Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Request Value determine: SDCC Green Lantern

DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
Hi everybody,
i own a SDCC Green Lantern on his card, so far so good! Well the figure is in pristine condition but the card is a little bended and one of the corners is a bit worn, do you think this will affect the value for the Figure/set (however you´re gonna call it)? If so, how would you rate it´s value? I know this is pretty tough to determine since there aren´t that many out there…Thanks for your help

Comments

• Mandalorian_BuilderMandalorian_Builder Member Posts: 197
    $50! You should sell it to me ;)
  • CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    Do you have a picture of it..? From the imperfections that you described, it is still probably worth at least $150...
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    The value will definitely be affected by the condition of the card and the card is important to authenticate it from counterfeits. A mint card and figure will probably be worth $250+. Without the card, it would probably still be worth $150, but would be harder to sell since there are a lot imitation and customs that scare buyers. With a poor condition card, it's somewhere in between. Market fluctuates everyday... I imagine the price could drop or rise if Lego decided to make a non-exclusive Green Lantern.
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    See some pics here! Thanks for the input so far! I guess i´m going to offer it in the "marketplace"thread soon.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    The condition of the card is good and shouldn't decrease the value too much. You should take a picture of the reverse side of the head so that we can see the printing on the alternate face. It has been reported that the hair has scratched some of the printing.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    Yeah the hair has scratched the face of my bizzaro, so I know it happens, so you may want to check.
    Here ya´ll go! Doesn´t really look scratched, or does it?
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,128
    I paid $205 for mine off of eBay back in March. The fig and card were in great shape, but the glue holding the plate to the card had come loose. I'll have to check the reverse head print.
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 350

I paid $205 for mine off of eBay back in March. The fig and card were in great shape, but the glue holding the plate to the card had come loose. I'll have to check the reverse head print.

The glue has come off the plate of one of my green lanterns also. But the other one seems to be holding for now.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    You can use Sticky Dots or Zots to safely apply on to the hot glue TLG used and press the 2x2 plate onto it. Should fix up those loose plates in zip.

@Diggydoes the wear from the hair piece doesn't appear as scratches, but more so splotchy print. You can see that on the nose area of yours, where it's becoming light in color. I blame it on the singly coat of printing making it more prone to rub off the color.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    With all of this said, how does one go about knowing it is a really good custom or the real deal? I've seen people make reproduction cards too, so that isn't a guarantee. Customizers can also use official LEGO parts and use pad printing.

I'd love to buy some official figures, but I'd hate to get duped, even if it is a really good custom. Granted, if the custom is that good, then maybe it should be worth that much too...
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Well after the announcement today, I'm guessing the SDCC green lanterns value dropped a bit. I know I really liked it, but now with a similar version coming out in a $20 set, it's hard to justify paying a lot for the SDCC version.

Well after the announcement today, I'm guessing the SDCC green lanterns value dropped a bit. I know I really liked it, but now with a similar version coming out in a $20 set, it's hard to justify paying a lot for the SDCC version.

Was thinking the same but i guess everybody knew that one day Lego would release a GL in a set! Just glad the version in the set ain't the same as the SDCC one,so not sure if this will lower or raise its value?
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    I wouldn't think it would lower it much. The nycc superman I think is the same as the one in 6862 and it still goes for $350. The demand will go down but for a complete sdcc set you need that one.
    sidersdd
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    I don't think the new GL is going to really hurt the SDCC/NYCC GL. It should just put the Green Lantern fig on par with the SDCC/NYCC Batman. There are a million and one Batman variants and there's still value in the exclusive Batman.

Plus people still pay crazy money for the NYCC Superman or the SDCC Azog and the figs are the same as the production ones.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,431
    The Comic-con mini figures are definitely something different to widely available mini figures, something about the limited edition that makes completionists salivate.
  • kempo81kempo81 Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 961
    Agree with all the comments on value of exclusives not being affected and that will continue to stay strong whatever minifigs are released in sets. What I do hope is this happens with a few more (eg. Green Arrow) for those if us that just WANT a GL or a Green Arrow minifig for our collection but aren't worried about being "complete" for the theme.