Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,242
    ^ He has some really good stuff on there. Love how a lot of his stuff makes use of parts you normally can't figure out what to do with. Love the cage match setup.
    legomattbobabricks
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,938
    @vitreolum‌ - reminds me of Clockwerk the owl from the Sly Cooper games on the PS2.
    binaryeye
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,226
    @vitreolum‌ - when you look around do you see everything in Lego form?
    vitreolumChrisbstmAndor
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406

@vitreolum‌ - reminds me of Clockwerk the owl from the Sly Cooper games on the PS2.

Not familiar with that, pc gamer here. :) The idea is from clash of the titans.
    Shib said:

@vitreolum‌ - when you look around do you see everything in Lego form?

Not really, but I do look at certain things and picture them in Lego form. :)
    Chrisbstm
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    graphite said:

^ He has some really good stuff on there. Love how a lot of his stuff makes use of parts you normally can't figure out what to do with. Love the cage match setup.

That was one of the things I noticed, He's used things like dino parts for cars and the IJ boulder for a motorcycle. I also love how he has no motives towards movies and themes (star wars clone battle dioramas etc.) and he can create a whole world.
  • jgrahljgrahl Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2014
    An ice bucket challenge that I modeled after one of my friend's videos
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/jgrahl/15084144686/
    bobabricksGalactus
    That round plate on the elbow makes it look so good.
    bobabricks
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474

this is NOT me but I think this guy does amazing stuff. I found him through his BrickLink store after ordering there. :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nannanz/sets/72157600312881580/

AMAZING STUFF!!!
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    edited September 2014

Micro Exo-suit:

Micro Exo-suit

Here's the LDD file if anyone is interested:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rancorbait/Files/micro_exo-suit.lxf

@rancobait: You are getting so good at your creations really inspiring, thanks for the LDD.
    rancorbait
    For those not familiar with this, during a certain Sabbath concert someone threw and unconscious bat on stage, and Ozzy thinking it was a rubber toy bit it's head off.

performingsongwriter.com/ozzys-urban-legend/

Possible entry to MOColympics category "Embarrassing moments in history".

Ozzy Biting the Head of a Bat in Style (Iain style that is)
    BumblepantsricecakerancorbaitbobabricksTechnicNickGothamConstructionCoChrisbstmGalactus
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,877
    ^sweet pant-hands
    That looks to me more like an awesome robot head than a ship.
    bobabricksAdzbadboy
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,088
    vitreolum said:

For those not familiar with this, during a certain Sabbath concert someone threw and unconscious bat on stage, and Ozzy thinking it was a rubber toy bit it's head off.

performingsongwriter.com/ozzys-urban-legend/

I remember that the bat-biting was part of his show back in the early 80's and once (in Des Moines, Iowa) one bite him back and he had to take a round of rabies shots!

vitreolum said:

That looks to me more like an awesome robot head than a ship.

Yes, looks like you need to keep building onto that one @rancorbait. ;)
    @ecmo47 I've no clue which is the actual fact about this, there's too many versions. :)) As far as I know, Ozzy's last version is that he did it by mistake.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was that way and then he started doing it on purpose in future shows when he realized that's damn good publicity.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    ^ I think I was staring at that for about a minute before I noticed the syringes. My favorite bit is the plant with the red jewels; nice technique there.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,275
    ^^ That is a brilliant use of the Alien Clinger piece. You seem to find uses for all those Alien Conquest pieces!
    @binaryeye Thanks.

@CapnRex101 Somehow I keep using them over and over again, I even tried implementing the tentacles, but they're too big for such a small vig.
    binaryeye said:

^ I think I was staring at that for about a minute before I noticed the syringes. My favorite bit is the plant with the red jewels; nice technique there.

Sooner or later someone is going to point out an unusual part in a @vitreolum‌ vignette that isnt actually there and I'll likely lose a whole day looking for it. Another crackin scene!
    @Shib I found red 2x4 brick. ;P
  • minifignickminifignick UKMember Posts: 107
    Built for the EXO RAWR Contest over on Flickr

@Shib I found red 2x4 brick. ;P

Why you little...
    bobabricksvitreolumplasmodiumcarlq
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,088
    edited September 2014
    I finally recieved all the parts for my observation car. This is the 3 window version but could easily have 4 or 5 per side depending on your budget. Abe's hat is too tall so he has to sit to give his speech! I see that I forgot the 2x2 round on the end for a drumhead logo. The baggage car is one of three that I built. One was a 24 stud base and the other 2 are the 28 stud base. I like the offset windows on this version.
    bobabricksbluedragonEKSamklatu003ChrisbstmcarlqCapnRex101TheLoneTensor
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    ^absolutely beautiful @brickedin
  • brickedinbrickedin London, UKMember Posts: 450
    ^^ thanks @jadedanc, glad you like it.
    ^That cannon fire is awesome, I love how you managed to get the feel of action/movement in some of these mocs @vitreolum‌
    bobabricks
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,625
    edited September 2014
    @vitreolum‌ How many parts do roughly have in your collection? Do you keep all your MOCs together? It's pretty amazing how quickly you build these MOC each day and they are not quick small builds but you try an keep them quite large and that's some skill.
    I don't have many parts, an estimation would be a full death star box. This one's special, I've ordered the bars, tan arms and dark brown parts specifically for this build.

And no, I'm not keeping any of my mocs built. although I'd want to sometimes.
    Adzbadboy
  • zipsforbananaszipsforbananas WalesMember Posts: 250
    ^^^^My favourite detail is the upside-down tan grass below the leaves on the palm tree. It makes it look so much like the real thing, that's a mindblowingly simple by effective part use!
    This thread is kinda becoming MOCs by vitreolum and guests, but that's no bad thing, you can add me to the growing vitreolum fan club!
    Bumblepantsklatu003ModelMama
  • kyrotekkyrotek Southampton, UKMember Posts: 212
    Everyday this thread reminds me that keeping my sets separate is just a bit wrong and I should store them by colour or part and use my imagination more...
    klatu003Jennilegomatt
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,938
    vitreolum said:

My Mocolympics entry:

I usually follow MOColympics, but I haven't seen that one yet. So much better than many of the other entries! I know the worse ones obviously get weeded out as the competition goes on, but the standard at the beginning is pretty low. But still, it's a good idea that a lot of people get involved.
    TechnicNick
    It's going to be fun, never participated in something like that before. Just hope I don't get weeded after the second round. :))
    plasmodiumTechnicNick
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,625
    LEGO Life of George - Captain America
    LEGO Life of George - Captain America
    zipsforbananasbobabricksChrisbstmAndorlegomatt
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 719
    "This thread is kinda becoming MOCs by vitreolum and guests, but that's no bad thing, you can add me to the growing vitreolum fan club!" @zipsforbananas

LOL and yes, @Vitreolum just keeps on giving us great creative builds to look at and show the variety that is possible with our bricks. The palm tree is fantastic! I know I have enough parts to achieve more in the MOC world, if I could just give up "possessing" my sets. I take them apart, store, build others, take apart, store and bring them out them out in rotation for endless building entertainment. Once I borrowed parts for a MOC, and then was frustrated finding them again to rebuild the original set.

@brickedin - Your surf shop is an inspiration! I think I will have to steal your design for my city.

@andyscouse - Love your recreation of this real world building.
    bobabricksvitreolumandyscouse
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    edited September 2014
    @klatu003 - thank you! We informed the occupants of that building (now the School for Comic Arts) that there'd be a representation of their building at "Glory Days of the Railroad" on Sat Sep 13 ... so maybe we'll get a few popping over to view it! It'll be in amongst our layout, along with another WRJ building, the very train station the exhibition is housed in (built by a fellow NELUG member).
    klatu003
  • markarm919markarm919 USAMember Posts: 60
    edited September 2014
    I built this as a birthday gift for my sister in law. She's an art history master's student and absolutely loves Piet Mondrian. I also got to know the guys at the Tyson's Corner Lego Store a little bit better while I spent 1.5 hours there building it out.
    carlqJenniChrisbstmvitreolumklatu003pricey73GothamConstructionCoricecakeEKSam
    @klatu003 I'm actually the same when it comes to sets, I never use them in mocs, will only take a part or two out of them when I really need it. Luckily for me, there's plenty of sets I only need the minifigs from and I can use the parts for mocs without a care.