Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Poisso3 said:

Not sure if this is the right thread but here is the MOC my daughter and I came up with using the pieces she got at the recent TRU Free Build:

Admin-a-tron and Copy-bot

I'm both impressed and disturbed at the same time :)
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    edited June 2014
    I love it! So original/different. Definitely not a "failed attempt"!
    I love the fact that you have a mouse as, well, the mouse. ;-)
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    edited June 2014
    Seems I no longer need to reply. :))
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    edited June 2014
    Ha, yeah, it struck me as soon as I posted, and I thought to myself "I had better change what I wrote to show that it's obvious that the mouse is the cursor so I don't look like an idiot/offend vitreolum's creative part usage", but it seems I was a bit late. :-)

(For the benefits of those who missed my ninja editing skills and are confused by vitreolum's response, I had originally written "What's up with the levitating rat/mouse?", which I changed to what you see now as soon as I figured out what it was - mere seconds after I posted, but apparently not quickly enough)
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,262
    ^ I was confused as well for a moment, but through not fault of @vitreolum‌ as your model is great! I have never seen a model anything like it before actually (and I mean that in the good way)!
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    @vitreolum‌ your thing was pretty sweet to begin with, but the mouse made it fantastic :)
    Thanks. :D

Two quick questions about the judging as both I and binaryeye are in a fog here:

When are we supposed to judge this round exactly?
    Not sure I understood correctly, are there two or three judges? :))
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    edited June 2014
    ^ On Wednesday (the 25th) And I believe there are only 2 judges.
  • Poisso3Poisso3 Member Posts: 196

Poisso3 said:

Not sure if this is the right thread but here is the MOC my daughter and I came up with using the pieces she got at the recent TRU Free Build:

Admin-a-tron and Copy-bot

I'm both impressed and disturbed at the same time :)
    Thank you! We had fun trying to build a body for the female head. At one point she had a snake-tail instead of legs, but that didn't last after the build fell to the floor.

• Davian07Davian07 Member Posts: 19
    Entire Scooby Doo milieu with Shaggy and a table full of food. Shaggy's so excited he's spilled Scooby Snacks all over the floor. (RiP, Casey Kasem)
    binaryeyecarlqAdzbadboybobabricksTechnicNickbrickedinSarahIsabellaGalactus
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,613
    I have completed the final product for my college project.
    rancorbaitGothamConstructionCo
  • TechnicNickTechnicNick Berkshire, UKMember Posts: 277
    ^ and ^^ and ^^^ The inspiring mocs just keep on coming!
    rancorbait
    edited June 2014
    Geez, did you have to crawl under that thing to install the transmission? :oP

And speaking of transmissions, Is that one fully functional? :oD

Geez, did you have to crawl under that thing to install the transmission? :oP

And speaking of transmissions, Is that one fully functional? :oD

Yes, and yes! :-)
    rancorbaitPitfall69
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    @TechnicNick I love how you incorporate Techinic stuff and bricks, I see so many official Lego models that look unfinished without bricks ;)

@vitreolum I love it! Space frogs! :D
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    There have been many excellent MOCs posted this round, but we've come to the point where a winner must be decided upon.

@vitreolum and myself have agreed that the Willys MB Jeep (small version) by @TechnicNick is most deserving of the award. Congratulations!

The Balrog by @TheOneVeyronian‌ and the fishing and rockwork vignettes by @rancorbait deserve special mention as runners-up.
    CapnRex101rancorbaitTheLoneTensorcarlqTechnicNickGothamConstructionCoSirBen
    Thankyou @binaryeye and @vitreolum ! I always thought the little one was nicer :-)
    vitreolum
    edited June 2014
    Congratulations @TechnicNick!

For the time being contests are being halted, as we will hopefully have a slightly different kind of contest (with prizes) coming soon...

Please feel free to keep posting your MOCs, as they will be taken into account for the next weekly/monthly/however longly contest :o)
    GothamConstructionCoTechnicNickSirBen
    Now in gold :o)

Power Suit (Gold)
    vitreolumTechnicNickCapnRex101GothamConstructionCobobabricksAdzbadboyabrahamalincoln
    Really excellent, only part I don't like is the hands.
    ^ That is absolutely fantastic. I have never seen so much movement in a model (other than when a piece is actually moving). Amazing job!
    Thanks, I'm really happy with how this one turned out.
  • ChrisbstmChrisbstm USAMember Posts: 151
    @vitreolum‌ awesome build is the only criticism I have. Excellent use of those claw pieces for the hair. That's such a an odd piece.
  • ChrisbstmChrisbstm USAMember Posts: 151
    Little mech body I made for an extra alien head I had. Man, making mechs is fun
    rancorbaitvitreolumcarlqbobabricks
    @Chrisbstm Thanks, indeed, it's quite annoying to use that part due to the large size near the pin.
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 724
    @Mrs_Wobblehead‌, my daughter and I were laughing out loud while spotting the Superheroes and the things they're doing.

That is with out a doubt one of the most fun MOCs I've ever seen :-)
    Mrs_Wobblehead
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,356
    I am absolutely bored out of my mind this evening, so I made this MOC of a rollercoaster train, from Thorpe Park's winged rollercoaster The Swarm. Hopefully one day I could incorporate this into a working LEGO rollercoaster when I get the space!

And a close up of one of the cars:

It's just a fairly basic MOC, but I think it turned out reasonably well. Not an easy shape of train to replicate in LEGO though...
    Lego_StarcarlqGothamConstructionCoTechnicNickbobabricksMrMaracaMan
    Dance of the Seven Veils
    carlqpricey73CapnRex101TechnicNickbobabricksMrMaracaManGalactusGoldchains
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,090
    In anticipation of the Munchkin Bricks kickstarter that was funded recently I've started picking through cards for monsters to build. Decided to give the Bullrog a go using primarily mixels parts to make it playable...

Needs a bit of work...think I might pick up a few more red mixels for parts.
    carlqrancorbaitbobabricks
    I remember this one, very interesting concept. Well done.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,382
    @Shib‌ - Nice job and something I didn't think of when I saw the Munchkin Bricks before. I love Munchkins and there are so many creatures in there. Great idea!
    ^Thanks, its no where near as accurate to the card as the one on the project website, but I found that I don't have nearly as much red Lego as I'd thought and was aiming for something a bit more playable. I'm definitely going to keep working on it, hoping to make a full Munchkin Dungeon scene once the Munchkin bricks arrive - I know it's going to be a long wait for that, but got an wary start on it! :-P
    Silly little lunchtime LDD build ...

I might have watched Wall-e last night :-P
    TechnicNickbobabricksbluedragoncarlq
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    ^"please put down your weapon you have 20 seconds to comply"
    Oldfan
    Huh, I thought it was built in 2014, by TechnicNick... :oP

Great job!
    TheBigLegoski
    Mech suits might just be your specialty @rancorbait, lovely work :o)

Another incredible piece @TechnicNick‌! Out of interest, do you disassemble your models once you have photographed them or do you try to keep them all together?

Also, would I be correct in assuming that those piano keys are created using black jumper plates between 1x1 and 1x2 white plates? Whatever the technique is, it yields a great result.

Mech suits might just be your specialty @rancorbait, lovely work :o)

Another incredible piece @TechnicNick‌! Out of interest, do you disassemble your models once you have photographed them or do you try to keep them all together?

Also, would I be correct in assuming that those piano keys are created using black jumper plates between 1x1 and 1x2 white plates? Whatever the technique is, it yields a great result.

I try to keep them together for a while, until I need the pieces for something else...
    Those piano keys are 1x2 tiles, so that they can jut out by less than half a stud.