Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Exo suit availability and price

Comments

• fenderbender336fenderbender336 Member Posts: 88
    It seems like this set is appealing primarily to us AFOLs. Quite a few adults were at the Lego store buying them, while the kids didn't seem to care for the exo so much.
    I need to clarify that I didn't go over the limit with [email protected] I bought 2 from my local store, 2 from [email protected], and 2 from target. I placed 2 orders at [email protected] in order to get 2 minis. I didn't understand why @dougts‌ was talking about breaking order limits, them I reread my post so sorry everyone!!!
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    edited August 2014
    ^ My five year old son wants it. Think of it this way: It has two green "Benny's". It's a giant robot (appeals to the Hero Factory/Bionicle crowd). It's neo-Classic Space. Ok, so it's not Minecraft but it will be in demand this Christmas. Why do you think it sold out within seconds?
    Renegade007cjh
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    A Green Benny... how come I haven't thought about it that that?

Time for me to assemble Benny's in all classic space colours.
    @mathew‌
    I don't doubt that kids want it, I was only stating what I observed, and what the employee at the Lego store told me. Hey if I was 5 again I would be torturing my parents for one haha
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,031
    edited August 2014

I need to clarify that I didn't go over the limit with [email protected] I bought 2 from my local store, 2 from [email protected], and 2 from target. I placed 2 orders at [email protected] in order to get 2 minis. I didn't understand why @dougts‌ was talking about breaking order limits, them I reread my post so sorry everyone!!!

Personally, I don't care if someone buys more than what's being advertised. My point is, if TLG puts out a quantity limit per household, than they better track it. If someone buys online and then buys in the local store without using a VIP card, I understand that TLG can't track the amount being purchased in the store. However, it seems that regardless if you use an online account or your VIP account in the store, you still are able to buy beyond the stated quantity. I don't fault the person, but the company who puts out this meaningless restriction notice.

By the way, you did state, ".....now 1 of 2 orders from [email protected] has shipped." So, it was clear that you submitted 2 orders on [email protected] and not 1 of the orders on Target. Just saying.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129

As part of the long discussion on this forum last August regarding the 41999s, the scenario you describe was deemed by the site moderators to indeed be violating purchase limits, and "bragging" about such things was declared to be against the forum rules

I know you are newer and perhaps didn't know, so I'm just trying to help

edited August 2014
    ^ I did place 2 orders on [email protected], but each order has 1 exo. I was in a rush and didn't clarify that I ordered 2 from target, not 4 from [email protected] So yes I did place 2 orders on [email protected] both of them have shipped, but only 2 exos are coming from there.

Ugh I've even confused myself haha

@dougts‌
    Thanks, I am a newer member and didn't mean to come across as a jerk so once again I'm sorry for the confusion, it has been a very long day haha
    ^^
    No need to beat yourself to explain yourself. Just move on.
    fenderbender336dougts
    ^Thats exactly what I needed today haha

Can we make August 1st the official AFOL Panic About Limited Set Availibilty day? Take the day off from work to recover from staying up all night cursing at [email protected] and eat cake whenever we finally get a ship notification email. Or maybe just eat cake since most won't ever get an email.

Eat cake? More like drinking booze and/or beer.

fenderbender336
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    mathew said:

Why do you think it sold out within seconds?

In short, because everyone expected it to.

The people most likely to be interested in the set are also the most likely to order at release. This includes both the average AFOL (who has likely been following this set since it was submitted to CUUSOO and doesn't want to miss out on a limited release) and the average reseller (who saw #21104 quickly double in RRP after a limited release and doesn't want to miss out if this is also a limited release).

If there is no widespread demand for the set, then once all of the AFOLs get what they want it will just be resellers buying each others' stock until they realize the demand no longer supports their asking price.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    All 4 of my [email protected] orders shipped but no confirmations or shipment emails and even my exo-suit order which was backordered shipped.
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 272
    graphite said:

NeilJam said:

What was the requirement for the mini mini? (My order didn't show any special offers. I hope it was just $75 and not $99, as I may have just missed it at the higher level.

It is $99 for the mini Mini.

Thanks, found the correct store calendar after I posted the question. Luckily I was able to call and amend my order by adding the Easter Bunny set so it would qualify for the free Mini Mini.
  • LegoRoccoLegoRocco Member Posts: 100
    binaryeye said:

mathew said:

Why do you think it sold out within seconds?

In short, because everyone expected it to.

The people most likely to be interested in the set are also the most likely to order at release. This includes both the average AFOL (who has likely been following this set since it was submitted to CUUSOO and doesn't want to miss out on a limited release) and the average reseller (who saw #21104 quickly double in RRP after a limited release and doesn't want to miss out if this is also a limited release).

If there is no widespread demand for the set, then once all of the AFOLs get what they want it will just be resellers buying each others' stock until they realize the demand no longer supports their asking price.
    There's the AFOL, the reseller, and then my 11-year-old.
  • Mandalorian_BuilderMandalorian_Builder Member Posts: 197
    Got the last one at my local store in so cal. (Downtown Disney)
    Mathias
  • chris_bhamchris_bham Member Posts: 65
    I ordered mine yesterday around 7:15am UK time and mine is on back order with the order status of customer service! Anyone know what this means?

However, people I know who ordered set around 9:39 have had there's shipped. I'm not happy it's annoying!!

As stock is so limited I not sure anymore if I'll get one.
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,365
    I ordered 1 exo with a #21110 and couple of keyrings to get over the free shipping threshold about 10am yesterday. Has been shipped.
    I'm p
    roxio said:

I ordered 1 exo with a #21110 and couple of keyrings to get over the free shipping threshold about 10am yesterday. Has been shipped.

I'm so confused why mine hasn't I have used the same billing address, shopping address and credit card as my last order.
  • oceanangeloceanangel Member Posts: 149
    Just wondering, i paniced and forgot to order the Research Insituite so if i put another order in with it, can i cancel the first and has my card been charged for the first one or do they only charge when it ships?
  • SchwallexSchwallex Member Posts: 121
    edited August 2014
    My local LEGO Store (halfway between Germany and France) had the Suit on the shelves since Monday. Tons of them. I held it in my hands but then put it back again to wait for today's discount for Community members. Yes, I am cheap like that.

This morning I was somewhat worried, what with all the OMG-sold-out-already talk last night, but they still had plenty left. Even though the store was being overrun and absolutely everyone was getting one. But there were still dozens on the shelves when I left, and more in the back.

So anyway, just got two Suits, yay! And a Mini and an Ecto-1 and two Mixels, and a mini Mini (though no Worriz's bike). With the special discount, plus VIP Points, plus 1600 VIP Points to burn, that was a measly 95 bucks. Not too shabby.

Nota bene: at least in that particular store, the clerks enforce a limit of one per customer. I had to talk to the manager to get two, and even so it helped tremendously he recognized me from my numerous previous visits on which I had been spending hundreds of bucks. There was another customer who likewise got two in the same manner, but everyone else was only allowed one.

From what I hear the Cologne store had them since Tuesday, too, and still have plenty, and you'll get two no questions asked. Someone on 1000steine said "a friendly smile" even got them a third one, though without VIP Points. I guess booked as a separate sale to a non-VIP customer, so TLG don't get wind of it.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Manchester had them from last weekend but ran out yesterday. Thankfully I didn't wait and picked them up in the week. Apparently more due this week.
  • Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    Some Eurobricks members are reporting that they have received their orders from [email protected] already.

Strange...
  • JayEmJayEm United KingdomMember Posts: 62
    Yeah I don't get that. Must be express delivery?
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    edited August 2014
    Schwallex said:

Nota bene: at least in that particular store, the clerks enforce a limit of one per customer. I had to talk to the manager to get two, and even so it helped tremendously he recognized me from my numerous previous visits on which I had been spending hundreds of bucks. There was another customer who likewise got two in the same manner, but everyone else was only allowed one.

My local store, that knows me very well were enforcing a strict '1 only' rule on both the Exo-Suit & Research Institute sets today, to the point that the Duty Manager physically took the 2nd of each set out of my hands whilst I was still walking around the store. She was apologetic, but still ... grump.

Seemed to be plenty of both left in the Milton Keynes store.
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    This is strange. Hearing about all the these stores with none or near no stock. I walked right in picked the first one off the shelf and paid and left. The shelves were full for me.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055

I'm p

roxio said:

I'm so confused why mine hasn't I have used the same billing address, shopping address and credit card as my last order.
    I don't understand it either. I think it's safe to say that orders are not being shipped in the order in which they were received though.

I wouldn't sweat it though. No doubt they will ship them eventually. I wouldn't get pissed unless they cancelled my order for some reason and I don't think that will happen.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,089
    Newcastle (Metrocentre) had about 8 sets on the shelf this morning. I was a little disappointed with the size of it when I saw the box, 2/3 the volume of the Mars Rover and a fiver more. They didn't have a built example on display. The research institute looked far batter value at almost 1/2 the price and a smidge smaller.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,089
    I have "partial shipment, balance on back order" - They've sent the Mini Mini maybe, or only 1 of the 2 that I ordered?
    I ordered really early yesterday.....it's been stuck on customer service all day and then today it changed to back order which has annoyed me...also the date of the back in stock has changed to 11/09/14 now ...makes me wonder if we're get them at all
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    24 hours later, my order remains "in process"

*sigh*
  • Craigster10Craigster10 Member Posts: 54
    The whole thing is really odd, in terms of who and when people are getting them. I ordered 2 at 8 am UK time. I don't live near a Lego Store and tend to use [email protected] a lot.
    I ordered 2 one for me and one for my son, both to be built and played with. Now I didn't get any emails, but I wasn't expecting too, figured they would be slow. I checked and last night it was shipped complete order and could easily get here tomorrow (Sat) once Yodel get hold of the shipment. Now I didn't add any research institute, as I figured I would add that to another order, later and get another mini (mini) cooper. Institute is still saying available, so has any bought 2 exo-suits and an institute at the same time and its not shipped?
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    iccarus said:

24 hours later, my order remains "in process"*sigh*

Same here...I had some other items that I ordered too, but nothing has shipped. I guess they're swamped.
    S&H has a long proven track record of not always fulfilling orders in the order received. We've documented it here on these forums before, and it no doubt hasn't changed. Their systems and internal processes are rather archaic and far too manual
  • maxfischermaxfischer Member Posts: 29
    Sheffield store had already sold out this afternoon; they only had a few Research Institute left too.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873
    Any reports on availability in the Washington, D.C. Area?
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited August 2014
    I may display the outward cool calm exterior of a race-car driving, adrenalin-junkie, intergalactic super-spy:
    BoI
    ...but i haven't put an order in yet, so:
    =oS

Hopefully I can get an order for one in before the dreaded 'sold out' appears, though by the time I get any cash in the bank I might end up being too late, (I'm glad my account isn't a living creature, else i'd be had up for cruelty to financimals).
    *bites fingers*
    :oE

Igor! Throw the Switch! ...Live, my creature, LIVE, LEeEeEeeEeeiiiieiiiiiVE!
    Renegade007cjh
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    ^I'm sure you will be fine.
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 272

so has any bought 2 exo-suits and an institute at the same time and its not shipped?

I ordered two Exo Suits and one Research Institute around 1am eastern time on 8/1 and my entire order is still In Process. I also called that afternoon to amend my order to get it over $99 to get the Mini Mini, so that could be causing the delay. I'm not too worried though, as long as I get everything without having to wait for the restock.
  • CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    edited August 2014
    Who cares how many anyone got...

I wanted to get 2 of them and I screwed around and forgot about the release and Shop at Home was sold out, no big deal, I'll get them when they are back in stock... You snooze you lose...

I'll be the first to admit that the reason why I didn't get any was my own fault...

• CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    As far as Problems with Lego orders goes, I ordered a Battery Box, plug, and Cable extension for the SBrick last Sunday and while my order was supposed to be delivered today, it never came... Just says in transit... Apparently Lego Shop at Home is having issues with orders this week...
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    I ordered an Exo from Target for$34.99 just in case the one from TLG didn't ship. I received a prompt email from Target the same day announcing the set I ordered from them had shipped.

Conversely, I haven't received an email from Lego about anything...even the additional items I ordered to put me over the threshold to get the mini-cooper. If TLG cancels my order, I won't be too upset since Target is sending me one. Plus they usually include the free set (mini-cooper) even when they cancel an item.

As a side note, I just checked Target and they are out (no surprise there), but the price also is listed at $39.99 (up $5 from the price I purchased it at). They probably could have sold their entire allotment for $39.99 based on the apparent demand...

Who cares how many anyone got...

either a lot of people, or at the very least some very vocal and influential ones, considering the history on this forum...

• jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    Went to Lego store today to get my Kids a Friends and TLM sets and they were sold out of EXO Suits, plenty of the Research Institute though, asked one of the employees and he said they sold out yesterday.
  • AtaricadeAtaricade Member Posts: 1
    I ordered online right before the lego site went kablooey after release and Mine is shipped. 1 is good enough for me.
  • Zeldafanatic15Zeldafanatic15 Member Posts: 106

Any reports on availability in the Washington, D.C. Area?

I called Arundel Mills yesterday while I was at work, they said they didn't have many left, and were told by higher ups not to hold any. Annapolis held one for me with the Research Institute, got there about 10 minutes before xcose and there were 5 on the shelf, no idea if they had more in the back. I didn't even attempt Tysons Corner, with Brickfair VA in town and the closest Lego store, I'm sure they were mobbed that morning by AFOLs in town for the event and exhibitors. I went last year after Brickfair was over for the day, it was the worst I have ever seen a Lego store, including grand openings and Christmas shopping season.
  • paul88paul88 Member Posts: 169
    Has anyone seen the exo suit set in any US retail stores such as toys r us yet? I checked 2 this morning (drove an hour to do so :( but didn't find any.
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    paul88 said:

Has anyone seen the exo suit set in any US retail stores such as toys r us yet? I checked 2 this morning (drove an hour to do so :( but didn't find any.

I went to both a TRU and a target today. Nothing. In fact the TRU I went to was terrible. I only really looked at Star Wars sets and a very high percentage of the set boxes were damaged. One gunship had a hole all the way through the box!

• paul88paul88 Member Posts: 169
    i *did* find the cantina set which i really wanted, and was able to use a 20% off coupon that was expiring today :) i really wish i had access to a lego store in my area.