Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Mini for sale for VIPs with 2 bonuses

I just order the new #10242 Mini Copper and not only did the Shredder Figure it also included the Mini Model for the Copper (#40109). Just wanted everyone to know in case they were on the fence of buying one.
Farmer_John

Comments

• iluvmyelementiluvmyelement Member Posts: 52
    Thanks for posting - I was going to wait until the 1st since the calendar said the mini model would only be between 8/1 and 8/31 but since they are adding it now I might as well buy since I think this will be on backorder status fairly quickly.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    Ordered mine last night as well.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    thanks, i just received the email and thinking about it, then saw the Mini Mini Cooper is included. so check out at lego site and see the flashback Shredder is also included, then it will be a no brainer! was thinking about go to the store, but I doubt they will give out both! WAY TO go!
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    Just left the Lego store empty handed. They are not matching the online double-promo giveaway. So order online!
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    My B&M store (Costa Mesa, CA) ran out of Flashback a couple of days ago.
    I bought my Mini Cooper today because I want to give it to my son as soon as he returns from his Concert Tour, rather than wait for the set to ship out on Aug. 1st.

I have both Coopers in hand now and can breathe a sigh of relief!
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    ^Is there any reason to think these will not ship until Aug. 1st? That does not sound very VIP??? I expected these to ship ~right away. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,673
    edited July 2014
    ^ Earlier today, the page for #10242 said that it was a pre-order that will ship on Aug 1. I ordered it then, however it has already shipped and now the page says nothing about a pre-order.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    I ordered when it said pre-order as well and only my promos shipped so far. So I'm expecting the set itself to ship later. My Death start I just ordered on back order shipped even though it said it wouldnt ship for another 2 weeks.
  • ChgoMattChgoMatt USAMember Posts: 108
    The US August Store calendar indicates the mini MINI will be free with any $99 purchase starting August 1st.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    DadsAFOL said:

Just left the Lego store empty handed. They are not matching the online double-promo giveaway. So order online!

My store did both, no questions asked.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,012
    Crappy Chima fire bike is included instead of the Shredder poly on [email protected] UK site right now. Going to Metrocentre today. While the wife is sorting through the Next sale leftovers i'll head down to the Lego shop about 20 doors away to take a look at the Mini.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,012
    Like the Mini as a generic car build, but looks more like a jeep wrangler with a roof, massively over-sized steering wheel spoils the otherwise excellent interior. Been an expensive month so i'll pass. polybag mini is ugly as sin.
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    In the U.S. My order of Mini, mini Mini, and Shredder has shipped, complete.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited July 2014
    cloaked7 said:

In the U.S. My order of Mini, mini Mini, and Shredder has shipped, complete.

Will its delivery involve a kicked about parcel?
    If so, it'll be a Mini, mini Mini, Shredder, shipped complete...ly shredded. ;oP
    ^ I'm in TN. LEGO ships out of MS. There is a huge FedEx hub in Memphis, so I usually get my LEGOS in 1 or 2 days after shipment. (not unusual for me to get sets the next day) It looks like all of the sets will arrive together. We'll see. I should know tomorrow, the expected delivery date.
    My order arrived complete today. The 10242 box is smaller than what I expected. The model looks nice and has several nice details. The minis are meh..., but free.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    ^I'm in the same boat...small box, meh minis, and nice model. As a bonus, the shipping box arrived in dimensionally symmetrical condition.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    Would it be bitchy of me to take my mini to the store and swap it because it is crushed a little
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    ^mini mini, YES, mini, NO!
    margot
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    Mine just arrived in less than a week...out of MS, too. Just built the minimini, and it is cute! Reminds me of was it Ron's car in Harry Potter?The only thing I would have changed is to make the front hood rounded on the front end. Otherwise it is fine.

Can't wait to build the real Mini as my Mom and I had so much fun driving a rental one around the UK in 1978. We laughed most of the time, especially when we got into and out of the car because it was about a third the size of the Ford LTD's Mom used to blaze through the Arizona desert at 105 mph back then. Because I was learning to drive on the left hand side of the road, it was great that it was a very mini Mini. We ended up on the sidewalk a lot (even in London) when we could not quickly figure out where the heck to go. And I was practically born in the swimming pool because Mom parked me in a Mini inner tube roped to the pool ladder so she could teach swimming every summer. Long live Minis, and may they forever make me laugh!
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 551
    My order arrived today but it was missing the Shredder minifig. They're going to send me another one, though.