Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Exo suit availability and price

Comments

• monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,093
    edited August 2014
    Cheshire cat: item description wasn't saying Sept 4th when I ordered around 9:30 am, my order is now "processing", maybe I got in early enough. It was saying "back ordered" on my order status earlier. Seems daft that in TLGs anti reseller measures they allow UK to buy 5, but US (sensibly) only 2.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited August 2014
    @bluemoose Indeed which seems to be what happened with #41999 as it was still orderable (and arrived) for people who backordered for a few days after (at least in the UK). And then iirc the damaged stock that was reboxed turned up in US stores weeks later. Still with #41999 we had quite a few cancelled multiple orders, limits of 2 per person rather than the 5 we have with #21109 and it was 4 times the price - if i wanted an exo-suit I would get on that backordered list asap.
  • JayEmJayEm United KingdomMember Posts: 62
    In my total idiocy, I forgot to note the order number after placing an order as a guest. I guess all I can do now is wait for the confirmation email?
  • Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    It says that the Exo Suit is in process, so I think I'm okay
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    I ordered around 5:30 am EST and the Exo stated it was on back order for an August 15th ship date. I don't mind the wait. I ordered 2 along with a research institute.

Too bad there are no promos going on right now. I'm not used to ordering from [email protected] when there isn't a freebie or double VIP.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    FYI, for those in the U.S. at least, the Exo Suit can be bought from Target.com as well. In stock right now. Pair it with a $10+ item for store pick up and get $10 off.
    pharmjodlordzarakrocaoPitfall69
    edited August 2014
    ^ Dammit. I already ordered - I had no idea anyone else would be carrying this soon.
    ^ wow - although i did find this funny...

Battery: no battery used
    Assembly Details: no assembly required
    Release Date: June 17, 2014
    The Target listing doesn't have any order limits either for those of you who want an entire army of suits.
  • mrfuturemrfuture NorwayMember Posts: 31
    I think I got my order on two Exo suite before it was sold out in additional to the mini mini cooper promo.
  • Zeldafanatic15Zeldafanatic15 Member Posts: 106
    Ugh, totally forgot about this, went to see Guardians of the Galaxy at 7pm last night but totally got distracted by how awesome it was. Just placed my order. My wife and I will possibly go to the Lego store after work to see if they have any left. I hate to see how much vendors are selling this for tomorrow at Brickfair here in VA.
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 800
    sidersdd said:

FYI, for those in the U.S. at least, the Exo Suit can be bought from Target.com as well. In stock right now. Pair it with a $10+ item for store pick up and get $10 off.

Free shipping, plus $10 off any set in store? SOLD!!
  • Zeldafanatic15Zeldafanatic15 Member Posts: 106
    It says not sold in store on the site, I don't think that'll work for in store pickup. But they are selling it online.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,093
    Should be far more 21109 than 21104 made if Target has them with no limits.
    edited August 2014
    ^ Maybe some more - remember #41999 was available at TRU in the states iirc. #21104 was also widely available at discovery centres and lots in AUS for some reason.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    edited August 2014
    The target deal works. Just pair it with a smaller set that is available in store. You get the discount and pick up the small set and the exo suit will ship to you. I did it with the LEGO movie small sets (glider and melting room) and essentially got those two sets close to free. I will say once some of the other sites get wind of this though, it won't last too long. I can see the SD or BP site wiping the exo suit out at target with that deal, but who knows.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    Selecting a store for pick-up is wonky for me at the moment
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    ^ yeah, was working 10 minutes ago, but now their system seems to be overloaded. Brickset Effect! :-)
    exo-suit appears sold out on Target.com now anyway
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 439
    Finally got part the wonky in store pickup and sold out. Sigh.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,674
    [email protected] used to have a limit of 2, now it is 1...
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Exo is listed at TRU online as well, for $24.99 even, but is currently not available for ordering.
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    For what it's worth, TRU also had the Rover listed but never actually had any in their inventory.
  • sgarrahysgarrahy Member Posts: 26
    Picked up mine at Annapolis MD this morning. They had maybe 6 or so on their shelves when I was there. So excited to build this!
  • LegoRoccoLegoRocco Member Posts: 100
    I ordered mine last night about 1 and don't have an email yet. Anyone else having this issue?
  • Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    Yes, same issue here. Sometimes confirmation emails are late, and sometimes you don't even get one at all.
  • LegoRoccoLegoRocco Member Posts: 100
    Wil348 said:

Yes, same issue here. Sometimes confirmation emails are late, and sometimes you don't even get one at all.

Good to know as someone who doesn't typically order on [email protected]
  • JayEmJayEm United KingdomMember Posts: 62
    edited August 2014
    I don't have one either, but from the looks of it this is a common issue.
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 272
    edited August 2014
    I haven't received an email either, but it is in my order history on the website. I hope the limit change doesn't affect previous orders. Don't want that to negate the free shipping.

Also noticed that availability has changed to "will ship in 30 days."
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    Just called them about not getting an email or the Exo-Suit purchase showing on my account, but they confirmed it, and said everything is just really really slow today for obvious reasons. However, even though I ordered at 530am est, it sounds like I'm lumped in the 30-day backorder.
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    Could there be that many people who actually ordered just a single one, or is there a possibility that there are speculators already finding ways to hoard this one in order to drive up the price? Part of me hopes that Lego goes, "Psyche!" and has loads and loads of these sitting around so that anyone who snag a bunch for resale gets stuck with them...
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,934
    ^ If they keep having fulfillment issues (that is, one month waits), then they will be easy to flip. So I doubt anyone will end up getting stuck with them.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    I only ordered one, along with the research set and (finally) my ECTO-1. I would like to get a second EXO eventually, but can't go crazy on purchases right now.
    margot
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,674
    #21110 also backordered, glad to see that it is doing well with all the hype on the exo-suit.
    margot
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    CCC said:

^ If they keep having fulfillment issues (that is, one month waits), then they will be easy to flip. So I doubt anyone will end up getting stuck with them.

Count me as one who won't be paying eBay prices for one just to get my hands on it. It's already up there and being listed at two or three times RRP. That's just greedy.
    yys4u
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    With the Exosuit on Target's website you can be assured that this is not a "limited" release. It may be hard to find for awhile but it's no Rover.
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    edited August 2014
    Picked up a couple XO suites and 1 Research Institute at Local store, I waited with a fellow Bricksetforum member until store opened at 10AM. Only 3 of us that I saw that went to the EXO Suit other parents and kids just shopping for other stuff.

2 per customer added 1 Guardian set to complete order and get the Mini-Mini. Must say seeing both Minis on display the the Poly version looks a lot better in person.
    sidersdd said:

WoW!!! I would think this mean that the production run would be more than 10k.

• GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 672
    I went to sleep with it still not available yet, and I wake up to:

[email protected]-$34.99, limit 1, out of stock, will ship in 30 days
    Target.com- $49.99, unavailable online, not sold in stores
    Toys R Us- $24.99, in-store only (unverified)
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    I asked the 8-ball if the Exo-Suit will have a limited production run..."Don't count on it". I'm good with that.

wagnerml2chuckp
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 272
    mrfuture said:

I think I got my order on two Exo suite before it was sold out in additional to the mini mini cooper promo.

What was the requirement for the mini mini? (My order didn't show any special offers. I hope it was just $75 and not $99, as I may have just missed it at the higher level.
    Has anyone looked at the parts list how many new elements are in this set. Just wondering, I want to build a few versions and color schemes.

CCC said:

Count me as one who won't be paying eBay prices for one just to get my hands on it. It's already up there and being listed at two or three times RRP. That's just greedy.
    Include Target in that mix, for raising their price to $50 after 12 hours of feasting by fans/resellers.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,934
    Clever move by Target. If people really want it, they'll pay an extra $15.
    edited August 2014

I s there a possibility that there are speculators already finding ways to hoard this one in order to drive up the price? Part of me hopes that Lego goes, "Psyche!" and has loads and loads of these sitting around so that anyone who snag a bunch for resale gets stuck with them...

If resellers aren't allowed to talk about reselling outside the one thread, others shouldn't be allowed to bash resellers either, given that they aren't allowed to defend themselves, and we don't want these types of threads to go off topic into the ethics of reselling, which your comment invites...
    DadcheshirecatChristineVVAdeelZubairpharmjod
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    Local store had at most 50 in stock. Only bought one so far along with the research institute. I love the packaging and design for the RI set.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    mathew said:

With the Exosuit on Target's website you can be assured that this is not a "limited" release. It may be hard to find for awhile but it's no Rover

Agreed. I heard that my LEGO store received 250 and it's a smaller volume store. With worldwide LEGO retail availability, and Target and TRU in the mix, it looks to be a lot more obtainable.

Pitfall69
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,075
    Got mine in store this morning. There seemed to be quite a lot in stock. Also got a series 1 Mixel for each of my kids since they were discounted -$1
  • fenderbender336fenderbender336 Member Posts: 88
    US [email protected] is saying that the exo-suit will ship in 30 days. Something is definitely up...
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    edited August 2014
    NeilJam said:

What was the requirement for the mini mini? (My order didn't show any special offers. I hope it was just $75 and not $99, as I may have just missed it at the higher level.

It is $99 for the mini Mini.