Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Ghostbusters 21108

Comments

• Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    Could be to avoid paying royalties to the owner of the song.
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    Just got a set today, everybody else in the store also had one in there hand while looking around (obviously making sure they got one before looking at other sets to buy :P)
  • bkprbkpr Texas, USAMember Posts: 295
    Anyone know what shipping time we can expect? I ordered mine this morning but don't recall reading an estimated time if delivery within the US. Ordered before I remembered we have a Lego store in Houston to get one immediately :(
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited June 2014
    Could the backwards 'N' be a reference the GB 'no ghost' logo?
    bobabricks
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,061
    Odindusk said:

^ Is this a difference of currency thing? Because 50 USD is more than reasonable for this set.

It may be reasonable to some, but not to me when I see the BTTF going for 28 instead of 35.
    I would rather being paying $35-40 USD instead of $50 USD, but that is just me. I can wait, I do not need one right now.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    I can see his point, I don't like paying full price for anything if I can wait and get it in sale. I do for some poly bags but I got where I can wait for most stuff.
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    edited June 2014
    Well yeah, we all love snagging discount/clearance LEGO. But I guess the way I read it was "$50 is absurd for a licensed set with 500+ pieces" which prompted my response. It's another story if someone thinks that all LEGO is generally overpriced at retail and only buys it at discount.
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,525
    Shib said:

50 US Dollar equals 29.83 British Pound Sterling according to google

So the US equivalent of the UK price would be $75.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,411
    Roughly yes, although the UK price includes tax
    Just like most stuff then.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    $75 would be too much for that set.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    The Ecto 1 came to Arrowhead Towne Center in Phoenix AZ. Lots of Ghostbusters in the Lego store

Just like most stuff then.

I meant that as way more expensive in the UK rather than about the tax situation.
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    I went to my local LEGO store last night and asked for the ECTO-1, but the guy said he had sold the last one a few hours prior. However, he told me to order it online, and then gave me a coupon for free shipping. I thought that was a very nice gesture.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Not for nothing, was that coupon a 1-time use only code, or would you care to share?
  • GoodCoffeeJoeyGoodCoffeeJoey Member Posts: 82
    Calgary Lego store is sold out. The guy there said another shipment is arriving Friday.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873

Not for nothing, was that coupon a 1-time use only code, or would you care to share?

This is LEGO store policy for out of stock sets I think. And it would probably be wrong to abuse it.

scrumper
    This is why I asked. Is it abuse, or is it "probably" abuse?
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 687
    edited June 2014
    Strange, this is showing as "Coming Soon" on the UK [email protected] site (even though I was able to order it on 1st June, and it's already winging its way to me). If it's back-ordered, surely they'd say that...
  • prleeprlee UKMember Posts: 163
    I ordered mine online an hour after it went on sale on the UK website. It was delivered today :)
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    @TheLoneTensor‌ It says the code is "valid for one transaction only." Sorry.
    TheLoneTensor
  • chris_bhamchris_bham Member Posts: 65
    When will this be available on the lego Uk website?
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    At local Lego store in NJ, USA today looking for Ecto-1 and it is sold out, they hope to get more next week. I was told they had gotten 75 initially and sold out in 1-1/2 days. They are still available @lego.com but Amazon sold out and only show the re-seller's stock. Weird thing that they limit the Mars Rover #21104 to 10k but the Ecto-1 does not seem to be held to that same count.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    edited June 2014
    The Mars Rover is not limited to 10k. Stores are still getting shipments, a small toy store near me (SoCal) keeps getting them. And these things are everywhere when I was just in Japan where they are carried by all retailers.
  • Cosworth3dCosworth3d Member Posts: 42
    Got mine yesterday at the legostore in Oberhausen there where plenty in stock
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,682
    LEGO Ghostbusters Model Review: How the Fan Model Became a Real Set:
    edited June 2014
    Ma1234 said:

The Mars Rover is not limited to 10k. Stores are still getting shipments, a small toy store near me (SoCal) keeps getting them. And these things are everywhere when I was just in Japan where they are carried by all retailers.

Not for nothing, but do you have a little more info here? What makes you think they are getting shipments? Where are the shipments coming from, Lego, some 3rd party or the back room? What is the small toy store? (small toy stores love being referenced and advertised on toy forums, fyi). "And these things are everywhere." What does that even mean? I don't see them...anywhere myself.

Ma1234 said:

Not for nothing, but do you have a little more info here? What makes you think they are getting shipments? Where are the shipments coming from, Lego, some 3rd party or the back room? What is the small toy store? (small toy stores love being referenced and advertised on toy forums, fyi). "And these things are everywhere." What does that even mean? I don't see them...anywhere myself.
    I have never seen these outside of [email protected]

• msandersmsanders Member Posts: 1,005
    Father's Day present. There are some perks to being a Dad....! ;-)

scrumperbobabricksAdeelZubairInfinitymanpharmjodCasper
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    @TheLoneTensor I saw I few at a toy store up here in canada called Kaboodles and they had quite a few, I didn't buy any because I personally don't want the set but this proves there has to be more than 10k
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,353
    ^I don't doubt that you saw them but how does it prove there is more than 10k?
    pharmjod
    @roxio‌, Here in the UK I have seen it in: LEGO Stores, Tesco, Very, Amazon, House of Fraser, Toys R Us, Entertainer and Smyths.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    ^ you know they are talking about the Mars rover right?
    pharmjodLegoboy
  • DadDad UKMember Posts: 816
    ^ I guess not!

^ you know they are talking about the Mars rover right?

I apologise for my excitement over the Ecto-1 :/
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    Just in case you were curious, you have two extra round metallic silver 1x1's because you didn't use it on the roof lights (on the uppermost rod, opposite the red light), and instead used a round clear 1x1 in its place.
  • Cosworth3dCosworth3d Member Posts: 42
    Built mine a few weeks ago love it !
    edited August 2014
    "National Ghostbusters Day" To Take Place Thursday, August 28, 2014

http://enewsi.com/movies/190-27075.html

Thought some may be interested, started new discussion as it may be something new.
    bobabricks
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,645
    http://brickfanatics.co.uk/london-toy-fair-2015-report/

Check the Ninjago write-up. Maybe a good option for Slimer.
    legomattkez
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited January 2015
    Nice spot @CCC. I'll be looking out for those images.

Edit: (when images become available - none yet).
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 280
    edited January 2017
    What an atrocious set.  (Insert man yelling at cloud meme here).  First off, minifigs are my least favorite element of LEGO.  So, its bad enough that 20 pieces are wasted on minifigs, we then go churn through another 53 pieces and enough idiotic single stud to single stud, twisting sub-assemblies to make some stupid backpacks.  First set (out of 200+) that I've literally stopped building, chucked back in the box, and pushed to my son saying, 'here, take this pile of crap'.  Sorry to rant, but this set checked all of my pet peeve boxes simultaneously.  I'm happy for those that like it.  Ok.  Deep breath.  Moving on...
  • CaptainPirateManCaptainPirateMan MichiganMember Posts: 347
    Sooo... Tell us how you really feel.
    thedingman5AllBrick
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,166
    ^^ So, just build the car....
    AllBrick
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 337
    Build the car, sell the mini figs, buy another set with the proceeds. 
    AllBrick
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,477
    edited January 2017
    Careful, do not anger the spirit of Harold Ramis.

The set really is not that bad, your son is a lucky boy.

Why even buy it in the first place @thedingman5? You knew there were going to be four minifiqures, I get the impression you were surprised by that. Yes, the packs are a bit fiddly to build but hey, that's Lego for you.
    BumblepantsAanchir
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 280
    ^ It was a gift and my son is indeed lucky.  As am I, if annoying LEGO builds are the worst part of my day!!!!  
    AllBrickdavetheoxygenman
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,645
    Rumours of GB coming back next year in LEGO form:

kez
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 2,042
    ^ I'm not sure about this, we have set numbers for almost everything but I guess we will see. Maybe if its just a set rather than a line it would have been harder to spot.
  • cody6268cody6268 Member Posts: 296
    Playmobil has good success with their Ghostbusters line; to the point even Walmart is carrying the things--so why not LEGO?