Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Brickset Builders Guild - Neo-Classic Space MOC Contest

Comments

• AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,686
    ^It increases your chances. Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up :)
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,421
    Adzbadboy said:

^It increases your chances. Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up :)

Do we also drop bricks so we can learn to pick them back up? I ask because during one of my builds I spilt a tray of bricks everywhere.
    AdeelZubairTroublesBrewing
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    Why do we drop bricks? So we can learn how much work it is to pick them back up (especially from under the bed/wardrobe) and never do that again! :))
    ShibAdeelZubair
  • suprajamessuprajames UK SussexMember Posts: 366
    I might have to have another go over the weekend :)
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Do it!

I might have to have another go over the weekend :)

Do it! Only 6 days left :o)
    ^ @rancorbait we already know you have won first prize; no need for anymore entries :)
    ^ Don't be so sure, usually I noticed the best builders refrain from posting until the last two days. You may see some entries that will eclipse everything submitted so far.... or not. Also, I don't see why we shouldn't enjoy others' entries.
    rancorbaitLind_WhispererAdeelZubair
  • Lind_WhispererLind_Whisperer ZotaxMember Posts: 65
    vitreolum said:

^ Don't be so sure, usually I noticed the best builders refrain from posting until the last two days. You may see some entries that will eclipse everything submitted so far.... or not. Also, I don't see why we shouldn't enjoy others' entries.

Agreed.

I do have one more possible model(a base), that I think might make a few heads nod appreciatively at my interpretation of the classics. The only question is if I can spare the time to put it together before the contest ends...
    @rancorbait Leaked detail is genius!
    @Lind_Whisperer Hope you can make it (even if you don't mange to meet the deadline). Would love to see a reinterpretation of that.
    Adzbadboy said:

@rancorbait Leaked detail is genius!

Sorry, not sure what you're referring to...
    ^Sorry I had multiple threads open this was a comment for the model of you at work :/
    rancorbait
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,375
    vitreolum said:

Also, I don't see why we shouldn't enjoy others' entries.

Personally, that's why I'm enjoying this thread. My entry was posted mainly for fun, just to compete. I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone's entries and supporting them.

I had no idea we had so many talented builders here on Brickset. :o)
    GothamConstructionCoLind_WhispererchuckpAdeelZubairvitreolumcarlq
  • lokailokai Member Posts: 13
    Smaller build this time - Space Bike! My daughter said she 'doesn't like space much but this is ok' and then dropped it on the floor... oh well, here it is.

vitreolumShibGothamConstructionCoCapnRex101suprajamesLind_WhispererslakcerintcarlqJoseph
    @Adzbadboy‌ - Of all your builds you've posted here on Brickset I have to say the above is your best. Great work, keep it up! You are clearly getting a lot better at building. :o)
    AdeelZubairlegomattGothamConstructionCocarlq
    edited July 2014
    @samiam391 thanks for those kind and words that you have carefully assembled. I really analyse my previous models and decode my mistakes; what needs to be improved. I also use to just use bricks I was familiar with were as now I look Lego's whole element assortment and really think about each piece that is placed on a model; what it adds and what it takes away from the model. My most inspiring builders at Lego are Jaime Berard and Marcos Bessa. Hopefully one day I will achieve my ambition: To become a designer at Lego :D
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    Yep, have to agree. Your best work yet @Adzbadboy . Very nicely done.
    AdeelZubair
    Adzbadboy said:

@samiam391 thanks for those kind and words that you have carefully assembled. I really analyse my previous models and decode my mistakes; what needs to be improved. I also use to just use bricks I was familiar with were as now I look Lego's whole element assortment and really think about each piece that is placed on a model; what it adds and what it takes away from the model. My most inspiring builders at Lego are Jaime Berard and Marcos Bessa. Hopefully one day I will achieve my ambition: To become a designer at Lego :D

@Adzbadboy‌ - Of course. I really meant it too. Keep working at it and you'll have nowhere to go but up!
    AdeelZubair
    edited July 2014
    So this entry for the "Neo-Classic Space MOC Contest" was definitely worth waiting for 32+ hours for it to render. ^^ WHAT! O_O
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    @RyanardoDaVinci Click the "Attach a file" button bellow where you type and choose a file.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,877
    ^^ Sorted for you. The URL you used was to the flickr page, not the actual image.
    @RyanardoDaVinci‌ - You might have to resize the picture to a smaller size if you want to use the "attach a file" option.

Otherwise you can upload to another website, such as photobucket, and the copy the image url. Then use the insert image option and insert the link.
    I now have the prize in my possession which has not only been signed by Pete but also Mark Stafford, so is one of only a handful in existence.

No pressure, then, to post the winning entry.. :)
    ShibAdeelZubairlokaiPerijovechuckpcarlq
  • RyanardoDaVinciRyanardoDaVinci Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the help Adz and Huw, much appreciated. :)
    AdeelZubair
    OMG @Huw liked my 'Neo-Classic Space Podracer AZ-96' MOC; I don't see @Huw liking many posts on this forum :D
    GothamConstructionCochuckp
  • Lind_WhispererLind_Whisperer ZotaxMember Posts: 65
    Huw said:

I now have the prize in my possession which has not only been signed by Pete but also Mark Stafford, so is one of only a handful in existence.

No pressure, then, to post the winning entry.. :)

Good thing then that I still have three more models in the chambers - one needing just a bit of work, one in progress, and one in the planning stages...

@Adzbadboy‌ your pod racer is stellar!
    AdeelZubair
    @Adzbadboy‌ minor bit of feedback. you should look at a way to connect the pod to the front drivers. I don't think it would detract from your very cool design. I tend to build for playability, probably because my kids like to put my models to the test.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,316
    Great job to both @Adzbadboy and @RyanardoDaVinci‌ - It is often the case that there is a flurry of brilliant entries towards the end of the contest!
    AdeelZubairGothamConstructionCo
    @rancorbait Wow! I'm treating your models as lessons in design. Everything you have submitted has been fantastic!
    rancorbait
    @MiniTheFig Love the curves of your ship. I like the yellow accents also. You've inspired me maybe to try another entry before tomorrow...
    MiniTheFig
    @lokai, actually I had a design that is similar to the one used in #7962 to hold the model together for play but it exceeded the maximum piece count of 338.
    edited July 2014
    @Adzbadboy, yes I do like that model, very clever and well presented. I like those that mash up classic space with another theme.

I'm not the judge, though :-)
    AdeelZubair
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,364
    Another entry! Loosely based off of the speeder in the Galaxy Squad Hive Crawler set.

I'll call it the MS-44U Speeder.

I hope to make one more entry before the contest is over. I hope some of my entries are as good as that podracer above, lol.
    vitreolumcarlqAdeelZubair
  • TroublesBrewingTroublesBrewing Member Posts: 7
    Objective: Classic Space, "Build up" and only use parts I own. I also added in to try and build in only one color. I don't have enough blues and gray (I didn't want to un-build my classic sets or Benny's Ship), so I ended up with an all white ship, but I think its a nice contrast to the classic red pilot.

My first every Lego set was the "X1 Patrol Craft", so I wanted to build something inspired from it, so I present to you the "X11 Patrol Craft" with only 183 pieces.

Post Moon Base era, prior to the Mars Exploration, design teams started to update their existing fleet of ships. The X11 is a prototype and these images are from the first test flight. As fast an nibble as the X11 proved to be, bureaucracy stepped in and the project for the X11 was shelved. Sadly, it never made it to full production.

Front view...

Back view...

Pilot working on tuning the twin power coils...

Draft image with color scheme of projected production build...

BTW: I am in "Awe!" of all the builds in this thread. Long live Space Lego!
    LegoManiaccchuckpsuprajamescarlqvitreolummargotAdeelZubairbinaryeye
  • PerijovePerijove Member Posts: 114
    Adzbadboy said:

So this entry for the "Neo-Classic Space MOC Contest" was definitely worth waiting for 32+ hours for it to render. ^^ WHAT! O_O

I know how you feel. I've been at 37% for what seems like forever. I also also built my entry out of real bricks, but I want to have the rendering done before I submit it. Hopefully it will finish before the deadline.

edited July 2014
    Perijove said:

I know how you feel. I've been at 37% for what seems like forever. I also also built my entry out of real bricks, but I want to have the rendering done before I submit it. Hopefully it will finish before the deadline.

If it's the Mars Rover I think we already know who won this competition... ;o)
    margot
  • gregg_gruggregg_grug Member Posts: 1
    Hey Everyone - so my first comp entry ever - so be gentle :D
    Made from 90% original classic space - with all the signs of wear and tear!
    I call this the "dis-kolor UV" powered by a special element known as 3298pr0014

Hope you all enjoy as much as I did going through some of my old lego!
    rancorbaitvitreolumlegomattGothamConstructionComargot
    samiam391 said:

If it's the Mars Rover I think we already know who won this competition... ;o)

This is a Classic Space and Neo-Classic Space contest. The early Mars Rovers would be ancient history by now.

You were right @vitreolum - Some great entries as we near the end! :o)
    vitreolum said:

I noticed the best builders refrain from posting until the last two days.

So should I wait a couple more days before I post?

Perijove said:

vitreolum said:

I noticed the best builders refrain from posting until the last two days.

So should I wait a couple more days before I post?

Or wait until the 1st of August? :))
    vitreolum said:

Or wait until the 1st of August? :))

Oh, ok...Hey, wait a minute!
    vitreolumAdeelZubairGothamConstructionCoCM4SLegoKipJenni
  • slakcerintslakcerint Member Posts: 7
    Classic Space was full of quirky robots. In the style of those sets I present the Sonic Command Stalker:

280 brick LDD count
    vitreolumcarlqrancorbaitGothamConstructionCoricecake
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,372
    Last entry recap before the deadline on 31st July. I think I will start ordering the entries by entrant rather than time posted, but this is to make it easier for Pete to look through the entries once I send them off to him. If I have missed an entry, sorry!

Rancorbait's entries:
    - Spaceship
    - Exo-Suit Dropship
    - The Exo-Suit

MiniTheFig's entries:
    - Spaceship
    - Spaceship 2

bobabricks' entries:
    - Spaceship

vitreolum's entries:
    - Mobile Mineral Extractor and Refinery
    - Starsail
    - Lunar Base
    - Moe's Classic Cantina
    - The Ram Monorail

Shib's entries:
    - The Robotics Lab
    - The Surface Searcher
    - The Swift Star
    - Benny's Remote Controlled Sentry Unit

aimlesspursuits' entries:
    - LLX-323 NeoBlade

Kevin_Hyatt's entries:
    - Classic Space (micro spaceship)

Adzbadboy's entries:
    - Space Command Centre
    - AZ-96 Podracer

Paperballpark's entries:
    - Space Explorer

LegoKip's entries:
    - MT-47 Spacetank
    - MX-87 Fighter and Interceptor

samiam391's entries:
    - USS Exploration

Big_Sal's entries:
    - UU-224 Hammerhead Submersible

lokai's entries:
    - Modular X-Wing
    - Space Bike

slakcerint's entries:
    - LL-129 Corvus Starfighter
    - LL-110 Dorado
    - The Alpha-2 Exoframe
    - Sonic Command Stalker

Lind_Whisperer's entries:
    - Neo-Classic Space T.A.R.D.I.S.
    - Mk. IV Strongman Mech

CM4S' entries:
    - Generic Classic Space Ship duelling Blacktron Soldier
    - The Space Base Chase!
    - JJ-5x5 Mecha
    - MS-44U Speeder

jtr's entries:
    - Spaceship

Darth_Maul_Epic's entries:
    - Spaceship

Suprajames' entries:
    - Vector Walker 001

18000pieces' entries:
    - Floating City

SirBen's entries:
    - Galaxy GARC

jackybrick's entries:
    - Mech SH-96

Matticus_Bricks' entries:
    - Crash Landing!

Yio's entries:
    - Mini Tank

TroublesBrewing's entries:
    - X11 Patrol Craft

gregg_grug's entries:
    - Dis-Kolor UV

So I make that 46 entries so far by 26 different members, and one host who is officially sick of HTML coding. Think you can outdo all these entries, or just want to join in the fun? Remember, you have just 5 days left (including today) to enter. I am fairly lenient and I know it's difficult with the time zones and that, but once the final entrants list is posted on Friday morning UK time, that is it, I won't be accepting any more entries after that.

Good luck to all entrants! :-)
    slakcerint
  • SpeldwrightSpeldwright Member Posts: 1
    CSB-01

CSB-02

CSB-03

Brickwright II on Flickr.

It's the Classic Space Bus! Somewhat Futurama-inspired, boxy retro space ship. With double laser turrets and 16 wheel landing gear. 338 parts! (I was not able to attach the .lxf file to this post, how do I do that?)
    GothamConstructionCovitreolummargotcarlqscrumper
    Haha, that's really fun and cartoony.