Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Mini mini after 01/08/2014

chris_bhamchris_bham Member Posts: 65
Unfortunately I am not a Lego VIP member.... This will get sorted. Saying that I am having to have to wait until 01:08/2014 to order the Mini Cooper. My question is will the mini Mini Cooper still come free with the order or is it only for people who pre ordered (I'm im the Uk incase you need to know ).

Also a quick one will u have to be a VIP member to get the exo suit or will be that valuable to everyone at same time ? As they only making limited numbers and want to get one but May not be a VIP member by then

Regards

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,917
    Exo suit is general release with no VIP early bird special.

But it's good you will join the VIP scheme anyway, as it means you won't miss out on future promos.
  • chris_bhamchris_bham Member Posts: 65
    Will I still get the promo mini with the mini copper?
    I think so. If you get it in store, you can join at the same time.

If online, maybe phone the order to Lego CS and ask them, if it doesn't automatically get added when you try.
  • chris_bhamchris_bham Member Posts: 65
    No stores around here Unfortuentley
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,944
    The mini mini is free with every order over (probably) £50 in August, not just the maxi mini
    CoraHarrison
  • leg0fanleg0fan Member Posts: 37
    have to be VIP
  • CoraHarrisonCoraHarrison Member Posts: 242
    Huw said:

The mini mini is free with every order over (probably) £50 in August, not just the maxi mini

Thanks for this info Huw. Really want the Mini, Mini but can't afford the Mini or £50 until next month so perfecto for me :)
    madforLEGO
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,076
    Just been to the Metrocentre store to see the Mini in the flesh. They had one built and on display. It was a good looking car in it's own right, just didn't look enough like a mini for me. Looked more like a Jeep wrangler with a lid and the steering wheel is massively off scale - imagine a small car with a Bus' steering wheel inside. I ummed and I ahhed about it, just didn't like it enough to pick one up and this month has been pretty expensive already.

The built mini-mini looked just awful next to it - the only connection between the 2 models seemed to be colour.
    bobabricks
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    edited July 2014
    I just want to get the mini mini polybag to try to modify and fit a minifig inside, I'm determined. ;P

Does anybody know where exclusive Creator polys are on Bricklink I've looked all over the Creator section but nothing... :/
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,225
    edited July 2014

I just want to get the mini mini polybag to try to modify and fit a minifig inside, I'm determined. ;P

Does anybody know where exclusive Creator polys are on Bricklink I've looked all over the Creator section but nothing... :/

Im guessing you cannot find all the LEGO polys in one place on BL
    It appears the ones with Minifigures ( Balloon cart) are in the 'Creator' section. But the Hot Dog Cart is listed under creator: Basic set... weird

I think models, like the VW Bus, are in the catalog in BL under 'Basic Model' At least it appears the VW van is this way:
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=40079-1
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=S&catString=171.680
    bobabricks
    The easiest way I know to find them is to search on brickset, then type the set number into bricklink.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,944
    There is also a link to BrickLink on the 'Links' tab on the set details pages.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    I ordered the Mini and the mini Mini polybag at lego.com us last week and received a notice that it has shipped. Hope it arrives soon. Our store in Raleigh does not yet have them, but does say it will have Trevi Fountain on the shelves August first.

I love the VW van polybag, but don't own the set. Sometimes the polybag is cooler than the set it is based on. It is neat to see polybags based on sets take off because they are much smaller and less expensive or even free. And often easier to collect. It is easy to display a lot of polybag builds in limited space, which is important when you have run out of space.
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    legogal said:

I ordered the Mini and the mini Mini polybag at lego.com us last week and received a notice that it has shipped. Hope it arrives soon. Our store in Raleigh does not yet have them, but does say it will have Trevi Fountain on the shelves August first.

I love the VW van polybag, but don't own the set. Sometimes the polybag is cooler than the set it is based on. It is neat to see polybags based on sets take off because they are much smaller and less expensive or even free. And often easier to collect. It is easy to display a lot of polybag builds in limited space, which is important when you have run out of space.

I have the VW Camper Van and the set is awesome. It is huge compared to what I thought the size would be. Unfortunately I don't own the VW poly. I do plan on getting both the Mini and the Mini mini this time.
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329
    If I signed up for a VIP card during the transaction, will I still get the polybag?
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,616
    ^ You should, but I would ask first in store or call for a phone order and they should give it to you.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    Let's hope that TLG keeps offering matching polybags for the exclusives and larger sets. It is great having #10230 containing five micro builds of modulars. It is outstanding when these polybags are given away with purchase of the large set. LEGO does not have to lower its price for the bigger sets, and customers feel that they have received a lot of extra value with the free matching polybag. A brilliant marketing strategy that costs very little and produces a lot of customer good will and loyalty towards the company. This is called a win/win strategy.