Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Question for anyone who has the Guardians of the Galaxy sets.

TheBigGuyTheBigGuy New ZealandMember Posts: 69
edited September 2014 in Collecting
I have been wondering whether or not the Groot figure will fit into the back of the Milano spaceship. I've had a look at the pictures and the instructions and it looks like it won't but you can never get a true idea of scale from pictures alone. So I was wondering if anyone who has the GOTG sets would be able to let me know for sure. Thanks in advance.
Geddes

Comments

• Zeldafanatic15Zeldafanatic15 Member Posts: 106
    No, the Groot is bigger than Hulk, and the inside is small.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    Agreed, it isn't even close. Groot is *far* too big to fit in the Milano model. If you dismantled him you'd be able to fit all the loose parts in the back, but that's about it ;-)

This custom version would fit though ...
    http://brickset.com/parts/4618589
    DiggydoesRomanticWarriorcarlqGallardoLUBeavpharmjodAdzbadboy
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,354
    As stated Groot is a big chap, but a nice build, the Milano is excellent as well even if all the guardians don't fit in.

Slightly off topic I wonder if we will see a minifigure Groot, similar to the Hulk one we got a few years back? That would be great.
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644

That would be Groot.

fixed :P
    carlqbluemoose
  • BazookaJoeX9BazookaJoeX9 Member Posts: 98
    You could get the plant found in set VW Bus and put that in the Milano. Then it's kind of like Groot is there.
  • Zeldafanatic15Zeldafanatic15 Member Posts: 106
    bluemoose said:

Agreed, it isn't even close. Groot is *far* too big to fit in the Milano model. If you dismantled him you'd be able to fit all the loose parts in the back, but that's about it ;-)

XD I do want to add the Milano is amazing, and definitely worth it.
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248

Slightly off topic I wonder if we will see a minifigure Groot, similar to the Hulk one we got a few years back? That would be great.

I would love one with the Chewbacca-style head/chest slipover combo. If there are sets for the Guardians Sequel I would hope they would do it like that. But they probably wouldn't now that the precedent has been set for friggin-huge Groot.
    yys4u
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,108
    ^might depend on what size Groot is in what scenes for the next film. I wouldn't hold out too much for one, and I'd be very surprised if they did a standard big fig style Groot now, but it's very plausible we'll see a different version of Groot.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,322
    bluemoose said:

I have lanyard that I wear at the school I teach at that I have customized to hold Minifigures. I had all the Guardians on yesterday but since Groot is too big I had Rocket holding this piece. Got some laughs out of my students when they asked where Groot was.

• AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,615
    You could make a Groot minifigure; here is my concept:
    LEGO Guardians of the Galaxy - Minifigure Concept Design - Groot
    dannyrww
  • TheBigGuyTheBigGuy New ZealandMember Posts: 69
    Thanks everyone for your comments, they have been very helpful.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,501
    edited September 2014
    I saw this custom one on flickr, all existing lego molds (but obviously painted) ...
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    They should use the same legs that president business has, the ones with the extensions glued on, only make them brown with a large over the torso head. That would have been way better than the goofy looking build he is now.