Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Exo suit availability and price

Comments

• rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    edited August 2014
    My exosuit order from Target shipped, so if people are having a hard time finding the set, I can sell a copy at cost to a small number of members. I'll make it known that I'd prefer that you're not buying it off me to later resell, but obviously there's no way for me to enforce that. PM me.
    fenderbender336
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    TRU (US) shows the exo suit at $24.99. Not available, of course, but I thought that was odd.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    An interesting (and somewhat disconcerting) thing regarding my order from Target...

I checked my order and my name was misspelled on the credit card...yet it was approved and has shipped. I always thought the name given had to match what was on the credit card. So...great my order shipped...not so great that Target allowed it to ship with the wrong name.
  • CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    margot said:

TRU (US) shows the exo suit at $24.99. Not available, of course, but I thought that was odd.

Yeah, I seen that a few days ago.. I think they are just screwing with everyone... Knowing Toys R Us, it is probably supposed to be $44.99...
    margot
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    ^Not when they can get $64.99.
    Mathias
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 651
    margot said:

Yeah, I stopped by my local TRU really quickly today, and they didn't even have a single Exo Suit. Oh well, at least I was able to order two from [email protected] late Thursday night (well, Friday morning).
  • JayEmJayEm United KingdomMember Posts: 62
    My confirmation email came this morning, and its scheduled to be delivered today. Not bad going at all.
  • Captain_EyebrowCaptain_Eyebrow Test Valley, somewhere between Brickset Towers and Narnia . . . .Member Posts: 161
    I think my order has just been delivered, I received a receipt PDF from the LEGO Store and my wife has just taken a box in.

I never did receive conformation of my order but the order tracker showed it dispatched on Friday.
  • Zeldafanatic15Zeldafanatic15 Member Posts: 106
    I managed to get an Exo Suit and Research Institute at a Lego store, they were kind enough to hold them, right before close on Friday. I called [email protected] to cancel my order with them since they were still showing In Process, but apparently I was told they were already on a pallet waiting to ship, minus an Exo Suit. They were able to cancel that, but I'll have to take my order to a Lego Store to return it. Oh well, at least I got the sets.
  • prleeprlee UKMember Posts: 163
    I ordered the Exo Suit and Research Institute at 8:45am UK time on 1st. They have just been delivered.
  • woony2woony2 UKMember Posts: 336
    My exo suit came to work this morning at 10.00. Looks great, can't wait to get home and build it.
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 800
    woony2 said:

My exo suit came to work this morning at 10.00. Looks great, can't wait to get home and build it.

Why wait! Build it now!
  • mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,237
    Mine arrived today. Dinky box! I do approve of these sensibility sized and full boxes.
    Shibkekeke
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098

I managed to get an Exo Suit and Research Institute at a Lego store, they were kind enough to hold them, right before close on Friday. I called [email protected] to cancel my order with them since they were still showing In Process, but apparently I was told they were already on a pallet waiting to ship, minus an Exo Suit. They were able to cancel that, but I'll have to take my order to a Lego Store to return it. Oh well, at least I got the sets.

My order status shows that I have a partial shipment of the Research Institute but the two Exosuits are still on backorder. I wonder if they are planning on shipping out a new round this week. I'm concerned because we are moving at the end of the month and I need to either cancel the order (I don't want to) or update the address information (when we actually know where we are moving too).
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    Updating the address with LEGO before it's too late is obviously the best option, but if by chance it ships with the old address, you can try rerouting it to a new address or a pick up location by signing up for FedEx Delivery Manager.

FYI, UPS also has a similar program called MyChoice, but unfortunately that feature requires either a premium membership or a charge each time. Keep your eye out for promotional codes that will give you free premium membership for 6 months or a year.

I'm currently using both services and it's nice to receive notifications, track all packages destined for my address, and be able to customize the delivery as necessary.

• piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,145
    I received confirmation that my Ghostbusters IDEA set has shipped but the Exo Suit is showing as back ordered. Oh well...the Ecto1 will have to suffice for now! :)
  • SchwallexSchwallex Member Posts: 121

Dinky box! I do approve of these sensibility sized and full boxes.

In that case I should warn you to never open it. I was shocked to discover just how much of it was air.
    Well...the exo suit I ordered from Target was just delivered. I guess I'm not going to worry too much about the backordered set from TLG now. I do agree that the smaller set box size is much better!
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    It would have been cool if TLG had come out with a series of these in different colors like in SW different colors for different Clone divisions, if they do a limited run as we believe of 10k or so means having to BL a bunch of parts to put any kind of Exo army together. But having built one purchase from local store on Friday I am looking forward to adding a few variations to other builds of the Exo suit..

• chris_bhamchris_bham Member Posts: 65
    Does anyone have a update on if stock for the Exo Suit could become available before the date of 04/09/2014 shown on the UK lego website.

I have seen items listed as out of stick on there before with shop dates a few weeks in the future and then out of the blue they are in stock a day or two later.

Just seeing if it's possible for this item too.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,017
    It is possible that they will ship them before that date. I have had that a number of times in the past. However, it is also possible that you will be waiting until September.
    Think I may have to order the Mini Cooper to pass the time until september
  • Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    Mine arrived this morning. :)
    kekekelegomattjtrDedgeckoRenegade007cjh
    Rub it in haha but congrats
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,117
    I got my mini mini freebie this morning, but no exo-suit. Do they do that so you always get the freebie, like they can't guarantee to keep any in stock until they can send the whole order out?
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    edited August 2014
    ^ Yes, they treat the free item as if it is a paid line on the order so that you always get what is in your cart at checkout, unlike some companies who throw the free gift in every order going out during a certain time period.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,145

I got my mini mini freebie this morning, but no exo-suit. Do they do that so you always get the freebie, like they can't guarantee to keep any in stock until they can send the whole order out?

Yes - I think they primarily do this to ensure that they "cover the spread" so to speak - so if you buy an item and qualify for the freebie, even if they cant ship the item you bought to you right away they get the freebie out the door immediately. That way down the road, once the item you bought is back in stock they dont need to worry about whether or not there are any of those freebies remaining.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Apparently everything in my order but the EXO suit shipped on Sunday, then the EXO suit shipped on Monday. Never got an email confirmation on anything, but it's nice to know I won't have to wait until mid-month to get my copy.
  • jlpythonjlpython ILLINOIS, USAMember Posts: 77
    I was lucky enough to get to my Lego store on Friday after work here in Illinois, USA and picked up an Exo Suit. They received a total of 50 pieces and when I went back tonight with my son for the mini-build, they still had about 10 left. So I grabbed another, along with the Back to the Future set that they just restocked, as I hadn't gotten that one yet.
  • LegoRoccoLegoRocco Member Posts: 100
    Aah, stop taunting me with LEGO Stores! The closest one where I live is about a 3.5 hour drive.
    On a more on topic note, mine are scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    Still no email or account confirmation on my Exos purchased at 5am on 8-1. I called them a few days ago and they said the order is in the system. And the other parts from my order show up with an order # in my account, but no mention of Exos.
  • bkprbkpr Texas, USAMember Posts: 295
    Mine arrived today! I'll be definitely taking one of the green figs to pilot my car (currently being piloted by Scratchy + axe :)
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Was at the St. Louis, Mo store today. They had plenty on the shelf, limit 1.
  • jtrjtr Member Posts: 37
    I ordered on the 1st of August and the Exo-Suit sets have been placed on back order . . . considering I'm in Australia looks like I'll have to wait a little longer.
    edited August 2014
    Just to update that the lego uk site now showing as hit date if 11.09.2014. This was compared to 04.09.2014 yesterday lol
    Sorry above message made no sense...

lego UK website now showing shipping date of 11/09/2014 compared to 04/09/2014 yesterday. Thought I would let the thread know..
  • BELTRADBELTRAD Scotland, United KingdomMember Posts: 91
    iccarus said:

Apparently everything in my order but the EXO suit shipped on Sunday, then the EXO suit shipped on Monday. Never got an email confirmation on anything, but it's nice to know I won't have to wait until mid-month to get my copy.

Thanks for this, I ordered on 01/08 and had ship date of sep so I was just forgetting about it till sep, untill read this, check last night and it should be with me today so cheers for heads up :)
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    a bit off topic but I find the date system used by some quite interesting, compared to the US way.

example: 01/08/2014

US it means = January 8th, 2014
    UK it means = August 1st, 2014

placed my order at 5am (eastern time) and at time of placing the order, it was slated to arrive around 8-15-2014 (August 15th) no clue if that will be the case but I sure hope so.
    MM/DD/YY makes me unreasonably annoyed. To me it would be like having tens-units-hundreds.
    edited August 2014

a bit off topic but I find the date system used by some quite interesting, compared to the US way.

example: 01/08/2014

US it means = January 8th, 2014
    UK it means = August 1st, 2014

placed my order at 5am (eastern time) and at time of placing the order, it was slated to arrive around 8-15-2014 (August 15th) no clue if that will be the case but I sure hope so.

Apologies if I caused any confusion.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,451

MM/DD/YY makes me unreasonably annoyed. To me it would be like having tens-units-hundreds.

I've always thought this, not enough to make me annoyed though.
    edited August 2014

Yeah...kind of like countries that drive on the wrong side of the road. ;-)
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 253
    I placed an order last night and there was a blurb in red print stating that they are having problems with their email system and to not expect a confirmation email. To check status, go to your Lego shop account. The ship date listed was August 18, limit 1. FYI.
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,698
    Has the Westfield Stratford City LEGO Store sold out on Exo-Suit's yet?
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    Yeah, date formatting is very confusing. I'm a software developer and one of the most frustrating aspects is dealing with dates. :-)

For those that use the Day - Month - Year format... How do you verbalize a date? Do you say "August the 6th, 2014" or "The 6th of August, 2014"? I don't know, but I suppose the US format is Month - Day - Year, because most people in the states say "August the 6th", so you print it and read it the same way you say it.

Talking about tangents! :-) I never thought I would comment about dates in this forum. :-)
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,525
    1st of Jan, 5th of August etc.
    To @mountebank's point, the notation we had to use on our homework in engineering school was 6Aug14 or 6Aug2014; otherwise points were taken off. Always a dilemma...
    My work involves coordination of deadlines in different countries throughout the world. Since conversion errors can have serious consequences, I'm often grinding my teeth at MM/DD/YY.

For my next trick I'll find a thread and start complaining about the inefficiencies inherent in TLG's numbering scheme. The way in which the number space is (un-)occupied is a disgrace.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    In anything other than speaking it to me the YYYY/MM/DD makes the most sense for most applications. It orders things most significant down to least as most other things we read are (money, time, etc) and when doing anything computer related it works best for being the easiest to sort chronologically.
    binaryeyedougtsSilentModeBuzzsawcanon03pharmjodricecakeLegoboyTroublesBrewing
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    ^ this is what I do all the time in my naming conventions for files, processes, etc.
    Legoboy