Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Exo suit availability and price

Comments

• CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Recieved my two from [email protected] today. Glad to finally have them in hand.

The split up orders resulted in an extra Mini Cooper poly getting shipped as well.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    Quite a few available at Downtown Disney Anaheim. One prr household, so I guess I can't get another one unless I don't use my VIP card.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    Are they suppose to restock out is it all sold out for anyone know
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,144

Are they suppose to restock out is it all sold out for anyone know

Huh?
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    Sorry about that trying to do to much at once. Does anyone happen to know if they are going to get more stock in?
    I think so. I hope so. My order placed late on 8.1 is still showing as backordered.
    I think so. I hope so. My order placed late on 8.1 is still showing as backordered.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,765
    My order from 1 Aug has been cancelled. I'll have to phone to find out why. They already sent the mini Mini.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,012
    @CCC: My order is still on back order, also placed on the 1st of August, but have my mini mini. If you are desperate for one it looks like the Lego store for you.
    Does "sold out" status on [email protected] usually mean no more coming in? That's the UK status for exo suit right now.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    All gone in Leeds.
    I don't know if the sold out means sold out, or we are not taking any more orders for a while as we need to deal with too many back orders.

I'm not too worried, as I have built most of it already using my existing parts and the online instructions. I'm waiting for a BL order to finish it.
    madforLEGO
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    @CCC Blimey.

If i had to hazard a guess, the only reason i can think of is they've cancelled it due to there being Qty 2. They might possibly be using the freed up stock to fulfill two orders of one unit, which to lego would then mean two happy customers vs 1 unhappy. Rather than 1 happy versus 2 unhappy. Beyond that it makes no sense, as they've been taking backorders for a week.

Otherwise it has to be down to having sold out on the initial orders alone (and there being no stock to allocate anywhere), but then that would mean they accepted a weeks worth of back orders, despite being completely exhausted beyond capacity from initial orders... which would be pretty crazy.
    CCC said:

I don't know if the sold out means sold out, or we are not taking any more orders for a while as we need to deal with too many back orders.

I'm not too worried, as I have built most of it already using my existing parts and the online instructions. I'm waiting for a BL order to finish it.

I'm going to the Metrocentre tonight, if you were after one and they've got some left, I could get you one for postage at cost.

^Or even two.
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    I got mine from Amazon yesterday. I'll hopefully get a chance to build it soon. I hope those of you looking for one are able to get it without paying reseller-markup!
  • mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,237
    The Metrocentre had Exo-Suit and Research Institute sets on Monday. Although looking at what's been going on recently, 3 days is a long time in LEGO.
  • preusspreuss CanadaMember Posts: 99
    CCC said:

My order from 1 Aug has been cancelled. I'll have to phone to find out why. They already sent the mini Mini.

So was mine. Did you manage to find out why? I've e-mailed them four times already and got no response. After I saw my Aug 1st order had been cancelled, I've placed another one on Aug 4th and that was cancelled without notice as well. Very, very disappointing!
    I just received mine from Amazon from the brief time it was available on Sunday; my [email protected] order has not changed, tell ya what, become more and more disappointed with [email protected] all the time.
    edited August 2014
    preuss said:

CCC said:

So was mine. Did you manage to find out why? I've e-mailed them four times already and got no response. After I saw my Aug 1st order had been cancelled, I've placed another one on Aug 4th and that was cancelled without notice as well. Very, very disappointing!
    All they can tell me is that it is cancelled. Not who did it or more importantly why.

CCC said:

I'm going to the Metrocentre tonight, if you were after one and they've got some left, I could get you one for postage at cost.

Thanks @monkeyhanger, I should be good as I have all the missing parts I need coming now, and I would have sold off the green minifigs anyway.
    edited August 2014
    @preuss how many suits did you order each time? (Could they be canceling orders of 2+?)

Are these emerging reports of cancellations indicative of a peak of a larger, ice-berg sized, crapshoot happening at [email protected] fulfillment?
    legomatt said:

@preuss how many suits did you order each time? (Could they be canceling orders of 2+?)

Are these emerging reports of cancellations indicative of a peak of a larger, ice-berg sized, crapshoot happening at [email protected] fulfillment?

Quite possibly - but I think it's more behind the scenes where they are laying it all out there and saying, ok, orders of say 1 set we will try to fulfill based on when the order was placed, and maybe 2 or more sets are being cancelled - as has been discussed above I think this is the most viable theory at this point.

I don't think they are simply fulfilling based off when you placed your order, I could be completely wrong, but just my two cents. I think they have behind the scenes metrix going on to see how they can make the most customers happy with the least impact.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    edited August 2014
    ^ It's been well chronicled in the past that [email protected] does not always (or even possibly regularly) fulfill orders in a first-in, first-out fashion. Since they now seem to also do manual screenings on all orders, and those definitely do not happen in the proper order of receipt, it probably really comes down to when the inventory is allocated to the order. I suspect this only happens after the order has gone through customer service review and payment authentication and the order is sent to the warehouse for fulfillment.

That said, given what we know about the current state of the [email protected] ordering and fulfillment process, I'm not sure I would give them near as much credit as you are in regards to their organized matrix. It seems more likely it's more of an organized chaos situation.
    edited August 2014
    ^^ Yep, that's what i was thinking, hence the question. If he only ordered one, it'll mean anything goes.

I think they have behind the scenes metrix going on to see how they can make the most customers happy with the least impact.

If that is true, I wonder what "least impact" means to them. Would two customers with no previous order history be more valuable than one with a long history of purchases on their VIP account in the past two years? But then again, if it wasn't for the promos or exclusives that I cannot get elsewhere, I wouldn't order from them at all these days. I don't think I have bought anything from them that wasn't available elsewhere, unless a promo was on, for at least two years now. Maybe they do take that into account, although I doubt they would look into it that far.

Maybe they do want to make more people happy (or the minimum number of people unhappy), but they have to be careful which ones they annoy. It wouldn't be so bad if they (i) emailed the people whose orders get cancelled and (ii) told them why.
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    @CCC @Preuss: Funny thing, well funny to me now, is that I placed 2 orders back on August 1 because [email protected] kept freezing and I was not sure if my first order was processed: I had not received "thank you for your order" message and it had not shown up in order status, no emails was sent etc. I received both orders last week.

This is all too familiar to those that collect Master of the Universe, Ghostbusters and other mattycolletor products, Ordering systems issue is a disaster when hot items go on sale, 2-3 hour waits to place orders and than they would not go through, some of my friends card get charge and never receive the items.

TLG needs to take note and fix the issues.
    My order was received by them as I got an email to say it had been placed, and a dispatch email for the mini Mini, and the order number is in my account history. It's just bizarre how bad their order system is.
  • DJ_Pon3DJ_Pon3 Member Posts: 93
    My order of 1 set on the 1st August is still backordered
  • DadDad UKMember Posts: 816
    I ordered 2 at 7am on the 1st August when they were in stock and the order status is still 'in process' yet I ordered 2 on the 9th from Amazon US and received them today.
    Crazy.
    In stock at amazon.com now
    In stock date keeps changing, now August 18th but still at SRP 34.99....

Upadate: gone now!!!
    edited August 2014
    jediami65 said:

Ayyy whatsamadda? Whyadalongafaceah? :oP

OR:
    jediami65 said:

That's nothing, I have to be up and gone by six. :o)
    LegoManiacc
    @legomatt....lol!!! sorry was trying to get quick UPDATE to those looking for the Exo Suit. Next update of Brickset we need auto correct ;-)
    legomatt
    jediami65 said:

Next update of Brickset we need auto correct ;-)

Oh yes, then we can all be writing 'testicles'. :oP

(This post only makes sense if @Pitfall69's predictions thread post is still in recent memory... i'm slowly catching up with that thread, just another 30-odd pages to read)
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    Picked one of these up at TRU today in north Edmonton (Alberta,Canada). There were about 10 on the shelf... had no idea they were in such demand. (been busy)
  • leemcgleemcg Member Posts: 607
    @CCC I also ordered 2 exit suits on 1st August (quite late too, I recall, as I'd gone to my local store only to find them sold out - probably 6pm).

It said Sept 4th when I orders but I received both sets more than a week ago. Never had an email.

They really are all over the place, aren't they?

Regards

Lee
  • KevBrickstructKevBrickstruct Member Posts: 42
    Will TRU in the US be stocking these too? Have not seen any, and been checking daily. My Lego store said they are gone until "possibly" later in the fall…said they sold out on Day 1. :(
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    edited August 2014
    I ordered 8 AM EST on August 1 from US [email protected], and my order status finally changed to "In Process", though the Exo Suit is still listed as "Backordered".
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    edited August 2014
    thanks for the heads up @Rainstorm26 They seem to still be available, an AMAZING 40 minutes later.
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,013
    Just ordered a couple. Didn't need them....but, it was a rush to see if I can. :)
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    And... they're gone.
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,013
    What a fun game to play.....let's wait for the next round.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    It just let me order 1 at 9:45PM
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    In stock for shipping 8/18 on Amazon as of right now. Just ordered 2 @ 9:54pm
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,380
    Not that I'm surprised, but I was finally able to get onto my computer and they're (of course) gone.
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    don't worry they would be back. they seem to last longer each time they come back. they were around for over 2 hours today.
    edited August 2014
    ...It gets better. (I managed to squeeze in an order for one exosuit from [email protected] during a surprise window of availability, along with a few bits to make free postage).

Those extra few bits were despatched, and arrived today... except what's in the box is somebody else's entirely different order. Sheesh, get it together, [email protected] :o/

(I wonder who got my stuff...?).
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,525
    Did you get better or worse items than you ordered?
  • LegoRoccoLegoRocco Member Posts: 100
    Mine had a hole in the box when I received it...luckily one is somewhat intact