Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2012 sets on TRU

AScaryOctopusAScaryOctopus Member Posts: 57
edited December 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12326422&prodFindSrc=search
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12330396

At the moment it is only Two Face Chase and Oil Rig Escape.

Also watch out for boxes lacking minifigs in Superheroes, I'm willing to bet the minifigs on eBay right now were stolen from the production plant in Mexico and some boxes may lack them.

Comments

• sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    edited December 2011
    Lots of new sets at TRU.com, including the Batmobile.
    LEGO Super Heroes Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase (6864)
    LEGO SpongeBob The Flying Dutchman (3817)
    LEGO Technic Crawler Crane (9391)
    LEGO Technic Pick-Up Tow Truck (9395)
    LEGO Technic Quad Bike (9392)
    LEGO Technic Mini Tow Truck (9390)
    LEGO Technic Jet Plane (9394)
    LEGO Ninjago Kendo Cole (9551)
    LEGO Disney Pixar Cars 2 Jeff Gorvette (9481)
    LEGO Disney Pixar Cars 2 Ivan Mater (9479)
    LEGO Disney Pixar Cars 2 Finn McMissile (9480)
    LEGO Disney Pixar Cars 2 Francesco Bernoulli (9478)
    LEGO Disney Pixar Cars Ultimate Race Set (9485)
    LEGO Disney Pixar Cars 2 Oil Rig Escape (9486)
    LEGO Hero Factory Surge (6217)
    LEGO Hero Factory Jawblade (6216)
    LEGO Hero Factory Toxic Reapa (6201)
    LEGO City Dirt Bike Transporter (4433)
    LEGO City Fire ATV (4427)
    LEGO City Fire Plane (4209)
    LEGO Duplo Creative Cakes (6785)
    They are part of the BOGO as well. And currently you can do three BOGOs in one transaction.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,569
    edited December 2011
    Not fair!! The US gets the new sets earlier than the UK, AND they can get them in a deal?! That's it, I'm emigrating...
    I'm not sure if the Batmobile and Flying Dutchman were ever in stock. At least they were sold out when I discovered them this morning. Someone was probably lucky enough to get them. I was able to order the Cars 2 Oil Rig - which appears to be sold out now. And a couple of Kendo Cole's - which my kids will love.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    ^^ we did get a BTGO deal on PoTC on launch day at TRU in the UK, so it's not all bad.
  • bluelion3bluelion3 Member Posts: 156
    edited December 2011
    The Batmobile is out of stock online.

Duplo Creative Cakes - $25!! Ouch!

I really like the Dirt Bike Transporter, but after the Black Friday sales, I need to wait until after Christmas before buying any more LEGO.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,569
    ^^ Oh yeah, forgot about that :) I have a vivid memory of going to the TRU near my parents' at Easter and getting 3 POTC sets. My dad was convinced they hadn't applied the discount and I had to mutter to him, "No Dad, that's just how much they cost..." Here's hoping they do another one for launch of Superheroes!
    Star Wars Advent calendar is currently "marked down" to $34.99, and is available for the BOGO as well.
  • MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 282
    Hmmmm time to run down to my local TRU and see if Batman is on the shelves.......
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    That Star Wars Advent Calendar price is really good - about $26 per set after tax. Just picked up two.

Now that the Batman sets will start hitting shelves, I think that will dampen demand for the older versions.

Thanks!
    -Dan
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,803
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if the Batmobile and Flying Dutchman were ever in stock. At least they were sold out when I discovered them this morning. Someone was probably lucky enough to get them. I was able to order the Cars 2 Oil Rig - which appears to be sold out now. And a couple of Kendo Cole's - which my kids will love.
    Got me excited about the Flying Dutchman until I saw it was spongbob..lol
    Im guessing there are resellers trying to buy up every Batman set for resale for Christmas on eBay.

• prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,902
    Does anyone know if we're going to see a new generation of the Batman Tumbler with new sets in 2012? Didn't see it on the initial box pics.
    ^ I think the I initial sets are more comic book, old school based. I'm not a follower of the comics or Batman in general, but wasn't the tumbler more of a Batman movie creation?
  • coolpixcoolpix Member Posts: 357
    Went to my local TRU today and there was a lady from LEGO working the shelves of the LEGO aisle (this store actually has 2 LEGO aisles and 4 endcaps!), and she had about 6 boxes of sets and was putting them on the shelves. I even spoke with her about TRU marking up the sets and she said she does not understand why they do it, because she feels that they end up losing sales because of it. If I knew TRU.com had Batman, I would have asked her if she had any on these boxes!
    Im just waiting for another LEGO Batman and or Super Hero games to come out
    Went to my local TRU today and there was a lady from LEGO working the shelves of the LEGO aisle (this store actually has 2 LEGO aisles and 4 endcaps!), and she had about 6 boxes of sets and was putting them on the shelves. I even spoke with her about TRU marking up the sets and she said she does not understand why they do it, because she feels that they end up losing sales because of it. If I knew TRU.com had Batman, I would have asked her if she had any on these boxes!
    And she would be right.. I think TRU is partly doing it so when they have their week to week BOGO sales people think they are getting an awesome deal instead of a bit-better-than-retail-prices deal, but in the end they are driving a large group of huge buyers away due to the raised prices..
    It is debatable as to if they care.. I mean they should not, if someone buys 10 sets instead of 10 different people buying the same set it is the same amount of money in their pockets, which usually wins out of any kind of logic thrown in a Corps direction.

I think TRU is just getting greedy which is just silly as this will bury them like it was burying FAO Schwartz.. I think there is no coincidence between the FAO TRU merger (buyout) and raising prices on sought after products... I believe FAO was doing that for years.... So we shall see I guess...

I really like the new sets, I am waiting for the recycle truck though a ton of nice parts, plus bins, plus wheelbarrows.. which are awesome....
    One step closer to making a hardware store :-)
    @madforlegos couldn't agree more. What they are doing is a shot on their own foot, specially with the dissemination of LEGO stores across the country, which will have the same items they have, at regular prices.

People like us would buy there weekly if the prices were fair, and the BOGOs reflected real savings. The way it is now, it's better to buy at LEGO stores, collecting VIP points and giving even more money to the company that's responsible for this cool hobby, thus making them open more stores and release better sets.

If we really want to save, there's always clearance at Target, Wal-Mart and 40% off coupons at B&N every now and then, not to mention Amazon. The way it is right now, we don't need TRU, and most of the everyday moms and dads that buy the occasional set for their kids or to gift someone else, already know that prices are better at other locations.

Each time I see less people buying when they issue those BOGO50 deals, and it's not the recession. Look at the LEGO store pics @brickupdate's blog and you'll see what I mean.
    Batwing added to TRU.com, as well as some of those Hero Factory like Super Heroes. Batwing is out of stock. The HF Super Heroes are of course in stock - and likely will be until 2015 when they are clearanced for 75% off.
    The new pink Bricks and More bucket is available as well. Looks to have some of the new lavender colors.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Thanks for the mention @coolpix!
    Batwing added to TRU.com, as well as some of those Hero Factory like Super Heroes. Batwing is out of stock. The HF Super Heroes are of course in stock - and likely will be until 2015 when they are clearanced for 75% off.
    LOL... its funny cause it will probably be true...

• vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,185
    My son really likes the Hero Factory, but I'll be happy to get the Super Hero versions instead now.... on sale of course.
    @brickupdate Not a problem! Spent a couple hours reading and watching pics through your blog last night. There's something entertaining about seeing pictures of repeated LEGO boxes in shelves in different stores that I can't explain, but it was real fun. Specially the pics within LEGO stores - which made me cringe when I saw Mon Calamari set for $25 at some point in time early this year, and I missed it! I am so ready for Dec, 26th 2011 because of that, that's not even funny! Lol!
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 271
    I saw last night that TRU has already jacked up the prices on some 2012 sets. The Ambulance and Garbage Truck are now $24.99 and the Car and Caravan is $27.99. All three of these were only $19.99 previously.
    Yesterday was THE day to drive around and get the Xmas gifts for all my kids. Went to TRU, Target and Wal-Mart. One thing brought up my attention immediately: TRU was almost packed, and shelves on the LEGO section had many "blanks" with a lot of sets being sold out at the store already. Now, at Target and Wal-Mart, even though the prices are better than TRU's, the stores had nobody strolling around the toy section, and the LEGO alleys were all nice and tidy! I know this is a direct effect of the BOGO50, but it just shows how people go for the sale and don't care much about how much a set should really cost.

O wanted to buy 2 of the Cars sets for one of my sons, but even with the BOGO, the markup was so high (25% in average), that I couldn't justify not buying the same sets at the LEGO store today and get some VIP points, while adding up to my other LEGO purchases to score another PAB box, not to mention the LEGO experience that is for me every time I go to the LEGO store. I just love that store! TRU is just not worth it sometimes.

By the way, they had plenty of the Wreath Holiday poly bag set there, but it was $6.99!! That's a huge markup right there!
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    TRU.com has the holiday wreath for $4.99. My store does as well. I bought a dozen during BOGO50.
  • andystarandystar Member Posts: 275
    @BTHodgeman I saw the holiday wreath at my local Walmart for $3.49, they were on the top shelf in the LEGO aisle along with other polybags (snowman)
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    Arggh - I thought they were a TRU exclusive.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be heading to a few Walmarts tomorrow ;)

Brent
    @andystar That's fantastic news! I'll look for them on my 5 local Wal-Marts!
    All the sets listed near the top of this post are back in stock. Plus some new ones like the Lex Power Armor set and the Ninjago boat.
    I put out many of sets listed in the first post here at my TRU last night (I'm working as part of the seasonal overnight stock crew). In addition to those, my store also received the superheroes sets released so far (Batmobile, Batwing, Catwoman, and Superman/Wonder Woman), Cole DX booster packs, and some other additional new Duplo and Build and Rebuild sets.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 793
    Stopped by a TRU tonight to take advantage of the BOGO offers on the Super Hero sets and left empty-handed because they were marked up already. I thought the 1st shipment or so of the new sets were usually at LEGO MSRP but apparently not for these sets and the new Motorcycle Transporter and Forest Fire sets. TRU also raised their already jacked up price on the dark red pick up from 20-22 bucks for an $18 set!
    @bmwlego The BOGO deal was supposed to exclude Super Heroes sets, so you might have been more disappointed if you had tried to buy some even with the markup. I don't think the price of the Superman/Wonder Woman vs. Luthor set is bad at $22, but the Catwoman set for $18 is certainly a rip off. Of course, I don't know what the msrp is for these sets since it is not yet listed for them here.
    LEGO [email protected] shows that these sets will be available for purchase on the site on the 15th.Is it safe to assume that their brick and mortar stores will have it as well on that date? If that's the case, then if you live near by one of these stores, buy them there, at RRP, and scoring VIP points at the same time.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    I saw at 2 TRU's tonight new Spongebob sets (party house and flying dutchman) also saw new Ninjago booster packs and new Batman ( catwoman chase, bionicle TYPE figures, and the Batwing/ Joker one. I know the "names" of the sets may not be right but you get the jest. Thanks to whomever mentioned about new sets in Scottsdale AZ.