Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Mixels Series 2 Sold Out?

Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
I was planning on buying a whole set of series 2 Mixels and some train tracks to get the free balloon cart and free delivery today. I had the sets in my shopping cart from yesterday. Went to pull the trigger today. All series 2 were sold out according the USA [email protected] What the heck. Less than a week after release??? Got to be a mistake? I had to run to a Walmart to grab the whole series in case it was true.

Anyone know anything about this?

Comments

• pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    I guess it is conceivable that if the first series didn't sell as well as expected they didn't make as many of the second series. Only time will tell though if it gets restocked.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    Series 1 sold out really quick online as well originally.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,038
    Series 2 actually sold out in one day. I know because I purchased the entire series on June 1st and by June 2nd they all showed as sold out. Even my order was delayed a couple of days and came in a separate package from the rest of the order. Yeah, looks like LEGO miscalculated the demand for this series. I hope they will restock them though.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,978
    Crazy. These could end up being Minecraft all over again. You think they would learn from those mistakes.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    ^^ They showed up sold out for me at 12:01 on June first. Never saw them in stock.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,977
    I just noticed this last night as well, and was quite surprised. I have seen these at my store and at Target, so I'm not sure what is up. I'm guessing they did not source as many for online sales as other outlets?

As others have said Series 1 also went quickly. I only saw it once at Target.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    tamamahm said:

As others have said Series 1 also went quickly. I only saw it once at Target.

My local Meijer still has a bunch of S1. I think it depends on the store. If you've got any regional chains that stock toys but aren't the typical place people go to buy toys, I suggest checking there if you're looking for S1.

My local Target got only two shipments of S1, I think, and both were gone relatively quickly. Their first shipment of S2 is already gone after about a week.
    I should also clarify. I did see these several times at my local Lego store, but Target it was just the once. I was shocked that the S2 that I saw last week were still at my local Target. I did grab a few more.

• ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534

I was planning on buying a whole set of series 2 Mixels and some train tracks to get the free balloon cart and free delivery today. I had the sets in my shopping cart from yesterday. Went to pull the trigger today. All series 2 were sold out according the USA [email protected] What the heck. Less than a week after release??? Got to be a mistake? I had to run to a Walmart to grab the whole series in case it was true.

Anyone know anything about this?

Mixels seem to really really popular at one Walmart around here. They went through almost 2 displays worth of series 1(only 4 bags left) plus one of wave 2 to date and hopefully another box of #2 will be coming soon.

I got a full set of wave one but for #2 I just got 4 different guys plus 2 doubles since I really wanted extras of the series 4 friends turtle sets plus a spare tiger set instead.

• binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    My local Target now has a bunch of S1 sets stuffed in an S2 box with a "Mixels Series 3" label underneath it on the shelf.
    tamamahmred237
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    it is available now :D
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Got my free balloon cart and VIP points and will be returning the ones to Walmart
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 272
    My TRU received two more cases of series 2 today.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    I don't understand why TLG released them then called them sold out and then have them again @ [email protected] Production problems?
    ^That or demand. Of course, I am not sure why they put sold out instead of simply putting backordered.