Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The Brickset Builders Guild - Neo-Classic Space MOC Contest

Comments

• AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,615
    At first glance the Star Wars planet elements look useless; but it's interesting what people can build using them.
    Shib
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,115
    I keep looking at mine and trying to think of a use. I'd love to work one into a justice league satellite bjt every attempt looks messy.
  • ProtProt Member Posts: 18
    Final day to put in entry's, curious what builds might pop up!
  • maakmaak Member Posts: 1
    The Galactic Scout, I just wish I had a classic red spaceman to pilot

Galactic Scout

Galactic Scout

Galactic Scout

Galactic Scout
    vitreolumcarlqGothamConstructionCobrickedinbinaryeyerancorbaitJoseph
  • LockeLocke Member Posts: 10
    LL-822 Bumblebee-class Orbital Construction Craft

The Bumblebee is the unsung workhorse of humanity's space exploration program. Built as a simple, yet versatile, orbital construction vehicle, these craft are now a ubiquitous sight at the L2 Space Dock as well as the asteroid belt mining facilities.

LL-822 Bumblebee

Figure 1 - A Bumblebee installs a solar panel during construction of the LL Leif Erikson, the first Millenium-class exploration vessel to depart for Tau Ceti e with a crew of 1000 scientists and explorers.

cheshirecatvitreolumAdzbadboycarlqGothamConstructionCobrickedinrancorbaitLind_Whispererlegomatt
  • polywogpolywog Member Posts: 3
    here is my entry: The Galaxy Taxi. A simple form of transportation preferred by all commuting space minifigs. (spacemen?)imageimage
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    Well, not that anyone really needs reminding, but you have until 11:59pm BST (GMT+1) to enter! Once I post again on or just after midnight in my time zone stating that entries are no longer being accepted, I really mean it! :-) A rundown of entries will be posted the following morning, split into 2 posts since I appear to have found the limit of the length a forum post can be... The winners should hopefully be revealed at the beginning of next week.

@polywog There appears to be something wrong with your images in your post as I can't view them. Are you posting images from an external hosting site (Flickr, Brickshelf etc) by any chance? Just so your entry is counted, could you try posting them again, maybe use the forum's upload feature ("Attach a file") instead?
    Sorry about that, I'm using attach a file right now, just figuring out how to rotate an image.
    ^I think its the same problem someone else had, they've linked the image page, not the actual image.
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    Still time to make another entry is. Resist I must!
    there we go. My entry: The Galaxy Taxi. The preferred mode of transportation for all commuting space-minifigs.
    carlqjackybrickrancorbait
    edited July 2014
    vitreolum said:

Still time to make another entry is. Resist I must!

@vitreolum‌ you are currently my favourite to win! Another entry is sure to cement my opinion. (This is all meant complimentary btw, one of your entries in particular I think is mind blowingly brilliant!)
    Thanks @Shib. I'd be surprised, but I will stay positive. :D
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Agree with @Shib, lots of really amazing mocs many of which could win, but my stand out favourite is one of @vitreolum‌'s - wonder if its the same as Shib's?
    Shib
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    If you're thinking of the Star Wars/classic space cantina that's my favorite as well :o)
  • ProfessorBrickkeeperProfessorBrickkeeper Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2014
    Okay, I guess I'll throw my hat into the ring with my entry, Lunar Wayfarer.
    I actually began building this in the physical brick but with only 48 hours to go in the contest, I realized I lacked all the bricks I needed so I just rebuilt it in LDD. I hope that is acceptable.
    I also have to say, I been lurking on the forums for quite some time, but this contest finally got me to sign up. My thanks to those who organized it.
  • StoryingmanStoryingman Member Posts: 1
    When I saw that there was going to be a Classic Space MOC competition I knew I had to enter. I received the Space Cruiser (487) as a gift when I was 6 years old, and life hasn’t been the same since. I never owned the inspiration for this contest, the Galaxy Explorer (497), but my best friend had it, so it still feels like seeing an old friend.
    I’ve never posted anything on the forum, nor taken many pics of Lego, so I hope I did this well enough. I don’t how to do the nice backgrounds, so I just pulled out some of my old base plates. I hope that was okay. In honor of our Lego firsts I named this the Space Explorer. I’ve really enjoyed seeing everyone else’s entries. This is has been a great experience!
    The top mounted laser gun rotates. The two things on the side could either be hyper-pulse engines or laser cannons, I haven't decided. They can fold down. This ship is made from all classic space pieces.
    carlqbinaryeyerancorbaitGothamConstructionCo
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    Well, for what it's worth, I know who @Huw is potentially backing (well, unless another entry has changed his mind)... and it seems to be in agreement with what others are currently saying ;-)

I myself think that the standouts are @vitreolum and @rancorbait (probably some others, but the sheer amount of pics is making this thread hard to browse even on BT Infinity fibre optic...), but really there's so much fantastic creativity from all entrants, it's overwhelming. But it's not up to me, it's up to Pete of course... and even I don't know what he's thinking at the moment ;-)

By the way, @ProfessorBrickkeeper, you might want to repost your entry, your image isn't showing, looks like you've made the same mistake as a couple of other people by linking the image page rather than the actual image. If you need help, just contact me :-)
  • ProfessorBrickkeeperProfessorBrickkeeper Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2014

By the way, @ProfessorBrickkeeper, you might want to repost your entry, your image isn't showing, looks like you've made the same mistake as a couple of other people by linking the image page rather than the actual image. If you need help, just contact me :-)

Odd, it showed for me when I posted it. Anyways, I'll try it again here.
    Lunar Wayfarer
    And if that doesn't work, I'll just link it here. https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/14607818058/

Oh, and here is the .lxf file in case anybody wants to check the model for building legitimacy. https://www.dropbox.com/s/68juewl3yxcdvxs/Exo_Suit_Contest.lxf
    vitreolumcarlqrancorbaitricecakeGothamConstructionCoCapnRex101Joseph
    Update: My final entry for "Neo-Classic Space MOC Contest" is currently rendering at 65% and I hope it finishes before the deadline. It is at the level of my Neo-Classic Space AZ-96 Podracer so hope for something special: The Special :)
  • HarryHarry Member Posts: 4
    Here's my MOC, the X1 cruiser. It has a space themed shape along with a simple but effective colour scheme. The cab's shape was hard to make but in the end I got it by using a variety of curved and angled panels. Here are the pictures:
    carlqrancorbaitGothamConstructionCo
    Wow, thanks a lot. :) This is quite unexpected.

@ProfessorBrickkeeper‌ That works, no problems now :-)

@Adzbadboy If you're worried it won't finish rendering by the contest deadline, a screenshot of the LDD file instead should suffice :-)
    @TheOneVeyronian Thanks, I was going do that anyway if it came to a worse case scenario however I really want my entry to be rendered for a better presentation. Let's wait and see...
  • mikemazmikemaz Member Posts: 2
    This is my entry, the MGM-11 "King's Judgement", clocking in at exactly 338 Pieces!

I really wanted to try something very different for this model, so I wanted the particle cannon to be offset and I wanted it to be a focal point of the starfighter. There are more pictures on my flickr photostream here as well!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Good luck to everyone, the competition is great!
    ProtvitreolumcarlqAdzbadboyrancorbaitbrickedinGothamConstructionCoJoseph
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    @Adzbadboy - You can also adjust the the "level of detail" under "model" this will speed up the the rendering time considerably, and the actual difference in the level of detail isn't really that noticeable :o)
    Adzbadboy
  • goldsungoldsun Member Posts: 2
    Rebuilded - Small Reconnaissance Aircraft - 338 pieces :-)

mikemazvitreolum
  • eightbrickeightbrick Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2014
    The quality of the creations is superb. After a couple rebuilds, here is my entry, a Neo-Futuron (hope this is allowed) patrol ship and cargo rover. Ended up being exactly 338 pieces. Available for private purchase for all citizens who pass a genealogy exam proving irrelation to any Blacktron associates :D

Futuron Patrol Ship and Delivery Truck
    More photos.
    carlqrancorbaitvitreolumGothamConstructionCo
  • LegoManiaccLegoManiacc Member Posts: 116
    goldsun said:

I like that..any chance you can reshoot it on a white or black background with better lighting? Don't know if the current photos do it proper justice

• ZeeEssBSZeeEssBS Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2014
    Great!
  • ProtProt Member Posts: 18
    vitreolum said:

You didn't see anything... :))

in my opinion, your best one ;)
  • jackybrickjackybrick Member Posts: 48
    So, it is time to post my third and last entry:
    NCS Raptor-Bot 3000.
    I found some inspiration in the 2152 Robo Raptor.
    Piececount: over 90 pcs

imageimageimageimage
    Looks pretty menacing, what do you think?! :-)

You may notice, that this time I used another minifig, not the GS one- that is because during my parts-hunt, when building my entry, I suddenly found the Classic Space minifig torso! I totally forgot about it, because I got it long ago(, loose- not as a part of any set), it was not so interesting to me, because in those days I knew almost nothing about the Classic Space, so it got lost in the sea of my minifigure-parts. :-) Now, I am pretty lucky, that I've found it, and I made a custom Neo- Classic Spaceman. :-)

So, I hope you enjoy my last entry.
    carlqCapnRex101
    New here - how do I make a Post, not just leave a comment? Thanks!
  • goldsungoldsun Member Posts: 2

goldsun said:

I like that..any chance you can reshoot it on a white or black background with better lighting? Don't know if the current photos do it proper justice

On my flickr are more photos (two on white background, but lighting don't better), I'm on the exhibition, and I don't have too much chance and time to make good/more photos or rebuilding it better :-)

LEGO Neo-Classic Space - AZ-96 Speeder:

"Let's race to the finish line!"

This Neo-Classic Space MOC is inspired by Star Wars speeders. I tried to stay true to the aesthetics to the Classic Space and Neo Classic Space sets by keeping the MOC Bright Blue, Light Stone Grey, Trans Yellow and Trans Red.

Fun Fact: 'AZ' is my initials and '96' is my year of birth: 1996.

LEGO Neo-Classic Space - AZ-96 Speeder
    rancorbaitvitreolumcarlqGothamConstructionCoStoryingman
    My 3rd entry:

Lunar Scout
    carlqGothamConstructionCo
    My 4th entry:

Exploration Rocket
    jackybrickcarlqGothamConstructionCo
  • aid_77aid_77 NewburyMember Posts: 182
    edited July 2014
    hopefully this time its worked.......
    Despite not having as many blue pieces as I thought.... here is the Space tractor and driller for subterranean exploring fun!
    Just realised I havent uploaded any of the front, d'oh!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/siege_bison/sets/72157646067000631/with/14796241172/
    carlq
  • kendalbrickskendalbricks Member Posts: 49
    edited July 2014
    Hi folks, brand new to the community and like some of the others - inspired to get my bricks out of the loft and join in the fun. I built a ship out of real-life classic space bricks, but couldn't remember the piece count! After estimating it'd be far too high I set off to learn LDD, then to attempt a model in microscale - something I've never tried before...

NCS Strikers vs Blacktron Outpost (280 pieces)

The year is 2982 and following the rout of his Galaxy Squad fleet, and destruction of most of his ships Commander Stonebreaker returns to Earth and is ordered to bring the NCS ships back into active service to carry the fight to Blacktron forces across the solar system.

With the resources of the NCS fleet stretched across inhabited space, pilots are forced to fly tandem missions against Blacktron outposts - with orders to destroy all in their path. Here two NCS Striker-class fighters have opened fire against a small communications post - will they survive against the base's limited but powerful defences?

Hope you like it - any tips gratefully received as I creep out of my dark ages! I was disappointed not to add rendering to my new found skills, so hope these screenshots will suffice.
    Jennichuckpcarlq
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    edited July 2014
    Neo Classic Space: X-3 Experimental Patrol Craft (182 pieces)

More images on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
    aimlesspursuitscarlqGothamConstructionCo
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    Neo Classic Space: All-Terrain Vehicle Mk. II (267 pieces)
    (Based on the #6927 All-Terrain Vehicle - shown side-by-side in 3rd image)

More images on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
    vitreolumcarlq
    edited July 2014
    Okay, it's just turned into the 1st August where I am, so I think that will be it for entries! Last entry I'll accept is chuckp's All-Terrain Vehicle Mk. II. A full comprehensive list of entries and maybe some semi-interesting stats will be up a bit later when it's 1st August everywhere :-)
  • brickmattbrickmatt USAMember Posts: 88
    Aargh, just missed the deadline by 5 minutes. I forgot about the time difference and was planning on posting my entry this evening, and this is the first chance I had today. Would you consider one more?

Space Shark
    carlqGothamConstructionCojackybrick
    @brickmatt Well, it's only 5 minutes, and since I'm a nice person, I'll put your Space Shark through :-)
    LegoKipGothamConstructionCobobabricks
  • jackybrickjackybrick Member Posts: 48
    I wish to say a honest 'Thank you' to all of you guys, who made this great, interesting and inspirative contest a reality and also for 'restarting' my enthusiasm for MOC-ing. There is a lot of creative and cool looking entries, so IMHO the judging won't be that easy. I hope that we will see another awesome contests in the future. :-)
    eightbrickProfessorBrickkeeperJennivitreolumAdzbadboycarlqGothamConstructionCo
  • brickmattbrickmatt USAMember Posts: 88