Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,038
    I know I know. I do have everything either boxed or bagged to help alleviate some of those concerns but I know it's not a perfect fix - it will have to do for now.

I have actually invested a bit more than I originally wanted too in plastic crates that snap shut. I have been able to place all my built sets plus most small to medium sized boxes in those.

All my large boxed sets - HH, TH, Mods, KJ, etc. are taped in large plastic bags.

One day that elusive LEGO room/basement will come to fruition!
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,546
    edited August 2014
    ^ Isn't @Legoboy the chap with the 300 ft long bedroom, whom needed binoculars to view the TV screen? (I may be exaggerating some details)... But if so, I suspect what he calls a 'shed' is larger than the entire footprint my entire home and both gardens occupy, and it probably contains fully equipped gymnasium, health spa, beach resort, and a small undiscovered tribe who relocated because the amazon rainforest felt a bit pokey.

:oP
    carlq
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    After seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark on the big screen for the first time last night, I'm again amazed that LEGO never produced a Sallah minifigure.
    Pitfall69GothamConstructionCo
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,356
    legomatt said:

^ Isn't @Legoboy the chap with the 300 ft long bedroom, whom needed binoculars to view the TV screen? (I may be exaggerating some details)... But if so, I suspect what he calls a 'shed' is larger than the entire footprint my entire home and both gardens occupy, and it probably contains fully equipped gymnasium, health spa, beach resort, and a small undiscovered tribe who relocated because the amazon rainforest felt a bit pokey.

:oP

Not sure about that, although he has a shed in the back where he keeps his wood. It must have been "hard" to "erect" a shed for his "wood". I think there are sheep back there too ;)

GothamConstructionColegomattcarlq
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 725

A belated Happy birthday @Legopants. Hope you received the kind of presents that rattle.

Watch what you wish for when it comes to "rattle", it could be copy-cat brands. o_o
    Oh you can tell when it's Lego ;o)
    carlq
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 470
    Had confirmation from @MinifigsMe‌ that my two sets of custom number plate tiles have been dispatched. Looking forward to giving one of the sets to my best friend to place on her Lego Mini Cooper as they match the number plates on her full size Mini Cooper.
    margot
    Pitfall69 said:

legomatt said:

^ Isn't @Legoboy the chap with the 300 ft long bedroom, whom needed binoculars to view the TV screen? (I may be exaggerating some details)... But if so, I suspect what he calls a 'shed' is larger than the entire footprint my entire home and both gardens occupy, and it probably contains fully equipped gymnasium, health spa, beach resort, and a small undiscovered tribe who relocated because the amazon rainforest felt a bit pokey. :oP

Not sure about that, although he has a shed in the back where he keeps his wood.
    His wood... or Forest? That's probably where the unknown tribe is living. :oP
    carlq
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,038
    legomatt said:

Pitfall69 said:

legomatt said:

^ Isn't @Legoboy the chap with the 300 ft long bedroom, whom needed binoculars to view the TV screen? (I may be exaggerating some details)... But if so, I suspect what he calls a 'shed' is larger than the entire footprint my entire home and both gardens occupy, and it probably contains fully equipped gymnasium, health spa, beach resort, and a small undiscovered tribe who relocated because the amazon rainforest felt a bit pokey. :oP

Not sure about that, although he has a shed in the back where he keeps his wood.
    His wood... or Forest? That's probably where the unknown tribe is living. :oP
    Perhaps a revival of forestmen in the next castle release?
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    The Collector has arrived, next stop is the Framers!
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,021
    Just want to say thanks to @Huw‌ for his updates today (well, yesterday now) whilst the forum was down. It was helpful to know it wasn't just me.

Thanks @Huw‌
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    I can't believe I made it trough almost a whole day without the forum!
    BumblepantsvitreolumGothamConstructionCo
  • messymessy CambridgeshireMember Posts: 238
    Got back from a couple of weeks away (without internet access!) last night to find that the forum was down, and even worse that my exo-suit and research institute had not been left with the neighbours as specified but thrown over the side gate, thankfully they survived two thunderstorms with only minor box damage!
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,970
    In a continuing effort to create more shelf space to display newly acquired sets, today I have decided to disassemble #7037 Tower Raid. Nice little set - I'll be sorry to see it go.

• CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,263
    ^ You're opening it? Congratulations! I don't have that much courage :o)
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,111
    I was lucky enough to be able to get to the bluewater signing event so I got two signed. One signed to me that I promptly open and built and one to keep boxed which Pete was kind enough to sign "to future explorers" - if I only had the one I'd still have opened it though.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850

^ You're opening it? Congratulations! I don't have that much courage :o)

Well, I really didn't want to at first, but after some thought I realized there wasn't much sense in keeping it sealed unless I plan to sell it, which of course I don't. Plus, it just didn't feel right to keep a sealed box with "enjoy the build" on it :o)

I'm definitely keeping the box at it's best condition though. And thank you @Huw for all that bubble wrap ;o)
    GothamConstructionCoCapnRex101aimlesspursuitsBumblepantsPitfall69ShibmargotcarlqAdzbadboy
    I wouldn't have done it. I would have bought another one to build.
    Saw a Fabuland figure in a junk shop...had to buy it for giggles!
    vitreolumflowerpotgirlPitfall69BumblepantscarlqLego_StarGothamConstructionCo
    ^ Picture please!
    There were two exactly the same, only grabbed the one. Doc brown is trying to figure out exactly what it is :-P

Lego_StarvitreolumcarlqPitfall69
    Ew(e)! ;o)
    ShibcarlqPitfall69Bumblepants
    edited August 2014
    'Dolly the sheep' perfected for lonely farmers. ;oP
    vitreolumcarlqBrickDancerPitfall69Shib
    Wow, what a sheepskate. You should have bought them both ;)
    carlqShiblegomatt
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,654
    disappointed. My favorite Walmart for clearance Lego had a 'fire incident' recently where someone set the artificial flowers on fire setting off the sprinklers and closing the store for some time. Now that it is reopened it looks as if a lot if not all of the merchandise was lost from smoke/water damage and they are restocking the whole place. The clearance aisles are no more, probably salvaged.
    Pitfall69 said:

Wow, what a sheepskate. ;)

Baaaaaaaaah, humbug. ;o)
    ^That was baaaaad. Thanks for mutton.
    legomattGothamConstructionCo
  • gandalfthebrickgandalfthebrick Member Posts: 40
    We'll I've passed my gcses and done a lot better than expected - I think a tumbler is in order to celebrate :D
    CapnRex101JenniLegoboycarlq
    I'm Lego disconnected. At present I could push an articulated lorry faster and further on elbow crutches than my internet connection can push a few packets of data. It makes a dial up modem look like a Bugatti Veyron travelling at full tilt!
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    edited August 2014
    Getting excited, Traveling to London again tomorrow for work but this time i get to see the Notting Hill Carnival.
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,615
    edited August 2014
    I Won BrickTsar's Contest on Youtube

Hey I didn't expect to win. Only if it were a bigger set...

I Won BrickTsar's Contest on Youtube
    carlqvitreolumrancorbaitGothamConstructionCoRomanticWarriormargot
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    It's my 21st birthday today! It would have been completely devoid of LEGO though if it weren't at least one great Bricksetter. But I think I should go and celebrate the appropriate way and go buy some more LEGO. A trip to the LEGO Store may be on the cards... :-)
    Lego_StarShiblegomattAdzbadboycarlqmargotGothamConstructionCo
    Happy Birthday @TheOneVeyronian
    Happy Birthday @TheOneVeyronian‌!

They should have Mixels series 3, I heard Lego brand stores were launching them Wednesday.
  • SimesHimselfSimesHimself Member Posts: 27
    "Waiting for missing parts and PAB to arrive in the post..."
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 258
    2 year old's birthday today. Wife's friend gave him a bag of large mega blocs... Trying to maintain composure. The Mini Cooper arrived today so that helped.
    Pitfall69carlqbadgersandwich
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    Happy 21st for yesterday, Emma! (And how lovely to hear a 21-year-old whose idea of a celebration is a Lego Store trip rather than getting hammered in a pub crawl...;-))
    Lego_StarTheOneVeyronian
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Sad that I'll never get to own an exosuit (except maybe a real one in some space age future)
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Trying to explain to my son how telling his friend we would get him the Ewok Village for his birthday wasn't the best thing to do. My son is so used to me getting good clearance deals that he was sure I would make it happen.
    Gurooobinaryeye
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    carlq said:

And how lovely to hear a 21-year-old whose idea of a celebration is a Lego Store trip rather than getting hammered in a pub crawl...;-)

Yep... pub crawls and even drinking in general never appealed to me, I'd much rather spend too much money on LEGO instead... which is what I did when I went in to get Series 3 Mixels and went out with a #10242 Mini Cooper instead (as well as the Mixels) ;-)
    margotcarlqJenniGothamConstructionCoRomanticWarrior
  • Bob123Bob123 Member Posts: 46
    Currently selling for bigger sets ($200-$500) and for MOCs, however I still have a big collection.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    Currently stood at the Grafitti Wall at the Sandown event. Where are going with this Sam?
    Lego_StarPenkid11GothamConstructionCoStormKitty
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    Of course. A rocket!
    Lego_StarPenkid11JenniGothamConstructionCoStormKitty
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Someone took a nap on the FB mosaic!
    Lego_StarcheshirecatJennicarlqStormKitty
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 745
    Built my Mini this evening. Very enjoyable :-)
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755

It's my 21st birthday today! It would have been completely devoid of LEGO though if it weren't at least one great Bricksetter. But I think I should go and celebrate the appropriate way and go buy some more LEGO. A trip to the LEGO Store may be on the cards... :-)

Wow! Happy 21st to you on my Mom's BD! Lego Store sounds like a great idea on your birthday. Hope you brought home some goodies!
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,460
    I just built my first Geoffrey Giraffe tonight. :)
    carlq
    My Place at University of East London is Confirmed!

My Place at University of East London is Confirmed!

Many of you know I'm very enthusiastic about the prospect of working as a Designer at LEGO.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157645785522606/#

Now I need to put my head down and work hard.

"Play Hard, Work Better" - John-Henry Harris, LEGO Designer
    CapnRex101Lego_StarGothamConstructionCocarlqmessy
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,263
    @Adzbadboy‌ - Congratulations! I got a place at Durham on A-level results day :o)
    AdzbadboyLego_StarGothamConstructionCocarlq
    edited August 2014
    Thanks @CapnRex101, Congratulations to you too :)