Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Clone head

Hi Guys,

I photographed some of the lego miniworld figures at Legoland Windsor and was trying to replicate the Clone helmet.

However the bit that is really getting me is the black bit (in attached image) that holds the two front pointy bits together. Does anyone have any idea on what bit it is?

Thanks

Antony

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,388
    edited June 2014
    A Plate, Modified 1 x 1 with Clip Light:

bobabricks
  • ukuser32ukuser32 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Huw,

Thanks for that - I did consider that but what is the clip light? It was the thin black piece at the top which got me.

Thanks

Antony
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    The thin black piece is a bracket it believe:

I'm not sure how those two would work in this example though? Will have to work it through. Thanks.
    Sorry to push this point but how would it fit together? See new image as I'm not sure how it would work. Thanks. Antony
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 549
    The thin black piece is a 1x2x1 panel/wall element: http://brickset.com/parts/486526
    The helmet is built off of 2 white 1x1 bricks with studs on all 4 sides stacked on top of each other.
    The the lower one has the two 1x2 triple-slope pieces on each side with (2) 1x1 plates on the front with the 1x1 clip light with the cheese slopes attached to it in front of those plates.
    The upper brick has the 1x2x1 panel/wall element on the front (behind the clip light from the lower brick) and then a 1x1 square plate and a 1x2 tile on each side of it.
    On the top you have 2 1x2 jumper plates, with the front one connected only to the 2x2 round plate while resting on top of the panel/wall element.
    I hope this helps, but if you still have trouble with it, let me know and I'll post a multicolored mock-up of it.
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    I didn't notice the space between the two plates first, I was wrong there.
    Hi, thanks for your detailed response. I'm still slightly unclear so have attached what I can work out for a lxf lego designer file which will hopefully help get things started. Just rename it from .jpg to .lxf. Thanks. Antony
    @ukuser32 I've not been able to figure out LDD, so I built a multi-colored model and have attached a photo collage to guide you through the building procedure from the parts to the finished head. Please let me know if you have any further questions.image
    scrumperChrisbstmbinaryeyeJoseph
    Thank you SirBen!! I fully get that and it makes a lot of sense. You'll never guess what I've been trying to build :) Thank you for your time and detailed explanation!! Antony
    You're welcome, ukuser32. I'm glad that works for you. Happy building!