Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Target B&M: Clearance - Summer 2014

binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
edited July 2014 in Shopping USA/Canada
It looks like Target is starting its annual summer clearance. Mine had the following at 50% off.

#7965 Millennium Falcon ($69.99)
#31011 Aviation Adventures ($29.99)
#70006 Cragger's Command Ship ($39.99)
#70009 Worriz' Combat Lair ($34.99)
#70010 Lion CHI Temple ($59.99)
#70403 Dragon Mountain ($24.99)

As always, YMMV.
ColoradoBricksBumblepantsMandalorian_Buildersidersddstarwarfan77

Comments

• Mandalorian_BuilderMandalorian_Builder Member Posts: 197
    I hope you are right on the Millennium Falcon! I'm heading to target on my lunch.
    My target was sold out of the MF, but they had a bunch of the sets.

Add 76003 to the list for $24.98
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    Of course Target starts their summer clearance the day after I return home from my summer road trip in the US. Fingers crossed Canada gets the same schedule of summer clearance.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734

Add 76003 to the list for $24.98

I also saw a clearance tag on the shelf for another large Star Wars set, but there were none left. The tag just said "Republic", so it was either #7964 or #75021.
  • crainbocrainbo Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2014
    My Target had the following at 50% off:

#75017 Duel on Geonosis
    #75021 Republic Gunship
    #70006 Cragger's Command Ship
    #70008 Gorzan's Gorilla Striker
    #70009 Worriz's Combat Lair
    #70010 The Lion CHI Temple
    #76003 Superman: Battle of Smallville
    #70403 Dragon Mountain
    #31011 Aviation Adventures
    binaryeye
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,708
    ^Mine had the same. Got some for me and some for Fairy Bricks
    sidersdd
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    Only 30% off for me and no falcon.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    ^ Same. :(
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,252
    It's a miracle!

My local target which never has anything on sale (except for $2 off your random Chima speedorz) had the following at 50% off:

#75021 Republic Gunship
    #70006 Cragger's Command Ship
    #70008 Gorzan's Gorilla Striker
    #70009 Worriz's Combat Lair
    #76003 Superman: Battle of Smallville

I left quite a bit on the shelf (Gunship and Smallville gone), so if you are in the Lexington area it would still be worth it to stop by and take a look.

Don't forget to post your locations everyone!
    pharmjod
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    I noticed some 30% off items here in Edmonton,Canada. Black Gate, Gorzon, Castle and a couple Star wars sets. Hope they go to 50% like they did last year.
    I'm in Champaign, IL. I left everything on the shelf but I suspect at least the Falcons are gone by now.
    tamamahm
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    Well, time to go shopping in the morning. Guessing I will have missed the good stuff.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,941
    Things by me never go to 50% that fast. Only 30% here, much to my son's chagrin.

@binaryeye‌ Now I want a Papa Del's pizza! It has been too many years.
    iccarus said:

Well, time to go shopping in the morning. Guessing I will have missed the good stuff.

I don't know if it's applicable to all Target stores, but clearances always start on Thursday (or sometimes Wednesday evening) at my local store.
    tamamahm said:

@binaryeye‌ Now I want a Papa Del's pizza! It has been too many years.

Did you go to UIUC? Though a lot of people rave about it, I'm not a fan of Papa Del's; deep dish just isn't appealing to me.
    (Yup. Went there. Awh, deep dish is great. :-) Definitely more the special occasion, though. We did cheap pizza in most instances)
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    binaryeye said:

Did you go to UIUC? Though a lot of people rave about it, I'm not a fan of Papa Del's; deep dish just isn't appealing to me.

Bite your tongue. Papa Dels is a treasure of Champaign. Oh, how I miss it. ;)
    tamamahm
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 385
    Everything that was left was only 30% off by me.
  • legomasonlegomason Member Posts: 190
    @iccarus I thought it was in Illinois, not Ohio? :)
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    Scored (2) #7965 Millennium Falcon ($69.99)
    (1) #70403 Dragon Mountain ($24.99)
    Zonstarwarfan77samiam391CircleK
    Nice. I picked up the only Chima sets my son has ever had interest in at 50%.

Now to decide whether to have him buy them off me, or if I save for his bday.

• Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,810
    Two stores in San Jose, CA had a few of the above mentioned sets at 30% off, but one also had Lord Business Evil Lair for 30% off.
    SarahIsabella
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    No falcons here, but there were lots of Smallville sets. There was also the Joker Steamroller marked down to $11.XX, but when I tried to buy it, they told me it was marked wrong. Oh, well!
    Also, is there an assumption that the Smallville sets will go up at some point: What's the draw towards them?
  • vadangvadang Member Posts: 47
    Went 2 here in south houston. First one only had a few star wars and Chima sets for 30% off. Went to another and scored the last star wars gunship for 50% off. The Chima sets were also 50 off but my son and I aren't huge Chima fans. Neither of the stores had any other series on sale.

Thanks for the heads up!
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 475
    I got one Falcon for 30%. I would have preferred 50% of course but it was the last one and I grabbed it.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,876
    Pretty sad when any Lego set gets skipped at 50%.
  • SarahIsabellaSarahIsabella USAMember Posts: 69
    I went to 3 Targets today in NW Houston. The one in my own neighborhood had NO LEGO on clearance, the other 2 were still at 30% off the above mentioned sets. Also had 1 clearance Friends set - #41000 "Water Scooter Fun" for $4.88. There were dozens at that price.
    On Thursday, I had my wife check the local Target and there was nothing on clearance. Then around 11am today I decided what the heck and went to that same store. Lo and behold red clearance tags everywhere but not on what I wanted. So I wound up calling and driving to other Targets in the area (St. Louis) and finally scored. Don't be afraid to call. I was able to skip three stores that way.
  • legomasonlegomason Member Posts: 190
    @mathew What did you say when you called?
    @legomason‌ - I did the same thing as @mathew and called before hand. I asked to be connected to the Toy Department and then asked whether they had anything on sale. At first they said only a few things were $2 off. I then asked for them to see if they had anything on clearance and to really check the aisles. When they came back they said they had multiple things at 50%.

That helped me get a few items at 50% off and also saved me a trip to another Target that didn't have anything on sale!
    edited July 2014
    legomason said:

@mathew What did you say when you called?

I just asked if they had the Lego Millennium Falcon and what the price was. I know some people tell you never to call a store because the employees will lie or buy it out from under you. But I think most Target employees are rather ambivalent about toys.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086

Also, is there an assumption that the Smallville sets will go up at some point: What's the draw towards them?

Nothing, in my book. Only Minifigs for the completest. Those sets have been setting around gathering dust while the Marvel Superhero sets have sold well.

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,306
    Wish that Target would set up their mobile app like Walmart, so you can see what is on sale at each store.
    sidersdd
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432

Wish that Target would set up their mobile app like Walmart, so you can see what is on sale at each store.

Agreed. I just noticed in the last few days that the Walmart app gives the local store prices now. When did that update happen?
    sidersdd said:

Agreed. I just noticed in the last few days that the Walmart app gives the local store prices now. When did that update happen?
    I think it has been around for at least a year now. Very useful though and saves gas.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432

sidersdd said:

I think it has been around for at least a year now. Very useful though and saves gas.
    Really? I remember you could see the store prices before but you had to jump into store mode and scan a barcode. Now it lists all the stores in your area along with their respective price - without having to jump into store mode. Much more convenient.
    Has anyone checked their local Walmart for clearance? I can never remember when they start clearing the shelves too.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,708
    ^I have been looking off and on over the last few weeks. Mostly finding stuff that seems to have been there since Christmas. One had about 15 Goblin King's @$70 and another had too many Warg Attacks to count. Perhaps they are waiting until the Star Wars and Chima sets release in August to reset their Lego aisle.
    The last Walmart I checked had the Batcave on clearance for a whole $3 off. Not even worth the gas to go out there and check again!
  • veign06veign06 USAMember Posts: 136
    Two target stores near me had MF but only at 30% off, 97.99.
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    Went to my local target today to see what they had. Only thing on clearance of interest to me was the republic gunship. And it was still 85. Everything else was city stuff on clearance. I was a little saddened.
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 416
    Saw millennium falcons and republic gunships for half off during my trip, decided to pass on all. Crazy.
    ^ I passed on 50% Gunships. I already own it and I think with the upcoming sequels that anything prequel related will be less collectable on the secondary market. I have question though: are the original trilogy films now considered prequels?
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    Why was mine not 50? That's really frustrating.
    mathew said:

I have question though: are the original trilogy films now considered prequels?

The OT would be a prequel trilogy only if its sequels were made before it.
    50 cents, thanks target!
  • BlueTacoBlueTaco MarylandMember Posts: 78
    Mixed results around Glen Burnie MD. Saw all the sets previously mentioned, all at 30% off. Availability was pretty limited and at least one store, Crofton, didn't have clearance prices marked but they rang up at 30% off. Also, the one Target around here that has Architecture sets had them marked down. I picked up #21006 White House for $35.
    edited July 2014
    lulwut said:

Saw millennium falcons and republic gunships for half off during my trip, decided to pass on all. Crazy.

The Falcon may retire this year. I also think that we will see the first trailer for Episode 7 this year. If the Falcon makes a cameo appearance in the preview (and I can guarantee you that it will) and this set retires there will be a aftermarket gold mine.
    edited July 2014
    ..Unless LEGO does do a UCS Falcon again shortly after its EOL.
    I am leery of any SW LEGO being trumpeted as a gold mine. Maybe the qualifier should be 'if you get them on sale', but seeing as EVERYONE feels that almost anything SW will make a killing I am dubious how much of a gold mine it is.
    So if you can get them for under retail (like 25-50%) go for it. But If you are going to buy at retail I would say avoid.

Heck I'm surprised that another AT-AT has not be released yet by LEGO, they are a bit due for one.
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 590

Heck I'm surprised that another AT-AT has not be released yet by LEGO, they are a bit due for one.

It's coming in the next month or two...thats why you're seeing these clearances. ;)