Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• JdurgJdurg Member Posts: 18
    Mine is "Letting skin grow back on fingertips and thumb tips after building set 10221 Super Star Destroyer - Executor. The pain is worth it."
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 530
    how many hours spent building?
  • kyrotekkyrotek Southampton, UKMember Posts: 212
    Still building Helm's Deep, only the feasting hall to go but not sure there is enough room on the shelf to assemble it when I'm done!
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,701
    edited August 2014
    #10 (2014) by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr">LEGO Haul <a href=#10 (2014)" />

LEGO Creator, Expert - MINI Cooper

"It Had To Be Done!"

My Brick Separator Collection...
    carlq
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,543
    edited August 2014
    Not lego related, but i've got to tell someone.

I just this very moment saw a young woman walking down the road past my house (yes, that is unusual in itself, but there's more)... carrying a GIANT pink-foil inflatable 'male private parts', (fully inflated).
    That thing was so large and shiney-pink, she had to brace it against her (ample) body... and it's a breezy day, so that thing was... sliding about, shall we say.

HAH HAH HAH! XoD

Of course, she was equally aware of appearances, and as is always the case on occasions of intense embarrassment, unable to prevent the great beaming smile of hilarity mixed with mortification at this predicament, of struggling with a 4'+ shiney pink manhood through the streets all the way home from the shops, no doubt acutely aware of every set of eyes popping on stalks and thinking what they may as she passed.

Whoever that person was, Thank You.
    And do pour yourself a drink when you get home... (best make it a stiff one). LOL
    ;oP
    carlqaimlesspursuitscheshirecatThanos75GothamConstructionCoGuroooeightbrick
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,450
    Found the new Mixels while away for a convention...means I have something to do at the hotel.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,146
    Patiently waiting for September 1 to roll around to purchase a set or two...need that White Spaceman!

Oh and yes, I do plan on ordering just after the stroke of midnight if I manage to stay awake - don't need any of those August 1st problems. :)
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,770
    ^ I'm unfortunately waiting for October 1 to roll around...
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    After receiving my sdcc 2014 figs thanks @samiam391‌. Im am preparing for a cold turkey month on the lego front, shakes already....
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,825
    Whoohoo! At a store near you actually means something now. :o)

legonut80legomattLego_StarcarlqCapnRex101Hob
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    My kids start school tomorrow so took them for a treat, and I had to get the white spacemen giveaway, we went to one of the Lego stores in NJ and purchased 3 sets for them and I got my precious #5002812.

I built #41033 for and with my 4 yr old and I have to say I was impressed with the piece selection for such a small set: #6033019 and #4216709 specifically, over all a really nice set, for girls or men ;-) to build.
    edited September 2014
    It's been a strange week of non-lego related occurrences. Having watched a lady struggle with a giant penis (not as ego-building as it sounds, see my post above), The latest is:

The day before yesterday, I learned that Johnny Depp (for real) had been less than 8 miles from my house (earlier in the week), taking tea at a local cafe.

For the first time ever I couldn't help but wish i had a facebook/twitter account filled with excitable young women (ok, perhaps not for the first time), sending me up-to-the-second updates of what's happening locally, rather than finding out these things several days too late to go 'Johnny Spotting' with the rest of the Shire.

But still... ace!
    carlqGurooo
  • GuroooGurooo Member Posts: 268
    edited September 2014
    @legomatt‌ Johnny Depp is lego related! ;)
    carlqlegomatt
  • gandalfthebrickgandalfthebrick Member Posts: 40
    Managed to build the sdcc batmobile with my own pieces after finding the instructions online, hefty little build and a great final model!
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,357
    My Palace Cinema appears to have arrived early, just in time for my birthday! Now I will have something extra fun to due during all the commercials during the NFL season opener tonight.
    carlq
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 726
    edited September 2014
    ^ you only build during commercials? I can't watch TV without Lego, or rather I can't keep my husband company while he watches TV without Lego.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,331
    Detoxing from the compatible building system nastiness.... a blacktron exosuit

carlqLostInTranslationrancorbaitricecakeJenniSirKevbagsaimlesspursuitsGothamConstructionCo
    ^I like how it even has a Blacktron turtle
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    I should try that with Agents! :o)
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,156
    Now my left hand is 90% recovered following surgery on a trigger thumb, I decided to apply the stickers to my UCS tumbler I assembled with 1 hand in my first week off sick. Jeez it is delicate. I removed the upper front roof and windows to gain access to the console screen pieces, remove, apply the stickers and reassemble. The back end disintegrated about 6 times and lots of other things dropping off if you looked at them the wrong way. All done now, but what should have been a 20 min job took over an hour. Clutch seems pretty poor in places.
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    @monkeyhanger glad to hear your thumb is on the mend. Just think, you got more value out of your money because of the added building time required. ;)
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,714
    edited September 2014
    ^ where was that from?
    ^^did you keep complaining to the post carrier that they were taking too long to deliver your lego?
    @Matthew, looks like Emmet and Batman were having a tussle over Lucy while en route to you.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,714
    It was the golden combination of Tesco and Yodel, a match made in heaven...
    ^ its amazing that you actually got it at all with Yodel involved.
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,144
    Spotted! Pete aka @Legoloverman‌ & Yve in Glasgow spaceport...and enjoying the cosplay at Comic Con earlier today.
    Shib
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,825
    He doesn't look happy to be there!
    Found out I could do this in LDD:

My Question: How?
    Adzbadboy said:

My Question: How?
    ;o)
    edited September 2014
    ^^ 'Chuck Norris' button. ;o)
    rancorbait
    @Adzbadboy - Okay okay.

AdeelZubairAndor
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    Finally finished my White River Junction VT Old Post Office MOC just in time for the show in that town, setting up tomorrow. Pics in another thread!
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,228
    edited September 2014
    I've almost finished building my latest steam engine.

Well, except for needing to reduce the length of the boiler by one stud, and replacing a layer of one colour in the tender with another, and vice-versa elsewhere on the tender, and building the front of the loco, and adding small bits of detail in places, and buying and installing an IR receiver in it (the rest of the PF gubbins is already incorporated) and then, to top it all off, rebuilding almost the whole damn thing once I've ordered and received a load of elements in the correct colours.

Oh and then I have to find decals for it, get them printed, and apply them.

Then I might post a photo of it. But that probably won't be until mid-late November at the earliest. I estimate it's already taken me about 20 hours to get this far with it.
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    Getting my lego room setup. Starting with my minifig frames being hung. Not sure why the photo rotated upside down.
    jadedancAdeelZubaircarlqMiniFigHunterDrmnez
    Mathias said:

Getting my lego room setup. Starting with my minifig frames being hung. Not sure why the photo rotated upside down.

Cool; where did you purchase that frame and did you assemble the stands yourself?
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,430
    Was able to add a very special and unique piece to my collection today.

A San Diego Comic Con 2013 Spiderman 1/350 signed by Mr. Marvel himself, Stan Lee.
    CapnRex101rancorbaitaimlesspursuitsAdeelZubairBrickDancerGothamConstructionCoPitfall69carlq
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    @Adzbadboy‌ I wish I could totally take credit for those frames but I can't. Minus the minifigures the frame comes as is. It's handmade and specifically made for lego minifigures. I came across a persons online shop while searching for something else one day. I was looking for my own way of making frames but this seemed easier instead of making my own. I don't really have the time or availability for it. Lots of colors and sizes to choose from.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MissIrisCreations

Can't wait to finish my room. Will post update pics as I finish it up.
    AdeelZubair
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,093
    I have just finished disassembling #7626 Jungle Cutter in a continuing effort to create space for new sets. I think #6243 Brickbeard's Bounty will be next for the loft.
    rancorbait
    Could this morning possibly get any better? :o)

CapnRex101GothamConstructionColegomattMathiascarlq
    edited September 2014
    ^ There's a serious scale issue with that photo... Look at the size of that cup! :oP

Oh, wait... it's coffee. Scale no longer an issue.
    ;o)

The LEGO is cool, but...Skittles and Coffee???

The LEGO is cool, but...Skittles and Coffee???
    Doesn't everyone have skittles and coffee for breakfast on the weekend? ;oP

RomanticWarriorCupIsHalfEmpty
    I've got back in to moc'ing which is awesome, but damn the bricklink orders rack up quickly. Also as much as I love building with my kids its really annoying when those pieces you specifically bricklinked end up in some crazy construction the moment your backs turned.
    ShibLostInTranslationBumblepantsGothamConstructionCo
    edited September 2014
    LEGO Creator - Clockwork Robot (31038) - Teaser
    LEGO Creator - Clockwork Robot (31038) - Teaser

Some of you have may seen my LEGO Design - Teaser: flic.kr/p/ojvxFH

Well now after days of rendering all the images I can confirm that the entire portfolio of this project will be uploaded to Flickr and Youtube. I plan to finish it off very soon and it will be up before October 2014.

I will be showing my final project for Art & Design course; I was asked to create my own outcome and brief therefore I took liberty and decided to create a project based around design at LEGO. Some of you may know I’m very enthusiastic about the prospect of for working as a designer at LEGO, this would help me get familiar and practice the work process as a real LEGO designer would. Step by step you will discover the background of the design process in The LEGO Group, It will also contain a LEGO set I designed myself for the project; such as the experiments, sketch models and sketches. Below is a teaser of what is coming.

We would like the LEGO Creator team to design successful new products for 2015, you should be able to differentiate your new products from others on the market by making them unique. Systematic Creativity is about using logic and reasoning along with playfulness and imagination, to generate ideas that are new, surprising and valuable. We want to maximise the positive impact we have on children and provide children with high quality and creative play experiences; using consumer feedback to improve and strengthen the new LEGO Creator products which will be sold in 130 different countries on the market. Our marketing strategy from 2014 will continue throughout 2015 as it proved to be very effective were we had several models at the same price point, we want to provide a variety of strong affordable models to the consumers.

Note:
    I’m not affiliated with The LEGO Group; all information for the project has been provided by my knowledge of The LEGO Group though various resources such as books and the internet.
    rancorbait
  • brick47brick47 CaliforniaMember Posts: 6
    I am currently building the Seacow from the Lego movie and sorting my bricks into their colors and shapes to store away for easier access than fishing for parts at the bottom of a 20 gallon tote.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM IrelandMember Posts: 990
    Like many others I was caught off guard when this EOL'd, so I was a very happy camper when it arrived today.
    AdeelZubairrancorbaitcarlq