Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO COLLECTIONS!

Comments

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    ^I had to stop collecting Star Wars Action Figures. It was too much. The only thing I collect now are the Cantina Aliens and Patrons. I haven't seen any new ones being released, so I haven't bought one for a long time.
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    Yeah, I got tired of seeing the same figures over and over. Clone Wars figures were good and there was a little more variety collecting the clones, Rex, Fox. and the ARC troopers since they had personality and varied costumes. I was hoping we got more Lego clones but I think the Customs will be the way to go for me.
  • klatu003klatu003 Hobbiton, Shire, Middle EarthMember Posts: 725
    @jediami65 & oldtodd33 - Yes my #10182 Cafe Corner is a semi-MOC, as is the #10185 Green Grocer. I bricklinked some of the more iconic elements and filled in with what I had. I got into this addiction after they had retired. @FollwsClosely Thanks! I actually like the black and gold awnings better than the original. Wyldstyle is on another shelf with the western TLM set.

Here is what the big layout looked like with the older part of town on the main table and the outlining newer construction and the trains on extra tables. Also that the back of GG is lime green!
    TheBigLegoskiJohnnyfinlandiazipsforbananasFollowsCloselyAdeelZubair
  • legonickblegonickb Brighton, UKMember Posts: 57
    Here is my small collection, have a few other pieces not on display. The smaller display cabinet I change the minifigures every month with different themes
    zipsforbananas
  • ajm390ajm390 Nelsons own CountyMember Posts: 38
    This is part of my collection. A custom built base unit and some shelving units underneath. I'd like another one to put the Maersk train and the Emerald Night together.

zipsforbananasAdeelZubair
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 598
    Since I can't edit my post above...

They are all in my closet, and to get the full picture, consider the first picture below as "ground level - center", and the following pictures (seen left to right, top to bottom) represent looking left, then up and left, then up and center, and finally up and to the right (on the right below is the actually bar where some clothes hang). Sorry about the orientations on pictures 2, 3, and 5. My phone set it that way upon upload.
    jadestaples
  • BobaConBobaCon Member Posts: 9
    There are some really cool collections in here.
  • Peter1975Peter1975 DeventerMember Posts: 166
    edited May 2014
    Yes, there are.
  • KangojackKangojack Member Posts: 38
    My custom display cabinet made from Tassie Oak.
    Contains approx 500 min figs, but room for over 1500!
    vitreolumSuperTrampzipsforbananassoiramMojoestAdeelZubair
  • Big_Blue_WinkyBig_Blue_Winky Member Posts: 181
    Here's a very small part of my collection in a new layout I made for the weekend.
    SuperTrampzipsforbananas
  • jadestaplesjadestaples Member Posts: 5
    This is one of my collections. I have a few more around the house. Star Wars is my main collection though.
    kekekeBrickDancerBrickarmorrancorbaitBumblepantssoirambinaryeyeAdeelZubair
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 1,009
    ^ that's a pretty nice collection. I really like the lord of the rings collection as well.
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839

This is one of my collections. I have a few more around the house. Star Wars is my main collection though.

I have that 3d Puzzle bust of Darth too.... ;)
    jadestaples

Since I can't edit my post above...

They are all in my closet, and to get the full picture, consider the first picture below as "ground level - center", and the following pictures (seen left to right, top to bottom) represent looking left, then up and left, then up and center, and finally up and to the right (on the right below is the actually bar where some clothes hang). Sorry about the orientations on pictures 2, 3, and 5. My phone set it that way upon upload.

Do you build your sets or just collect them?
  • AsterickedAstericked Member Posts: 36
    @jadestaples Where did you get that display cabinet?
    edited May 2014
    It is cubic units from bunnings stacked together. 2 times 4x4 and 2 times 1x4. It works well unless the set is huge.
    @Astericked‌
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 598

Do you build your sets or just collect them?

Oh, I definitely build them. Several of the ones you see on the ground level have not been built, however, since I am usually not home enough to do so. But the majority of the boxes you see contain sets that have been built and displayed at least once. I just don't have any shelves in my room for them now.
    I know what you mean @Lego_Lord_Mayorca‌ I am studying and I try not to build anything unless it is uni holidays. Doesn't always work that way though. I love seeing everyone else's collections, I feel less odd now.
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,435
    @Peter1975
    Wow! Dat ziet er schitterend uit. (Wow! That looks splendid.)
    I love the way you display all your sets. Every Lego theme, its own diorama. Love all your castle, H.Potter, and pirate stuff!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,834
    tbzz said:

You're worse than the kids, leaving it all out on the floor. Learn to tidy away.

Nice collection. :-)
    bobabricks
    ^^Thanks, Now I wish I had more space to display it. But with 3 kids it's all boxed on the attic, waiting..... And there is an awful lot more Lego's over here...
    scrapd
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,145
    @Peter1975 do you have any additional photos or more close ups of your Pirates display?
    Peter1975
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 7,055
    @Peter1975 really like your castle pics, I see a lot of my childhood favorites mixed in there.
    Peter1975
    @piratemania7‌ : No, sorry. I haven't got the display at all anymore. All the sets are back in the bocks.
    But in time I hope for a new big place to display my Lego. Trust me, a lot of picture will get upload then.....
    In 'my collection' you'll see what will get displayed then.
  • SanddoodleSanddoodle Member Posts: 13
    Our "collection," including MOCs in progress, is displayed on a long wall across our dining room area and into the family room. We started with only one cabinet and 3 Harry Potter kits. (lower right photo).

Things got very big very fast after that - had to expand. Our whole collection is now on the wall, with very little in storage in the cabinets below. We don't have a Lego "room" exactly, but this idea could be adapted to a boy's or girl's room to save space by going up the wall.

FYI one large Lego kit is about 1 cubic foot, so our approx. 15 sets are about 15 cu.ft. if anyone wants to compute. I say "approximate" because some kits are small, and others have been absorbed into our MOC pieces. (Yes we also buy kits just for parts, but only the smaller ones.) We have 25,000-30,000 Lego pieces on the wall. (I can't believe I counted them all one day. MOCs not counted in the total.)

This is our new web site that shows details. http://www.elderplay.weebly.com/
    Please visit and maybe find some new ideas.
    HarryPotterLoverTheBigLegoskiBrickarmorklatu003TXLegoguybobabrickszipsforbananasAdeelZubairGoldchains
    @Sanddoodle "Elderplay" yes! Perhaps we can go by "SFOL" since "TFOL" is common usage for teens. One of my favorite childhood presents was Tinkertoys. I remember building the Fly Away fairground model, it was so impressive that it worked.
  • SanddoodleSanddoodle Member Posts: 13
    klatu003 said:

@Sanddoodle "Elderplay" yes! Perhaps we can go by "SFOL" since "TFOL" is common usage for teens. One of my favorite childhood presents was Tinkertoys. I remember building the Fly Away fairground model, it was so impressive that it worked.

Ah, but how do you PRONOUNCE "SFOL." Or even SNFOL. There's the rub.

As for the Tinkertoys, I did a lot of windmills I think. A ferris wheel would still be easier with those. Trying to figure out how to Lego a MOC ferris wheel...

Klatu, you said "we." Are you over age, er, 50?

@Sanddoodle Even 60 is in my rear view mirror, fading into the distance, despite the "objects in this mirror are closer than they appear" label.
    Pitfall69
    ^That is fantastic. I hope to be still be building Lego into my 60's-70's as long as I don't start knocking things over with my old man balls ;)
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 586

A ferris wheel would still be easier with those. Trying to figure out how to Lego a MOC ferris wheel...

I'm almost finished with one now... I started with the wheel configuration from #4957, and built benches to hold 2 minifigs apiece. With a blue, light-bright-orange, white and light bley color scheme, I'm rather pleased with how it turned out. As soon as I finish the ticket booth I'll post a picture of it in the MOC thread.

klatu003
    @Pitfall69 you probably need to worry more about knocking things over with your eyestalks. Lego is the coolest hobby I have ever taken up. I did those Puzzle3D buildings (and one spaceship) back in the 80s. They were limited to the one build and were all large, hard to display. They also lacked the whimsy and humor with which Lego abounds. I hope to still be building Lego Middle Earth when I'm in my 90s.
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,698
    After seeing some incredible collections her is my collection, It's not much:

I have the Minifigure Collectors Boxes for displaying the best from my collection. I display my empty boxes in a spare wardrobe whist my Diagon Alley is very busy populated by collectible minifigures and minifigures from ploybags.

I have a plan to buy http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40198396/#/00198402 when I have another modular building or two to start my Lego City on and make used of all those Super Heroes vehicles. I plan to purchase bookcases with glass doors for my display models. I will use the Lego Storage boxes http://brickset.com/sets/5003575-1/4-stud-Red-Storage-Brick for aesthetics and storage of small items.
    Mojoestrancorbaitzipsforbananas
  • Marc2501Marc2501 Member Posts: 48
    I like big cities with skyscrapers, so well that's one part of my little Manhattan :)

... just kidding, that's unfortunately not a part of my collection :/
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,911
    That must have been a bit of a repetitive build.
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,698
    ^OMG 64 Cafe Corners!!
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    ^ or 4 with bunch of bricklinked 2nd floors. Swap the rare pieces and I don't think those would be too bad.
    Pitfall69
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 7,055
    Probably a collaborative effort since it is at a convention.
    Pitfall69
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,616
    ^ If I remember correctly, that was built while CC was still in production. So while it was impressive to see when it was built people weren't gawking at it like they would now.
    Pitfall69
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,026
    Marc2501 said:

What's that at the 12th floor? An ape?
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    Still...I'll bet the wife still wishes she had a new car! I estimate the current value of that at about $13,000.00.
    15K+ if you used the original 2362b window that goes for at least $5.00 apiece.
    ^What new car can you buy for $13-15,000?
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,026
    Pitfall69 said:

There's quite a few in this price range.
    New to her!
    Pitfall69
    1265 said:

Pitfall69 said:

If you your name is Emmet ;)

• piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,145
    Pitfall69 said:

1265 said:

Pitfall69 said:

If you your name is Emmet ;)

Bought my brand new Kia Soul for about 13 K. 100,000 mike warranty and fantastic gas mileage. That's a win!