODNESS... even in prelim they look awesome... What price a new Arkham Size set of the Hall of Justice or the JL Satellite (which is actually my very very delayed MOC)
    Do we have an idea when these will be on sale at all?
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,697
    Has anyone speculated at to what a 'Super Jumper' is? (Other than an item in Clark Kent's wardrobe for the colder months).
    GothamConstructionCo
    andhe said:

Has anyone speculated at to what a 'Super Jumper' is? (Other than an item in Clark Kent's wardrobe for the colder months).

Congrats... you now owe me one spurted mouthful of tea....
    carlqGothamConstructionCo
    I imagine its a sort of spring launcher to make figs fly
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,352
    ^ I was wondering a similar thing. I imagine it will be a kind of air cannon design which launches a Minifigure into the air. It is interesting (and a little concerning) to see that LEGO are including more and more pieces built specifically to enact a function.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,750
    We've already seen it in the photos of the Green Lantern set at SDCC. The angle of this photo shows pretty well how it will work.
    ^Pretty sure that's just a display stand to simulate Batman 'flying'.
    andhe said:

^Pretty sure that's just a display stand to simulate Batman 'flying'.

I suppose that's possible, but I don't think so. It's in the photos in this article, as well.
    ^I don't know it does match how it looks on the boxes pretty well. Looks a lot like it works like the little plastic frog toys we always used to get in christmas crackers.
    edited September 2014
    I concede. The final picture here image
    seems to confirm what you're saying. Seems a little weak.
    edited September 2014
    I prefer that to some sort of air cannon type thing, it looks like it could be usable as a decorative piece for those clever enough to look at it differently.
    I hope this is not a sign of things to come. A new six stud shooter is also being introduced next year in some of the Star Wars sets and if these kinds of things keep coming out then they might start impacting upon the appearance of models.

You could always simply remove them of course, but I would still rather TLC focused on appearance rather than play features.
    It will be interesting to find out whether the connection is normal (and the launcher flies along with the minifigure) or the clutch is intentionally loose (and the launcher and minifigure separate).
    I like to think that if TLG were happy to have a mini figure on one in display case at a convention where lots people will be walking past it creating a lot of vibration it'd be standard Lego clutch and jumps with the figure, but it's hard to know.
    edited September 2014
    Either way, I'm doubtful that the jumping involved is going to be 'super'. If those similar toy frogs are anything to go by.
    edited September 2014
    Could one not just throw their Minifigure in the air rather than launching it with some (almost certainly) useless contraption? At least the firing weapons have some play value.

Anyway, I am forgetting that I love the look of these sets and the Minifigure selection is excellent. The hideous Batmech is an exception though as that looks awful.
    ^Who's going to be first to mod an Exo-suit to a Bat-Exo-Suit to replace it?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,291
    Hopefully the Batmech is a prelim as a lot of the superhero sets appear unpolished. Can't say as a Batmech of any sort really catches my fancy though.
    As the Hulk Buster Iron Man suit is supposedly going to appear in Avengers 2 I wonder if we see that in a set if it'll be a big fig or a mech build.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM IrelandMember Posts: 987
    I'd love a Bat-mech based on Kingdom Come:

^a whole CMF line based on kingdom come with that as a big fig would be awesome...
    dannyrww
  • PdyxPdyx Member Posts: 8
    Any thoughts or speculation on whether the Martian Manhunter will be identical to the polybag?