Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

TRU Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off Sale.

Here's the latest TRU sale. I guess there are some good deals to be had there. Maybe this thread can be for what people have picked up and for finding out what might be the best combos to maximize savings?

For me, I'm thinking of picking up the Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape (kind of don't want to wait around on that one; seems like it could disappear in an instant. Plus, it's got Harley!) and the X-men Blackbird. That gets me to less than $100 on both, which seems like an okay deal.

What else y'all got?

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,258
    I noticed that some of the Hobbit and loTR sets were not horribly priced after the BOGO40%, even with TRUs 'RRP'
    Still not enough to get me to buy though.
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 784
    I picked up 2x #6857 Funhouses for myself and a mate. Even when ordering from UK, comes to £85 shipped and tax paid. Done deal.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,085
    GOTG sets and the Xmen set are priced at MSRP and did not have the dreaded "Hot Price" label on them in the stores. 20% off new sets is a decent deal.
    Zon
  • ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    ecmo47 said:

GOTG sets and the Xmen set are priced at MSRP and did not have the dreaded "Hot Price" label on them in the stores. 20% off new sets is a decent deal.

Pulled the trigger on 2x Blackbirds, one to build with the kiddos and one to shelf!

• prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    Honestly, I don't see anything worthwhile.
  • Pate5346Pate5346 Member Posts: 734
    Was trying to order #6857 but for some reason it won't allow me to finish the check out as I put all the card details correctly but after pressing the final button to authorize the payment it throws a odd window in which says that one of the card details is incorrect. I'm in UK. Anyone experienced it before or am I doing something wrong. Thanks.
  • BillybrownBillybrown UKMember Posts: 748
    Pate5346 said:

Was trying to order #6857 but for some reason it won't allow me to finish the check out as I put all the card details correctly but after pressing the final button to authorize the payment it throws a odd window in which says that one of the card details is incorrect. I'm in UK. Anyone experienced it before or am I doing something wrong. Thanks.

I always seem to have the same problem. I try different cards and even asked others to try and still the same.

• alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 516
    ^ Try PayPal it works better and you get a receipt from them with the order number on when the checkout fails!
  • BillybrownBillybrown UKMember Posts: 748
    alijoezac said:

^ Try PayPal it works better and you get a receipt from them with the order number on when the checkout fails!

Doesnt work with paypal for me (UK) not sure about anyone else?

• sirrich69sirrich69 Member Posts: 452
    I am Uk based and have ordered from TRU.COM

My experience paypal works every time, and get a email from paypal confirming transaction, and maybe get an email from TRU.

Paying by credit card generally the systems seems to hang, and get no payment confirmation, however the transaction has gone through as 2 weeks later receive the goods and credit card has been charged.

In some case paying by credit card TRU do confirm payment and order, it is very hit and miss, however have not ordered from them in the last 6 months.

Looks like the same issues as I had around Christmas, for those that don't think your order has gone through, check your credit card as you may get a surprise, or in my case a double surprise. 2 failed attempts at orders actually turned into 2 orders for exactly the same sets, delivered 2 weeks later.
  • Pate5346Pate5346 Member Posts: 734
    edited July 2014
    sirrich69 said:

I am Uk based and have ordered from TRU.COM

My experience paypal works every time, and get a email from paypal confirming transaction, and maybe get an email from TRU.

Paying by credit card generally the systems seems to hang, and get no payment confirmation, however the transaction has gone through as 2 weeks later receive the goods and credit card has been charged.

In some case paying by credit card TRU do confirm payment and order, it is very hit and miss, however have not ordered from them in the last 6 months.

Looks like the same issues as I had around Christmas, for those that don't think your order has gone through, check your credit card as you may get a surprise, or in my case a double surprise. 2 failed attempts at orders actually turned into 2 orders for exactly the same sets, delivered 2 weeks later.

So how long before it shows on statement/activity. Do they charge your card when they send the goods or before?
    As I've tried the order three times and really don't need 6 copies of the set.
    If I go to TRU.COM now it still shows in the basket. So not sure If the order went through.
    Thanks

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,258
    I have occasionally had issues with TRU not being able to properly check me out.
    Clear your browser cookies and cache and try again. TRUs site leaves much to be desired sine I do ont think they have update the overall architecture for about 10 years, if ot more.
  • sirrich69sirrich69 Member Posts: 452
    ^^

I can't comment on how long it took if I was charged at shipment or straight away.

All I know is my neighbour around Christmas called round with 2 parcels.

More LEGO they said, I was confused until I opened and realised it was my TRU order that I did not think I had placed.

It was only then that I checked my credit card and sure enough I had a payment. The payment was to I-parcel in the UK. I-parcel are the shipping agents for TRU when shipping abroad.

I had the same, the sets I wanted still showing in my basket, so assumed no order placed an ordered again.

I would contact TRU customer service to get confirmation of any orders for you.
  • ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    edited July 2014
    Fastest turnaround from TRU I've seen. Ordered Monday morning with free shipping, arriving today (Wednesday) via UPS. Crazy!
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 682
    If your out and about checking Targets/Walmarts for their clearance, you might check out a TRU for their Lego clearance. Stores are 80-90% off right now on their yellow, brown, blue, green clearance. I bought 8 Darth Vader keychain lights for $1.80each and some Chima Speedorz for $2.48ea.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    The new star wars Ghost and Phantom sets are available in a bundle box on TRU now for $109.99 and it is included in the BOGO40 so if you're interested in more than one of each or have someone to split it with it comes out to 23.5% off RRP since the box is $5 below RRP of the combined sets.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=37974566
    margot
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    So after starting this thread with grand plans to buy the Funhouse Escape and the X-Men Blackbird, I decided to save my money and not get either. I'll keep hoping the Funhouse shows up for even less than it is and keep an eye out for the Blackbird. I hope some of you, though, found some good deals with this sale!
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    Looks like the deal is over with online. I went this morning to make a purchase and it only has a free shipping offer.
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    Mathias said:

Looks like the deal is over with online. I went this morning to make a purchase and it only has a free shipping offer.

still available in amazon. not sure if they have all the sets wanted but might be better deal
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    I checked amazon. Neither set I was looking at qualified.