Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Disney Princesses

2»

Comments

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,453
    I don't know if I could deal with a pink train. I'm still getting used to the Horizon Express.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Our collecting pre-Lego was Disney with a focus on Disneyland and before that any and all Disney! I like the friends sets so I'm especially happy about these sets. While I don't expect it to come to fruition my dream is that Cinderella's Castle Romance will rival the Taj Mahal in size, number of bricks and complexity!
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,404
    ^ A six thousand part castle?

Yea, totally, that would be a halo product for sure, and they could price it at $499 and put it in the shop at Disney World and it would sell.

Why? Because they sell dinners in Cinderella's Castle that for a family of 4 end up costing $400+ and they sell out far in advance while doing so, along with the $150 dress that goes along with it (which is really nice and professionally made, much nicer than the cheap $39 dresses)

Note, for those who don't know...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/cinderella-royal-table/

Expensive, but from what I've heard from a friend who has done it, it worth every single penny. A friend of mine has a 7 year old daughter and while it is expensive as all can be, your little girl gets to meet Cinderella and have her picture taken with her. From what they told me, they really go all out for this to make it special.

Disney costs an arm and a leg to do, but there is nothing else like it on Earth. A week there can easily cost you $10K, so frankly a $500 Cinderella's Castle on the scale of Taj Mahal is not crazy.
    @LegoFanTexas We spent 13 days at WDW when hubby retired (no kids, just us). We didn't do the Cinderella Castle dinner, but a dinner for four at Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge, back in 2002, cost over $400 with no alcohol. And you're right, a Lego Cinderella's castle would sell, and sell, and sell!
    On the other hand, with the new Princess Friends coming out they could do the Trolley from Toon Town, along with other park sets such as the horse drawn trolley, etc.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,417
    I wouldn't mind a pink (or purple or lime or pastel) train. If it is in keeping with Friends sets and it gets (a subset of) girls playing with trains when they might not have otherwise done so, then where's the harm?

I wouldn't buy it, but I don't have to like or buy all lego sets.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,450
    Has anyone heard anything about any more sets in the Disney Princess theme, my girlfriends getting the lego bug and these have fueled it a bit (although she'd prefer to see minifigs instead of minidolls) and any rumours will only help :-P
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,771
    edited August 2014
    Rumored list for 2015 (from just2good at EB):
    #41060 Aurora's Bedroom
    #41061 Jasmine's Exotic Adventure
    #41062 Elsa's Glittering Ice Palace
    #41063 Ariel's Underwater Castle
    RomanticWarriorJenniRonyar
    A Frozen set (while not entirely unexpected) would be a surprise, unless something has changed I didn't think either Anna or Elsa were official princesses yet. Although I suppose that might happen soon, I can certainly imagine them doing it for the winter season for good publicity shots etc
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    Shib said:

I didn't think either Anna or Elsa were official princesses yet.

Elsa was Queen, and Anna Princess (first in line after Elsa) sounds to me like they fit the princess line.

side note: I've watch that movie too much...
    ^I'm aware of the story, but the Disney Princesses line applies to specific characters who have been officially announced as Princesses - usually tied into the theme parks
    BuriedinBricks
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,358
    edited August 2014
    I read that Frozen is scheduled for official princess canonization/coronation/whatever this winter.

I look forward to the Aladdin set. Was my favorite Disney film as a kid. Here is to hoping the set isn't too skimpy on parts/design
    ^Which makes sense, I wondered if they might do that from the start so they could have Elsa at Christmas/snowy events at the parks
    andhe
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    Wow, I didn't realize princesses from Disney movies might not be official Disney princesses. learn something new every day.
    mdelleman
    I thought it was stupid when I first heard it too, but when you realise that its tied up with merchandising licences it starts to make sense.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,394
    I was always irritated with the fact Mulan is considered a Princess. I mean I like the movie (and actually the legend behind that too), but she is not a princess in the context of the film.
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 474
    ^ Pocahontas isn't a princess either, but she's part of the Disney Princess line up. Both she and Mulan both apparently fit the princess mythology which is why they're included. Like @shib said, it's all about merchandising.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,417
    "Leading Females" doesn't resonate as well as Princess for little girls. I'd say Leading Ladies, but not all are strictly ladies either.
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,411
    Just to be clear there are 11 official Disney princesses right now:
    Snow White
    Cinderella
    Aurora
    Ariel
    Belle
    Jasmine
    Pocahontas
    Mulan
    Tiana
    Rapunzel
    Merida

Anna will be made one this year, but not Elsa

Merchandising has a lot to do with up who is and isn't a princess, but I also believe one of the rules is, to be a princess you must appear in a film that has received a full cinematic release (I.e. Not straight to DVD or direct for TV). Odd fact, Tinkerbell was originally a Disney Princess but removed from the 'roster' so she could star in her own series of films and develop her own persona within Disney.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,572
    I just watched Frozen for the first time with my niece and nephew. Really really enjoyed it. I can't wait for the ice palace set next year now!
    Shib said:

I thought it was stupid when I first heard it too, but when you realise that its tied up with merchandising licences it starts to make sense.

This, they have a big celebration at Walt Disney World, they make a big deal out of the coronation of a new Princess. Tens of thousands of girls travel there to watch it, it matters to Disney. :)

I just watched Frozen for the first time with my niece and nephew. Really really enjoyed it. I can't wait for the ice palace set next year now!

Yes, and the irony is that it go so little publicity, I don't think Disney expected it to do so well.

It really is a good movie, better than many they have done over the years.

I hear Frozen 2 is already in production.

Do keep in mind that Frozen has already passed Toy Story III as the highest grossing animated movie of all time, and it is giving the top 5 list for ANY movie a run for its money.
    Correction...

According to BoxOfficeMojo, Frozen has passed Iron Man 3 to become the 5th highest grossing film of all time.

Of any movie, live action or otherwise... Almost $1.3 billion, and it hasn't even been out a year...

Only Avatar, Titanic, The Avengers, and Harry Potter 7 Part 2 have made more, and frankly I think Frozen may still pass HP to become the 4th highest, it is only 75 million away.