Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Just having some fun on LDD

MAN DOWN!!

Man Down! MAN DOWN!!
    bobabricksTheBigLegoskiAdzbadboycarlqGalactus
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 554

It's said that Rietveld took the shades of his yellow, red and blue accents from Piet Mondrian's paintings. Given that the standard Lego colours match perfectly, did Ole Kristiansen do the same ...?

Yes, in his keynote address at Brickworld, David Robertson, author of Brick by Brick, indicated that the original color palette was an acknowledgement of Mondrian's works.
    JenniTheBigLegoski
  • TechnicNickTechnicNick Berkshire, UKMember Posts: 277
    Aha! Thankyou @SirBen.
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    A completely improvised star wars moc...

Tomb of Darth Amilanar - A Star Wars Adventure

Tomb of Darth Amilanar - Guardian

Tomb of Darth Amilanar - Detail
    rancorbaitTechnicNickCapnRex101carlqbobabricksChrisbstm
    @vitreolum - I had seen these images on your Flickr photostream just a few minutes ago, so I was just waiting for you to post them here :o)
    Haha, you should have posted before I added them here, would have made for some awesome jedi mind trick. :))
    It certainly would have!
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,275
    @vitreolum‌ - Is it a droid? Whatever it is: I like it!
    edited July 2014
    Thanks... it's some sort of mech, hardly fitting with the sw aesthetics, but I think the tomb fits well with Korriban. One arm and the shoulder/upper torso is basically the last frog racer I made:

Frog Racers
    carlqCapnRex101bobabricksTechnicNickTheBigLegoski
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    @rancorbait If there wasn't an exo-suit already coming out I would say upload these to Cuusoo. :D
    rancorbait
    Retro time.

Automaton
    CapnRex101ChrisbstmGothamConstructionCoaimlesspursuitscarlqlegomattGalactusGoldchains
    nice :D
    @vitreolum I'm guessing you will be contending in the classic space MOC contest. ;)
    @bobabricks I was not aware of it.
    Well you are now :P
    Still don't know where it is. :))

Either way, don't think I'll enter, I'm not much of a spaceshipspaceshipspaceship builder, nor have I attempted something like that
    Thanks.
    I have a slight feeling that I have already lost this space contest ;)
    Legoboy
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,625
    edited July 2014
    I have already lost this space contest :/

"I don't have to be the bad guy. I'm the most talented, most interesting, and most extraordinary person in the universe. And I'm capable of amazing things. Because I'm the Special. And so is everyone. The prophecy is made up, but it's also true. It's about all of us. Right now, it's about me. And me... still... I can change everything."
    Yay, I'm special! ;P
    rancorbaitTheBigLegoskiAdzbadboy

Yay, I'm special! ;P

I wasn't qouting you; I felt the same after seeing the amazing piece by @Rancorbait
    @Adzbadboy It was a joke, you need to read it carefully and then process it and then you will get it ;P
    edited July 2014
    So here I was building a spaceship for the contest... yes, you read right A SPACESHIP, and somehow I ended up with this stupid bird. My expression at having seen my build was the same as the minifigs.

Birdbrain - Classic Space Epic Failure
    BumblepantscarlqChrisbstmbobabricks
    And the actual entry:

Mobile Mineral Extractor and Rafinery

JennicarlqTechnicNickCapnRex101rancorbaitTheBigLegoski
  • ChrisbstmChrisbstm USAMember Posts: 151
    @vitreolum‌ that bird is awesome! Like a classic space, Joust mashup!
  • Toa_Of_JusticeToa_Of_Justice Member Posts: 4
    Click any image for a larger picture.

Tinker Bell is an extremely popular character, originally created by J. M. Barrie, and currently owned by the Walt Disney Company. I believe fans of Disney and LEGO would love to build this rendition of her. In my concept model, her arms, legs, head, and wings can be moved to achieve various poses.

I had thought about buying the pieces to build Tinker Bell in real life, but most of her 199 pieces do not yet exist in the colors I chose--such as the Light Nougat (a.k.a. Light Flesh) in her head, arms, and legs. If my concept of Tinker Bell were to be produced, it might be possible to use Brick Yellow (a.k.a. Tan), a more common color, in place of Light Nougat. However, after trying that in LEGO Digital Designer, I noticed that Tinker Bell's skin looked unnatural. In real life, Brick Yellow might look better than it does in LEGO Digital Designer. While designing my concept, I tried to preserve a realistic appearance while still allowing for movement of joints. The arms and head were especially challenging. Although my concept has brick-built eyes, I think custom decals would look better.

Feel free to inspect my concept in LEGO Digital Designer. Here is the posed model, and here is a straight standing version.

Please vote for my concept on LEGO Ideas. If you have friends and/or relatives that might like this model, please tell them to sign up and vote for it too.
    bobabricksrancorbait
    @Chrisbstm Thanks, I hate it. :))
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    Finally had some time to build something and ended up building another mech using the new ball joints. Actually designed the entire model in LDD before building it which was a first. Quite happy with the results.

LRS-024 Longfoot
    rancorbaitAdzbadboybobabricksvitreolumJenniChrisbstmTechnicNickTheBigLegoski
    edited July 2014
    Now that the project is being unveiled on Flickr and MOCPages, I'm pleased to share this piece: image
    rancorbaitBumblepantsbobabricksvitreolumplasmodiumChrisbstmmonkeyTechnicNickGoldchains
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    Oh dear, I'm already reminiscing about the static caravan holidays I loved as a child... to the point that it made me design this minifigure scale static caravan:

And my favourite part: the ingenious solution I came up with for the obligatory sofa bed:... probably more comfortable looking than typical static caravan sofa beds ;-P

ChrisbstmMatthewvitreolumGothamConstructionCoTechnicNickmonkeychrisalddin
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,226
    ^ very nice, reminds me of childhood holidays on the isle of white.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,242
    SirBen said:

Now that the project is being unveiled on Flickr and MOCPages, I'm pleased to share this piece:

Really enjoyed this collaborative at Brickworld. One of my favorite movies and thought all the pieces on display were great.

Pitfall69
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,381
    edited July 2014
    "Static Caravan"? Hahahaha. That's the funniest thing I have heard all day :) In the US we call these Moblie Homes. "You know you are a redneck when your home is mobile and your cars are not." :)

Not always, but it is usually where the not-so-well-off live.
    rancorbaitGothamConstructionCo
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    ^ It's what we call a 10 or 12 foot wide caravan in the UK, they tend to largely stay in the same place over here probably because our roads are too small to constantly transport them (we have smaller ones for that) ;-)

I suppose holidaying in a caravan (static or mobile) is a typically British thing to do though, it's a pretty big business here :-)
    Pitfall69 said:

In the US we call these Moblie Homes.

@Pitfall69 - Really? In Canada we call them Mobile homes!

I'm kidding, had to take advantage of that! XoP

Pitfall69
    graphite said:

Really enjoyed this collaborative at Brickworld. One of my favorite movies and thought all the pieces on display were great.

I'm glad that you enjoyed these pieces. I had a lot of fun working on the ship, trying to get the angles just right.

Most of the other pieces have now been posted and have been compiled in this Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/galleries/72157645496385816/#

Pitfall69 said:

L before I except after...wait...how does that go again? :)

rancorbait
    edited July 2014

^ It's what we call a 10 or 12 foot wide caravan in the UK, they tend to largely stay in the same place over here probably because our roads are too small to constantly transport them (we have smaller ones for that) ;-)

I suppose holidaying in a caravan (static or mobile) is a typically British thing to do though, it's a pretty big business here :-)

Great model. I guess I never thought someone would make an MOC of one...lol.

A lot of old train yards use them for offices or sleeping quarters for railway workers.

edited July 2014
    Pitfall69 said:

Pitfall69 said:

L before I except after...wait...how does that go again? :)

@Pitfall69 - It's "LEGO before M*** B**** except after plastic pony"

:oP
    We can do 2 entries?
    ^ As many as you want. But I think I'm going to take a break for now.
    bobabricks
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 729
    edited July 2014
    ^ this could become the the next MOC competition.

Untimely demises of talented, smart a** builders.

Sorry @rancorbait‌, I'm just jealous of your talent is all. ;-)
    rancorbaitvitreolumTheOneVeyronianBumblepantsjasor
    @vitreolum - Ha ha, that's brilliant!

Thanks. :))
    edited July 2014
    I was board yesterday so I built this using a small selection of elements I had lying around.

Note: I don't have my college DSLR camera anymore so back to square one :/
    rancorbaitGothamConstructionCovitreolum