Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

10212 Box Size And Weight

SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
edited November 2011 in Buying & Selling Topics
I'm going to be in Vegas for Christmas and thought I would bring this back if it will fit in the case. Can someone do a measure for me please?

Also any tips on the best place to pick one up locally? Or maybe Amazon to the hotel?

Comments

• cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 806
    it would cost about $30 to ship it home, or take some old clothes and leave them there! it's about 4kg

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=10212-1
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Thanks for that. Smaller box than I thought. I think I'm allowed 23kg so weight shouldn't be a problem.
  • bellybutton290bellybutton290 Member Posts: 453
    @kevbags awesome set hope you get it home ok. It's a cracker!!
  • streekerstreeker FranceMember Posts: 299
    edited December 2011
    Why even use a suitcase? You can find a box big enough to fit all four (or more), use some packing material, or doublebox if you're worried about keeping your sets mint. As long as you're within the maximum size dimensions, and don't mind carrying it around, that might be an option.
    Its around $50 for another checked bag of 23kg. Very tempted to pay the extra.
  • bellybutton290bellybutton290 Member Posts: 453
    ^do it, you won't regret it for one minute once it's built and sitting on it's stand in your home.
    The shuttle is already fixed. I'm tempted to use the extra allowance for more sets at discount US prices.
  • streekerstreeker FranceMember Posts: 299
    edited December 2011
    Sorry @kevbags, for some reason, that bricklink pic of the 4 shuttles made me think it was for you, hence the reference to four in my first post. Don't mind me.

Are you there for a few days after Christmas? Check out the local Targets and Walmarts. They start clearancing all their toys around then. You might be lucky and get 30 to 50% off. Just one thing: open any sets you bought at a store, especially if you got it at Walmart. Sometimes it might be missing things, like, oh, minifigs. I would use Amazon to deliver the shuttle to the hotel. That's a hard set to find locally.
    I'll find it tricky to hit the local sales but I'm going to try. The better half has already told me she has no intention of spending time looking but I tend to get up earlier so should have some windows of opportunity ;-)
    post the shuttle home it cost me $35 to ship it priority to uk.
    Didn't you get stung with import tax etc?
    nope shipped as a gift with a value of $35
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    @kevbags, I took with me in the plane back 2 week ends ago 2 x 10218, they looked at me at the gate with my big lego bags, but I said it is for christmas, and they let me go onboard with them....so you can pack your suitcase with smaller stuff, and get the two big ones with you in the plane! just asked for double or triple bags at the store, so you can transport them easily...
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    I'd go with the extra suitcase - there's a lot of tempting things to buy in the states apart from lego. I'm sure your wife will enjoy the 2 outlet malls that are near Vegas. And I'm sure you'll LOVE Vegas. I'm massively frustrated that we went 4 times to the states last year, before I got back into Lego! ah the bargains I might have had.No plans to return in the near future :(
  • jonboy2000jonboy2000 Member Posts: 242
    @kevbags I'm not saying it isn't, but I would double check it's not $50 for 2 checked bags at 23kg and not 2 checked bags at 46kg (or maybe you meant [email protected]). Another 23kg for $50 sounds very generous
    ^^ I'm with you on loving Vegas. Been a few times but this is the first time at Christmas.

^ I'll check the BA website because its highly likely I have it wrong!
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    Vegas is beautiful at Christmas. Many of the hotels have lavish Christmas scenes and decoration.

If you'll have a car, take a drive out to Springs Preserve. They put up an awesome Christmas display. It's open December 10-11, and 17-23 from 5-9PM. It is "mostly" for families, but there's something like half a million lights on display.

Also check out the Bellagio fountains, which will be themed to Christmas music, and Bellagio also has an indoor conservatory which is decorated nicely.

Brent