Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Exo suit availability and price

Comments

• BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited September 2014

I'm now almout certain that TLG are making a second batch of the exo suit and im confident they'll be sat on the shelves (and ebay) not shifting. If they don't make more RI then in their haste they've got it the wrong way around, it has far more long term demand.

I'm not sure I'd agree, at leat on the last sentence. Not that I have any inside knowledge to know, but I'd guess that they have made and sold a heap more EXO suits then RI.

They obviously could have sould a lot more RI if they produced more, but IMO if both sets never went out of stock during the last few weeks I think the the EXO Suite would have sold better than the RI and over a 2 year period (traditional standard set life) the EXO Suite would be the winner as well.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,250
    I think any exosuits being moved right now are going to retail outlets, and there is another run due (or going on now) for [email protected] and LEGO
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    In stock at Amazon.
    ^- not anymore
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,034
    Available again on [email protected] uk with shipping date of 30th Sept
    CCC
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,029
    Still not available on U.S. [email protected] - selling for an inflated price on Amazon and of course is available for a few varied amounts on Ebay. :)
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Back in stock at Target.
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 385
    In stock at Amazon. Ships the 10th.
    And out again at Amazon. But hey I saw the RI just below it for an earth shatteringly cheap $89.99 USD! ; )
  • NickF22NickF22 United KingdomMember Posts: 408
    Loads of Exo Suits at LEGO Watford yesterday.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,546
    edited September 2014
    This can't be good.

I just received a new email from lego [email protected] (yes, this late) telling me my August order of an exo-suit, which they previously emailed to inform me was put on back-order last month (which i expected to end up being one of the many September dates) is now an order placed on an 'out of stock' item... sooo... am i still backordered or not? Or have i just been demoted to a slow painful wait for an email to eventually say 'your order is now cancelled'.
    The wording is very vague as to whether they intend to fulfill or not. It asks if i'd 'like to cancel' and 'may be delayed further', just as it did when they emailed to say 'backordered'... but I'm getting the distinct feeling 'life support' has been removed and my order is now terminal.

But how can they have 'backordered' too few sets to meet the orders received (and have still kept taking orders (albeit sporadically) during that time)?

I have likewise decided to place my level of annoyance at this development on 'backorder', until an adequate amount of annoyance (or otherwise) is available later, according to eventual outcome.

:o/
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,118
    legomatt said:

But how can they have 'backordered' too few sets to meet the orders received (and have still kept taking orders (albeit sporadically) during that time)?

Because their OMS is long known to have notable shortcomings in relation to inventory allocation and FIFO order handling. Your situation unfortunately matches known patterns we've seen repeatedly

• arl100arl100 Member Posts: 35
    edited September 2014
    @legomatt, that is worrying, I haven't received one of those emails yet. My first ordered showed up a while ago, but my second order, put in 1 month ago, still shows 'Backordered'.

Having waited this long, I am prepared to stick with it to see if they will ship or the order will be cancelled.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,504
    It is back to "expected shipping date" for the UK, whereas RI is still "sold out".
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,781
    legomatt said:

This can't be good.

I just received a new email from lego [email protected] (yes, this late) telling me my August order of an exo-suit, which they previously emailed to inform me was put on back-order last month (which i expected to end up being one of the many September dates) is now an order placed on an 'out of stock' item... sooo... am i still backordered or not? Or have i just been demoted to a slow painful wait for an email to eventually say 'your order is now cancelled'.
    The wording is very vague as to whether they intend to fulfill or not. It asks if i'd 'like to cancel' and 'may be delayed further', just as it did when they emailed to say 'backordered'... but I'm getting the distinct feeling 'life support' has been removed and my order is now terminal.

I have likewise decided to place my level of annoyance at this development on 'backorder', until an adequate amount of annoyance (or otherwise) is available later, according to eventual outcome.

:o/

Are you in the UK? If so I could grab a few from the Metrocentre and post at cost.
    SirKevbagslegomatt
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 939
    I just got a shipping notification for my August 8 order which I'd initially been given a September 11 date for. Delighted. Hope yours is fulfilled too @legomatt.
    legomatt
  • kelvinlymkelvinlym GermanyMember Posts: 17
    I have just also received a notification that my set is on its way. Ordered on 5th of Aug.
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    Also available for shipping and online from kmart dot com
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited September 2014
  • BazookaJoeX9BazookaJoeX9 Member Posts: 98
    Thanks @starwarsfan77. With my Kmart points and free trial to Max I was able to order the set for $15 shipped.
  • CalvCalv Central EnglandMember Posts: 842
    Both RI and Exo-suits were on the shelf at Watford today.
    I see the price on Ebay for these hovering right around 40 - 50 USD
    @monkeyhanger most very kind of you to offer - and appreciated muchly - however no such trip is needed thankfully, as i've now got something sorted. :o)
    Loads of exo-suits in Manchester, but not a research institute to be seen.
  • jasonord69ajasonord69a UKMember Posts: 399
    Research institute back into stores in week 39. We are in week 37 now. Loads of exo suits in bluewater today.
    edited September 2014

Research institute back into stores in week 39. We are in week 37 now. Loads of exo suits in bluewater today.

Location (country)?

Everyone should be mindful that there are many different parts of the globe represented here, and one region may have an easier time getting stocks than others.
    Bluewater, London, UK
    Fingers tentatively crossed... i just had a despatch notice...
    :o,
  • bricktuarybricktuary EuropeMember Posts: 470
    Me too!
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited September 2014
    They've been constantly in stock at Manchester for a few weeks now. Presumably that means that resellers have had their fill?
  • BRCBRC Member Posts: 125
    Anyone seen it in Australia?
    BRC said:

Anyone seen it in Australia?

No, suposubly we are not going to see it in stores either. Although with them doing extra runs of these anything is possible.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,401
    I'm getting the feeling the Exo Suit will be a repeat of the Minecraft debacle. Instant sellout, shows up on [email protected] from time to time, crazy secondary prices, then it floods the market.
    cloaked7
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 977
    Is that from a reliable source Basta? The same was said from the Rover onwards and it seems there's plenty of Delorean's and Ecto's about. Secretly hoping for the chance to secure a trio or three at a Myer 3F2 closer to Christmas...
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448

I'm getting the feeling the Exo Suit will be a repeat of the Minecraft debacle. Instant sellout, shows up on [email protected] from time to time, crazy secondary prices, then it floods the market.

It may mirror Minecraft in some ways, but won't be anywhere as huge. Minecraft is truly amazing from the standpoint of popularity. And, to think that it had such humble beginnings. Minecraft surprised everyone, even the original developer. Microsoft just bought the developer (Mojang) and franchise for $2.5 billion! I don't think anyone in their wildest dreams saw it coming to that. Mind boggling.

Is that from a reliable source Basta? The same was said from the Rover onwards and it seems there's plenty of Delorean's and Ecto's about. Secretly hoping for the chance to secure a trio or three at a Myer 3F2 closer to Christmas...

Well no not reliable, a couple of people have spoken to Lego reps they have seen instore. Both told the same thing "no EXO or RI" locally.

So maybe it will show up especially as Lego have produced further batches of the EXO suit (back in stock on [email protected] as of yesterday).

From what I can tell, Lego knew they had a hit with BTTF and Ghostbusters and always planed a wider and longer run. The Rover, RI & EXO they weren't so sure about and were probably all ways meant to be one and done, they obviously they got those a little wrong :)

• emmtwosixemmtwosix Member Posts: 78
    So...any word on when this will be back in stock at [email protected] for U.S. customers?

I'm thinking it might be like the Tumbler situation, where it won't be back in stock until next year, but they've at least stated that the Tumbler won't be back in stock until next year.

I'm just curious because it could affect how I place any orders in the next two months.
    TXLegoguy
    Must be soon, it's constantly in stock at [email protected] and in store in Europe now.
    TXLegoguy
  • emmtwosixemmtwosix Member Posts: 78
    That's what I've been hoping, but how much of a difference is there between a production run that satisfies the demands of Europe and a production run that satisfies the demands of Europe AND North America?
  • knooseknoose Member Posts: 45
    edited October 2014
    It's in stock on amazon for $34.95 and I finally was able to purchase my very own!
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,085
    ^Thanks! Still up this morning.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 860
    Yes! Just got mine!
    The lack of supply may be slowing...
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,085
    Raleigh had some in today. One per family.
  • pumperxpumperx Member Posts: 106
    Target online restock it today. Limit 3 per person.
  • minicoopers11minicoopers11 USAMember Posts: 104
    Amazon regularly comes back in stock. Wait for MSRP from Amazon.
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    amazon.com has avail right meow.

Also, visited Des Peres, Mo store yesterday, and they had stock. I was told by an employee there " They are replenishing all store stock first, before refilling online outlets."

Grain of salt, and all that.