Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The new Brickset: known issues

2»

Comments

• Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    Hi @Huw‌
    My post on the main site country detected me in the US today when I'm in the UK. I'll pm you the country detection results but IP detected belongs to a UK provider. It may be the first post I've done on the main site despite joining years ago, I can't remember.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    @Huw not really an issue but didn't think it needed its own thread. Is there a way with the browse mechanism to have the drop down menu available when you are currently in a selection, as well as show the current selection so that you can go to another selection without first "cancelling" the current one and waiting for the page to refresh. Just think it is an unnecessary step.

Example:
    Browse 2014 creator sets. Then want to see 2013. You first have to cancel the 2014 selection, wait for it to refresh to all creator, then select 2013. Would be nice to just be able to pull the drop down and select 2013 and go there directly instead.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    ^ As you're probably aware you can currently manipulate the URL to achieve that. I agree it would be nice to be able to do that via the drop down menus however.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    ^ Yeah, was looking for a UI way. I'd almost prefer it to be more like the Amazon search where you can check multiple items for each level/category.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,914
    I would like to provide that functionality but it's actually quite hard to do so without loads of additional database calls. It's probably something I'll investigate over the winter, though.
  • DraugDraug CanadaMember Posts: 34
    There was a information panel that contained "trivia" on a given set that you were looking at. I think it was a data pull from Brickipedia. The last while I've noticed it isn't there. I really enjoyed seeing some of those more random details on some of the sets.

Did I mess up my settings somehow, or is that functionality gone?

Thanks so much Huw, and others, for a great site.
    The functionality was slowing the page loading time down and to be perfectly honest the trivia was in most cases just stating the obvious and added no real value to the page. Often it was wrong, too.

So, I decided to remove it.
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    @huw, another non-issue more like request. (should we have a functionality request thread?) anyway, my thought was can surfing through the user reviews add in the sub themes like surfing sets has? example: City sets are over 2000 reviews, sure I can limit by rating, and year, but all I may be interested in is Fire theme sets. Sorting through the rest of the City sets is cumbersome when trying to comb through so many reviews. its nothing huge, I know, but would be a nice addition if possible. thanks in advance, either way.
    Probably yes, good idea. I'll look into it.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    What happened to the Target product feed? Is it coming back?
    The feed has some issues by the looks of things. I'll investigate tomorrow.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,431
    @Huw - looks like prices aren't updating on the buy Lego section - noticed first that the stuff from Lego shop hasn't gone up to the 50% off now on the website and just noticed a couple of amazon prices are better than they are showing on the list.
    Updates to the LEGO.com feed can be 1-2 days behind the website, unfortunately. Everything is being imported correctly at the moment, as far as I can tell, except Target which I'll be sorting as soon as the sun goes in :)
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,431
    It was Benny's Spaceship I noticed, but I see that's changed now, I guess I must have noticed that before the update had triggered
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    Huw, is there a delay on the want list counts for a set? I ask because I added the SDCC Ghost to my want list and its still showing as 0 own, and 0 want. My want list, lists it just fine but the set itself does not.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,649

Huw, is there a delay on the want list counts for a set? I ask because I added the SDCC Ghost to my want list and its still showing as 0 own, and 0 want. My want list, lists it just fine but the set itself does not.

I think the 'Own" and "Want" counts update overnight.
    Yes they are updated overnight, to save expensive aggregate queries every page load.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,079
    How come the 48x48 baseplate #628 doesn't show up on the Amazon discounts page?
    Sets > 3 or so years old are struck off the list for checking as it's likely that only marketplace sellers will be selling them. 628 is still a current set, I know, but that's why...
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,079
    Ah I see, thanks!
  • jmwardyjmwardy Member Posts: 6
    It's not really an issue, I suppose, but on mobile devices I think that it would be more helpful if set pages displayed 'set details' and 'collections' (and, perhaps, the other information that appears on the right-hand side of the screen in the non-mobile version) above the ebay etc. tabs.

And, for those with limited mobile data allowances maybe it would be better if the ebay tab didn't open automatically.

Anyway, just a couple of thoughts. Keep up the good work.
    ^ Probably, but what would that do for my affiliate revenue from eBay? :)
  • woony2woony2 UKMember Posts: 336
    I've just added the exo suit to 'my sets' and that worked fine, but when I updated the minifigures collection it did not add the two green astronauts. If you look at the listing for exo suit there is no category for number of minifigs. Ordinarily this wouldn't bother me too much but with the inclusion of those two astronauts I will hit the 750 minifigures in sets milestone, after recently passing the 100,000 pieces in sets milestone.
    We are reliant on bricklink for minifig data. Once they've inventoried the set they'll appear.