Thanks to @Huw
for giving this the green light and to good friend @CapnRex101
for letting this happen in the first place, I am pleased to announce the Brickset Builders Guild's first themed MOC contest with real prizes! So, to celebrate the upcoming release of the Exo Suit, I welcome you to the Neo-Classic Space MOC contest!
Basically, all you have to do is build a model of 338 pieces or less that will fit within the general theme of Classic Space (or Neo-Classic Space). You can do mechs, robots, spaceships, space bases, microscale, anything you can think of as long as it's to do with Classic Space.
The prizes will be as follows:
1st prize: A copy of #21109 Exo-Suit, signed by it's creator Peter Reid.
Two lucky runners-up will each receive a copy of #5002812 Classic Spaceman minifigure
Judging the entries will be the master of Neo-Classic Space himself, Peter Reid aka @Legoloverman
. Entries will be judged on the aesthetics (i.e. how faithful is the design to Classic Space?) and use of clever building techniques.Here are the rules of the contest: Please read these very carefully before submitting entries!
- Builds can consist of absolutely anything, but they should fit in with the general Classic or Neo-Classic Space vibe.
- Builds must consist of no more than 338 pieces
. No physical size limit applies, so if you want to use 338 BURP's and huge pieces, you can.
- You can use either old or new grays in your build.
- Physical and LDD builds are accepted, but try to make sure your LDD builds are buildable in real life (no floating bricks, and try to use existing part colour combos. BrickLink's colour guide
should help with that). It may be advisable to send the LDD's to me for checking (or attach the LDD file to your entry post either using the forum upload or an external host site like Brickshelf), as too many illegal part colour combos may lead to the entry being disqualified. The use of POV-Ray to render digital models is accepted.
- You may use Photoshop (or other image editing program), but only for basic touchups and background removal. Adding special effects is discouraged, and altering a piece isn't allowed.
- You may enter as many times as you like, but you will only be eligible to win one prize.
- Post each entry as a separate post to this thread.
- Maximum of 4 photographs or screenshots per entry
- You have until the 31st July 2014, 23:59 UK time
to enter. Entries posted in this thread after that time will not be accepted.
- Peter Reid's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be contacted through the Brickset Forum soon after the results are announced. All prizes will be sent from the UK, please allow up to 28 days for delivery.
So, good luck to all those who enter, and have fun building!