Halloween Bat Set 40090

LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
edited August 2014 in Collecting
How cute is this?

I just found it at South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, California.
binaryeyericecakemargotdougtsLego_StarpreverebobabricksherekittykittyLostInTranslationGCSLegoSarahIsabellacarlqwhataslackerT_LarsMorkMan

Comments

• binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    I hope that makes it to [email protected] What was the price?
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    @‌binaryeye
    It sells for $9.99. I'm sure it will go to [email protected] Maybe the B&M stores are a bit ahead as my store also has all of the advent calendars now.
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    A Halloween set last year was the Witch's Head (I wish I'd grabbed a few more of those), so I'm curious to see what the Halloween poly will be this year. This bat, though, is really kind of cool looking!
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,834
    TRU will be getting #40055 at some point.
  • lessjunkfoodlessjunkfood United StatesMember Posts: 60
    LOVED the Witch's Head poly last year, bought several. Looking forward to seeing the Halloween merch take over the back-to-school area at Target in the next couple weeks & see what this year's poly will be.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    edited August 2014
    The Witch head went on brown clearance at TRUs that still had them so ~$0.90 each. Picked up a bunch for the parts. I looks like last years seasonal polys have transformed into the seasonal $9.99 box. The bat is like the easter rabbit one.
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,126
    Confused. Thought #40055 Pumpkin was Halloween set last year and #40032 Witch was 2012. I'm in the UK. Did the US and the UK get different sets?

@Legokip, think @Huw would like images for the database for #40090?
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,834
    They are exclusives to the LEGO store when released, then Target or TRU gets them the following year.
    Lego_Star
    Here is the back of the box plus the model built.

Yes, it even holds the pumpkin in its wings:
    margotGigglebyte
    @Lego_Star Yes, of course! I would scan the building instructions for Huw too, but I haven't got a scanner. :(

@Huw, please feel free to use any of these images, along with this one 40091-1 appearing on the back of the instructions booklet:
    Lego_StarLostInTranslationprevere
    edited August 2014
    @Legokip Great pictures, thanks especially for posting the one of #40091! Really fond of seasonal sets.
    @Lego_Star You're welcome! I feel the same about autumn holidays and Christmas.
    I can't take the credit for the build - my son couldn't wait and had it together before I knew it! :)
    Lego_Star
    I don't think I could have waited either!
  • herekittykittyherekittykitty Member Posts: 122
    That might be the cutest bat I've ever seen.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,876
    Best turkey yet. And love the piece count on the bat for $10. It would be cute if the $10 sets also included a micro build that was around 15 parts.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
  • whataslackerwhataslacker Member Posts: 4
    Love both sets
  • B_HollsB_Holls Member Posts: 41
    Nice I am liking the turkey and the Bat will have too pick them up. The seasonal models are getting better each year
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    Wonder if they'll be a snowman or santa for christmas in the same sytle.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,950
    My son built this tonight. Seriously awesome bat. This has been my favorite holiday set so far.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,394
    Is the other set in this auction a new set or an old one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/201159706583?item=201159706583&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466
  • knooseknoose Member Posts: 45
    edited August 2014
    @Bosstone100‌ the other set is a new set that is to be released this year. the image is not even in the database yet.
  • parsomparsom Member Posts: 43
    When the bat will be available at [email protected]? Any ideas?
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    edited August 2014
    Tomorrow I think, same with the Advents.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,349
    Seriously thinking about hitting the LEGO store tomorrow, as the Bat is out, and the Space guy I believe is also available as well for a purchase of 99 USD or over.
    @Bosstone100‌
    I saw the Halloween cake topper you mentioned at my California LEGO store today.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,796
    edited September 2014
    It's available at [email protected] in UK at £8.49. Limit of 20!