Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Ideas Exo Suit (21109) Pricing Revealed

Comments

• AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,923
    edited July 2014
    cloaked7 said:

^ The Exo-Toa was a 2 in 1. A 2002 set. I don't recall many Bionicle sets being 2 in 1 at that time. Maybe Boxor was? I don't recall many of the newer Bionicles being 2 in 1 either. Not even the Mata Nui sets. Good gravy Mata Nui was 5 years ago!

All of the larger BIONICLE sets were 2-in-1 back then. Boxor, Cahdok & Gahdok, and all the 2001 Rahi were 2-in-1. The smaller sets like Toa and Bohrok were not 2-in-1 but they had combi models. In 2003 the larger sets like Makuta and Takanuva were given combi models like the smaller sets instead of alternate models and that's how things continued from then until 2007 when they stopped doing those as well.

Brickset has links to the instructions for all of those sets on LEGO Customer Service in case you want to refresh your memory.
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    ^ Thanks. I would refresh my memory, then forget it all in a week. :-) I'll have to build the Exo Suit and compare it side by side with Exo-Toa!
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,435
    According to the OT @rancorbait the price for this set will be $34.99.
    I wonder how that will translate to Euro's, and what the price will be for this set in The Netherlands, or France? I am dying to know.
    Anyone have any knowledge on this? By which I mean does anyone actually KNOW (not mere conjecture) what the price for this set will be in countries in Europe?
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716

Anyone have any knowledge on this? By which I mean does anyone actually KNOW (not mere conjecture) what the price for this set will be in countries in Europe?

No; I don't think Lego have made any kind of *official* statement about pricing, availability, etc. I'd treat anything you've heard to this point as rumour, speculation, hearsay ... there will be a proper announcement from Lego later this month, before the set is widely available.

@bluemoose‌
    Thanks, will have to wait for TLG's official announcement later this month.

____

Based on comments here and the comment-section underneath Huw's review, as well as elsewhere, it seems a huge hype regarding availability of this set might be in the making. There perhaps only being one batch being produced, and people fearing this set being sold out very quick. I hope this set will be widely available for some time to come. I really want to buy this set but I just realized I might be unable to buy it before the end of September, going abroad for some time and in all likeliness not having the opportunity to obtain one during that time.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Yes, unless they change their plans it seems unlikely this will be easily available beyond a couple of weeks and perhaps even less.

The question then is what might stop them making more? The time of year is bad as presumably they'll be fully scheduled producing stock for Christmas and might not want to interrupt that to produce more exosuits. In terms of parts the obvious one that might not be available is the green minifigs - no idea how easy or quick they can produce an extra 20,000 plus?
    Well on [email protected] (the Dutch site) it says that the Ghostbuster set is out of stock with an expected ship date 24 july 2014. Which I presume suggests that TLG is/was busy producing an additional batch of that particular set. I assume because of high demand, so why not produce extra sets. Might the same not hold true for the Exosuit set?!
    I have no idea if the Lego factories are always producing Lego sets at max capacity?!
    I know it is all speculation on my part as I have on insider knowledge, but what do you think?
    ^No, I suspect they always intended to produce additional batches of GB and they would have been scheduled in. If they expected to sell 100,000 copies over the first 12 months they wouldn't produce them all in one go. The same with BTTF. We've been told that the initial run for the exosuit is 10,000 and the current plan is not for a second run. I really hope they do see the high demand and push through a second, third, whatever run - they did it with minecraft but still failed to get it out much before christmas (iirc they started arriving in the UK stores about 5 days before christmas) but having seen the hype they should be half expecting it this time.

I believe that they are pretty much running at 100% and are needing additional factory capacity. However, from August on I suspect they will be at their busiest getting stock produced for Christmas. My wife used to run a cosmectics/shampoo factory and from August they produced all the chirstmas gift sets etc.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,813

Well on [email protected] (the Dutch site) it says that the Ghostbuster set is out of stock with an expected ship date 24 july 2014. Which I presume suggests that TLG is/was busy producing an additional batch of that particular set. I assume because of high demand, so why not produce extra sets. Might the same not hold true for the Exosuit set?!
    I have no idea if the Lego factories are always producing Lego sets at max capacity?!
    I know it is all speculation on my part as I have on insider knowledge, but what do you think?

I doubt it is correct that they will not ship until 24 July. For the reason that I bought from [email protected] UK and had the same (I thought it said 22 July, but it could have been 24 July), and yet it was dispatched (from the Netherlands) a couple of days ago. I think there expected dates are worst case scenarios, as often parcels are sent much faster. For them to say 24 July, I expect that means the stock is already produced and in the shipping line somewhere, not that they are being produced.

We've been told that the initial run for the exosuit is 10,000 and the current plan is not for a second run.

I cannot find the original statement now. I recall the one run part, but was there the mention of 10,000?
    Well ten can someone please go on some Arctic mission, hijack Santa's sled, steal his reindeer, kidnap a bunch of those tiny Oompa-Loompa elves from the north-pole, fly to all those countries with Lego plants and toss 'em into those Lego factories for a production capacity boost.

We need more Exo-suits!!!
    @cheshirecat & @CCC
    Seriously!
    Thank you for your thoughts and info.

ps.
    Lego ought to do multiple production runs for the Exo-suit set, as I expect this to be a set which has great appeal to an entire generation of men in their thirties and forties too, who played with Classic space themselves as kids, many of whom have kids them selves, or whose inner-child just screams to be unleashed, and who I think are very likely to want to buy this set, either for themselves or for their kids. Especially with the Lego Movie out there and the introduction of Benny and his spaceship set being sort of related to each other. Unless of course I am just a total crackpot?!
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734

[...] I expect this to be a set which has great appeal to an entire generation of men in their thirties and forties too, who played with Classic space themselves as kids [...]

If you're referring to non-AFOLs, I'm not so sure. If it were a blue and gray ship with trans-yellow canopies, I'd fully agree. But other than the minifigures and the logo, the set is not reminiscent of Classic Space at all.

If this set sells out quickly, I think it will be because of resellers expecting it to sell out quickly.
  • kelvinlymkelvinlym GermanyMember Posts: 17
    It was stated in the review that the box measured 26x19cm. May I know what is the height?
    binaryeye said:

[...] I expect this to be a set which has great appeal to an entire generation of men in their thirties and forties too, who played with Classic space themselves as kids [...]

If you're referring to non-AFOLs, I'm not so sure. If it were a blue and gray ship with trans-yellow canopies, I'd fully agree. But other than the minifigures and the logo, the set is not reminiscent of Classic Space at all.

If this set sells out quickly, I think it will be because of resellers expecting it to sell out quickly.
    Yeah, I sort of have to agree here. Granted, not all Classic Space sets were the blue and grey color scheme people associate with them — in fact, most of the land-based rovers and small fliers in the early days of the theme were mainly grey, so it makes some sense for a walker like this to share that same sort of color scheme. But I find it a bit peculiar whenever I see a comment about how much this looks like Classic Space. Even the original proposal, a Neo Classic Space model, was unapologetically modern in both its subject matter and its aesthetic. For the most part, Classic Space wasn't characterized by greebly complexity, but rather by geometric simplicity.

Even Benny's Spaceship, with its wedge-shaped design, angular windscreen, and boxy fuselage, feels more like Classic Space to me in many respects. It is heavily modernized, but its choice of shapes, parts, and motifs echoes many actual Classic Space sets. It could never be confused for an actual Classic Space set, but its references to Classic Space are certainly more extensive than just its colors and minifigures.

I actually sort of think that we'd be more likely to see something evocative of actual Classic Space not in an AFOL-oriented masterwork like this one, but in a set from a theme like Juniors which is characterized by kid-friendly simplicity.
    CCC said:

We've been told that the initial run for the exosuit is 10,000 and the current plan is not for a second run.

I cannot find the original statement now. I recall the one run part, but was there the mention of 10,000?
    Quite. Who, with any real privileged information, gave us that number? Anyone who knows the real figure is unlikely to post it on a web forum! I believe that the "10,000" figure quoted is a PDOOMA number, with nothing behind it. I've no idea where it originated, and I don't think it's even remotely accurate. However, I have good reason to believe that there were a lot more than 10k Mars rovers produced ... and we all know how quickly that sold out. So don't hang around once the exo-suit hits the shelves.
    I think it goes much wider than classic space anyway. I never had classic space as a kid, and when I see it I see just a fairly typical large mechanical exosuit. People are used to seeing them in countless films like Avatar through to District 9 or even Aliens (though they are quite different in shape and size), I reckon loads of people will want one for display even if they had never seen classic space lego sets.
    cloaked7TheBigLegoski
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    edited July 2014
    Aanchir said:

I actually sort of think that we'd be more likely to see something evocative of actual Classic Space not in an AFOL-oriented masterwork like this one, but in a set from a theme like Juniors which is characterized by kid-friendly simplicity.

Part of the fondness for Classic Space is in it's inherent simplicity and focus on exploration. Not juniorization. Call it nostalgia if you will; I most definitely think any Classic Space revival from Lego should be AFOL oriented. The Exo-Suit will be a test for sure. If it's successful then I don't see why Lego shouldn't go forth with a new line of sets. I would love to see a modular space base for the Exo-Suit to reside in. Then a Neo-Galaxy Explorer type ship. I know that is what Benny's Spaceship is supposed to be. But it would be neat to see something a little less over the top if you will and similar in style to the Exo-Suit so that it can exist in the same universe.
    chuckpTheBigLegoski
    bluemoose said:

CCC said:

Quite. Who, with any real privileged information, gave us that number? Anyone who knows the real figure is unlikely to post it on a web forum! I believe that the "10,000" figure quoted is a PDOOMA number, with nothing behind it. I've no idea where it originated, and I don't think it's even remotely accurate. However, I have good reason to believe that there were a lot more than 10k Mars rovers produced ... and we all know how quickly that sold out. So don't hang around once the exo-suit hits the shelves.
    LEGO Cuusoo/Ideas sets are produced in batches of between 10,000 and 20,000 according to @Nabii himself in the comments to this article. Seeing as we know only one batch is currently planned, there is some legitimacy to that guess.
  • kennywestkennywest Member Posts: 25
    Technic 41999 was a batch of 20.000 and sold out in a few days on [email protected] I think I am going to set the alarm clock very early on august first :)
    And yet I know that the exo-suit is being produced in a number significantly different from that quoted figure. So something doesn't add up.
    bluemoose said:

And yet I know that the exo-suit is being produced in a number significantly different from that quoted figure. So something doesn't add up.

Hmmm. Maybe the LEGO Group has increased the typical size of a batch of LEGO Ideas sets? It's totally possible, though at the same time it's not something I would have expected since the support threshold has not changed.
    I doubt support threshold has got much to do with sales anyway. Speed of reaching the threshold may indicate it will be a fast / good seller. But I wonder how many voters go on to purchase, and how many of the purchasers of a particular set have even heard of cuusoo / ideas, let alone voted.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Aanchir said:

Yeah, I sort of have to agree here. Granted, not all Classic Space sets were the blue and grey color scheme people associate with them — in fact, most of the land-based rovers and small fliers in the early days of the theme were mainly grey, so it makes some sense for a walker like this to share that same sort of color scheme.

It's not so much the color scheme, it's that there weren't really vehicles like this in Classic Space. The closest is probably #6882.

The logo is the main thing that ties the set to Classic Space. If taken away, I don't think it has enough design similarities to connect it.

• GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    all I see is classic space figs with upgraded tech. look how much things have changed with computers since the 80s for us! if they have had similar tech gains in the same amount of time this is what I'd expect them to have :P also I adamantly use the term Neo-Classic Space for this, and Benny's SSS. its not classic but it is in the spirit of classic and that is really what I think people are really jumping up and down in applause for.
    TheBigLegoskiAanchirchuckp
  • vynsanevynsane Member Posts: 179
    Aanchir said:

bluemoose said:

Hmmm. Maybe the LEGO Group has increased the typical size of a batch of LEGO Ideas sets? It's totally possible, though at the same time it's not something I would have expected since the support threshold has not changed.
    I don't think there's a hard-and-fast rule that all Cuusoo/Ideas sets get an initial run of 10k. I take it that TLG reserves the right to limit it to only that number, but can/will produce a run of whatever number their business analysis says makes the most sense above that threshold. That said, people have taken it to mean the first production run is 10k.

That, in turn, made Mark's comments on the reddit thread:

[–]Lego_Nabii 6 points 22 hours ago

This is currently a single production run - I'm not sure of the figures - but if you see it and you want it then buy it, at the moment when it's gone it's gone for good. Don't be disappointed. (Not trying to do a hard sell here, this is currently the plan!)

[–]404_11 2 points 17 hours ago

Ho my, well, if the demand is ultra-mega-super-high (like the minecraft one), will it be produced again for another round?

please say yes, please say yes, please say yes....

[–]Lego_Nabii 2 points 23 hours ago

At the moment the plan is for a single run. Don't dawdle on this one! (sorry.)
    turn into "a single production run of 10,000" by way of applied misinformation.

The most important thing to consider is that it WILL be available in stores, while Curiosity WAS NOT. It may be a single production run, but it could be a single production run of 50,000 or 100,000 for all we know (I really have no idea how many of each 'normal' set is produced, and this number could be way off). Analytical thinking, however, leads me to believe that the production run is much greater than that of Curiosity.
  • david325david325 Member Posts: 138
    I was in the Lego store and overheard the employees talking. Apparently there is only going to be 100 available. Each store will receive 1 and the rest will be sold through their site. Its a limit of one per customer and if you buy instore you have to be a VIP named Jeremy and they snap your card in half so you cant buy anymore. If you try to place multiple orders online they will suspend your account until you prove you arent a reseller by sending them your ebay details and bank statements.

But, thats all I heard.
    Bumblepantscloaked7AdeelZubairbobabricksBrickarmordougtsBuzzsawStormKitty
  • Ladder19JTKLadder19JTK Hudson ValleyMember Posts: 219
    ^ Jeremy?? I'm in luck!!!!
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    david325 said:

I was in the Lego store and overheard the employees talking. Apparently there is only going to be 100 available. Each store will receive 1 and the rest will be sold through their site. Its a limit of one per customer and if you buy instore you have to be a VIP named Jeremy and they snap your card in half so you cant buy anymore. If you try to place multiple orders online they will suspend your account until you prove you arent a reseller by sending them your ebay details and bank statements.

But, thats all I heard.

weird because I heard it was going to be a lottery draw. first 5 people to enter automatically win the rest have to hope they win the draw for the remaining 495 sets XD
    Well the reason I questioned the 10,000 was that my source reckons there are 'multiple 10K' classic space torsos in green being produced. Now we know there are two per set, so that number can be divided by two. I took multiple to mean 4-6 at least, not 2. So I was wondering whether there was something else coming to use those green torsos - I would assume not - or that 10K was too small.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,673
    May be will see a blue, red, black and green version of #5002812... one can dream :)
    The set seems to had a lot of teasers, video, etc in the past month to be a limited run, that said LEGO being LEGO, I will get it day one.
    I would say the min thing that matters is those that know how many are being made, Lego_nabii, bluemoose and others have all said the same, get it quickly. Whether it's 10,000, 20,000 or 25,000 makes little odds. We know how quickly 20,000 £120 technic sets sold out, I suspect £30 space sets will go even quicker. If it was 50,000 then i think it would stick around but from what's been said I'm pretty certain it's no where near that high.
    Bumblepants
  • bricktuarybricktuary Krakozhia (temporarily stuck in London)Member Posts: 866
    edited July 2014
    Perijove DID mention an initial run of 10k, in thread on here, in relation to the Rover.

Not hard to believe the same will apply to the Exo.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    A lot of re sellers will be disappointed if there is more than 10k available after the first batch.
    A lot of buyers won't, especially if resellers do pile in at minute one.
  • GoldJonoGoldJono Aberdeen, UKMember Posts: 217
    A chrome version of #5002812 would be awesome.
    Lego_Star
    ^
    I would be extremely happy with a pearl silver one too, or a pearl purple one!
  • PerijovePerijove Member Posts: 114

Perijove DID mention an initial run of 10k.

I think 10,000 is the minimum size of a run and that larger runs are some multiple of 10,000. I'm guessing that since my rover was available for such a short time that it only had one run. I'm not exactly sure how many were made, but I'd guess it was 20-30,000.

Aanchir
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,021
    I'm more excited about this set than the previous four fan sets. I started paying attention to these fan sets staring with Minecraft #21102......but this seem a bit different. The previous sets had an appeal due to being a recognized build (model). However, this is totally different, as this is original and Lego did a fantastic job in providing a product that is unique with great appeal and function. Much praise to the designer, however, Lego took initial design to another level.
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,697
    I believe this is what Lego Cuusoo/Ideas was all about; new and original creations not based on intellectual properties or real life. Something unique and fresh is the Exo-Suit, more projects like this should be created as official sets. I'm not saying I don't want models of real life vehicles or famous IP's it's just a chance to see something unique. We have seen three models based on real life vehicles and three based on intellectual properties and now the two original creations releasing soon: Exo-Suit and Research Institute. Lego original creations are lacking; we need more original creations from Lego Ideas.

dougts
    Adzbadboy said:

I'm not saying I don't want models of real life vehicles or famous IP's it's just a chance to see something unique. We have seen three models based on real life vehicles and three based on intellectual properties and now the two original creations releasing soon: Exo-Suit and Research Institute. Lego original creations are lacking; we need more original creations from Lego Ideas.

I don't think that is true and I think you have to be a little careful what you call original. If the Mars Rover is based on existing IP, then Research Instititute is too. After all, it is based on existing dinosaur skeletons, existing lab set-ups, etc. If it didn't look like it was based on something already existing, it wouldn't be as good. There are a number of original ideas on cuusoo / ideas and many of them are utter crap, since they are figments of someone's imagination. Any kid can design a space ship that looks like no other, and no-one wants this original piece since it doesn't look like anything.
    CCC said:

Adzbadboy said:

I'm not saying I don't want models of real life vehicles or famous IP's it's just a chance to see something unique. We have seen three models based on real life vehicles and three based on intellectual properties and now the two original creations releasing soon: Exo-Suit and Research Institute. Lego original creations are lacking; we need more original creations from Lego Ideas.

I don't think that is true and I think you have to be a little careful what you call original. If the Mars Rover is based on existing IP, then Research Instititute is too. After all, it is based on existing dinosaur skeletons, existing lab set-ups, etc. If it didn't look like it was based on something already existing, it wouldn't be as good. There are a number of original ideas on cuusoo / ideas and many of them are utter crap, since they are figments of someone's imagination. Any kid can design a space ship that looks like no other, and no-one wants this original piece since it doesn't look like anything.
    Sort of agreed here. I really don't like it when people talk about projects like this as "what LEGO Ideas was made for" because it sort of elevates a certain type of building over others. Building a model inspired by something from real life or a movie isn't inherently less creative than building your own original model. It just takes a different kind of creativity: finding creative solutions to very specific design problems that the subject in question presents.

I understand that it can feel a bit unfair that projects based on familiar subject matter can gather support so much more quickly than projects based on the creator's unique vision, but that doesn't mean that projects of more familiar subjects are a misuse of the platform. LEGO Ideas is about digging for ideas from the community that LEGO fans would like to see as sets. If it turns out that what LEGO fans want as sets are detailed replicas of specific real-life or fictional subject matter, then by making those sorts of ideas into sets LEGO Ideas is doing its job. Conversely, if LEGO fans choose to support their peers' original creations, that's what kind of sets should be coming out of LEGO Ideas... provided those creations are viable as sets.
  • kennywestkennywest Member Posts: 25
    Right. And as much as I admire the Exo Suit, it is not something unique and never seen before. Remember Alien? The Matrix? ... :)
    Lots of interesting comments...

Strolling down memory lane, as @CCC also noted the appeal of Mecha's is much wider then Lego classic space. However that does not mean it is beyond the realm of classic space or acceptable as neo-classic space, as @binaryeye argues since this exosuit does not bear resemble to any set from that era and does not bear the logo somewhere on its parts. The classic space theme did not follow a tight rule with regard to colourscheme, there are even sets which are almost completely devoid of the colour light grey even though it was abundant in most sets.

When I think of Mech's and exosuits, of the many things that come to my mind, among others is Ripley in her loadlifter from Aliens, as well as all these Japanese cartoon series I used to watch in the eighties as a little kid, many featuring giant robots some of which had human pilots sitting inside it. Classic space Lego may not be the first thing to think of when someone mentions Mech/exosuit, yet with your Lego you could always try to recreate something like it. These cartoons did influence and inspire kids such as myself of that era. TLG had in the eighties not developed the ball-joints ideal for the construction of these things yet. But still in 1984 TLG introduced a set that passed for something like a giant robot with astronauts in it even though it was a far cry from all those mech's and robots in films, cartoons and live-action series: brickset.com/sets/6951-1/Robot-Command-Center I never had that set myself, but that did not mean I never incorporated giant robots/Mech's into my play scenario's, as lunar landings and mineral searching got boring quickly. So giant robots and spooky aliens and Mechs were incorporated when playing with classic space Lego, especially since Lego never provided back stories on how to play with your Minifigs so you could make it all up yourself just as you felt like. Just like you could build whatever you imagined and could pull off with the bricks you had.

I remember the eighties as the golden age of scifi, teeming with productions trying to capture the magic that StarWars brought to the big screen in 1977, in conjunction with the space race from the previous decades which still smouldered on between NASA and the Soviets, the advent of the space shuttle, as well as the cold war still being a fact. Cartoons broadcast on telly from the eighties as well as those from the seventies, such as Gundam, Voltron, Captain Future, Ulysses 31, Battle of the Planets, Jason and the Wheeled Warriors, Transformers et cetera, and of course lots of scifi films, and series such as Star Trek, Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica, and 'V' were much more fantastical then what Lego Classic Space offered, which I always felt adhered more to the actual space race driven quest for exploring outer space, though without any political component. Yet somehow this exosuit Lego Ideas set with the turtle robot makes me reminisce about all this.

I suppose it is all in the eye of the beholder what is and what is not reminiscent of 'classic space Lego' or can be considered 'neo classic space Lego', or whether or not it is unique. Very few things are really unique, what matters is whether it is authentic, and in my view this Exosuit is just that.
    Captain_Eyebrowy2joshlegomatt
    I see it as the exo suit being what classic space might be if they did it now. A totally different palette (and style) of parts to what we had either side of 1980, and a different idea of what 'spacey' is. Sat side by side they'd probably jar, but the evolution from one to the other could be seen (beyond just the minifigure) . [although I feel the original feels more linked to classic space than the production version]

I see the same with the box, which is also a modern inception of the old moon-dust foreground/starry sky packaging. The moon dust is there, the starry sky is there but now the foreground has depth and shading, the sky has atmosphere - literally, and the backlit planet a more modern feel. Its an evolution to classic space, not a recreation.
    Captain_Eyebrowlegomatt
  • fenderbender336fenderbender336 Member Posts: 88
    Ughhh the suspense is killing me! Anyway, I cannot remember there being so much hype for a single set. If this turns out to be a single run, there's going to be a lot of very upset Lego fans...
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    I really doubt it'll be a single run product, it just doesn't make sense from a business perspective, LEGO could be making huge money on this.

But you never really can tell with LEGO...
    It may make sense from a business perspective. Missing out on a set may make people buy quicker and / or more next time.
    AdeelZubair
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 579
    One particular "mech" the set reminds me of is the one in Robocop 2.

Something I hope happens as a result of this set is an eventual reissue of all the Classic Space figures; there's been a Blue and a White one so far, but another opportunity to obtain them as well as the others would be great.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Apart from the fig and a little homage in the box art, Exo is not Classic Space. If there's a "theme" that Exo fits into, it's Neo Classic Space or more specifically the universe envisaged in Pete Reid and Tim Goddard's book LEGO Space Building the Future, which is mentioned in the set's booklet. What do you mean, you've not bought it yet??

The odds are heavily stacked against a CS revival. What we should all be campaigning for is further official versions of Pete & Tim's book models :)
    Captain_Eyebrow