Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Poisso3 said:

Not sure if this is the right thread but here is the MOC my daughter and I came up with using the pieces she got at the recent TRU Free Build:

Admin-a-tron and Copy-bot

I'm both impressed and disturbed at the same time :)
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    edited June 2014
    I love it! So original/different. Definitely not a "failed attempt"!
    I love the fact that you have a mouse as, well, the mouse. ;-)
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    edited June 2014
    Seems I no longer need to reply. :))
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    edited June 2014
    Ha, yeah, it struck me as soon as I posted, and I thought to myself "I had better change what I wrote to show that it's obvious that the mouse is the cursor so I don't look like an idiot/offend vitreolum's creative part usage", but it seems I was a bit late. :-)

(For the benefits of those who missed my ninja editing skills and are confused by vitreolum's response, I had originally written "What's up with the levitating rat/mouse?", which I changed to what you see now as soon as I figured out what it was - mere seconds after I posted, but apparently not quickly enough)
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    ^ I was confused as well for a moment, but through not fault of @vitreolum‌ as your model is great! I have never seen a model anything like it before actually (and I mean that in the good way)!
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    @vitreolum‌ your thing was pretty sweet to begin with, but the mouse made it fantastic :)
    Thanks. :D

Two quick questions about the judging as both I and binaryeye are in a fog here:

When are we supposed to judge this round exactly?
    Not sure I understood correctly, are there two or three judges? :))
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    edited June 2014
    ^ On Wednesday (the 25th) And I believe there are only 2 judges.
  • Poisso3Poisso3 Member Posts: 196

Poisso3 said:

Not sure if this is the right thread but here is the MOC my daughter and I came up with using the pieces she got at the recent TRU Free Build:

Admin-a-tron and Copy-bot

I'm both impressed and disturbed at the same time :)
    Thank you! We had fun trying to build a body for the female head. At one point she had a snake-tail instead of legs, but that didn't last after the build fell to the floor.

• Davian07Davian07 Member Posts: 19
    Entire Scooby Doo milieu with Shaggy and a table full of food. Shaggy's so excited he's spilled Scooby Snacks all over the floor. (RiP, Casey Kasem)
    binaryeyecarlqAdzbadboybobabricksTechnicNickbrickedinSarahIsabellaGalactus
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,624
    I have completed the final product for my college project.
    rancorbaitGothamConstructionCo
  • TechnicNickTechnicNick Berkshire, UKMember Posts: 277
    ^ and ^^ and ^^^ The inspiring mocs just keep on coming!
    rancorbait
    edited June 2014
    Geez, did you have to crawl under that thing to install the transmission? :oP

And speaking of transmissions, Is that one fully functional? :oD

Geez, did you have to crawl under that thing to install the transmission? :oP

And speaking of transmissions, Is that one fully functional? :oD

Yes, and yes! :-)
    rancorbaitPitfall69
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    @TechnicNick I love how you incorporate Techinic stuff and bricks, I see so many official Lego models that look unfinished without bricks ;)

@vitreolum I love it! Space frogs! :D
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    There have been many excellent MOCs posted this round, but we've come to the point where a winner must be decided upon.

@vitreolum and myself have agreed that the Willys MB Jeep (small version) by @TechnicNick is most deserving of the award. Congratulations!

The Balrog by @TheOneVeyronian‌ and the fishing and rockwork vignettes by @rancorbait deserve special mention as runners-up.
    CapnRex101rancorbaitTheLoneTensorcarlqTechnicNickGothamConstructionCoSirBen
    Thankyou @binaryeye and @vitreolum ! I always thought the little one was nicer :-)
    vitreolum
    edited June 2014
    Congratulations @TechnicNick!

For the time being contests are being halted, as we will hopefully have a slightly different kind of contest (with prizes) coming soon...

Please feel free to keep posting your MOCs, as they will be taken into account for the next weekly/monthly/however longly contest :o)
    GothamConstructionCoTechnicNickSirBen
    Now in gold :o)

Power Suit (Gold)
    vitreolumTechnicNickCapnRex101GothamConstructionCobobabricksAdzbadboyabrahamalincoln
    Really excellent, only part I don't like is the hands.
    ^ That is absolutely fantastic. I have never seen so much movement in a model (other than when a piece is actually moving). Amazing job!
    Thanks, I'm really happy with how this one turned out.
  • ChrisbstmChrisbstm USAMember Posts: 151
    @vitreolum‌ awesome build is the only criticism I have. Excellent use of those claw pieces for the hair. That's such a an odd piece.
  • ChrisbstmChrisbstm USAMember Posts: 151
    Little mech body I made for an extra alien head I had. Man, making mechs is fun
    rancorbaitvitreolumcarlqbobabricks
    @Chrisbstm Thanks, indeed, it's quite annoying to use that part due to the large size near the pin.
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 729
    @Mrs_Wobblehead‌, my daughter and I were laughing out loud while spotting the Superheroes and the things they're doing.

That is with out a doubt one of the most fun MOCs I've ever seen :-)
    Mrs_Wobblehead
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    I am absolutely bored out of my mind this evening, so I made this MOC of a rollercoaster train, from Thorpe Park's winged rollercoaster The Swarm. Hopefully one day I could incorporate this into a working LEGO rollercoaster when I get the space!

And a close up of one of the cars:

It's just a fairly basic MOC, but I think it turned out reasonably well. Not an easy shape of train to replicate in LEGO though...
    Lego_StarcarlqGothamConstructionCoTechnicNickbobabricksMrMaracaMan
    Dance of the Seven Veils
    carlqpricey73CapnRex101TechnicNickbobabricksMrMaracaManGalactusGoldchains
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,217
    In anticipation of the Munchkin Bricks kickstarter that was funded recently I've started picking through cards for monsters to build. Decided to give the Bullrog a go using primarily mixels parts to make it playable...

Needs a bit of work...think I might pick up a few more red mixels for parts.
    carlqrancorbaitbobabricks
    I remember this one, very interesting concept. Well done.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,394
    @Shib‌ - Nice job and something I didn't think of when I saw the Munchkin Bricks before. I love Munchkins and there are so many creatures in there. Great idea!
    ^Thanks, its no where near as accurate to the card as the one on the project website, but I found that I don't have nearly as much red Lego as I'd thought and was aiming for something a bit more playable. I'm definitely going to keep working on it, hoping to make a full Munchkin Dungeon scene once the Munchkin bricks arrive - I know it's going to be a long wait for that, but got an wary start on it! :-P
    Silly little lunchtime LDD build ...

I might have watched Wall-e last night :-P
    TechnicNickbobabricksbluedragoncarlq
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    ^"please put down your weapon you have 20 seconds to comply"
    Oldfan
    Huh, I thought it was built in 2014, by TechnicNick... :oP

Great job!
    TheBigLegoski
    Mech suits might just be your specialty @rancorbait, lovely work :o)

Another incredible piece @TechnicNick‌! Out of interest, do you disassemble your models once you have photographed them or do you try to keep them all together?

Also, would I be correct in assuming that those piano keys are created using black jumper plates between 1x1 and 1x2 white plates? Whatever the technique is, it yields a great result.

Mech suits might just be your specialty @rancorbait, lovely work :o)

Another incredible piece @TechnicNick‌! Out of interest, do you disassemble your models once you have photographed them or do you try to keep them all together?

Also, would I be correct in assuming that those piano keys are created using black jumper plates between 1x1 and 1x2 white plates? Whatever the technique is, it yields a great result.

I try to keep them together for a while, until I need the pieces for something else...
    Those piano keys are 1x2 tiles, so that they can jut out by less than half a stud.