Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Star Wars 2014

Comments

• rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    I am curious as to how the microfighter AT-AT design will compare to mine...
    pharmjodbkpr
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Given the part count of yours, it will be considerably less impressive. ;)
  • Stvoyager04Stvoyager04 Member Posts: 117
    I would also guess the minifig will be sitting on it's back rather than it's head.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,298

Many thanks to @just2good for bringing in the good news. I am absolutely delighted with how this looks!
    [Deleted User]drdavewatfordPitfall69GothamConstructionCojust2goodbrickupdateAdeelZubair
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2014
    It's super awesome. VIP + LEGO Store = Day-One-Buy
    I will just be waiting for the High Res' pictures, so I can glue my eyes to the screen.
    Thank the Heavens.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,980
    NavyAsk said:

It's super awesome. Day-1-buy for me.

Do we know when day 1 is yet? I will also be looking to get this sharpish. It doesn't look massively bigger than the last incarnation (system), but it looks a lot more accurate in shape.

Pitfall69
  • NavyAsk said:

It's super awesome. Day-1-buy for me.

Do we know when day 1 is yet? I will also be looking to get this sharpish. It doesn't look massively bigger than the last incarnation (system), but it looks a lot more accurate in shape.

Some says November, but we cannot be sure, yet.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,423
    Love it!!! Are any of the minifigures unique to the set? It doesn't look as though they are except for the Bespin Security Guard. His uniform looks a bit too light if you ask me.
  • Pitfall69 said:

Love it!!! Are any of the minifigures unique to the set? It doesn't look as though they are except for the Bespin Security Guard. His uniform looks a bit too light if you ask me.

Well, Boba Fett is pretty exclusive, for now. #ArmPrinting
  • edgarallanpoe1422edgarallanpoe1422 AustraliaMember Posts: 131
    Probably the best you can do for that model on that scale, and it's a solid addition to the UCS roster, but I'm not jumping out of my seat over it. Personally I'd prefer to the see something like a UCS Republic Gunship in the 2500+ piece range, but I'm not complaining.
    NavyAsk said:

Pitfall69 said:

I can't tell. There's arm printing?

• The_Sly_FoxThe_Sly_Fox Member Posts: 42
    Looks pretty good. Pity about the stickers. There are at least a dozen on the ship alone.
  • Pitfall69 said:

NavyAsk said:

Pitfall69 said:

I can't tell. There's arm printing?

Yeah, pretty sure. Just take a close look, both arms.
    But I am still wondering if the "cape" is new...?
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    Meh. I've never been a fan of the Slave-1. One of the ugliest Star Wars ships. I think it's popular because it's Boba Fett's ship. Honestly, the last few UCS sets haven't justified their price point.
    Boba Fett has a cult following and anything associated with him is popular as well.

You see the same thing with memorabilia. Anything associated with a famous person will be collectible and worth more.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,980
    3.5 x the number of pieces used in the 8097 seems pretty good at justifying its UCS credentials to me. They really do need to ditch the stickers for UCS sets though.
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    Looks good for those UCS collectors, I suppose. Nice to see that the top is sleeker and more true to the actual ship than #6209 and #8097

I'm most surprised that they didn't toss in a never-before-done minifig like 4L0M or something.
    kor
    ^or Zuckuss
    RomanticWarrior
  • CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 223
    As a starwars UCS collector this set makes me muchly happy :-)
    The fact non-carbonite Han is in this set instead of Lando gives me hope for a Cloud City playset.
  • ShatteredGnomeShatteredGnome Docking Bay 94, Mos Eisley, TatooineMember Posts: 32
    Oh, I want it so bad. That right there is the most awesome model of Slave-I in LEGO I've ever seen. I made my own a few years ago (see avatar), but this is much bigger and more detailed than I could have hoped it would be. Can't wait to see all the little surprises.

The only thing I wish it had was at least another bounty hunter minifigure, like Dengar or 4-LOM. The rest look fine, and the new prints for Boba, with ARM PRINTING are great.

Boba Fett does have a cult following, and for some reason I just really like the character, despite his few lines in the OT films. Anyway, that's certainly affecting how cool I think this is. While some don't see the appeal of the Slave-I, I think it's one of the most awesome ships out there. (For me, second only to the Millennium Falcon.)
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,265
    I want to check this out in person. I'll probably get it anyway just to keep up with the display UCS sets but will be interesting to see how it compares in size and design to Anio's one that I already built.
  • epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    What I would like to post severely breaks the "no bad language" section of the rules, so I'm just going to say this:

Cool.
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    I think it's very well done and I'll get it for sure. Like some other have mentioned I am a bit disappointed that LEGO didn't take this opportunity to release some characters that have yet to be made in LEGO form.
  • epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    edited September 2014
    ^ then people would complain that they don't want to buy a $200 set for X character. Look at the Tumbler thread.
    LEGO can't win :P
    RomanticWarrior
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    It looks pretty awesome! You gotta love the new Canopy!
    But will the back look like this? :
    bluedragonAdeelZubair
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,840
    legomatt said:

It's Vader, he could be wearing clown make-up under that helmet and nobody would know... :oP

If you actually look closely at some scenes in the OT you can see the actor's eyes through Vader's mask.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 668
    Such a missed opportunity minifigure-wise. A $200, triple-sized model gets almost the same minifig selection as the 2006/2010 $50/80 versions?

Perfect opportunity for 4-Lom and Zuckuss, Bespin versions of the main cast, an ugnaught... any number of minifigs besides what we get. Slightly updated versions of Boba Fett, Carbonite Han, and Bespin Guard, plus a Stormtrooper we recently had in a $10 battlepack. I guess I should be happy that there aren't any crazy awesome exclusive figs so I can save some money. It looks like a good representation, but I'm satisfied with my little 2006 version.
    margot

Many thanks to @just2good for bringing in the good news. I am absolutely delighted with how this looks!

No! no good news! You know how much money I'm losing over here?! :P
    @GIR3691 I'm just thankful it did not come with a cloud city Lando, I just dumped $80 on the old one. :P
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    This is pretty much flawless in my eyes.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,356
    edited September 2014
    This looks like yet another model that the pictures make look much smaller than it actually is not to the same degree as they did with the Sandcrawler, but trying to really eye it next to the minifigures i think its going to be pretty sizable!
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    for those complaining about the figures included in the new Slave I, answer me this: what characters are on screen when Slave I is also on screen? Zuckuss? nope. 4-LOM? nope. Bossk?? still nope. no IG-88 either. in fact as far as this ship goes they added about as many different figures as they could based on its scenes. personally I have been begging for the above figures, and I would have been ecstatic had they been included. but logically they don't belong with Slave I, not in the OT versions anyway. so I personally can not blame Lego for the selection here. I can only hope that we get a 4-LOM and Zuckuss in the future, though I've no idea what they could be included with (episode VII ?)
    bobabricks
  • VortexVortex Pakistan/USMember Posts: 342
    Well my observation was that the box itself looks quite inspired by the Sandcrawler box. Similar color palette . Very pretty
    I was really trying to zoom in on the top face of the box to check the dimensions when fully constructed. It's breaks well before leaving me to imagine the digits I'd like to see , for example the first time I looked , I made my self imagine a 25.1"
  • cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 806
    Its about 57 studs long.
    I counted at least 48 , better with 57
    @Vortex early rumors placed it at similar size as the new Star Destroyer which measured out to be about 22 inches long (Lego advertises "More than 19") so your eyes might be better than you think. only time will tell :)
    Vortex
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
    NavyAsk said:

It's super awesome. VIP + LEGO Store = Day-One-Buy
    I will just be waiting for the High Res' pictures, so I can glue my eyes to the screen.
    Thank the Heavens.

Here ya go, high-res: https://www.flickr.com/photos/just2good/sets/72157647152333612/

:)

[Deleted User]
    edited September 2014
    Now that looks just around 18" in length. I measured the 2006 edition and that's just under 12" . Yes I i admit we're obsessed with sizes.... when it comes to UCS :)
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,653
    Seems to be a bit of inconsistency with the stickers in the various photos. One of the two dk. green half circles above the wing in the white background photo appears to have a 'battle damage' sticker while the complimentary brick does not. Meanwhile the box art photo has no stickers in this area.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    edited September 2014
    Can't wait for the designer video where they brag about all of the useful dark green and red elements... as if those people are buying it for the parts.
    [Deleted User]
    GIR3691 said:

Slightly updated versions of Boba Fett, Carbonite Han, and Bespin Guard, plus a Stormtrooper we recently had in a $10 battlepack.

The only set this Stormtrooper has appeared in is the most recent Star Destroyer.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    mathew said:

Can't wait for the designer video where they brag about all of the useful dark green and red elements... as if those people are buying it for the parts.

While generally people aren't buying these UCS sets to part out, pointing out the new piece/color combinations is still useful because it lets us know that those pieces are likely to be released in other sets (or PAB/Bulk Buy, etc) in the not too distant future.

• suprajamessuprajames UK SussexMember Posts: 366
    Looks very good and well worth using all my VIP points I have been saving up :), looks like you get a stand and the usual UCS fact card with it, shame no such card appeared in the last UCS set, the Sandcrawler, for £250 thought they might at least include one.
    I look forward to putting this one next to my last two previous versions though, figure wise its true to the film so I am happy. Just hope its not going to be too pricey, my guess is around the £110-£120 mark.

Seems to be a bit of inconsistency with the stickers in the various photos. One of the two dk. green half circles above the wing in the white background photo appears to have a 'battle damage' sticker while the complimentary brick does not. Meanwhile the box art photo has no stickers in this area.

The Battle damage isn't on all sides of those green parts, the "white background side" is the only one with significant damage, and that’s only on the "nose" side. The cover art picture is the other side of the ship. And the reference images for that show no damage at all. It might be odd only having a sticker on 1 of 4 similar parts but the damage it is showing is correct.
  • kekekekekeke united kingdomMember Posts: 33

Looks very good and well worth using all my VIP points I have been saving up :), looks like you get a stand and the usual UCS fact card with it, shame no such card appeared in the last UCS set, the Sandcrawler, for £250 thought they might at least include one.
    I look forward to putting this one next to my last two previous versions though, figure wise its true to the film so I am happy. Just hope its not going to be too pricey, my guess is around the £110-£120 mark.

We'll...considering the 2010 release 8097 has only 573 pieces and costs £81.99 ...I will be very surprised if this set is less than £150. My guess £179...
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 668

for those complaining about the figures included in the new Slave I, answer me this: what characters are on screen when Slave I is also on screen? Zuckuss? nope. 4-LOM? nope. Bossk?? still nope. no IG-88 either. in fact as far as this ship goes they added about as many different figures as they could based on its scenes. personally I have been begging for the above figures, and I would have been ecstatic had they been included. but logically they don't belong with Slave I, not in the OT versions anyway. so I personally can not blame Lego for the selection here. I can only hope that we get a 4-LOM and Zuckuss in the future, though I've no idea what they could be included with (episode VII ?)

roxiobobabricks
    ^Thank you :) I was going to mention that. There are more than just that set as well. Why is Han with the last A-Wing?
    bobabricks