Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Canada] TRU Minifigure Trade In

bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
http://www.toysrus.ca/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=3373022 (Fourth event down)

What is this? I have never heard of a minifigure trade in. It says to bring in any Lego minifigures and trade in for StarWars minifigures. Has anybody been to one of these events? If so, are they good?

Comments

• KingDaveKingDave UKMember Posts: 965
    I hope they don't destroy the traded in minifigs! That would be a terrible loss.
    bobabricks
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    I don't what they would do. I wonder if I could just bring in a a city fig and get a minifig like an imperial officer or do they care about what the minifigs are worth? I'll bring a slue of selection for any scenario. :P
  • congruencecongruence Member Posts: 26
    Thanks for the heads up.

They just trade the figs through ought the day with kids who bring them in. Typically lego sends them in some new ones to start the day with, but once those are gone you're swapping for whatever kids are trading in. Generally won't see much ip unless a kid trades it in, I generally see a lot of Frankenstein figs.
    @congruence So should I come in early to get my hands on new minifigures rather than used?
  • congruencecongruence Member Posts: 26
    That's what I always do, don't want to be left with the ones that have been chewed to bits.
    bobabricks
    I went to my local TRU today and I traded in. I brought in two, a real minifig and a random one made up of tattered parts. The lady actually let me trade in for two minifigs. There was only a selection between an A-wing pilot and a Weekway guard and I ended up getting two Weekway guards because I actually wanted to have a couple of those guys. The traded in bin looked pretty shady, some, old, chewed and mismatched minifigs for sure. Was anybody else able to get rarer or more valuable minifigs when they went in?
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    Is this a Canada-only event? It sure sounds like a lot of fun! I wish they did this event in the US.
    @matticus_bricks It's a little shady I have to say, it's just a box with new minifigs and a box with old ones and it is at till one, customer service. :P For all of the cool events the states get we should at least have one event for ourselves. :P