Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Guardians of the Galaxy Movie and Lego Sets

2»

Comments

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    ^ But does it dance?
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    ^ ^^ spoiler... Just kidding.
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    edited August 2014
    BOBJACK_JACKBOB HAHAHA your wife may be right, that's pretty sweet ;-)

Saw the movie for the 2nd time in IMAX 3D couple of days ago and have to say I was surprised how much of a difference IMAX 3D makes, obviously paying more but well worth it.

TLG Need more GotG sets!!!!
    Anyone know if the Lego version of the movie poster is available for purchase?
    dannyrww
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,395
    ^Probably not since they didn't sell or give away the Thor one
  • legodudelegodude Member Posts: 137
    edited August 2014
    I think Arkhamverse Batman is the perfect mix of the comics and realism. Rumor has it in the final game Superman might cameo.

But the Milano is awesome, waiting for a good [email protected] offer to get it.
    CapnRex101
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited August 2014
    I haven't seen the movie yet and I know nothing about the characters, so if you choose to answer this question, try not to spoiler the film or the wider GotG thing, but... The Groot figure.

I've seen the movie trailer, and the groot character appears to be, i dunno', taller than chewbacca definitely, but not fifty foot tall to the point of being treebeard. Whereas the buildable figure is most definitely a gigantic beast.

So, is Groot's lego figure size appropriate to the film? Or was this more likely a pre-production/insufficient info prior to film release scale error... in which case, does anyone foresee a closer to the film tall-minifig-scale Groot being released later.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,348
    edited August 2014
    ^ Groot is at least twice the size he ought to be. I know a few people have made custom versions of the character and used the long Woody/Jessie legs from the Toy Story theme, which make him just the right size.

The large figure is roughly in scale with Rocket though, so I can see why they made Groot as big as he is in the Knowhere Escape Mission set.
    legomattbobabricks
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 604
    @legomatt i'd say that the lego groot is size appropriate for some scenes in the film, but not the for the scene he actually comes in. if that makes sense.
    legomatt
    also, it's a shame (but not surprising) lego did what they did at sdcc, as the only way currently to get Rocket in the red outfit is to pay some scalper off ebay...
    @legomatt all I would say about Groot is his size and shape are not set in stone. it would have been hard for TLG to have him 100% in size scale base on the size of the rest of the figures. Set #76020 does well for the part of the movie that it's depicting. I personally liked that TLG molded the upper half of Groot: I don't think they could have made a version that looked like Treebeard in #10237 it would not fit the movie look.
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    Only thing missing is a set with Thanos....hopefully soon.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    Groot can change his size so I have no problem with it.
    @Thanos75‌ probably when avengers 3 is out will you get a thanks bigfig (a normal Minifig wouldn't do him justice!)
    My luck it will be a sdcc exclusive
    pharmjod
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548

Groot can change his size so I have no problem with it.

Careful there... :o)
    legomatt said:

I haven't seen the movie yet and I know nothing about the characters, so if you choose to answer this question, try not to spoiler the film or the wider GotG thing...

^ I've been a longtime of Guardians of the Galaxy in comic book form so my comment is comic book based. Was a little surprised there wasn't a Moondragon citing since she was also Thanos' daughter.

Drmnez
    Moondragon is not related to Thanos....but Drax is her father. Well Drax has her father's soul. Moondragon was raised on Titan by Thanos's father but was born on earth. At least that is the history on the 316 universe otherwise known as the main Marvel universe. Now in the movie universe I have a suspicion that Moondragon is Starlords mom....Just the feeling I got when I saw the movie.
    edited August 2014
    ^ That's what it was. I have to admit I haven't bought any comic books in the last three years (since my son was born) so it seems my memory is a bit hazy.

Hmm... thinking back, that is a possibility although I would have thought they would have given us more of an easter egg on that one.
    There are some nice Easter eggs in the movie but I don't want to ruin anything for those that haven't seen it yet.
    @Thanos75‌ isn't standard marvel continuity earth 616? Not nitpicking, just fact checking!
    andhe
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 859
    I dont like the direction marvel movie universe is taking the infinity gems. Totally my favorite saga from my comic book days. The powers aren't what they are suppose to be, but I guess it can't all be perfect.
    I at least wish they kept the colors true to the comic saga
    Yes....616....That's what I meant.

They have two infinity gems left to show in the movies. The last one they will save for whenever Thanos has all the other ones and finishes the gauntlet....Avengers 3 maybe GoG 2???...
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    from what I've heard in the rumor mill there will be 3 GotG films in total. and if they keep up the level of film they are at its going to be a good long ride :)
    obi_g
    edited August 2014
    Just watched Ultimate Spiderman Season 2 episode 17 "Guardians of the Galaxy". I know some will not enjoy the format but just go with it provides some GotG insight. It is VoD on DirecTV, and also available through Amazon Prime and probably or services too.
    FYI: http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=268&itemid=17972
    if you liked the movie and want to follow the comic some interesting story lines coming.

Also POILER ALERT!!!!!

if you missed out on the end credits take a look.. http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=266&itemid=17961
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,467
    ^i saw the film yesterday and that post credits bit was a massive surprise. A bit of digging and it seems that character is not due to get a film of their own, but might have other cameos, so there's a very slim chance of a minifigure.
    I got Drax and Gamora off Brick Link so my team is complete......still wolud like the Milano down the line...so how well does everyone think the sets are selling? I would love to see more and I know there are other characters and ships that could be made
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    @dannyrww because you have all of the characters you could save a lot by buying the Milano from Lego and then selling all of the minifigs you already have.

Spoilers!

Now that I have seen the movie I would have rather seen Howard the Duck over The Collector (who honestly should have been in a set). I know people are going to say Howard the Duck is not a kid friendly character but he did make an appearance in the Lego Marvel video game...
    locally the sets are not lasting on shelves at all, i haven't found any of them in over a week now, and drove an hour to pick up the Milano (wanted it more then the figures at the time, figures are awesome though!)
    edited August 2014

@dannyrww because you have all of the characters you could save a lot by buying the Milano from Lego and then selling all of the minifigs you already have.

Actually I've seen some great deals for about $30 us just for the Milano...I don't need the necrocraft, sakkaran, or Ronan....I should by lego sets like this all the time. :D
    bobabricks
    @dannyrww the necro craft and the sakkaran are both forgettable but i recommend you pick up Ronan at some point, he is very well done with unique head piece and with out him how could you ever hope to relive "Ooh Child!" personally i plan to get all of them (including The Collector and SDCC Rocket, though those will hurt the pockets)
    bobabricks
    ^OOO now I want to see someone do a Lego recreation of that scene "Dance off"
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,467
    I think once the hype around the film has died down a bit more we'll start to see the good discounts. I don't know what the age rating is on the film in America but in the UK it's 12A (kids under 12 need to be accompanied by an adult) so when I saw it there were some young kids watching. (Personally I thought there was a little bit too much bad language for that rating but hey that's just me.) So kids won't have to wait for DVD release to see it.
  • kyrotekkyrotek Southampton, UKMember Posts: 212

My wife thinks this is the best MOC I've ever done -

Where can I find the Brown stem and the hollow stud? I'd like to do one of these so I can fit Groot into the Milano with the rest of the Guardians.
    bobabricks
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    @kyrotek I don't know where the brown stem is from but the hollow stud use to only be in games sets and now can be found in almost every TLM set.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    The brown stick was used as a snowman arm in a Friends advent calendar but can't remember which year
    kyrotek said:

Where can I find the Brown stem and the hollow stud? I'd like to do one of these so I can fit Groot into the Milano with the rest of the Guardians.

The some of the Friends sets have them.